PDA

View Full Version : Can this team do anything right?

REDblooded
08-28-2009, 01:27 AM
Seriously... With the fanbase completely accepting a chance to rebuild and reload, this team goes out and wins 4 straight. Think about the future please... A top 4 pick would be lovely.

Captain Hook
08-28-2009, 02:11 AM
I would think this way except that I know that no matter how much we loose the rest of the way nothing will change.We would not make any major moves and probably screw up the high draft pick(we are looking at top 10 anyways)

mroby85
08-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I want Brice Harper, but I could see them taking someone more affordable even if they had a shot at him.

markymark69
08-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Seriously... With the fanbase completely accepting a chance to rebuild and reload, this team goes out and wins 4 straight. Think about the future please... A top 4 pick would be lovely.

I'm not sure that I agree with your fans being accepting of rebuilding. They are playing all the young guys that they have (and have for months) and the crowds at the ballpark tell a different story.

mlh1981
08-28-2009, 07:34 PM
I always want my team to win no matter what. You can find diamonds in the rough at various places in the draft. Maybe I'm crazy, but I hate it when my team loses. Yeah, there is always the risk that a good month of September may convince upper management that there aren't many problems, but then again, I don't really anticipate this team having an outstanding September. Maybe a solid one, but not a great one.

SidneySlicker
08-28-2009, 09:49 PM
So you want the team to loose so you can have a couple of spots higher in the crapshoot called the draft? Amazing. I'll take Homer Bailey with getting another half dozen or so starts of experience. I like what I'm seeing from Homer progressing as a pitcher. You guys can hope for losses and pin your on hopes on some 18 something year old kid, but I'd rather win and build confidence and experience with the young guys we have on the major league roster now.

REDblooded
08-29-2009, 06:31 AM
So you want the team to loose so you can have a couple of spots higher in the crapshoot called the draft? Amazing. I'll take Homer Bailey with getting another half dozen or so starts of experience. I like what I'm seeing from Homer progressing as a pitcher. You guys can hope for losses and pin your on hopes on some 18 something year old kid, but I'd rather win and build confidence and experience with the young guys we have on the major league roster now.

LOL... congrats on using a youth movement as your argument against a youth movement...

will5979
08-29-2009, 07:21 AM
Everybody needs to just shut the hell up and enjoy something we haven't been used to this year...winning streaks.

mroby85
08-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Everybody needs to just shut the hell up and enjoy something we haven't been used to this year...winning streaks.

Doesn't matter now, so it's not enjoyable... to me anyway.