PDA

View Full Version : Would Uggla be a target you guys would like to see Walt go after?

fewfirstchoice
08-20-2009, 01:00 PM
It looks like the Marlins will look to unload him after the season. He will make around 7mil. through arb. next year. I say go after him. Move Phillips to SS and play Uggla at 2B. His defense his a drop off from Phillips. But his bat is a major upgrade from A Gon, Janish or anyone who play SS this year. I say go get him Walt, what say you.

BLEEDS
08-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Makes too much sense. That's why it would never happen.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

CySeymour
08-20-2009, 01:14 PM
To be honest, I doubt $7m is in their budget for next year.

Slyder
08-20-2009, 01:15 PM
The Marlins have a good history of getting some pretty good players in those trades. Before any deal I would go over the prospects the marlins want with a fine tooth comb and check and see if maybe were missing something in the scouting dept.

Plus unless Duhhsty gives BP a shot THIS year at SS I dont think we can believe that we'll go after a top flight 2b in case BP doesnt have enough (insert defensive reason here) to play SS and get behind the 8 ball.

bounty37h
08-20-2009, 01:31 PM
To be honest, I doubt $7m is in their budget for next year.

If they wont/say can't put 7 mill in a player (not saying for this deal, but for a player/postion in need in general), then this team is more lost then we thought, adn they should shup down shop and call it a day.

Hondo
08-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Why not leave the Gold Glover at 2nd Base and find a SS...

Why downgrade defensively at 2nd to move BP to SS where he may just be average...

Lets find a SS, Like Gordon Beckham... Like Trade Harang for Beckham...

Oh yeah...

chettt
08-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Get a player like Gordon Beckem?......we should have Gordon Beckem. The Sox drafted him right after we took Alonso last year. The Reds take Yonder, our best player is at 1st base (Votto) & pass on a shortstop (glaring weakness). Just say "No" to Uggla. Don't need another high strikeout guy.

Griffey012
08-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Get a player like Gordon Beckem?......we should have Gordon Beckem. The Sox drafted him right after we took Alonzo last year. Just say "No" to Uggla. Don't need another high strikeout guy.

Who cares how many time he strikes out if we could have an up the middle infield that puts up 25-30 hrs and 90+ RBI's? Granted, we would have to see Phillips play a very good SS first, so its look like that won't happen anyway.

Hondo
08-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Get a player like Gordon Beckem?......we should have Gordon Beckem. The Sox drafted him right after we took Alonso last year. The Reds take Yonder, our best player is at 1st base (Votto) & pass on a shortstop (glaring weakness). Just say "No" to Uggla. Don't need another high strikeout guy.

I agree totally, when Beckham was there I was like, oh yeah here we go... THinking to myself we have Votto at First, and not to mention him and Bruce Both bat Left Handed... I was thinking Gordon Beckham! Then BAM!

Yonder Alonso. 1B

TC81190
08-23-2009, 05:19 PM
I've heard that Uggla is both a good 2B and an awful one. If he's good, and Phillips could handle SS, then yeah, I'd like that. But if Uggla is a bad 2B or Phillips isn't that good of a SS, then I'd just pass.

CincyRed44
08-23-2009, 06:52 PM
The only Marlin that we should pursue is SS Hanley Ramirez. Period. This is only a pipedream due to the high expense in not only prospects it would take to secure this deal then on top of that his contract is monstrous for this organization.

Returning to the topic at hand. The Reds have no use for a high strike out, range deficient, overpaid 2nd baseman. I'd rather see Todd Frazier starting anywhere on the infield outside of 1b over acquiring Uggla.

gilpdawg
08-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Why not leave the Gold Glover at 2nd Base and find a SS...

Why downgrade defensively at 2nd to move BP to SS where he may just be average...

Lets find a SS, Like Gordon Beckham... Like Trade Harang for Beckham...

Oh yeah...
If the ChiSox even took that call they should be kicked out of the league.