PDA

View Full Version : Matt Murton Anyone?

Griffey012
08-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Another guy we should look at as a potential LF'er for next season. I know, I know, he keeps getting passed around from team to team, but he has a career OPS close to .900 in the minors in over 2000 PA's and an OPS of right about .800 in the majors in a little over 1000 PA's. If we can give the Rockies a filler prospect I would be all for it. In his 1 full season with the Cubs he put up a decent line of .297/.365/.444. Between him and Wladimir I think one of the 2 would be able to take over and man LF for next year.

Also, since we are gonna be so cash strapped since we acquired a 12 million dollar contract we are going to have to hope for a similar talent panning out. Which either 1 of the 2 are gonna be 10 times better than what we ran out as our starting LF'er Opening Day 09.

Thoughts???

PhillipsHead
08-26-2009, 10:52 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!

nemesis
08-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Another guy we should look at as a potential LF'er for next season. I know, I know, he keeps getting passed around from team to team, but he has a career OPS close to .900 in the minors in over 2000 PA's and an OPS of right about .800 in the majors in a little over 1000 PA's. If we can give the Rockies a filler prospect I would be all for it. In his 1 full season with the Cubs he put up a decent line of .297/.365/.444. Between him and Wladimir I think one of the 2 would be able to take over and man LF for next year.

Also, since we are gonna be so cash strapped since we acquired a 12 million dollar contract we are going to have to hope for a similar talent panning out. Which either 1 of the 2 are gonna be 10 times better than what we ran out as our starting LF'er Opening Day 09.

Thoughts???

I'd be afraid Walt would "just give on" and swap Taveras, Alonso AND Fisher for him

mroby85
08-27-2009, 01:20 AM
The same old garbage is going to get the same old results. If they don't look for big things instead of junk, we might as well pack it in for next season too. I'm tired of them participating in the cash for clunkers program, save all that up from the last 10 seasons, and just be good once!

NeilHamburger
08-27-2009, 01:46 AM
GINGER

GIDP
08-27-2009, 02:23 AM
We need some bodies at AAA

Griffey012
08-27-2009, 10:27 AM
The same old garbage is going to get the same old results. If they don't look for big things instead of junk, we might as well pack it in for next season too. I'm tired of them participating in the cash for clunkers program, save all that up from the last 10 seasons, and just be good once!

Well we had Dunn...let him go. And now we have 55 or 60 million wrapped up between 5 players. The problem is we have cash strapped ourselves unless Castellini really opens up his wallet. And we are going to have to settle for a clunker unless we trade off Harang, Arroyo, or Cordero.

I kinda hope we don't resign Gomes either, because with our dumb management history we will pay him 5 or 6 million a year.