PDA

View Full Version : Bruce, Hanigan to rehab with Louisville

batsfan
09-02-2009, 06:44 PM
According to John Fay, Bruce and Hanigan will rehab with the Bats starting tomorrow. It was announced on the Bats pre-game show that they will both play the remaining five games of the season.

Slyder
09-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Would they be eligible for playoffs? If so leave them down there and let them get a few more abs.

LouisvilleCARDS
09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Just heard on the radio that they would be eligible, but chances are slim they would do that. Why the heck not though, let them get AB's, and be a part of a team actually in the postseason.

flash
09-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Would be nice to see, but it may have to do with the playoff roster. Sweet only has 11 pitchers right now and one of the disabled is Matt Klinker, I imagine will start in the playoffs.

castellini would probably like to play this up big, but the schedule is a hindrance. If the Bats go all the way to the brickyard showdown their season will extend to the 22nd, and the Reds will be on the road. If they get knocked out early the Reds could do something. hey it could sell some tickets to the Pirate series on the last weekend.

Captain Hook
09-02-2009, 11:52 PM
I would like to see Bruce back asap.If he is 100% healthy another 100 ABs at the big league level could mean a lot for our young RF.Same goes for Hanigan.It's really disappointing that ABs are being wasted on guys like Corky Miller and Old Mcdonald who have no future on the team.

Hondo
09-03-2009, 12:47 AM
I can't believe they are even wasting a roster spot for Darnell McDonald...

Ghosts of 1990
09-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Welcome 'back' Jay.