PDA

View Full Version : the :bowrofl: smiley is exactly what I did when I read the latest from McCoy

GIDP
08-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Pinch-hitter Freddie Lewis hit a ball to dead center. As he has done so often this year, center fielder Willy Taveras broke poorly on the ball, running laterally to his left before realizing the ball was over his head. It fell for a double.

He doesn’t get on base. When he does he doesn’t steal when it is needed. He was brought in to be a leadoff hitter and couldn’t do it and is now batting second. And he is below average in the field. What can Taveras do? He has a nice stereo set in the clubhouse that plays loud, headache-inducing salsa music.

And holy cahooties. Taveras just hit a ground ball to the mound and trotted toward first base. Didn’t run. Jogged. Stopped before he got to the bag. Manager Dusty Baker immediately yanked him from the lineup, replacing him with Laynce Nix.

The Reds later announced that Taveras has a strained right quadriceps muscle. I don’t question the injury, but it was awfully convenient
As far as I’m concerned, and many other fans are concerned, Taveras can rot on the bench the rest of the season. I’ve seen nothing to merit the millions the Reds have flushed down the toilet when they brought this guy in.

Seriously :bowrofl: I love the new McCoy.

mlh1981
08-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I want a Tavares Jersey.

GIDP
08-18-2009, 11:36 PM
I want a Willy Taveras mask.

Slyder
08-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Its about time Duhhhsty did something like this to someone. Too bad its about half a season too late.

gilpdawg
08-19-2009, 12:44 AM
I hope Hal finds a way to blog on his own next year. He doesn't have to toe the company line (and by that I mean the DDN, not so much the Reds) next year, and he's got enough friends to still have connections.

Slyder
08-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Maybe someone ought to introduce him to A) Twitter, B) Facebook, C) Myspace and see which one he likes the best :D. I like this free wielding Hal.

JayBruceFan
08-19-2009, 02:23 AM
I think Taveras was using PEDs prior to this season

He has a lot of injuries this season and his production has been abysmal

texasdave
08-19-2009, 05:09 AM
I want Taveras' 2010 contract. 4 million for that crap a year after paying 3 million for Patterson. And I have a strong suspicion that Dusty went directly to Bob "You guys will know when we are out of it before I will" Castellini to get those two signed. One year of CP and two years of WT and this franchised has wasted nearly 10 million dollars in CF.

Willy Taveras is the "Anti-Clogger". And Dusty Baker is "Instant Dumber". No clogs to see here, folks, move along.

But, Holy Cahooties is he fast!!!

LOL I have to laugh to keep from crying and thinking about the fact that Willy T. will probably get about 500 PA next year.

Fire Dusty Now!

justincredible
08-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Straight talk. I like it.

CySeymour
08-19-2009, 09:56 AM
I want a Tavares Jersey.

I want a Hal jersey!!! :)

Thanks, Hal...you said what Redszone has been screaming.

malcontent
08-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Fire Dusty Now!

Ain't gonna happen.

Castellini has just spoken ex cathedra.

Said he's gonna shove Toothpick hard, somewhere we all gonna need a good surgeon to extract.

Said he won't be happy till Reds fans show Toothpick the same appreciation Cubs fans shower him with whenever he returns to Wrigley.

texasdave
08-19-2009, 10:18 AM
nm

CySeymour
08-19-2009, 10:33 AM
I've always said, in these cases blame the GM. The Walt gave Dusty an asset to misuse, and Dusty has done just that.

Slyder
08-19-2009, 10:35 AM
I've always said, in these cases blame the GM. The Walt gave Dusty an asset to misuse, and Dusty has done just that.

Which was predictable considering the Corey Patterson experiment.

texasdave
08-19-2009, 10:44 AM

Except maybe Walt didn't give Dusty an asset to misuse. If Dusty circumvented Walt and appealed directly to Castellini then what can WJ do? And the pattern with Patterson and now Taveras suggests as much.
Aside from trying to talk Castellini out of it, there isn't much else Jockerty can do. If the owner wants Player X then the GM better do his best to get Player X on the roster. And once Player X is on the roster Bakermetrics kicks in and Willy T. is playing a whole bunch of (god-awful) centerfield.

kfm
08-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Except maybe Walt didn't give Dusty an asset to misuse. If Dusty circumvented Walt and appealed directly to Castellini then what can WJ do? And the pattern with Patterson and now Taveras suggests as much.
Aside from trying to talk Castellini out of it, there isn't much else Jockerty can do. If the owner wants Player X then the GM better do his best to get Player X on the roster. And once Player X is on the roster Bakermetrics kicks in and Willy T. is playing a whole bunch of (god-awful) centerfield.

What has Walt done as the GM to receive such forgiving benefit of the doubt? He traded Dunn and got nothing, he walked away from the rolen deal because the price was too high and then he went back when Rolen bad back and all needed to leave Toronto for personal reasons, he signed Mike Lincoln, called EE untouchable, traded Dunn and got nothing but a fifth starter, which we have an abundance of a pitcher with a bad shoulder and a catcher who cant hit. Please explain why people continue to make excuses for Walt?

malcontent
08-19-2009, 10:53 AM

What must it say about an owner/FO that hired a manager that must not be given assets to misuse?

I'd say that it shows a profound incompetence, especially given that at least 50% of RZ went on suicide watch when it went down.

GIDP
08-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Walt is just as bad as Dusty from my POV. Walt not only over pays for players with money he over pays for them with talent. He over values other players and undervalues his own. The game has passed him by.

mlh1981
08-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I think Taveras was using PEDs prior to this season

He has a lot of injuries this season and his production has been abysmal

He's always sucked (granted, not to THIS level of suckage)

If he didn't have speed.........he'd be bagging groceries.

JayBruceFan
08-19-2009, 11:00 PM
He didn't have this many injuries in the past

Just a little something to think about

Hondo
08-21-2009, 01:31 AM
What has Walt done as the GM to receive such forgiving benefit of the doubt? He traded Dunn and got nothing, he walked away from the rolen deal because the price was too high and then he went back when Rolen bad back and all needed to leave Toronto for personal reasons, he signed Mike Lincoln, called EE untouchable, traded Dunn and got nothing but a fifth starter, which we have an abundance of a pitcher with a bad shoulder and a catcher who cant hit. Please explain why people continue to make excuses for Walt?

Yeah, we got the Shaft on the Dunn Trade...

Why even trade him for that Package?