PDA

View Full Version : Random Question about Concessions

Benihana
08-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know what percentage (if any) of ancillary revenues at home games (concessions, memorabilia, etc.) that Reds ownership gets to keep?

Also random, but does anyone know the same question for the Nationals ownership?

Thanks.

bucksfan2
08-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know what percentage (if any) of ancillary revenues at home games (concessions, memorabilia, etc.) that Reds ownership gets to keep?

Also random, but does anyone know the same question for the Nationals ownership?

Thanks.

I think that would be difficult to figure out. I would assume that they contract out a group Sports Services to run the concessions while also getting organizations to work concessions for a donation.

I think merchandise is a little more tricky. In the NFL they have only one licensed brand. In MLB you can by MLB licensed clothing in Majestic, Nike, Adidas, etc.

Joseph
08-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I made a lot of concessions when I got married, the Reds got no percentage of those concessions.

westofyou
08-05-2009, 06:15 PM
James Click wrote in Baseball between the Numbers that a win was worth 705K of revenue for a team and that concessions was around 30% of that.

read more here.

http://books.google.com/books?id=uxdvwQdXbboC&pg=PA187&lpg=PA187&dq=concessions+MLB+percentage&source=bl&ots=JAv8_b4H87&sig=Lqe1r-326E5N0KzISucssxrutj8&hl=en&ei=VfV5SrzuJZTysQP52YDuBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Brutus
08-05-2009, 06:20 PM
There are a lot of factors that go into it. Sometimes the stadium deal requires concessions to be split or owed to the city or bondholder. Sometimes when a third-party does concessions there's either a set amount paid, minus labor or it's a percentage of profits. There's obviously a right or wrong answer specifically about the Reds or Nationals, but I'm not totally sure their structure.

Highlifeman21
08-06-2009, 04:40 AM

Thanks.

Ok, I'll bite.

Why the questions about concessions?