PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought... Pitching Coach edition.

REDblooded
08-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Soooo... I have a STL area forum that I frequent (by far my favorite message board), and I came across this gem today...

kat89447: It is pretty obvious that Dave Duncan was upset over the handling of Chris, I get he's disappointed but this is the Majors. Anyway, does his displeasure change whether he will resign with the Cards next year. I always took it for granted that he was here as long as TLR, but now I'm thinking this might be it for him. Any rumblings about whether the "team of two" will split up after this season?
Joe Strauss: I believe there is a very real possibility of that.

http://www.stltoday.com/discussions/sports/joe-strauss-live/LD081409871/all

This comes from Joe Strauss, writer for STL Today.

Now... Say there really is a rift there. Is there a better fit for Dave Duncan than the Reds? He could join his old GM Jocketty, who I'm sure doesn't underestimate his value, and would be perfect to work with guys like Harang, Cueto, and Homer...

Crosses fingers, toes, arms, and legs...

TheBigLebowski
08-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I would probably be willing to pay Dave Duncan a MLB record contract for a pitching coach. In fact, remove the "probably."

Hondo
08-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Soooo... I have a STL area forum that I frequent (by far my favorite message board), and I came across this gem today...

http://www.stltoday.com/discussions/sports/joe-strauss-live/LD081409871/all

This comes from Joe Strauss, writer for STL Today.

Now... Say there really is a rift there. Is there a better fit for Dave Duncan than the Reds? He could join his old GM Jocketty, who I'm sure doesn't underestimate his value, and would be perfect to work with guys like Harang, Cueto, and Homer...

Crosses fingers, toes, arms, and legs...

See, I would like Dave Duncan for a Manager too... Have him sign Leo Mazzone to be his pitching coach and Watch the **** OUT!

Slyder
08-21-2009, 02:02 AM
See, I would like Dave Duncan for a Manager too... Have him sign Leo Mazzone to be his pitching coach and Watch the **** OUT!

Depending on styles and stuff that could be a bit of too many cooks in the kitchen. Especially with like Cueto who also works with Soto still doesnt he?

Hondo
08-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Depending on styles and stuff that could be a bit of too many cooks in the kitchen. Especially with like Cueto who also works with Soto still doesnt he?

I think we made need that many Proffesionals in there to reverse all the damage Dick Pole has done to our pitchers...

BurgervilleBuck
08-31-2009, 04:49 PM
What can we do as fans to make this happen? Seriously.

REDblooded
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
I'd personally buy a mini-pack...

BurgervilleBuck
09-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd buy a mini-pack in the club section.

I'd have to mortgage the house but I'd do it.