PDA

View Full Version : Hard Knocks discussion (thread might have spoilers)

GIDP
08-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I love the show already.

guttle11
08-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Pretty sure the TE coach is my new favorite person ever.

GIDP
08-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Mike Brown sitting in a room talking about rosters is awesomely awesome.

LoganBuck
08-13-2009, 07:32 AM
I liked the show, the one thing that really ticked me off, was the moment where Brown was asking if they can move someone from defense to tight end. Are the Steelers doing that?

GIDP
08-13-2009, 07:50 AM
I liked the show, the one thing that really ticked me off, was the moment where Brown was asking if they can move someone from defense to tight end. Are the Steelers doing that?

I seriously laughed at how absurd that scene was. Mike Brown asking a room full of NFL coaches if they think a player can move positions and every coach knowing no matter what they say it wont matter. :laugh:

CTA513
08-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Pretty sure the TE coach is my new favorite person ever.

"Chase what the *bleep* were you thinking about here?"

GIDP
08-13-2009, 02:25 PM
"do you have any moves?"
"yea"
"Well i hope you start incorporating them"

Caveat Emperor
08-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Mike Brown sitting in a room talking about rosters is awesomely awesome.

Ditto Marvin Lewis sitting silently while Brown leads the meeting. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

FWIW, I'm not a Bengals fan, and I loved the show. The TE coach is a riot, as is the OL coach making the comment about Andre Smith running with his shirt off (which rocked).

I also loved that Chad Johnson has a giant painting of himself in his house. Comedy GOLD!

Can't wait for next week's episode!

MJA
08-13-2009, 04:19 PM
I love how cheap the Bengals charge players for a TV set, can't get much cheaper than that.

LoganBuck
08-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I love how cheap the Bengals charge players for a TV set, can't get much cheaper than that.

John Thornton was on with Lance today. Lance asked him about that, and he didn't think it was a big deal. He said that kind of thing varies from team to team, some teams are set up in condos, others are in hotels, others like the Bengals are set up in spartan dormitories. Players can bring their own TVs.

Mario-Rijo
08-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Child Please!! ;)

My favorite part of the show watching Chad giving his explanation of his favorite new term.

mroby85
08-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Episode 2 tonight! :D

They're supposed to cover Carson/Jordan Palmer, his ankle injury, some with Maualuga, and talk about Kenny Watson being cut.

Caveat Emperor
08-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Carson's "hand problem" was one of the funnier things I've seen in a while.

This show just keeps getting better.

GIDP
08-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Freaking Raiders ruining the draft slotting process.

Caveat Emperor
08-20-2009, 12:55 AM
For those of you who are into such things:

Chad Ochocinco's Twitter: http://twitter.com/OgoChoCinco
Chad Ochocinco's Live Show: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-ocho-cinco-show

Highlights to look for in the latest Ochocinco show include:
- Chad broadcasting live from the hotel as he looks for his room, asking himself aloud "Where is room 1080?" (or whatever number it was)
- Chad's hotel room phone ringing as fans watching live start to call the room number.
- Chad discussing his latest merchandising opportunities with potential for "Child Please" T-Shirts
- Chad saying he would whoop Shaq in a fight, a football catching contest and free-throw shooting contest.

I know Mr. 85 is a bit of a polarizing figure, but I love this kinda stuff. It's real, and it's fun.

LoganBuck
08-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Agree on the Carson stuff. The hand problem was hilarious. The gatorade thing was a little annoying.

I liked Marvin saying that he told Mike Brown "Child Please"

HBO does such a good job of building the story lines. I am really rooting for Chris Pressley and Chase Coffman.

The ending sequence with Katie Blackburn on the phone with Andre Smith's agent, was a bit eye opening. They are entrenched on that crazy contract that the Raiders gave Heyward-Bey. This is going to take awhile, and I don't think it is the Bengals fault.

bucksfan2
08-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Agree on the Carson stuff. The hand problem was hilarious. The gatorade thing was a little annoying.

I liked Marvin saying that he told Mike Brown "Child Please"

HBO does such a good job of building the story lines. I am really rooting for Chris Pressley and Chase Coffman.

The ending sequence with Katie Blackburn on the phone with Andre Smith's agent, was a bit eye opening. They are entrenched on that crazy contract that the Raiders gave Heyward-Bey. This is going to take awhile, and I don't think it is the Bengals fault.

Granted everything is shown from a certain slant. But here were my thoughts from the second episode.

It was kind of sad how Brat and the RB coach can't get away from Jermi Johnson. I don't want him back on the team. I am rooting for Presley.

I liked how they gave some background information into the TE coach and Coffman's relationship. I can see now why he is being extra hard on him. When he has know Chase since he was little it makes it a bit easier.

Don't know why Chad would go to Bootsey's. Nothing is worse than being the sober one at a bar. Well I guess it can get worse if groves of drunk men want to talk, hug, and take pictures with you.

I was surprised to hear Smith's agent on the phone. I was even more surprised because he didn't sound like a business man. I would expect an agent to be much more well spoken than Smiths agent.

Smith will get signed, but the question is when. I blame both sides equally but the agent is doing Smith a big disservice in not getting him signed.

I love HBO's camera work. They can even make cutting the grass look cool.

GIDP
08-20-2009, 08:41 AM
I dont blame the Bengals at all for Smith. I blame the Raiders completely. Both the Bengals and Smith are blame free and are just trying to do the best they can. At some point Smith is going to have to come down and take what Monroe got plus some.

Reds Freak
08-20-2009, 08:58 AM
I thought the Corey Lynch story was awesome. He is a hero in every sense of the word for saving that woman's life. I don't remember ever hearing anything about that. That shouldn't surprise me I guess because you rarely hear about any of the good professional athletes do...

UKFlounder
08-20-2009, 08:59 AM
And the Bengals are going to have to come up and realize how the slot system works. If they had gotten Smith signed before the Raiders signed their pick, they wouldn't have this problem, but they waited to let the market set itself, and now don't want to deal with the situation they helped create. Perhaps the Raiders overpaid, but, like it or not, the Bengals have to deal with it since they did not get anything done sooner.

The slowness of the Bengals to sign picks and their refusal to deal in the realities of the market are not the Radier's fault.

I dont blame the Bengals at all for Smith. I blame the Raiders completely. Both the Bengals and Smith are blame free and are just trying to do the best they can. At some point Smith is going to have to come down and take what Monroe got plus some.

GIDP
08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
The bengals are dealing in realities to me. The Raiders are the ones completely out of the loop with how the system works. Sounds like to me that Smith is asking for something around 30 million. We obviously didnt hear an exchange of numbers other than Heyward Bey being cited. I get the feeling Keels and Smith are trying to get Jason Smith type money and using Heyward Bey as their absolute bottom. Id understand Smiths side if the pick right after Heyward Bey signed for something similar but its not really even close. Eugene Monroe is getting like 5 mill a year and Jason Smith is getting something in the mid 6 millions. Heyward Bey is getting like 7.5. If they are asking for Heyward Bey money they are insane.

Heyward Bey signed on August 30th. Thats one of the 1st 1st rounders to sign. Even if the Bengals were proactive they likely were not going to beat that signing. Heck did Smith even know what agent he was going to have then? :laugh:

LoganBuck
08-20-2009, 01:11 PM
And the Bengals are going to have to come up and realize how the slot system works. If they had gotten Smith signed before the Raiders signed their pick, they wouldn't have this problem, but they waited to let the market set itself, and now don't want to deal with the situation they helped create. Perhaps the Raiders overpaid, but, like it or not, the Bengals have to deal with it since they did not get anything done sooner.

The slowness of the Bengals to sign picks and their refusal to deal in the realities of the market are not the Radier's fault.

The Raiders stepped out of line.

From Wikipedia

On July 30, 2009, the Oakland Raiders agreed to terms on a five-year deal with Heyward-Bey. The deal guarantees him $23.5 million. The deal's base value is reportedly $38.25 million with the opportunity to make $15.75M more via incentives. Heyward-Bey's annual average is $7.65 million.

He wants more than DHB.

Sanchez a QB got this at the fifth pick.

On June 10, Sanchez signed a five-year contract with the Jets worth $50 million, with $28 million in guarantees. It is the largest contract the Jets signed with a player in franchise history. He was also the second draft pick signed from the 2009 draft.

Last year Gholston got this for being the sixth pick

Gholston agreed to terms on a 5-year, $50 million contract (with $21 million in guaranteed money) with the Jets on July 24.

DHB's contract is valued at up to $54 Million. Keels told Katie Blackburn that he wants more than DHB.

Andre Smith's agent is a Alvin Keels, here is an interesting read on him.
http://www.playersvoice.com/latest/young-hungry.html

RedsFan75
08-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I like that the ESPN article on the show, points out the futility of the franchise since MB took full control and that there's not a whole lot that's going to change while the Brown family is still in charge.

You could tell the ESPN writer felt kinda bad for the Bengal fans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4412908

GIDP
08-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Zimmer is my hero. I wish I could listen to coaches and players with out being censored more often.

LoganBuck
08-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Good episode tonight.

Maualuga is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

bucksfan2
08-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Good episode tonight.

Maualuga is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

I loved when Zimmer said "Im glad I have him". The wrecking ball description of him is the best. Dude may not be as disciplined as the Bengals want, but he will knock down defenders.

GIDP
08-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Where was the Ali stuff btw. It was in the description but it wasnt on the show.

LoganBuck
08-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Where was the Ali stuff btw. It was in the description but it wasnt on the show.

The show doesn't always appear in chronological order. I can see that being a big moment that just didn't fit into this week.

GIDP
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
The show doesn't always appear in chronological order. I can see that being a big moment that just didn't fit into this week.

It was in the preivew for "next week" last week :laugh:

GIDP
09-02-2009, 10:55 PM
anyone else think the clip of the marvin speech where it was zoomed in on his face was faked? As in no players around and they just shot it like a scene for the show?

Redsfaithful
09-03-2009, 01:50 AM
Nah, I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I'd be surprised if HBO would do that. I will say it was the first time Marvin has really looked uncomfortable on camera to me though, so who knows.

It's funny to me how much I'm pulling for guys now that I wouldn't have given a ton of thought to otherwise, really hoping Chris Pressley and Tom Nelson both make the team. I also wish the Bengals would just cut James Johnson and keep 4 running backs, I hate to see them get rid of Leonard or Dorsey.

Donnie Walsh is a legend man!

Mario-Rijo
09-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Nah, I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I'd be surprised if HBO would do that. I will say it was the first time Marvin has really looked uncomfortable on camera to me though, so who knows.

It's funny to me how much I'm pulling for guys now that I wouldn't have given a ton of thought to otherwise, really hoping Chris Pressley and Tom Nelson both make the team. I also wish the Bengals would just cut James Johnson and keep 4 running backs, I hate to see them get rid of Leonard or Dorsey.

Donnie Walsh is a legend man!

I agree I picked Pressley to beat out everyone for the FB job when they signed him, I like the kid he's really what we need. I can't believe that Marvin likes Dorsey over Leonard just because of Dorsey blocking a punt "a couple of years ago". On offense (where we need the RB) Leonard is the better guy for what we currently need, he's a better blocker and receiver out of the backfield than Dorsey and a solid runner who could also play a little FB in a pinch. I'm sure the guy can play S/T's adequately enough. One of Marvins problems over the years IMO has been his insistence on keeping guys based on being more versatile. Sure that is nice to have but it's also the same reason we can't get to the QB with regularity, not enough pure pass rushers and too many DT/DE types.

The Donnie Walsh bit (one of the NBA's best personnel directors) was funny. I thought it was interesting Hayes pointed out that Bill Walsh coached under Paul Brown but didn't say anything about Walsh calling his offense the west coast offense that happened to originate in Cincy. And although Walsh has a nice coaching tree he studied under a good one there as well.

Caveat Emperor
09-03-2009, 02:42 PM
I particularly enjoyed Mike Brown telling Andre Smith that he needed to lose weight, and Marvin Lewis having to drive over a curb because the team hadn't fixed a gate that had (presumably) been broken for a while.

camisadelgolf
09-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I laughed hard at Marvin having to drive over the curb. I also loved Jordan Palmer's website.

Danny Serafini
09-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Roy Williams wearing the Laynce Nix throwback was pretty good, that's an interesting jersey to choose.

CTA513
09-03-2009, 07:11 PM
I particularly enjoyed Mike Brown telling Andre Smith that he needed to lose weight, and Marvin Lewis having to drive over a curb because the team hadn't fixed a gate that had (presumably) been broken for a while.

You could tell he wasn't happy about Andre showing up weighing as much as he did.

I can't believe his agent would agree to have that weight clause in his contract and then have Andre show up 30 or more pounds overweight.

Danny Serafini
09-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I can't believe that Marvin likes Dorsey over Leonard just because of Dorsey blocking a punt "a couple of years ago".

And so right on cue Dorsey blocks a punt tonight and runs in it. How's that for timing! :D

guttle11
09-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I don't know how they cut either Leonard or Dorsey. Both bring a lot to the table. Unless they can work a trade to get a respectable backup o-lineman, I think you have to keep both. A running back will get hurt, and when it happens they'd have to activate someone that brings far less to the table.

guttle11
09-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Roy Williams wearing the Laynce Nix throwback was pretty good, that's an interesting jersey to choose.

CTrent said Tank and Roy became friends when they were with the Cowboys and Nix was with the Rangers.

Mario-Rijo
09-04-2009, 12:06 AM
And so right on cue Dorsey blocks a punt tonight and runs in it. How's that for timing! :D

Astonishing, wow. :confused: :D

sonny
09-04-2009, 11:23 AM
The three running backs I would keep are Benson, Leonard and Scott (who I think has a chance to be something really special).

With Leonard, they get a big bruiser who can get you a tough yard or two, and he's very athletic to boot, and he can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Dorsey just seems to fade away when the season starts. He's got no real discernible skill that can't be covered by some other member of the team.

Reds Freak
09-04-2009, 11:49 AM
The three running backs I would keep are Benson, Leonard and Scott (who I think has a chance to be something really special).

With Leonard, they get a big bruiser who can get you a tough yard or two, and he's very athletic to boot, and he can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Dorsey just seems to fade away when the season starts. He's got no real discernible skill that can't be covered by some other member of the team.

I agree. I like Dorsey but he seems like a less talented version of B. Scott. No reason to have a duplicate player on the roster and give up a guy like Leonard who brings something different to the table..

Danny Serafini
09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I'd just as soon keep 4 RBs and only 2 TEs. Whoever the 3rd TE is (really the 5th considering Kelly and Utecht) is going to have no impact on this team, and if they get desperate they can always line Brad St. Louis up there.

camisadelgolf
09-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I take it that the Bengals have seven or eight slots between HB, FB, and TE. If that's the case, I'd keep:
Cedric Benson (I'm still not sold on him)
Bernard Scott (will hopefully steal the starting position from Benson)
DeDe Dorsey (mainly a special teams player)
Brian Leonard (can also serve as backup FB)
Jeremi Johnson (can still play despite his conditioning issues)
Chase Coffman (may develop into something special)
Dan Coats (can also play as a backup FB)
And if there's room, I'd consider keeping one of the two guys vying for the last FB spot. I'd hate to cut both the leading candidates for the backup FB, but it's been a while since the Bengals have had a backup FB anyway, so I don't think it'd be that big of a deal.

Mario-Rijo
09-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I take it that the Bengals have seven or eight slots between HB, FB, and TE. If that's the case, I'd keep:
Cedric Benson (I'm still not sold on him)
Bernard Scott (will hopefully steal the starting position from Benson)
DeDe Dorsey (mainly a special teams player)
Brian Leonard (can also serve as backup FB)
Jeremi Johnson (can still play despite his conditioning issues)
Chase Coffman (may develop into something special)
Dan Coats (can also play as a backup FB)
And if there's room, I'd consider keeping one of the two guys vying for the last FB spot. I'd hate to cut both the leading candidates for the backup FB, but it's been a while since the Bengals have had a backup FB anyway, so I don't think it'd be that big of a deal.

I'd go with:
Benson (I agree, still don't trust him)
Scott (If he doesn't steal it that means Benson is doing enough which is a good thing)
Leonard
J.J. (assuming they feel he is in shape)
Pressley (love his physicality)
Coffman
Coats

Assuming we don't have a nice Veteran TE or RB become available from other cuts.

P/S:
James Johnson
Fui Vakapuna
Matt Sherry

mroby85
09-04-2009, 07:50 PM
I'd like to see Pressley make the team too, but I can't see them cutting Vakapuna after spending a draft pick on him, and having more potential upside. I don't want to see Dorsey or Leonard cut, but of the two, I think i'd let Dede go! The drill towards the end of Andre pulling the the guy across the field was hilarious, he looked like a teletubby.

Reds Fanatic
09-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Bengals have announced their final cuts. All 4 runnings backs made it and they are going with only one fullback:

For veteran running backs Brian Leonard and DeDe Dorsey, yes. For free-agent rookies Tom Nelson and Quan Cosby, also yes as the Bengals cut a 22-player swath through their roster Saturday to get to the maximum 53 players.

For veteran safeties Marvin White and Corey Lynch, no. And for rookie fullbacks Fui Vakapuna and Chris Pressley, also no.

At least for now, the Bengals opted to with four running backs and just one fullback (Jeremi Johnson) while also going with 10 defensive backs in a field that counts Nelson as well as special teams ace Kyries Hebert at safety.

Here are the 22 roster moves the Bengals made in in reaching the NFL limit of 53.

Placed one player on the Reserve/Injured list:
--WR Antonio Chatman (seventh-year player; ankle)

Terminated the contracts of three veterans not subject to waivers, releasing them to free agency:
--LB Darryl Blackstock
--LB Jim Maxwell
--DT Langston Moore

Waived the following 18 players:
--S Marvin White (third-year player; Texas Christian)
--G Andrew Crummey (second-year player; Maryland), injury settlement
--S Corey Lynch (second-year player; Appalachian State)
--G Jason Shirley (second-year player; Fresno State)
--DE Chris Harrington (first-year player; Texas A&M)
--RB James Johnson (first-year player; Kansas State)
--TE Kolomona Kapanui (first-year player; West Texas A&M)
--WR Maurice Purify (first-year player; Nebraska)
--WR Freddie Brown (rookie; Utah)
--TE Darius Hill (rookie; Ball State)
--DT Ventrell Jenkins (rookie; Kentucky)
--DT Clinton McDonald (rookie; Memphis)
--CB Rico Murray (rookie; Kent State)
--T Augustus Parrish (rookie; Kent State)
--FB Chris Pressley (rookie; Wisconsin)
--LB Dan Skuta (rookie; Grand Valley State)
--K Sam Swank (rookie; Wake Forest)
--FB Fui Vakapuna (rookie; Brigham Young)

Playadlc
09-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Great read...

Sabol: Best Hard Knocks ever
GEOFF HOBSON

Posted 27 minutes ago

Steve Sabol, the heart and soul of NFL Films, had to be feeling on Wednesday a little bit like Spielberg after Jaws and Ken Byrnes after The Civil War.

Thanks largely to the open arms, not to mention the open minds, of the Bengals Sabol called his seventh Hard Knocks series with HBO the best one yet after gauging ratings everywhere from hard numbers to Tuesday night's cocktail party with the highest NFL officials.

With the series wrapping up with the fifth show on HBO at 10 p.m. Wednesday, Sabol cited the Bengals' "unprecedented access and honesty," for ratings that were measured 45 percent more over last year's first four episodes with the Cowboys.

Sabol said the Bengals never once prohibited the NFL Films crews from shooting something and only once in all five episodes did they ask something to be edited out.

"It was a play in the huddle with Jordan PalmerPosted Image in the Rams' game," Sabol said. "Marvin was afraid it gave away something with their audibles and so we cut it. But, yeah, that was it."

Sabol said you can see the result in more than numbers.

"I heard 'Child Please,' at several intervals last night," said Sabol of Chad OchocincoPosted Image's slang that has become a national catchphrase and could be heard during the party. "Not from the commissioner. The commissioner didn't say it, but he's loved the show and wants to make sure we keep doing it. Ratings wise and critical acclaim, the best yet."

The last episode focuses on the final cuts and Sabol says get ready for an emotional scene with the mother of one of those released, rookie fullback Chris PressleyPosted Image.

"The editing room fell silent," Sabol said. "It gives you chills."

It's not the first time that's happened there the past month. The scenes that have lasted with Sabol are like that, such as when tight end Reggie KellyPosted Image found out his season was over with a ruptured Achilles' tendon and defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer called in defensive tackle Tank JohnsonPosted Image for a heart-to-heart talk about life. And there have been about 15-20 requests from high school and college football programs for a copy of head coach Marvin Lewis' impassioned plea for professionalism after the sloppy 24-21 loss to the Rams.

A big reason why the Bengals asked for just one edit is because Sabol already has a pretty good idea what teams find objectionable. But Sabol also said it's because Bengals president Mike Browns runs a pretty straightforward ship. He got a visit from former NFL quarterback and current broadcaster Phil Simms on Tuesday and Simms raved about the reality.

"He felt it really peeled back the layers and you saw the way it really was for the Cincinnati Bengals," Sabol said. "He said there was none of the B.S."

Sabol said he was taken aback by the negative reaction in Cincinnati out of the first episode in which Brown led a personnel meeting. It hit the raw nerve locally that Brown chooses to own the team and have the final say in football matters despite the team's failure to win consistently.

"What we got from the outside from bloggers and on Face book was almost the exact opposite.," Sabol said. "They said it's nice to see a guy that doesn't sell cars or anything else who has been in football his whole life taking an interest like that. I think (the show) put the entire organization in a good light. I think Mike said it all in that first meeting when he said last year was an embarrassment and they needed to win their fans back. I think that kind of honesty hit home."

When you focus on guys like Kelly, you can't help but get positive play. It turns out that Hard Knocks discovered the Bengals have a lot of good guys.

"What a great guy Reggie Kelly is. We found a lot of good guys. And the leadership is spread out with guys like Carson, Dhani, Whitworth," Sabol said. "I'll tell you, there are 300 new Bengals fans here at NFL Films."

And they had their own drama to deal with as the series shut down Friday night. The show's producer, Keith Cossrow, was called away when his wife delivered six weeks early. Yeah, bad timing because that weekend they were putting the show to bed for good, but Sabol told him to forget it. They'd do it without him.

But son Josh was doing just fine and his dad had his laptop in the hospital. So suddenly Keith Cossrow was splicing it together via cyberspace hooking him to the editing room from the neo natal unit. They were up until 1 a.m. Monday grinding like a coaching staff and one of the images sent over the weekend was tiny Josh Cossrow wearing an even smaller Bengals key chain around his neck.

"That shows you how into it all of us were," Sabol said.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Sabol-Best-Hard-Knocks-ever/bd5d0a1e-fc78-48b1-bfdc-c8c8e20c0040

GIDP
09-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Id die for the NFL to be way more open with this type of stuff. I wish the Bengals did this show every year. I loved every second of it.

Caveat Emperor
09-10-2009, 02:08 AM
It was just well done, from top to bottom. I came away liking a lot of the Cincinnati Bengals players (and this is coming from a non-fan) and I'll definitely be paying closer attention to see if guys like Nelson and Pressley get involved at any point.

I'm disappointed the season is over. Kudos to the Bengals organization for doing the show -- a rare PR win for a team that seems driven to stick as many feet in their mouth as possible.

bucksfan2
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
It was one heck of a show and HBO did one hell of a job. It captured my interest for the entire 60 minutes and even had me rooting for players during the preseason games. HBO's way of depicting individual players and battles is top notch. Kudos to Marvin and the Brown family for giving full access to HBO Sports.

GIDP
09-10-2009, 10:07 AM
There should be a show like this for every sport honestly.

BigPoppa
09-11-2009, 01:00 AM
This is the first season I have watched Hard Knocks, and I really enjoyed each episode. A few of them I watched more than once on On Demand.

Really entertaining, and informative show. I'm now a Marvin Lewis fan, and have already had all the Andre Smith I'll ever need.

I LOL'ed at the segue from Chad going thru a grueling, intensive sparring session then cut to Tank leisurely punching a tackling dummy.

mroby85
09-11-2009, 02:09 AM
This is the first season I have watched Hard Knocks, and I really enjoyed each episode. A few of them I watched more than once on On Demand.

Really entertaining, and informative show. I'm now a Marvin Lewis fan, and have already had all the Andre Smith I'll ever need.

I LOL'ed at the segue from Chad going thru a grueling, intensive sparring session then cut to Tank leisurely punching a tackling dummy.

That was hilarious the way they tied those scenes together, lol. Tanks seems like a really cool guy.