PDA

View Full Version : Advice: don't accidently brush up against Ozzie Guillen

Brutus
08-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Don't Hit Us Or Else... (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4387215)

Such misplaced anger. I can understand the frustration, but if you don't think it's on purpose, deal with it. Injuries and wildness are part of the game.

wally post
08-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm embarrassed to say this, but I dig Guillen. He keeps creating an "us against you" vibe and many teams respond to that with wins.

reds44
08-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I love me some Ozzie.

Brutus
08-09-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm embarrassed to say this, but I dig Guillen. He keeps creating an "us against you" vibe and many teams respond to that with wins.

I'm entertained by his brash, but truthful demeanor. And I respect that he speaks his mind openly and honestly.

On this issue though, I think he's out of line.

GAC
08-09-2009, 07:55 PM
He's a jerk IMO. He acknowledges that the Sox players hit in the game vs the Indians the other night wasn't intentional and that they weren't being thrown at; but he's tired of seeing it so he is going to retaliate?

So he is going to order his pitchers to retaliate over being unintentionally HBP?

Going to create some sticky situations and unnecessary ejections.

wally post
08-09-2009, 07:59 PM
GAC, I agree with you - and that is why I said I am embarrassed, but he IS (IMO) toughening up his team for the run. There clearly is no template with Ozzie.

KoryMac5
08-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Ozzie is a fun train wreck to watch for now, but I am sure his act is going to wear off.

Red in Chicago
08-09-2009, 08:21 PM
He's a jerk IMO. He acknowledges that the Sox players hit in the game vs the Indians the other night wasn't intentional and that they weren't being thrown at; but he's tired of seeing it so he is going to retaliate?

So he is going to order his pitchers to retaliate over being unintentionally HBP?

BINGO

cincrazy
08-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Ozzie's overrated. Everyone loves him because he's so different from everyone else and speaks his mind regardless, despite the fact that half the time he comes off sounding like an ignorant fool. He gets a free pass, and it's rather annoying.

Emin3mShady07
08-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Ozzie is funny, entertaining, and belittled Jay Marrioti but he is sometimes a terrible strategist and lacks common sense from time to time, your average big league manager.

I can't comment on what effect his personality has on his teams (If any at all), but he's not what he's been hyped up to be as this great manager.

RANDY IN INDY
08-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't know why a manager has to say this kind of stuff to the media. It should just be implied, like it used to be. Hit ours, we're gonna hit yours.

jojo
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM

Or some concussions and career altering injuries..... I'm sorry but Guillen is a loser.

Blimpie
08-10-2009, 04:57 PM
I expect that Ozzie will be getting some vacation time approved by Bud Selig very soon.