PDA

View Full Version : Dickerson activated; Rolen to the DL

BRM
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Per Fay's blog. No word on a corresponding roster move.

Tom Servo
08-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Any chance at all for a Taveras DFA? :pray:

BRM
08-11-2009, 05:28 PM

Nice thought.

RichRed
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM

He's not in the lineup tonight and Dickerson is. A boy can dream...

dougdirt
08-11-2009, 05:39 PM

I just hope this boys dream comes true! :D

GAC
08-11-2009, 05:41 PM

Probably because of the way he hit that wall last night on Holliday's long drive. I guess some one should have told him the wall was there. ;)

Benihana
08-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Probably because of the way he hit that wall last night on Holliday's long drive. I guess some one should have told him the wall was there. ;)

Or someone should tell him to find a new job

Homer Bailey
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
See, now before I read this thread, I didn't even dream of WT getting DFA'd today. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind. Now I'm thinking about it, and hoping for it, even though I know it won't happen.

Even when I expect absolutely nothing from the Reds, something happens to disappoint me.

hebroncougar
08-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Taveras will do on the DL after running into the wall.....no way they'll eat that contract (though I certainly wish they would).

GADawg
08-11-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm not a big Willy T. fan but in his defense "we'd" still be in 5th with or without him...there are so many holes that it's hard to believe he still catches the bulk of the redszone ire. Having said that a real live bat in left, a healthy patient Bruce in right and a platoon of Dickerson/Tavares in center wouldn't be a bad start to 2010....outfieldely speaking of course(yep i cheat in scrabble)

Homer Bailey
08-11-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm not a big Willy T. fan but in his defense "we'd" still be in 5th with or without him...there are so many holes that it's hard to believe he still catches the bulk of the redszone ire. Having said that a real live bat in left, a healthy patient Bruce in right and a platoon of Dickerson/Tavares in center wouldn't be a bad start to 2010....outfieldely speaking of course(yep i cheat in scrabble)

That doesn't mean he deserves a spot on this team. Or any team for that matter. It's flat out embarrassing that this team chose to employ him for $6.25M when no one else wanted him.

BRM
08-11-2009, 06:12 PM
It's Rolen to the DL.

ST. LOUIS - Scott Rolen was placed on the disabled list by the Reds this afternoon, as his concussion-like symptoms persist. Rolen was beaned by a 92-mph Jason Marquis (Colorado) fastball Aug. 2. He played two games since but has been idled since this past weekend.

"It's the right thing to do," Rolen said. "This apparently clears up with inactivity."

Rolen said he still has occasional headaches and fuzziness.

The Reds in turn activated Chris Dickerson from the DL; he will start tonight in CF.

"Scott is still a little woozy," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "He's not seeing much improvement, so he's going to the DL. He's at a point where he's kind of stuck, he's in that zone. We were gonna wait a day or two, but we're short on the bench."

11larkin11
08-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Now Willy will sit for 14 days before playing again.

Maybe no one told him about the wall because Gomes and Balentien saw a chance to get a below average-average (not horrible like Willy) CF in the lineup

westofyou
08-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Scott gets a hockey players vacation for his noggin. Good call, he's milky but not tossing his lunch or having to sit down for an extended period of time.

nate
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM

I calculate the Reds would've scored nearly 20 more runs with a league average guy in CF using BTT's Lineup Analysis tool.

Replace all positions that are below average OBP and SLG with league average (that's CF, LF, SS and 3B) for the Reds this year and they score nearly 58 runs more. That still puts them at about 30 more runs allowed than scored. Probably not a winning record but I imagine the "hope-o-meter" wouldn't be zeroed just yet.

Not a scientific study but they have to make up the difference somehow.

fearofpopvol1
08-11-2009, 07:36 PM
i said this in the cueto (injury) thread too...whether it was by design or not...the events over the last couple weeks are going to cement the fact that the reds will be getting an impact draft pick next year...

GAC
08-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Taveras will do on the DL after running into the wall.....no way they'll eat that contract (though I certainly wish they would).

They could pretend he was Cormier. ;)

Stormy
08-11-2009, 07:44 PM
i said this in the cueto (injury) thread too...whether it was by design or not...the events over the last couple weeks are going to cement the fact that the reds will be getting an impact draft pick next year...

We're a candidate for the most impactful pick, in my opinion.

BCubb2003
08-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Not to cause a stir, but I wonder if Taveras qualifies for the no-repetitive-bashing-of-a-player rule yet.

Boss-Hog
08-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Not to cause a stir, but I wonder if Taveras qualifies for the no-repetitive-bashing-of-a-player rule yet.
Absolutely - that topic is being more closely monitored lately due to the continued excessive criticism in completely non-related threads.

Bumstead
08-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Hopefully Dickerson gets another chance to prove he should start in CF next year (of course that statement assumes nobody will be signed to play the position). Let the best player play!

Bum

OnBaseMachine
08-19-2009, 05:13 PM
--Scott Rolen will join Louisville tomorrow to begin a rehab assignment. He's play again Friday. He'll going the team Saturday in Pittsburgh and be activated Sunday.

"That's considered a plan," he said.

Rolen took batting practice and groundballs the last two days. He was going to run on the treadmill at 80 percent today.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog07&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ae57bcc87-152a-4f72-96fb-cc08b1f396efPost%3a0f347afb-0c3f-4d09-ba7f-2e952fe3fc3d&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

Tom Servo
08-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the update, OBM. Hope to see Rolen back in a Reds uniform this weekend.

Will M
08-19-2009, 06:31 PM
good news. concussions can be tricky. however usually a one time concussion isn't a big deal. its the hockey and football players with repetitive concussions that sometimes have to retire because of them.

step #1 - get rid of Willy T
step #2 - get Rolen back
step #3 - get Bruce back
step #4 - Phillips to SS and Frazier at 2B

Then we can see if the Reds can actually score.

Chip R
08-19-2009, 06:41 PM
--Scott Rolen will join Louisville tomorrow to begin a rehab assignment. He's play again Friday. He'll going the team Saturday in Pittsburgh and be activated Sunday.

"That's considered a plan," he said.

At least someone in the organization has a plan.