PDA

View Full Version : Justin Duscherer out for season with clinical depression

savafan
08-21-2009, 08:01 PM
No link, just got word of this.

HeatherC1212
08-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Aww, poor guy. I hope he's able to take care of things and come back to the A's (he's still with them, right?) next year. I've dealt with depression myself and it can really wipe you out. :(

KoryMac5
08-21-2009, 08:39 PM
More and more teams are employing or contracting with mental health providers to provide services to their players. In a few years I can see psychologists or social workers traveling with the teams full time. Hopefully Justin can get things figured out.

dsmith421
08-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Maybe the single most underrated pitcher in baseball over the past few years and a favorite of mine from my seasons in the West watching the A's all the time.

Good luck, Dutch, and come sign for the Reds when you get it all worked out.

redsfandan
08-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Maybe the single most underrated pitcher in baseball over the past few years and a favorite of mine from my seasons in the West watching the A's all the time.

Good luck, Dutch, and come sign for the Reds when you get it all worked out.
Ya know, that's actually not a bad idea. He's making $3.9 million this year and is a free agent in only a few months. It's possible that a team might be able to sign him for a base contract that's less than that. I'm not sure the Reds will be able to afford him (or anyone else for that matter) but that is an interesting thought.