PDA

View Full Version : Makes it hard to hate the Cardinals, Pujols

Eric_the_Red
08-07-2009, 11:47 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090807&content_id=6299794&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Not for just aiding the hurt fan, but more for talking to the man's son with Down Syndrome and comforting him. If you believe in karma, then the Central is the Cards to lose.

OnBaseMachine
08-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Pujols is awesome. I used to not like him only because I was jealous that the Reds didn't have him. Over the last few years I've come to realize not only how great of a player he is, but how great of a person he is too. He's now one of my favorite players in the game.

reds44
08-07-2009, 11:56 PM
I still hate Pujols.

Crosley68
08-07-2009, 11:58 PM
I hate and respect the Cards....I just hate the cubbies

Phhhl
08-08-2009, 12:31 AM
I used to like Pujols until I saw an interview he did with the mlb network on the eve of the All Star Game this year. He twisted every question asked of him in the interview to defend himself against steroid allegations. It did not even seem that the interviewer was interested in the topc, but Albert seemed to have an agenda to defend himself during what should have been a very casual chat. Maybe it means nothing, but it struck me that he was extraordinarily sensitive about it. I still think he is the greatest hitter I have ever seen, but I can't say that I am certain he has been clean his entire career after watching him in that interview. It was kind of creepy.

dougdirt
08-08-2009, 02:10 AM
I love watching Albert Pujols about 130 times a year or so. From all accounts, he is a GREAT person.

Matt700wlw
08-08-2009, 03:30 AM
Albert hits homers for wins, and he does the same for kids.

That Pujols is a pretty good dude :)

GAC
08-08-2009, 04:18 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090807&content_id=6299794&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Not for just aiding the hurt fan, but more for talking to the man's son with Down Syndrome and comforting him. If you believe in karma, then the Central is the Cards to lose.

Pujols is a man of strong Christian faith. He's taken his success and used it to create the Albert Pujols Family Foundation that, among other things, assists the needs of impoverished families in his home country (where he runs an orphanage). Pujols is also very involved in reaching out to families with special needs children. This is a personal plight for him as the adopted father of a Down syndrome daughter (Isabella) whom was the child of his wife Diedre (who before their marriage was a single mother).

He believes very strongly in utilizing his success and abilities as an outlet to giving back

http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.org/images/PujolsNews2.pdf

I deeply admire the guy, both on and off the field.

reds1869
08-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Pujols is one of my all-time favorite players and a wonderful human being. I have never been able to hate him just because he puts on a Cardinals uniform.

Johnny Footstool
08-08-2009, 03:56 PM
He appears to be a great person, in word and in deed. But man, it still looks like he's using PEDs.

durl
08-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Pujols is a man of strong Christian faith. He's taken his success and used it to create the Albert Pujols Family Foundation that, among other things, assists the needs of impoverished families in his home country (where he runs an orphanage). Pujols is also very involved in reaching out to families with special needs children. This is a personal plight for him as the adopted father of a Down syndrome daughter (Isabella) whom was the child of his wife Diedre (who before their marriage was a single mother).

He believes very strongly in utilizing his success and abilities as an outlet to giving back

http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.org/images/PujolsNews2.pdf

I deeply admire the guy, both on and off the field.

Great info.

I really admire the guy. I really don't like to face him, but he's a great guy and an incredible ballplayer.

Jpup
08-08-2009, 06:11 PM
George?

Reds/Flyers Fan
08-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I hate Pujols and the Cards.

And the Cubs.

And the Brewers.

Jpup
08-08-2009, 06:22 PM
I hate Pujols and the Cards.

And the Cubs.

And the Brewers.

and the Astros and the Pirates.

same here. I can't stand the Cardinals or the Cubs or anyone on their teams.

StillFunkyB
08-09-2009, 12:36 AM
I can understand hating the teams in your division, especially the Cubs.

What I can't understand is how someone who loves baseball can "hate" Albert Pujols. I envy Cards fans who get to watch him hit 600 times a year.

Jpup
08-09-2009, 08:05 AM
I can understand hating the teams in your division, especially the Cubs.

What I can't understand is how someone who loves baseball can "hate" Albert Pujols. I envy Cards fans who get to watch him hit 600 times a year.

I hate him because he destroys the Reds. It's not personal.

cincrazy
08-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm kind of surprised that Cano cleared waivers, but it doesn't really matter. Everyone is put on waivers this time of year, and if Cano would have been claimed, the Yankees would have pulled him back just as quickly.

KoryMac5
08-09-2009, 11:52 AM
He appears to be a great person, in word and in deed. But man, it still looks like he's using PEDs.

You could say that about 50% of the players in MLB. Unless you have concrete evidence to support your eyes no need to bring it up in this thread as it has no bearing on the story.

cincrazy
08-09-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm kind of surprised that Cano cleared waivers, but it doesn't really matter. Everyone is put on waivers this time of year, and if Cano would have been claimed, the Yankees would have pulled him back just as quickly.

Wow. Clearly, this is not in the Robinson Cano thread like I thought it was. Whoops :)

Johnny Footstool
08-10-2009, 01:40 AM
You could say that about 50% of the players in MLB. Unless you have concrete evidence to support your eyes no need to bring it up in this thread as it has no bearing on the story.

I'm stating my opinion. I never claimed to have evidence of anything.

durl
08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I hate him...It's not personal.

Should I really try to make sense of that?

Roy Tucker
08-10-2009, 12:48 PM
There are some guys on teams that have regularly beat the Reds' brains out. Jeff Bagwell, Lance Berkman, Roy Oswalt, John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, and Barry Bonds are just a few. Guys you go "jeez pete, can't they ever get this guy out?" or "will someone please get a hit". Guys that if they just walk him, you consider it a minor victory. I've gone on some pretty major Bagwell rants in my day. Pujols is in this group.

As a Reds fan, they have my grudging respect but I wish they'd come down with the flu when the play against Cincinnati. As a baseball fan, I can see their brilliance and I respect and admire it and usually swear under my breath as I say "daggone he is good". I just wish the heck they weren't so successful against the Reds.