PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see in the playoffs?

LouisvilleCARDS
09-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Only a month away. I think number one is a big time matchup in the World Series. Not to say I root for the Yankees or anything, but a Yankees/Red Sox vs. Dodgers World Series would be the huge draw MLB needs. Colorado/San Francisco vs. Detroit is not.

Second, and maybe more importantly is a COMPETITIVE World Series, which there hasn't been the past 5 years. The past 5 years the World Series has been so lopsided that the winner's record versus the loser is 20-2. 20-2! That's just pathetic.

We've done the underdog story to death. The Rays, Rockies, Tigers, etc, etc. While I always root for the underdog, I think its about time to have some legitimately big name World Series matchup. A St. Louis vs. Los Angles NLCS and a NY vs. Boston ALCS would be the kind of money matchups the MLB sorely needs.

Slyder
09-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Just say no to NY vs LA. I dont feel like being further bombarded by ESPN about Joe Torre, ManRam, and the Yanks.

JayBruceFan
09-02-2009, 04:54 AM
The Reds

goreds2
09-02-2009, 05:03 AM
The Reds

At least we will see Jerry Hairston. :(

flash
09-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Well, I would really like to see Louisville take the whole thing although their pitching is a little thin.

Wood and Klinker both need to turn in great performances.

It has been nice to see Denove do so well in the catcher position. Hopefully he can keep that up.

Heiseyn and Frazier need to keep doing what they have done all year.

Lastly, Francisco. Error free series with a hot bat.

It will be difficult for Sweet though because so much of his team is now in Cincinnati.

mlh1981
09-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Anyone but the Yankees and Red Sox. I can't stand the thought of those arrogant, rude fanbases having something to celebrate, plus the thought of A-Rod winning a world series makes me sick to my stomach.

will5979
09-02-2009, 10:45 AM
My playoff wish list...

1. The Phillies do not win the World Series-the reason is that I like having the bragging rights that the Reds were the last NL team to do so. In fact there have only been 3 NL teams to repeat, the Cubs 06-07, NY Giants I think 20-21, and of course the BRM 75-76.

2. No Cubs or Braves in the playoffs, two many bandwagon fans to give hell to when they miss!

3. The Red Sox gets beat, preferably by the Yankees, see item #2.

CySeymour
09-02-2009, 11:29 AM
The Red Sox cannot make it to the series. If they do, they HAVE to lose the first game, otherwise they would be tied with the Reds for the longest current winning streak in WS play. The Reds have won 9 straight games, the Sox have won 8 straight.

mroby85
09-02-2009, 01:56 PM
LA Vs. Boston, Manny annihilates bean town, that would be my wish.

Newman4
09-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Anyone but the Cardinals.

Kingspoint
09-02-2009, 04:34 PM
I rarely watch any of the playoffs ever.

I love my REDS so much, that if they're not in it, I hope they all lose.

I just don't care.

Slyder
09-02-2009, 04:49 PM
LA Vs. Boston, Manny annihilates bean town, that would be my wish.

Thats probably what MLBHQ wants. But Add that to Yanks vs LA. Anything that gives ESPN an excuse to blatently forget about 50% of the country for a week is a bad thing.

will5979
09-03-2009, 08:00 AM
I rarely watch any of the playoffs ever.

I love my REDS so much, that if they're not in it, I hope they all lose.

I just don't care.

I like the way you think! If it ain't the Reds i don't like em'!

bounty37h
09-03-2009, 11:41 AM
a Reds team again before i die.

will5979
09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
a Reds team again before i die.

I truely believe that if it ever happens again it means that almost everyone worthy of being called a MLBer is on the DL except whomever is on the Reds that year. That or a crazy derranged Reds fan selling his soul to the devil in exchange for Reds success!

PhillipsHead
09-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Small market teams: Rockies, Marlins, Twins, etc.

texasdave
09-03-2009, 05:39 PM
rain and sleet and snow and inclement weather pushing them back into december. see if bud has the huevos to make teams schedule a neutral site game like he did last year when he messed over the astros. that still pissed me off. bud selig is a pretty big fool. moving the astros home games to that neutral site venue in Milwaukee. way to give the cubs three extra home games, you moron.

Slyder
09-03-2009, 06:33 PM
rain and sleet and snow and inclement weather pushing them back into december. see if bud has the huevos to make teams schedule a neutral site game like he did last year when he messed over the astros. that still pissed me off. bud selig is a pretty big fool. moving the astros home games to that neutral site venue in Milwaukee. way to give the cubs three extra home games, you moron.

He couldnt care less of the Cubs he did that to give his old team 3 extra gates.

GoGoWhiteSox
09-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Well, it looks like my White Sox have slipped out of contention.:(

I'm pulling for the Dodgers to win it all now, just to see Big Jim Thome finally get a ring. I wouldn't mind seeing an all-Los Angeles World Series to be honest.

BigPoppa
09-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Since Spring, I've had a feeling it was gonna be a Red Sox/Dodgers World Series. I still think that.