PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton: Man of God?

reds44
08-08-2009, 12:46 PM
http://deadspin.com/5332801/the-devil-is-still-in-josh-hamilton/gallery/?skyline=true&s=i

You be the judge...

Tom Servo
08-08-2009, 12:49 PM
:(

WMR
08-08-2009, 01:00 PM
The first couple photos made it look like he was sniffing something off the girl's boobs...

glad to see it was just whipped cream. :lol:

icehole3
08-08-2009, 01:01 PM
this is very sad and I feel so sorry for his wife

Tommyjohn25
08-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Hopefully these are pre-recovery, there isn't any proof of the date of these photos at all. Just a thought.

Joseph
08-08-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't know what Katie looks like, do we know she's not one of these women? I'll assume not,but still.

Mario-Rijo
08-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Hopefully these are pre-recovery, there isn't any proof of the date of these photos at all. Just a thought.

They claim you can see Al Leiter on the MLB network behind him in the photos in which case it would have to be after Jan 1 '09 when they debut it. I couldn't make it out as Leiter but I did make out what appears to be an MLB logo above Leiter in the pic. If it's not photoshopped by someone trying to make a quick buck (and if it is Josh needs to sue deadspin and hit them hard) then I feel for him and his family. Some people just never make it back and stay for very long.

reds44
08-08-2009, 01:18 PM
If these pics are real, and everybody's favorite Narron says they are fake, (http://deadspin.com/5332909/josh-hamiltons-mentor-id-be-shocked-if-photos-are-real?skyline=true&s=x) then I feel awful for his wife and his family. Not so much for him though.

TheNext44
08-08-2009, 01:36 PM
They claim you can see Al Leiter on the MLB network behind him in the photos in which case it would have to be after Jan 1 '09 when they debut it. I couldn't make it out as Leiter but I did make out what appears to be an MLB logo above Leiter in the pic. If it's not photoshopped by someone trying to make a quick buck (and if it is Josh needs to sue deadspin and hit them hard) then I feel for him and his family. Some people just never make it back and stay for very long.

Obviously that is Hamilton having fun with some ladies, but the question is when were they taken?

They could be 100% authentic, but putting in an image on a TV screen is about one of the easiest Photoshop moves there is, especially with a dark background. I am not very good at Photoshop and I could have done that in around 20 minutes.

And just in my opinion, but there is nothing that he is doing in those pictures that would classify him as either a Man of God, or not a Man of God. Many great Men of God have done far worse, and were still Men of God.

Not saying what he did was right, clearly if taken after his marriage, they are very wrong, but just not a horrible sin that questions his religious veracity.

Chip R
08-08-2009, 01:39 PM
If it is true, it's sad. However, just because someone is on the wagon, doesn't mean they will never fall off. It doesn't mean they are a bad person or a hypocrite, it just means they are human.

Brutus
08-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

RedsBaron
08-08-2009, 01:46 PM
If it is true, it's sad. However, just because someone is on the wagon, doesn't mean they will never fall off. It doesn't mean they are a bad person or a hypocrite, it just means they are human.

In the Old Testament David is referred to as a man "after God's own heart, " and yet David committed adultery and murder.
I hope the photos are either fake or were taken before Josh's recovery, but, yes, he is human. The only way to be certain you will never be called a hypocrite is never to take a stand for anthing good.

fearofpopvol1
08-08-2009, 01:59 PM
i think the photos are absolutely real...there's no denying that. the question is when they were taken. but either way, i doubt any sane woman/wife would want her husband out posing in pictures like these. and that goes for men too. i doubt any husband would want their wives posing in pictures like these as well.

traderumor
08-08-2009, 02:03 PM
As the title implies, this has nothing to do with baseball and the debate is nothing but tabloid discussion. This seems to be Peanut Gallery material, where a real discussion on the title could take place, if some feel the need to do so.

ochre
08-08-2009, 02:10 PM
I agree TR. I don't think it is possible, or fair to expect people to be able to maintain the forum standards in this thread. I'm going to preemptively close it.

ochre
08-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Hamilton fesses up (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090808&content_id=6316112&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)