PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Big Ten Prediction Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

GAC
10-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Wanna hear Tressell's post game comments? I can tell you what he's gonna say. ;)

flyer85
10-17-2009, 02:30 PM
It's about a quarterback that is completely rattled and yet the coaching staff leaves him in. Do you honestly think Pryor can do anything right now? I certainly don't. Bauserman is your only option to win right now IMO.

Tressel certainly has a lot of blame to take too right now. He obviously isn't watching the same game I am or the same QB.

This offense couldn't beat a HS defense right now with Pryor throwing the ball.
Pryor is not a pocket passer, he has thrown the ball poorly all season. It's not a fluke, Tressel is asking to be something that he isn't. It is just plain dumb.

The smart thing is to play to a player's strengths, not his weakness (which is what the Bucks are doing).

flyer85
10-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Pryor just made a nice 40 yard throw ON A ROLLOUT, how did that happen?

Reds Fanatic
10-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Down 16 with 12 minutes left and the go for a field goal?

flyer85
10-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Down 16 with 12 minutes left and the go for a field goal?
he is the sweater vest, God forbid he might have rolled Pryor to the wide side of the field down there.

Spring~Fields
10-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Wanna hear Tressell's post game comments? I can tell you what he's gonna say. ;)

Third Down Efficiency 1-9
Times Sacked 4
Yards Lost to Sacks 34
Had Intercepted 2
Penalty Yards 50
Fumbles Lost 3

I have to go for a ride I am mad, and will write something I should not.

flyer85
10-17-2009, 02:59 PM
rolls out scrambles around and throws a long TD, keep him in the pocket.

GAC
10-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Boy! There was a keep your fingers crossed hail mary pass. Thankfully one of our guys got under it for the TD

26-18

Reds Fanatic
10-17-2009, 03:00 PM
2 point conversion makes it an 8 point game with 7 minutes left

Caseyfan21
10-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Boy! There was a keep your fingers crossed hail mary pass. Thankfully one of our guys got under it for the TD

26-18

Regardless of the outcome, that was still a pathetic throw and decision. That pass is intercepted many times.

And I might sound bitter on Pryor today, but I have steadfastly defended him and Tressel up until today. I've just lost faith in both of them today. I hope they prove me wrong.

GAC
10-17-2009, 03:03 PM
The throw wan't even good enough to be pathetic. It was solely an act of desperation of throwing it up in the general area.

flyer85
10-17-2009, 03:07 PM
2nd and 1 run up the middle ... long live the sweater vest

GAC
10-17-2009, 03:11 PM
This offensive line needs to be taken to the wood shed......

oh thats right, Purdue has already done so. ;)

GAC
10-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I have no idea where he was throwing that one. Purdue takes over.

Caseyfan21
10-17-2009, 03:14 PM
My call is Buckeyes get the ball back with about a minute left and throw an interception. Best case scenario at this point.

KronoRed
10-17-2009, 03:17 PM
How do you grab a face mask there? insane.

flyer85
10-17-2009, 03:18 PM
How do you grab a face mask there? insane.too bad ... so sad

GAC
10-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Purdue earned and deserved this game. Tressel - you got out coached in this one.

Final score 26-18

I don't think anyone in our weekly poll picked Purdue. ;)

Spring~Fields
10-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Purdue earned and deserved this game. Tressel - you got out coached in this one.

Final score 26-18

I don't think anyone in our weekly poll picked Purdue. ;)

How could any of us.

I know who to pick when Iowa and Penn St plays the Tressell offense and it ain't Ohio State.

GAC
10-17-2009, 03:28 PM
How important was that turnover that should have been at the end of the 1st quarter and inside Purdue's 20? Sorry refs - you blew that one IMO.

Irregardless, the Bucks didn't deserve to win this game. Purdue played with an awesome intensity.

GAC
10-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Nothing surprising or "printable" stated in Tressel's post-game.

HeatherC1212
10-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Oy. :bang:

Spring~Fields
10-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Big Ten Scoreboard
Saturday, Oct 17

Ohio St 18 :barf:
Purdue 26

Northwestern 14
Michigan St 24

Delaware St 6
Michigan 63

Iowa 20 :barf:
Wisconsin 10

Minnesota 0
Penn St 20

Illinois 14
Indiana 27 :barf:

MWM
10-18-2009, 01:19 AM
I'm not really all that disappointed in the game today. If anything, they needed a loss like this to help them understand where they are. They were never going to be a top tier team this year. It was always going to be a transition year for next year when they should be really good.

And I certainly realize this is just one game, so no one should read TOO much into it. However, this is just about a first in the Tressel era. The #1 virtue we hear about Jim Tressel is that he NEVER loses games to inferior opponents they shouldn't lose to. So it is somewhat signigicant in that sense.

This could be seen coming a mile away. It's not a matter of it, but when. People want a comparable situation? How about Bobby Bowden. There was a stretch of time where they went undefeated or had one loss jsut about every year. They never lost to weak teams and were in the national title hunt every year, and won one. And they did it with great defense and very mediocre offense with a couple of exceptions. They also did it by playing in a conference where maybe one team each year had any chance of beating them. Look where they are now. I don't think it's that far fetched to think that's the path the Buckeyes are headed. Actually, I think the similarities are uncanny. Top offensive players stopped going to FSU. Why wouldn't they?

I totally get all the support for Tressel and what he's done. I don't think those who have been critical of him were doing based on accomplishments, but based on things we were seeing that made us think things could turn south. Just because someone accumulates a good record over a hndful of years, does not mean it's going to continue. If I thought the Buckeyes would continue exactly how they have been, I don't know that I'd be disapopinted much at all. My concern was always that the trend was going to lead to a gradual decline.

I think OSU is consistently out-coached, period. I can't think of a time in recent memory where it's looked the other way around. The problem with the system as it is now is that it requires a guy like Beanie Wells or Maurice Clarrett. Absent a player on that level, it goes from pretty good to downright awful. There's no way around that being someone in over their head as an offensive coach. They have WAY too much talent to look THAT bad. Tressel relies on a massive talent gap with his style. That's just not sustanable over a long period of time. I hope I'm wrong, but if things don't change from a coaching perspective on the offensive side of the ball, today was just a shadow of things to come.

Captain Hook
10-18-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm not really all that disappointed in the game today. If anything, they needed a loss like this to help them understand where they are. They were never going to be a top tier team this year. It was always going to be a transition year for next year when they should be really good.

And I certainly realize this is just one game, so no one should read TOO much into it. However, this is just about a first in the Tressel era. The #1 virtue we hear about Jim Tressel is that he NEVER loses games to inferior opponents they shouldn't lose to. So it is somewhat signigicant in that sense.

This could be seen coming a mile away. It's not a matter of it, but when. People want a comparable situation? How about Bobby Bowden. There was a stretch of time where they went undefeated or had one loss jsut about every year. They never lost to weak teams and were in the national title hunt every year, and won one. And they did it with great defense and very mediocre offense with a couple of exceptions. They also did it by playing in a conference where maybe one team each year had any chance of beating them. Look where they are now. I don't think it's that far fetched to think that's the path the Buckeyes are headed. Actually, I think the similarities are uncanny. Top offensive players stopped going to FSU. Why wouldn't they?

I totally get all the support for Tressel and what he's done. I don't think those who have been critical of him were doing based on accomplishments, but based on things we were seeing that made us think things could turn south. Just because someone accumulates a good record over a hndful of years, does not mean it's going to continue. If I thought the Buckeyes would continue exactly how they have been, I don't know that I'd be disapopinted much at all. My concern was always that the trend was going to lead to a gradual decline.

I think OSU is consistently out-coached, period. I can't think of a time in recent memory where it's looked the other way around. The problem with the system as it is now is that it requires a guy like Beanie Wells or Maurice Clarrett. Absent a player on that level, it goes from pretty good to downright awful. There's no way around that being someone in over their head as an offensive coach. They have WAY too much talent to look THAT bad. Tressel relies on a massive talent gap with his style. That's just not sustanable over a long period of time. I hope I'm wrong, but if things don't change from a coaching perspective on the offensive side of the ball, today was just a shadow of things to come.

There is one big difference between OSU/Tressel and FSU/Bowden.OSU was good before anyone had ever herd of Jim Tressel and Bowden built the FSU program.It's very unlikely that the University would continue to allow Tressel to coach the team like FSU has Bowden.A few seasons of mediocrity and all that Jim Tressel has accomplished will be forgotten and changes will be made.

Not to mention that OSU will never have to fight for recruits from Ohio with in state rivals like UF and UM along with the SEC teams that recruit Fla. heavily and the rest of the big boys across the nation as well.The facilities alone will keep the Bucks around the top 10 in recruiting.Pulling out any past years NFL draft results and reminding a young wide eyed recruit how many Buckeyes play on Sundays won't hurt either.

Maybe OSU will slip a little.It has happened to just about every team at some point but I just can't see them being out of the top 10 on a consistent basis for an extended period of time.

While it's possible that what your talking about might happen on a smaller level it's very unlikely that we see it happen to the extent you're talking about.

GAC
10-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Oh GAC is just nervous over taking Indiana over Illinois and Iowa over Wisconsin, it’s his way of “a cry for help“. :devil:

WEEK 7 SCHEDULE
Iowa @ Wisconsin
Illinois @ Indiana

#12 Iowa @ Wisconsin
Illinois @ Indiana

My, my, my..... here's mud in yer eye. :evil:

Iowa 20 Wisconsin 10

Indiana 27 Illinois 14

Wanna buy my lottery tickets for me next week?

GAC
10-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Needless to say -we all got burned on the OSU-Purdue game, so we had several people who ended up 5-1 BECAUSE JIM TRESSEL SCREWED US!!! :bash:

WEEK #7 RESULTS

BIG TEN

kaldaniels 48-7 .872
GAC 47-9 .839
HeatherC1212 47-9
Revering4Blue 37-8 .822
Spring~Fields 45-11 .803
BaseClogger 45-11
cumberlandreds 45-11
OnBaseMachine 44-12 .785
Danny Serafini 44-12
Captain Hook 39-11 .780
OUReds 42-14 .750
Buckeye33 42-14
OSUredsFan 34-12 .739
BuckeyeRed27 41-15 .732
Hoosier Red 36-14 .720
IowaRed 30-16 .652
cincrazy 21-12 .636

GAC'S FIVE

Revering4Blue 25-8 .757
Danny Serafini 26-12 .684
Buckeye33 26-12
cumberlandreds 26-12
IowaRed 22-11 .666
OUReds 25-13 .657
BaseClogger 23-14 .621
OnBaseMachine 23-15 .605
GAC 23-15
HeatherC1212 23-15
kaldaniels 21-17 .552
Hoosier Red 17-14 .548
BuckeyeRed27 20-18 .526
OSUredsFAN 17-16 .515
cincrazy 10-10 .500
Captain Hook 15-16 .483

GAC
10-18-2009, 09:24 AM
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Minnesota @ #?? Ohio State
Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue
#14 Penn State @ Michigan
#11 Iowa @ Michigan State

GAC's SEVEN

Boston College @ #25 Notre Dame
Auburn @ #10 LSU
#12 TCU @ #18 Brigham Young
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington
Connecticut @ W. Virginia
Louisville @ #8 Cincinnati (shouldn't be a contest, but this is an arch rivalry ;) )

GAC
10-18-2009, 09:49 AM

Thoroughly agree Mike. Tressel was simply out coached yesterday. And sadly, it may continue to happen.

Purdue actually has a pretty good offense, and is #2 in pass offense. And you do a comparison of Big Ten starting QBs, and guess who really stands out amongst them all? Purdue's Joey Elliot. I was thoroughly impressed with this kid yesterday. He picked us clean all day.

What has really hurt Purdue, other then their scoring defense, is all the miscues and turnovers (last in the Big Ten).

And that is what bothered me most about yesterday's game. Purdue is at the bottom of the pack in the Big Ten in most every defensive category, yet they put together a defensive scheme yesterday that Tressel could not adapt to or overcome.

How many times did they blitz us yesterday? Geez! You'd think Tressel had never seen a blitz before. And why not blitz? Our offensive line is a sieve. Put a little extra pressure on it, the protection breaks down, which not only has Pryor scrambling, but rushing and making bad decisions. 4 of those 5 turnovers yesterday were all Pryor, and they weren't "gimmes". They were forced.

Is there some reason as to why Tressel can't throw screen passes to his RBs? Some kind of cardinal sin? Saine caught one yesterday for 40 yds.

Tressel, currently, doesn't seem to have answers, or the ability to adapt during the game, even after seeing the opposition's various schemes.

Spring~Fields
10-18-2009, 10:51 AM
My, my, my..... here's mud in yer eye. :evil:

Iowa 20 Wisconsin 10

Indiana 27 Illinois 14

Unfortunately there isn’t a blind squirrel icon to better represent my sentiments. :p:

Wanna buy my lottery tickets for me next week?

Ha, sure, you touch the money first, oh blessed one. :pray: You cheat!! :pray: The rest of us don't ask for Devine help picking these, and get it.

:laugh:

Spring~Fields
10-18-2009, 11:19 AM
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Minnesota @ Ohio State (subject to my further review)
Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue
Penn State @ Michigan
Iowa @ Michigan State

GAC
10-18-2009, 05:25 PM
The rest of us don't ask for Devine help picking these, and get it. :laugh:

Ex-ND coach Dan Devine had nothing to do with it.

Unlike Tressel, I do my home work. :evil:

OnBaseMachine
10-18-2009, 06:21 PM
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN
Ohio State
Northwestern
Illinois
Penn State
Iowa

GAC's SEVEN

Boston College
LSU
Brigham Young
Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon
W. Virginia
Cincinnati

OUReds
10-18-2009, 06:27 PM
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Should bounce back at home.

Indiana @ Northwestern
I like Bloomington, I like Indiana, but I think NW is a little better at home.

Illinois @ Purdue
Illinois is a mess.

Better Penn State teams then this one have had trouble at the big house.

My record is terrible this year, so heck with it, I'm going with a hunch here.

GAC's SEVEN

Auburn @ #10 LSU
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington
Louisville @ #8 Cincinnati

OSUredsFAN
10-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Needless to say -we all got burned on the OSU-Purdue game, so we had several people who ended up 5-1 BECAUSE JIM TRESSEL SCREWED US!!!

Really!?! I didn't watch the game because I was at the ND/SC game, but how did Tressel lose this game? Did he have any of the 5 TO's? Did commit any of the 9 penlalties? I'm just saying...

GAC
10-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Really!?! I didn't watch the game because I was at the ND/SC game, but how did Tressel lose this game? Did he have any of the 5 TO's? Did commit any of the 9 penlalties? I'm just saying...

No. He is not responsible for any of the above. But we were facing the worst defense, especially scoring defense, in the Big 10. Obviously the Purdue coaching staff, in studying OSU film, found some thing they could exploit, from a defensive perspective (more blitzes for one), and they made shambles of our O-line, put extreme pressure on Pryor, forcing him to made some very bad decisions. I thought we were facing Ray Lewis and the Raven's D.

And what did our coaching staff do, during the game, to try and counter/adapt? How about rolling Pryor out more, maybe utilize your RBs as receivers (more screens).

Tressel's game plan is very predictable.

Spring~Fields
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Ex-ND coach Dan Devine had nothing to do with it.

Unlike Tressel, I do my home work. :evil:

Uh huh, :D I was with you until it dawned on me that you were claiming to have done homework on Ind vs Ill. ......So is there some stats out there that define real bad from really bad? :) I know how I picked those two games, I looked, and said to myself who knows? Then thought hm, what did GAC pick, hm, I will take a shot and pick the opposite.

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes that bear gets you. Homework!! :lol:

*BaseClogger*
10-19-2009, 03:40 AM
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue

GAC's SEVEN

Auburn @ #10 LSU
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington
Louisville @ #8 Cincinnati (shouldn't be a contest, but this is an arch rivalry )

IowaRed
10-19-2009, 08:25 AM
BIG TEN

Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue

GAC's SEVEN

Auburn @ #10 LSU
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington

cumberlandreds
10-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Here are my winners for week 8:

BIG TEN

Ohio State
Northwestern
Purdue
#14 Penn State
#11 Iowa

GAC's SEVEN

#25 Notre Dame
#10 LSU
#12 TCU
#9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon
W. Virginia
#8 Cincinnati

BuckeyeRed27
10-19-2009, 12:30 PM
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue

GAC's SEVEN

Auburn @ #10 LSU
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington

GAC
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Uh huh, :D I was with you until it dawned on me that you were claiming to have done homework on Ind vs Ill. ......So is there some stats out there that define real bad from really bad? :) I know how I picked those two games, I looked, and said to myself who knows? Then thought hm, what did GAC pick, hm, I will take a shot and pick the opposite.

And what have you learned from the above Dr Frankenstein? I did my homework and picked the winners in those two games. And you said "who knows", and ended up picking the losers.

Home work, even when it involves two bad teams like Indiana and Illinois, greatly aids in making an educated guess as to who should win, and not simply tossing a coin. ;)

You've got the two worst overall B10 offenses facing off this weekend in OSU-Minnesota. You tossing a coin, or doing your homework in other areas to find who may hold the advantage?

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes that bear gets you.

Yep. And I didn't do my homework in the OSU-Purdue game. I ASSUMED, because Purdue has been so bad (1-5 record), and I'm a loyal Buckeye fan, that OSU would win this game.

It was only after-the-fact, that I went back and looked at Purdue's offensive game - their QB Elliot is probably the best QB in the B10... #1 in passing yd/game and #1 in total offense. Their pass offense #2 in the B10, total offense #4. Purdue receivers Valentin and Smith are at the top of the heap in the B10.

So again - I'm gonna do my homework on this week's OSU-Minnesota game. My pick MAY NOT be OSU. ;)

Spring~Fields
10-19-2009, 09:11 PM
And what have you learned from the above Dr Frankenstein? I did my homework and picked the winners in those two games. And you said "who knows", and ended up picking the losers.

Home work, even when it involves two bad teams like Indiana and Illinois, greatly aids in making an educated guess as to who should win, and not simply tossing a coin. ;)

You've got the two worst overall B10 offenses facing off this weekend in OSU-Minnesota. You tossing a coin, or doing your homework in other areas to find who may hold the advantage?

Yep. And I didn't do my homework in the OSU-Purdue game. I ASSUMED, because Purdue has been so bad (1-5 record), and I'm a loyal Buckeye fan, that OSU would win this game.

It was only after-the-fact, that I went back and looked at Purdue's offensive game - their QB Elliot is probably the best QB in the B10... #1 in passing yd/game and #1 in total offense. Their pass offense #2 in the B10, total offense #4. Purdue receivers Valentin and Smith are at the top of the heap in the B10.

So again - I'm gonna do my homework on this week's OSU-Minnesota game. My pick MAY NOT be OSU. ;)

The stats on Big Ten teams is flawed because they play so many weak smaller schools, where it makes the defenses and offenses look better than they are stat wise. Or easy to misinterpret. Tressell teams don't go for the overkill in scoring, (he shows class) and they score a lot against smaller schools, and their D looks like they pitch shutouts, but it is not a true read. The other schools do that too, pad the stats on the weaker schools.

I prefer to look at a schools stats when they have played against comparable level teams. The stats are more true of their ability.

I made assumptions on Ohio Stat/Purdue too. One that Ohio State had a very good defense, and that Purdue would not score easily against them, and that Ohio State would do what they normally do, improve as the season goes on. How often have we ever seen an offensive line like that at OSU?

Minnesota beat Purdue eariler I think. Which Ohio State team is going to show up? I still think that playing too many weak schools causes coaching to think that what they are doing is working better than what it is, then they play someone who is ready to play on that next higher level, guess what? We ain't that good.

Another thing, if we were not doing this just for fun, and we were really serious, maybe even putting money down on some of those games, we would be more selective and stay clear away from games like Ind/Ill maybe even one like Wis/Iowa. Several of the games where each of us missed this year in the Big Ten were games that one really should stay away from. But this is just for fun. So we try to pick ALL of them.

kaldaniels
10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue

GAC's SEVEN

Auburn @ #10 LSU
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington
Louisville @ #8 Cincinnati (shouldn't be a contest, but this is an arch rivalry ;) )

GAC
10-20-2009, 07:10 PM
The stats on Big Ten teams is flawed because they play so many weak smaller schools, where it makes the defenses and offenses look better than they are stat wise. Or easy to misinterpret. Tressell teams don't go for the overkill in scoring, (he shows class) and they score a lot against smaller schools, and their D looks like they pitch shutouts, but it is not a true read. The other schools do that too, pad the stats on the weaker schools.

I prefer to look at a schools stats when they have played against comparable level teams. The stats are more true of their ability.

All that you say above is true, concerning stats. But that is all one has to aid them in making a valued choice. There is no other reasoned avenue.... other then simply guessing. So you simply use the "tools" you have, regardless of how "imperfect" they may be.

OSUredsFAN
10-20-2009, 07:31 PM
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Minnesota @ #18 The Ohio State University
Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue

GAC's SEVEN

Boston College @ Notre Dame
Auburn @ #10 LSU
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington

GAC
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
BIG TEN

Minnesota @ #18 Ohio State... For the Gophers to have a chance, QB Weber is going to have to put in one heck of a performance. And he did terrible last week vs PSU's defense. Their running game is non-existent. Minnesota's defense is bad. I just hope Pryor doesn't make it look good.

Indiana @ Northwestern.... I wanted to pick the Hoosiers, but WC QB Kafka had a big day vs MSU, and Indiana's pass D is worse.

Illinois @ Purdue.... Yeah right. I'm gonna bet against Purdue after seeing what they did to my Bucks last week. :lol:

#14 Penn State @ Michigan... being a home game has not necessarily been an advantage for the Wolverines. PSU's defense is stout. Especially vs the run (which Michigan relies on). Michigan rushes for 235 yds/game. PSU allows 75. I think it will be a tight game though if Clark struggles; but Michigan's D ain't nothing to brag on.

#11 Iowa @ Michigan State....this Iowa team scares me. They are winning, but their success hasn't come easy. MSU has the #1 passing offense, adn are far more balanced on the offensive side of the ball then the Hawkeyes. Can Iowa's D step up again. I say no. UPSET!

GAC's SEVEN

Boston College @ #25 Notre Dame.... The Fighting Irish will look to halt a six-game losing streak to the Eagles. BC has won the last two games, and three of the last four meetings at Notre Dame Stadium. Look for a high scoring game.

Auburn @ #10 LSU

#12 TCU @ #18 Brigham Young.... TCU will grind out a win in Provo on the back of it's defense.

Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington

HeatherC1212
10-20-2009, 09:32 PM
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Minnesota @ #18 Ohio State
Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue

GAC's SEVEN

Auburn @ #10 LSU
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington

Captain Hook
10-21-2009, 03:39 AM
BIG TEN

Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue

GAC's SEVEN

Auburn @ #10 LSU
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington

DTCromer
10-21-2009, 09:27 AM
The spread on the Illinois/Purdue game in West Lafayette is -10.5 for PU. I sooooo want to pick Illinois to cover after a 1-5 Purdue team put up probably their best performance, but this Illinois team seems to have quit on Zook and they're awful. I'm leaving that game go.

As for Iowa @ MSU, I'm taking MSU. I just can't jump on the Iowa bandwagon yet.

Penn State @ Meatchicken: Is Michigan starting to feel the affects of a young group? Ann Arbor probably has one of the most overrated HFA's in college football. However, I think they'll be fired up and ready to play. I can't get a good read on PSU because they've played no one and the 1 team that was halfway decent, they looked like garbage. I'm staying away from betting on this.

OSU is a -18 point favorite vs Minny? I'm taking OSU, but is Minny really that bad they won't cover the 18 points? I know the line was similar last week @PSU, but I can't see them playing as bad as last week.

Danny Serafini
10-21-2009, 09:44 AM
WEEK #8 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue

GAC's SEVEN

Auburn @ #10 LSU
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington
Louisville @ #8 Cincinnati (shouldn't be a contest, but this is an arch rivalry )

Spring~Fields
10-21-2009, 02:08 PM
All that you say above is true, concerning stats. But that is all one has to aid them in making a valued choice. There is no other reasoned avenue.... other then simply guessing. So you simply use the "tools" you have, regardless of how "imperfect" they may be.

Sure, plus everyone has their own interpretations of that information and stats.

You did a good job with that Ind/Ill game I think. god awful teams. They even make Ohio State look good even when they are not. :)

Go Gophers, Blitz that QB!!!!

Buckeye33
10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Indiana @ Northwestern
Illinois @ Purdue

GAC's SEVEN

Auburn @ #10 LSU
Clemson @ #9 Miami (Fla)
#13 Oregon @ Washington

GAC
10-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Sure, plus everyone has their own interpretations of that information and stats.

Absolutely. But if your "interpretation" of said data is consistently proving one wrong - and I'm not referring to you personally - then one also needs to re-examine, not the data, but one's methodology on how they are interpreting that data. Plus, there are also "uncertainties", or the unpredictable quotient, that rares it's ugly head in every game.

Even Vegas gets it wrong. ;)

For the most part, not always, you're simply trying to come up with the best educated guess you can.

Revering4Blue
10-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Ohio state
Northwestern
Purdue
Michigan
Michigan state

Notre Dame
LSU
TCU
Miami(Fla)
Oregon
West Virginia
Cincinnati

Spring~Fields
10-24-2009, 04:17 PM
So you simply use the "tools" you have, regardless of how "imperfect" they may be.

Glad you mentioned that. :fineprint
So do I get pt's. for courage in taking Minnesota over Ohio State, even though State loads their no faith schedule with weak sisters? Or maybe mercy pt's. for being stupid? :) I used the tools that I had. :evil:

:rant2:
Navy
Toledo
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
Minnesota
New Mexico State
:rant2:

HeatherC1212
10-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Anyone else get burned on that Clemson-Miami FL game?! Wow, what an ending that was for the Clemson team! :eek:

Glad to see Ohio State bounce back with a solid game this week although Minnesota helped them out quite a bit too by forgetting how to play football for parts of the game, LOL :laugh:

Spring~Fields
10-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Big Ten Box Scores
Saturday, Oct 24

Indiana 28
Northwestern 29

Minnesota 7
Ohio St. 38

Illinois 14
Purdue 24

Penn St. 35
Michigan 10

Iowa 15
Michigan St. 13

Spring~Fields
10-24-2009, 10:34 PM
#11 Iowa @ Michigan State....this Iowa team scares me. They are winning, but their success hasn't come easy. MSU has the #1 passing offense, adn are far more balanced on the offensive side of the ball then the Hawkeyes. Can Iowa's D step up again. I say no. UPSET!

Very close, very, very close. But no cigar this time poncho. :)

Last two seconds of the game I believe.

OSUredsFAN
10-24-2009, 10:35 PM
WOW, what an ending in the Iowa-Sparty game

HeatherC1212
10-24-2009, 11:39 PM
I honestly thought the Spartans had them! Wow. :eek: That is a crushing loss for MSU and seriously, Iowa is a good team but they nearly got beat by a not that great MSU team so they're definitely beatable. I think they're going to run into trouble somewhere in their schedule. I'm just not sure where yet. Hmmmm.

OSUredsFAN
10-24-2009, 11:48 PM
I honestly thought the Spartans had them! Wow. :eek: That is a crushing loss for MSU and seriously, Iowa is a good team but they nearly got beat by a not that great MSU team so they're definitely beatable. I think they're going to run into trouble somewhere in their schedule. I'm just not sure where yet. Hmmmm.

Nov 14th in Columbus???? I hope so!

KoryMac5
10-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Iowa can be beaten by OSU, but that offensive line is going to have to grow up some. In their victory over PSU Iowa's defensive line victimized the Lions young O line forcing Clark to have one of the worst games of his career. OSU needs to continue to gel together and protect Pryor so that he has time to make the right reads.

OnBaseMachine
10-25-2009, 12:32 AM
I give Iowa about a 10% chance of beating Ohio State. Iowa isn't that good, IMO. This is the same team that barely escaped Northern Iowa and Arkansas State at home. I think OSU will beat Iowa by 10+ points.

Danny Serafini
10-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Do I get moral victory points for taking Michigan St. over Iowa? I should get something for that! Maybe.

Count me in the group that has no faith in Iowa. I understand the way the rankings work they have to be high for being undefeated, but there's no way they're actually the 6th best team in the country. They're walking a tightrope, and there's no way they stay on it.

HeatherC1212
10-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Do I get moral victory points for taking Michigan St. over Iowa? I should get something for that! Maybe.

Count me in the group that has no faith in Iowa. I understand the way the rankings work they have to be high for being undefeated, but there's no way they're actually the 6th best team in the country. They're walking a tightrope, and there's no way they stay on it.

There are actually quite a few of us who thought MSU was going to win that game. Do we all get something for the moral victory points?! ;)

I would not mind at all if Iowa lost on November 14th but I'm not opposed to them losing a game before then either. :D

GAC
10-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Glad you mentioned that. :fineprint
So do I get pt's. for courage in taking Minnesota over Ohio State, even though State loads their no faith schedule with weak sisters? Or maybe mercy pt's. for being stupid? :) I used the tools that I had. :evil:

weak sister? First off, one can't avoid scheduling teams in your own division. I wish the Big 10 played everyone in their division. But all the teams in the division don't play each other, and are in a rotation. IMO, that is simply ridiculous. This year, OSU doesn't play Michigan State and Northwestern. Add another quality team... like the Bearcats.... and split the division with a championship game.

Navy was a good team last year, and this year is 6-2. Purdue is a better ballclub then their record indicates. Look at their stats. What hurt them early on was their turnovers, and receivers dropping passes.

And everyone, even the elite teams, put the "Toledos" and "New Mexico States" on their schedules. It ain't just OSU. ;)

GAC
10-25-2009, 07:50 AM
There were some really tight, good games yesterday.

Congrats to the following for going 5-0 in the Big 10.... cumberlandreds, OSUredsFAN, and Buckeye33. That last second TD in the Iowa-MSU game screwed a few of us, including yours truly. But it evened out, because that last second FG in the Indiana-Northwestern game gave several of us wins (and a few others losses). ;)

In GAC's SEVEN, that Clemson-Miama(FL) game got everyone but IowaRed.

WEEK #8 STANDINGS

BIG TEN

kaldaniels 52-8 .866
GAC 51-10 .836
HeatherC1212 51-10
cumberlandreds 50-11 .819
Spring~Fields 49-12 .803
BaseClogger 49-12
Revering4Blue 40-10 .800
OnBaseMachine 48-13 .786
Danny Serafini 48-13
Captain Hook 43-12 .781
Buckeye33 47-14 .770
OSUredsFan 39-12 .764
OUReds 45-16 .737
BuckeyeRed27 45-16
Hoosier Red 36-14 .720
IowaRed 33-18 .647
cincrazy 21-12 .636

GAC'S FIVE

Revering4Blue 31-9 .775
cumberlandreds 32-13 .711
IowaRed 28-12 .700
Buckeye33 31-14 .688
Danny Serafini 30-15 .666
OUReds 30-15
BaseClogger 29-15 .659
GAC 28-17 .622
HeatherC1212 28-17
OnBaseMachine 27-18 .600
kaldaniels 26-19 .577
BuckeyeRed27 26-19
Captain Hook 21-17 .552
OSUredsFAN 22-18 .550
Hoosier Red 17-14 .548
cincrazy 10-10 .500

GAC
10-25-2009, 08:24 AM
WEEK 9 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

New Mexico State @ Ohio State (the "calm before the storm")
Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois
Penn State @ Northwestern
Michigan State @ Minnesota

GAC's SIX

#3 Texas @ #15 Oklahoma State
#7 USC @ #11 Oregon
#24 S. Carolina @ Tennessee
Georgia @ #1 Florida
#10 Miami (FL) @ Wake Forest
#23 W. Virginia @ S. Florida NOTE: FRIDAY GAME

Spring~Fields
10-25-2009, 08:53 AM
weak sister?
And everyone, even the elite teams, put the "Toledos" and "New Mexico States" on their schedules. It ain't just OSU. ;)

True competitive sporting events ? Or BCS politics and money ? I don't care what the other schools do when scheduling what amounts to yearly scrimages on their schedules. I only care about Ohio State, I am biased for them, I am a fan.

You do your "homework", you wrote that just days ago. What does your homework show you about the other teams that Ohio State routinely defeats? ;) True competitive sporting events ?

Spring~Fields
10-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Let's see, let me guess.

BIG TEN

New Mexico State @ Ohio State Oh another toughy for Ohio State;)
Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

cincrazy
10-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I give Iowa about a 10% chance of beating Ohio State. Iowa isn't that good, IMO. This is the same team that barely escaped Northern Iowa and Arkansas State at home. I think OSU will beat Iowa by 10+ points.

I tend to agree. But I can't knock Iowa... they are so much like the 2002 Bucks. That team also had several close games against inferior teams, and didn't look pretty winning. I don't think Iowa has a Clarett type impact player, or a Jenkins like-receiver on offense, however. So I think the miracle ride ends in the Horseshoe.

But of course I'd think that, because I'm biased :thumbup:.

GAC
10-25-2009, 10:08 AM
True competitive sporting events ? Or BCS politics and money ? I don't care what the other schools do when scheduling what amounts to yearly scrimages on their schedules. I only care about Ohio State, I am biased for them, I am a fan.

And again - OSU cannot avoid playing those weaker teams in their own conference. You can't fault OSU for that. Those other major conferences have those teams in their conferences too you know.

And it's a moot point to argue why any major program, whether it's OSU or whoever, adds these Toledos and New Mexico States to their schedules.

Earlier in the season, Florida feasted on Charleston Southern and Troy. Still has Florida Int to play. Alabama played Florida Int, North Texas, and has Chattanooga left. Texas opened with Louisiana-Monroe, Wyoming, UTEP, UCF. The list goes on and on.

This article, as far as I'm concerned, says it all....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-bcs102009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

What is the easiest way to “win them all?” Play the weakest competition imaginable; and do it on your campus.

There are a lot of coaches that are anti-BCS. But as long as the current system exists, they are going to find ways to work it, or figure out how to beat it.

So you can rail on OSU's schedule, or talk about "competitive sportsmanship" all you want; but they aren't going to do anything any differently then the rest of the schools, and place themselves at a disadvantage, especially in the scheduling of non-conference games, when the other "major" schools aren't going to do likewise. They aren't stupid.

GAC
10-25-2009, 10:26 AM
I tend to agree. But I can't knock Iowa... they are so much like the 2002 Bucks.

Bingo! The Hawkeyes aren't going to win many style points, and they win ugly; but winning is all that matters. It shows the character of the team.

Both of those teams yesterday have decent defenses. You had the #1 pass offense in the B10 (MSU) going up against the #2 pass defense (Iowa). QB Stanzi didn't have a solid game, but he came through in the clutch when he had to.

Can OSU beat Iowa? Sure. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a game that is similar to what we saw yesterday between the Hawkeyes-Spartans. Thank God it's a home game for the Bucks too.

The Buckeyes control their own destiny.

Revering4Blue
10-25-2009, 11:18 AM
1) In the first 58 minutes and 23 seconds of this game, Iowa quarterback Ricki Stanzi was 7-of-18 for 78 yards. In the final 1:37, Stanzi threw for 59 yards and delivered the defining dagger to Marvin McNutt on the game’s final play. Stanzi is not an elite quarterback, but in 2009, he’s been great when needed. There’s a name for this kind of gutsy, ice-veins, know-how-to-win-a-game expertise: Jay Barker. Iowa has that 1992 Alabama vibe going right now; it can’t be neatly explained or scientifically analyzed, but it’s there—it’s palpable, and it’s breathing thanks to a fresh and full tank of spiritual oxygen. Such is the magic of a college football season that begins to acquire special dimensions at this time of year.

2) Don’t knock Iowa for winning by a slim margin; yes, the Hawkeyes need to play a team with a real offense, but winning is winning is winning. Don’t knock it. Don’t diminish it. Don’t try to put it into a box. Don’t resent it. Tip the cap to the Hawkeyes, and let’s see if Ohio State will deny Kirk Ferentz’s club an undefeated regular season on Nov. 14. And if Iowa wins that game 12-9 on a 19-yard field goal with 9:56 left in the third quarter, don’t lash out at Iowa. Lash out at the fact that the lack of a playoff system puts so much weight into conference games, thereby enabling teams to schedule light non-conference games and very possibly play in the national title tilt.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/912670.html

*BaseClogger*
10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
WEEK 9 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon
Georgia @ #1 Florida

OnBaseMachine
10-25-2009, 09:36 PM
WEEK 9 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Ohio State
Wisconsin
Iowa
Michigan
Penn State
Michigan State

GAC's SIX

Oklahoma State
USC
Tennessee
Florida
Miami (FL)
West Virginia

cumberlandreds
10-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Bunch of tough games to pick on GAC's specials. It should be noted the UGA/FL game is in Jacksonville not UF's home field. Here are my Week 9 winners:

WEEK 9 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Ohio State
Wisconsin
Iowa
Michigan
Penn State
Minnesota

GAC's SIX

#3 Texas
#7 USC
Tennessee
#1 Florida
#10 Miami (FL)
#23 W. Virginia

Spring~Fields
10-26-2009, 11:30 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-bcs102009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

What is the easiest way to “win them all?” Play the weakest competition imaginable; and do it on your campus.

There are a lot of coaches that are anti-BCS. But as long as the current system exists, they are going to find ways to work it, or figure out how to beat it.

So you can rail on OSU's schedule, or talk about "competitive sportsmanship" all you want; but they aren't going to do anything any differently then the rest of the schools, and place themselves at a disadvantage, especially in the scheduling of non-conference games, when the other "major" schools aren't going to do likewise. They aren't stupid.

I completely agree with what you have written and suggested above.

Well as long as we know the difference from good runs, and scheduling in a way that benefits BCS and revenue requirements vs. true competitive sporting events. Shame though that Ohio State has to follow the crowd and can't be a leader. So it is assumed Ohio State has to schedule those weaker schools, (I am not talking about the little ten, er um Big Ten, that they have no choice but to play) to appear rather than be a great football powerhouse.

BuckeyeRed27
10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
WEEK 9 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

New Mexico State @ Ohio State
Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon
Georgia @ #1 Florida
#23 W. Virginia @ S. Florida

IowaRed
10-26-2009, 12:58 PM
BIG TEN

Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon
Georgia @ #1 Florida

GAC
10-26-2009, 08:03 PM
So it is assumed Ohio State has to schedule those weaker schools to appear rather than be a great football powerhouse.

Yep. Just like the rest of them. We all don't like it. But it's not a representative democracy where have the choice to change it.

And another reason why these major schools play the "lesser" schools, especially intra-state, is to throw money their way, give them some national exposure, and help their programs.

Captain Hook
10-26-2009, 09:16 PM
BIG TEN

Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon
Georgia @ #1 Florida

Captain Hook
10-26-2009, 09:32 PM
I completely agree with what you have written and suggested above.

Well as long as we know the difference from good runs, and scheduling in a way that benefits BCS and revenue requirements vs. true competitive sporting events. Shame though that Ohio State has to follow the crowd and can't be a leader. So it is assumed Ohio State has to schedule those weaker schools, (I am not talking about the little ten, er um Big Ten, that they have no choice but to play) to appear rather than be a great football powerhouse.

I don't really see the problem with OSUs schedual this year.Playing 2 teams from outside the conference that will play in bowl games and a few MAC teams(one on the road)is more then most of the other pernial power house programs do.I don't doubt the SEC is the best conference but some of the better teams in that conference have schedules that make me sick.IMO teams that are division 1(or what ever they call it now)should only play other division 1 teams.I don't see what good comes from beatings like Youngstown St. took when they played OSU, do for either school.

GAC
10-27-2009, 07:33 PM
New Mexico State @ Ohio State .... not even going to waste my time watching this one.

Purdue @ Wisconsin... IMO, should be a good one. I wanted to pick Purdue, but gave the nod to Wisconsin because it's a home game. May regret this. ;)

Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois
Michigan State@ Minnesota

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon.... rootin' for the Ducks, but don't think it's gonna happen. McKnight and Bradford will be too much for the Ducks to handle.

Georgia @ #1 Florida

HeatherC1212
10-27-2009, 09:43 PM
BIG TEN

Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon (I'm rooting for Oregon too though!)
Georgia @ #1 Florida

Spring~Fields
10-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Purdue @ Wisconsin... IMO, should be a good one. I wanted to pick Purdue, but gave the nod to Wisconsin because it's a home game. May regret this. ;)

Yeah, I too thought that one was kind of shakey. Won't be a shock if we miss that one, the rest of the Big Ten should be good to go though.

Danny Serafini
10-28-2009, 09:44 AM
WEEK 9 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon
Georgia @ #1 Florida

kaldaniels
10-28-2009, 02:28 PM
WEEK 9 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon
Georgia @ #1 Florida

OUReds
10-28-2009, 03:59 PM
BIG TEN

Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon
Georgia @ #1 Florida

GAC
10-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I too thought that one was kind of shakey. Won't be a shock if we miss that one, the rest of the Big Ten should be good to go though.

I actually have this sinking feeling that Purdue is gonna win this game. But I'm stickin' with the Badgers. I guess this is a situation where my "intuition" is trying to influence what the numbers say.... and I'm not listening. But hey! I've been burned by my intuition before. ;)

HeatherC1212
10-28-2009, 09:12 PM
I actually have this sinking feeling that Purdue is gonna win this game. But I'm stickin' with the Badgers. I guess this is a situation where my "intuition" is trying to influence what the numbers say.... and I'm not listening. But hey! I've been burned by my intuition before. ;)

I think this game could easily go either way but I gave the Badgers the edge since they're playing at home. If the game were at Purdue I would have voted for them instead. I got burned on a couple of games where I picked the visiting team to win earlier this year so I'm leary of doing that again, LOL :laugh:

OSUredsFAN
10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
WEEK 9 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

New Mexico State @ The Ohio State University
Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon
Georgia @ #1 Florida

Buckeye33
10-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Purdue @ Wisconsin
Indiana @ Iowa
Michigan @ Illinois

GAC's SIX

#7 USC @ #11 Oregon
Georgia @ #1 Florida

Revering4Blue
10-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Iowa
Michigan
Penn State
Michigan State

Texas
Oregon
S.Carolina
Florida
Miami(Fla)
WVU

Spring~Fields
10-29-2009, 11:04 PM

I have the same feeling. Actually I have logged in here twice to change it, but I am not going to, first thoughts vs intuition, I will stick with first thought.

My intuition often forgets who it is suppose to be working for, I have had to remind it more than once it was suppose to be on my side. :bang:

Spring~Fields
10-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Big Ten Box Scores
Saturday, Oct 31

Purdue 0
Wisconsin 37

New Mexico St. 0
Ohio St. 45 :redface: For Goliath picking on the little guys.

Indiana 24
Iowa 42

Michigan 13
Illinois 38 :redface:

Penn St. 34
Northwestern 13

Michigan St. 34
Minnesota 42 :redface:

So much for intuition and homework, back to the drawing boards. :all_cohol:oops:

GAC
11-01-2009, 10:02 AM
I think a bunch of us are going to get nailed in the Big 10 schedule this week. :lol:

That Wisconsin-Purdue game was something else. Wow! Expected the Badgers to win, but not a blow-out! And poor Indiana. Thought they had a good chance at the upset. The game was a lot closer then the final score. And I never thought Illinois would hammer Michigan like that. Geez!

redsfanmia
11-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I think a bunch of us are going to get nailed in the Big 10 schedule this week. :lol:

That Wisconsin-Purdue game was something else. Wow! Expected the Badgers to win, but not a blow-out! And poor Indiana. Thought they had a good chance at the upset. The game was a lot closer then the final score. And I never thought Illinois would hammer Michigan like that. Geez!

The Indiana game was one of the worst officiated games I have seen in a while.

GAC
11-01-2009, 10:24 AM

I definitely agree with you there.

GAC
11-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Well.... a vast majority went 4-2 in both schedules. There were a couple that went 5-1. But the same games, pretty much, tripped us all up..... Michigan-Illinois and Michigan State-Minnesota.

In the other, it was mainly USC-Oregon and W. Virginia-S. Florida

WEEK #9 STANDINGS

BIG TEN

kaldaniels 56-10 .848
GAC 55-12 .820
HeatherC1212 55-12
cumberlandreds 55-12
Spring~Fields 53-14 .791
BaseClogger 53-14
Danny Serafini 53-14
Revering4Blue 44-12 .785
OnBaseMachine 52-15 .776
Captain Hook 47-14 .770
OSUredsFan 43-14 .754
Buckeye33 50-17 .746
OUReds 49-18 .731
BuckeyeRed27 49-18
Hoosier Red 36-14 .720
IowaRed 37-20 .649
cincrazy 21-12 .636

GAC'S FIVE

Revering4Blue 35-11 .760
cumberlandreds 36-15 .705
Buckeye33 36-15
IowaRed 32-14 .695
Danny Serafini 34-17 .666
OUReds 34-17
BaseClogger 33-17 .660
GAC 32-19 .627
HeatherC1212 32-19
OnBaseMachine 30-21 .588
kaldaniels 30-21
BuckeyeRed27 30-21
OSUredsFAN 27-19 .586
Captain Hook 25-19 .568
Hoosier Red 17-14 .548
cincrazy 10-10 .500

GAC
11-01-2009, 10:46 AM
WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana
W. Michigan @ Michigan State
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
Ohio State @ Penn State

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama
Navy @ #23 Notre Dame
Oregon State @ #24 California
Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

OnBaseMachine
11-01-2009, 11:38 AM

Yep. Those refs should be embarrassed.

OnBaseMachine
11-01-2009, 11:40 AM
WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin
Michigan State
Michigan
Minnesota
Iowa
Ohio State

GAC's SIX

#2 Alabama
#23 Notre Dame
#24 California
Fresno State
Oklahoma
Florida State

redsfanmia
11-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Yep. Those refs should be embarrassed.

They should be suspended atleast or fired at worst.

*BaseClogger*
11-01-2009, 01:09 PM
WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
Ohio State @ Penn State

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama
Navy @ #23 Notre Dame
Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

Spring~Fields
11-01-2009, 01:17 PM

And others and I complain about Ohio State and Jim Tressel? I was ready to fire the Michigan coaches, yeah, like I have something to say about it.

No way the Michigan programs should be struggling like they have. Next time a fire Tressel thread comes up I am going to respond, "what about Michigans teams"? I use to laugh at them losing, not anymore, I feel bad for them and the Big Ten.

Spring~Fields
11-01-2009, 01:27 PM

I am waiting until you pick this week. I am starting to get an OPS that only Dusty Baker could love, :rolleyes: and you will have to go play for Boston or the Yankees with that percentage that you have. :dunno:

IowaRed
11-02-2009, 08:35 AM
BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
Ohio State @ Penn State

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama
Navy @ #23 Notre Dame
Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

kaldaniels
11-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Well.... a vast majority went 4-2 in both schedules. There were a couple that went 5-1. But the same games, pretty much, tripped us all up..... Michigan-Illinois and Michigan State-Minnesota.

In the other, it was mainly USC-Oregon and W. Virginia-S. Florida

WEEK #9 STANDINGS

BIG TEN

kaldaniels 56-10 .848
GAC 55-12 .820
HeatherC1212 55-12
cumberlandreds 55-12
Spring~Fields 53-14 .791
BaseClogger 53-14
Danny Serafini 53-14
Revering4Blue 44-12 .785
OnBaseMachine 52-15 .776
Captain Hook 47-14 .770
OSUredsFan 43-14 .754
Buckeye33 50-17 .746
OUReds 49-18 .731
BuckeyeRed27 49-18
Hoosier Red 36-14 .720
IowaRed 37-20 .649
cincrazy 21-12 .636

GAC'S FIVE

Revering4Blue 35-11 .760
Buckeye33 36-15
IowaRed 32-14 .695
OUReds 34-17
BaseClogger 33-17 .660
GAC 32-19 .627
HeatherC1212 32-19
OnBaseMachine 30-21 .588
kaldaniels 30-21
BuckeyeRed27 30-21
OSUredsFAN 27-19 .586
Captain Hook 25-19 .568
Hoosier Red 17-14 .548
cincrazy 10-10 .500

You are getting too close GAC...so I'm gonna have to call in the fact I was slighted out of a win for the week of Oct. 10. I went 7-0 yet only 6 wins were added to my tally. :D

Thanks again for doing this. :beerme:

Spring~Fields
11-02-2009, 10:47 AM
You are getting too close GAC...so I'm gonna have to call in the fact I was slighted out of a win for the week of Oct. 10. I went 7-0 yet only 6 wins were added to my tally. :D

Is it true that GAC is giving away some of his favorite Dusty Baker personalized autographed pictures, t-shirts, baseballs and jackets to the top five finalist this year?

BuckeyeRed27
11-02-2009, 12:51 PM
WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
Ohio State @ Penn State

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama
Navy @ #23 Notre Dame
Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

GAC
11-03-2009, 06:29 AM

Hey! I enjoy doing this.

You're right. I went back and looked at that Week 6 in the Big 10, and I only credited you with 6 wins. So I corrected it. Last week I noticed that your total, because there have been 67 Big Ten games, was one off and only 66; but I thought you were one of those that didn't get a Thursday game in in time for it to count, and that's where it came from. So that's why I didn't pay it no never mind.

Again to all: Double check me on your personal record and tally, and don't be afraid to correct me if I get it wrong. You're trusting a guy who has to take his shoes off to do math. ;)

Here are the new revised standings...

WEEK #9 STANDINGS

BIG TEN

kaldaniels 57-10 .850
GAC 55-12 .820
HeatherC1212 55-12
cumberlandreds 55-12
Spring~Fields 53-14 .791
BaseClogger 53-14
Danny Serafini 53-14
Revering4Blue 44-12 .785
OnBaseMachine 52-15 .776
Captain Hook 47-14 .770
OSUredsFan 43-14 .754
Buckeye33 50-17 .746
OUReds 49-18 .731
BuckeyeRed27 49-18
Hoosier Red 36-14 .720
IowaRed 37-20 .649
cincrazy 21-12 .636

GAC'S FIVE

Revering4Blue 35-11 .760
Buckeye33 36-15
IowaRed 32-14 .695
OUReds 34-17
BaseClogger 33-17 .660
GAC 32-19 .627
HeatherC1212 32-19
OnBaseMachine 30-21 .588
kaldaniels 30-21
BuckeyeRed27 30-21
OSUredsFAN 27-19 .586
Captain Hook 25-19 .568
Hoosier Red 17-14 .548
cincrazy 10-10 .500

GAC
11-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Is it true that GAC is giving away some of his favorite Dusty Baker personalized autographed pictures, t-shirts, baseballs and jackets to the top five finalist this year?

I save those for my annual Fall bonfire when we burn leaves. Makes for good kindling.

GAC
11-03-2009, 08:08 AM
BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana

Purdue @ Michigan.... I really have no idea who is going to win this game. Both teams getting routed last week really threw me. Especially lowly Illinois routing Michigan. Michigan's pass defense stinks. QB Joey Elliott, who is near the top in the conference in passing yards/total offense had the worst start of his career last week. Which Joey is going to show up? Of course his receivers didn't help him either, dropping six passes, but they've been doing that all year, so why would that change this week? And Wisconsin ran right over top of Purdue, racking up 266 yds rushing, and Michigan has the #1 rushing offense in the conference. What has hurt these two teams is that they are #1 and #2 in the conference in turning the ball over.

:dunno: Going with Michigan

Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa

Ohio State @ Penn State.... I gotta go for the win if I have any chance of catching kaldaniels. ;) They have split the last 4 meetings. PSU won in Columbus last year, and we routed them in Happy Valley in 2007. But this ain't the same OSU team either. I love, after two games in which Pryor faced over-matched opponents in Toledo and N. Mexico State, the headlines were "Pryor Silences Critics". I like the kid, but that's not a convincing argument IMO. You got the conference's top two defense's going at each other. Both QB's have shown their inconsistency this year. PSU will do what previous teams have done.... stack the line, stop our running game (mainly Pryor), pressure Pryor, and make one of the worst passing offenses beat us. It SHOULD be a low scoring affair, unless Tressel decides to pull out his "bag of tricks", which would be completely in opposition with his philosophy of field position, ball control, clock management, and special teams.

Prove me wrong Jim Tressel!

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama.... gonna be a defensive battle for sure. Alabama ended a five-game losing streak to LSU last season, winning 27-21 in OT. But the Crimson Tide hasn't won on its home field against its Southeastern Conference rival since 1999. The Tigers have won five of their last six. But I like Tide RB Ingram.

Navy @ #23 Notre Dame.... rootin' for my alma mater Navy, but I have to go with Notre Dame.

Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

cumberlandreds
11-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Here are the winners for this week:

WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin
Michigan State
Michigan
Minnesota
Iowa
Penn State

GAC's SIX

#2 Alabama
#23 Notre Dame
#24 California
Fresno State
Oklahoma
Clemson

Spring~Fields
11-03-2009, 10:35 AM
WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
Ohio State @ Penn State

Finally, Ohio States season begins, practice is over.

Sat, Nov 7 at (11) Penn State 3:30 pm
Sat, Nov 14 (7) Iowa 3:30 pm
Sat, Nov 21 at Michigan TBA

Spring~Fields
11-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I save those for my annual Fall bonfire when we burn leaves. Makes for good kindling.

:bowrofl:

OSUredsFAN
11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
The Ohio State University @ Penn State

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama
Navy @ #23 Notre Dame
Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

HeatherC1212
11-03-2009, 09:43 PM
WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
The Ohio State University @ Penn State

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama
Navy @ #23 Notre Dame
Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

kaldaniels
11-04-2009, 05:01 PM
WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
Ohio State @ Penn State

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama
Navy @ #23 Notre Dame
Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

GuitarCrazyo
11-05-2009, 11:35 AM
why is the first post displaying as the 8th post?

When I hover the mouse over the thread title I get text from post 8, not post 1, and post 1 is also a

Danny Serafini
11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
Ohio State @ Penn State

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama
Navy @ #23 Notre Dame
Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

Revering4Blue
11-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Michigan
Minnesota
Iowa
Penn State

Alabama
Notre Dame
Cal
Fresno State
Oklahoma
Clemson

Buckeye33
11-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Wisconsin @ Indiana
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
Ohio State @ Penn State

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama
Navy @ #23 Notre Dame
Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

OUReds
11-06-2009, 09:06 PM
WEEK #10 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Wisconsin @ Indiana
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
Ohio State @ Penn State

GAC's SIX

#9 LSU @ #2 Alabama
Navy @ #23 Notre Dame
Fresno State @ Idaho
Oklahoma @ Nebraska
Florida State @ Clemson

SunDeck
11-07-2009, 07:43 AM
I'll be at the IU game this weekend with the cub scouts.
Looking forward to another great IU three quarter effort!

DTCromer
11-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Good lord, is Iowa the worst undefeated team ever?

Will one of you Big 10 teams beat them and put them out of their misery?

GAC
11-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Well.... I don't know of anyone that picked the Wildcats in that game vs Iowa. And they did it at Iowa. Geez!

And I am really tired of listening to Mark May. That guy salivates at any opportunity to rag on the Big 10, and especially Ohio State. For once I actually agreed with Holtz's assessment of this year's OSU team, and that the entirety of their problems can be found in an uncharacteristically weak O-line.

And only a couple picked Illinois to beat the Gophers. Which they did 35-32. And Purdue edges the Wolverines 38-36. The Hoosiers put up another valiant fight, but fell short to the Badgers 31-28.

Darn! If the Bucks win, both kaldaniels and myself will suffer a 4 loss week in the Big 10. That wasn't in my plans.

GAC
11-07-2009, 04:21 PM
That's bull crap! That was not a PSU TD on the 4th and goal attempt.

7-7 game now.

GAC
11-07-2009, 04:53 PM
I don't know about these refs in this OSU game. Geez!

And that Oregon-Sanford game is simply ridiculous. 31-14 Stanford towards the end of the 2nd quarter.

jimbo
11-07-2009, 04:58 PM
That's bull crap! That was not a PSU TD on the 4th and goal attempt.

7-7 game now.

I don't think it was either, but they made the right call by not reversing it. The ball clearly did not break the plane the first attempt, but you couldn't determine it if did the second time.

It was going to stand however it was called on the field. Unfortunately for the Buckeyes, I think it was incorrectly called on the field.

jimbo
11-07-2009, 05:01 PM
What really ticks me off about the end of this half is that the Buckeyes basically didn't even try to make anything happen on their last possession. They might as well have just taken a knee.

Penn St. on the other end, is trying.

Tressel ball at it's finest.

Edit: I meant to say the second to last possession for the Buckeyes.

Spring~Fields
11-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Well.... I don't know of anyone that picked the Wildcats in that game vs Iowa. And they did it at Iowa. Geez!

Yeah but didn't Iowa lose their starting QB to injury before the end of the first half? If I am right, that hurt them. Maybe you should just throw out the Iowa game. :evil: simply altruistic reasons on my part :evil:

GAC
11-07-2009, 06:25 PM
For me watching, this has been the most impressive Buckeye game this year. The defense, especially Heyward, has had a monster game. The defense's pursuit to the ball (speed] has been extraordinary.

24-7 Buckeyes under 8 minutes to go in game.

I'm looking at my Big 10 picks, as well as GAC's SIX, and yours truly is gonna get nailed this week.

But it looks like our Buckeyes are gonna win, and that sets up a showdown with Iowa in Columbus next week.

So, all is good.

jimbo
11-07-2009, 06:26 PM
For me watching, this has been the most impressive Buckeye game this year. The defense, especially Heyward, has had a monster game.

24-7 Buckeyes under 8 minutes to go in game.

And the offensive line is actually giving Pryor some protection.

GAC
11-07-2009, 06:36 PM
And the offensive line is actually giving Pryor some protection.

Was going to edit my previous post and mention that. They have played well vs the conference's #1 defense.

Spring~Fields
11-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Big Ten Box Scores
Saturday, Nov 7

Wisconsin 31
Indiana 28

W. Michigan 14
Michigan St. 49

Illinois 35
Minnesota 32

Purdue 38
Michigan 36

Northwestern 17
Iowa 10

Ohio St. 24
Penn St. 7

Spring~Fields
11-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Ohio State @ Penn State.... I gotta go for the win if I have any chance of catching kaldaniels. ;) They have split the last 4 meetings. PSU won in Columbus last year, and we routed them in Happy Valley in 2007. But this ain't the same OSU team either. I love, after two games in which Pryor faced over-matched opponents in Toledo and N. Mexico State, the headlines were "Pryor Silences Critics". I like the kid, but that's not a convincing argument IMO. You got the conference's top two defense's going at each other. Both QB's have shown their inconsistency this year. PSU will do what previous teams have done.... stack the line, stop our running game (mainly Pryor), pressure Pryor, and make one of the worst passing offenses beat us. It SHOULD be a low scoring affair, unless Tressel decides to pull out his "bag of tricks", which would be completely in opposition with his philosophy of field position, ball control, clock management, and special teams.

Prove me wrong Jim Tressel!

:oops:

Purdue @ Michigan
Going with Michigan
Illinois @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Iowa
Ohio State @ Penn State

Gee Greg, I wasn't going to say anything, but, it looks like the bear got you. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzSfCv3u3d0

OSUredsFAN
11-07-2009, 07:53 PM
What really ticks me off about the end of this half is that the Buckeyes basically didn't even try to make anything happen on their last possession. They might as well have just taken a knee.

Penn St. on the other end, is trying.

Tressel ball at it's finest.

Edit: I meant to say the second to last possession for the Buckeyes.

Yes it is! give me a 91-21 record any day of the week!

Spring~Fields
11-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah but didn't Iowa lose their starting QB to injury before the end of the first half? If I am right, that hurt them.

Stanzi was knocked out of the game with an ankle injury in the second quarter on the play in which Thomas scored the Wildcats’ first touchdown.

“Anytime you lose your quarterback, that’s not good,” Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said.

Ferentz said that while preliminary X-rays on Stanzi’s ankle were negative, he’ll likely be out the next couple of weeks. That’s not a good sign for the Hawkeyes heading into next week’s game against Ohio State in Columbus. Iowa finishes up at home against Minnesota.

“Right now we just have to take the approach that he won’t go, and if he does that’s a bonus,” Ferentz said.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200911070028

traderumor
11-07-2009, 08:58 PM
That's too bad that OSU doesn't get to expose the Hawkeyes with Stanzi. They have to be one of the worst to make it this far undefeated from a major conference in quite some time.

GAC
11-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Gee Greg, I wasn't going to say anything, but, it looks like the bear got you. :eek:

I think the bear is gonna get a lot of us this week. And that includes in the national polls. Gonna be a whole lot a shakin' goin' on.

GAC
11-08-2009, 06:24 AM
How did that old Carole King song go?...... I feel the earth move under my feet. I feel the sky tumblin' down, a tumblin' down, a tumblin' doooooooown"

In the BIG TEN, there were 4 people above .500 in their picks. so CONGRATS to....

Springfields went 5-1 (that dart board and blindfold must be startin' to pay off for ya buddy!)
IowaRed, BuckeyeRed27, and Buckeye33 went 4-2

4 went .500, and 5 went 2-4. And our two wins were the first two games in the standings-Wisconsin and Michigan State. After that, it was all downhill. :lol:

In GAC's FIVE, we ALL did far worse. Only one person finished above .500, so CONGRATS to BuckeyeRed27 who went 4-2.

11 people went .500, and 3 were under .500.

Overall - not a good week for most.

WEEK #10 STANDINGS

BIG TEN

kaldaniels 59-14 .808
HeatherC1212 58-15 .794
Spring~Fields 58-15
GAC 57-16 .780
cumberlandreds 57-16
Captain Hook 47-14 .770
Danny Serafini 56-17 .767
BaseClogger 55-18 .753
OnBaseMachine 55-18
Revering4Blue 46-16 .741
Buckeye33 54-19 .739
OSUredsFan 46-17 .730
BuckeyeRed27 53-20 .726
Hoosier Red 36-14 .720
OUReds 52-21 .712
IowaRed 41-22 .650

GAC'S FIVE

Revering4Blue 38-14 .730
cumberlandreds 39-18 .684
Buckeye33 39-18
IowaRed 35-17 .673
Danny Serafini 37-20 .649
OUReds 37-20
BaseClogger 36-20 .642
GAC 35-22 .614
HeatherC1212 35-22
BuckeyeRed27 34-23 .596
kaldaniels 33-24 .578
Captain Hook 25-19 .568
OnBaseMachine 32-25 .561
OSUredsFAN 29-23 .557

GAC
11-08-2009, 07:12 AM
WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
S. Dakota State @ Minnesota
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #? Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

W. Virginia @ #5 Cincinnati FRIDAY NIGHT GAME
#1 Florida @ S. Carolina
Stanford @ #12 USC
#14 Utah @ #6 TCU
Texas Tech @ #19 Oklahoma State
Idaho @ #7 Boise State

Spring~Fields
11-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Springfields went 5-1 (that dart board and blindfold must be startin' to pay off for ya buddy!)

:clap::clap::lol::lol:

Not at all, not at all, I used a much more complexed and in depth method this week.

I used the blind squirrel/blind hog methodology of analysis this past week and it seemed to work out well.

The hog and squirrel discussed it and seemed to think that Illinois, Purdue, and Ohio State had shown some improvement while their competition was still looking to find their acorns. Unfortunately that intuitive spirit failed to mention or foresee a QB injury to the Iowa team.

First time in over eight years of us posting on this board where I teased or kidded you and that it did not backfire on me.
I don’t know how to act. :roll:

HeatherC1212
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
WOO HOO!! I went 3-3 in the Big Ten picks which is better than I thought it would be after the insanity of the Big Ten this weekend, LOL :laugh: :eek:

Spring~Fields
11-08-2009, 10:04 PM
WOO HOO!! I went 3-3 in the Big Ten picks which is better than I thought it would be after the insanity of the Big Ten this weekend, LOL :laugh: :eek:

You did well again. It was a bizarre week for several of those teams. Only reason I escaped was because of some intuitive thought that for once allowed me to scrape by. Normally I don't interpret those so well, then a little voice sitting on my shoulder says to me "dummy" in after thought, after it dawns on me :)

Spring~Fields
11-08-2009, 10:24 PM
WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
Iowa @ Ohio State

I wonder if the bear will overlook me again this week, maybe he thinks GAC is more tasty. Yeah right, probably my turn to be bear bait. :all_cohol

I don't like the Illinois/Northwestern or Michigan State/Purdue games.

IowaRed
11-08-2009, 10:25 PM
BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #? Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

#1 Florida @ S. Carolina
Stanford @ #12 USC
#14 Utah @ #6 TCU
Idaho @ #7 Boise State

OSUredsFAN
11-08-2009, 11:01 PM

yeah me too. After this weekend, I'll take a 3-3 and run with that.

cumberlandreds
11-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Here are this weeks winners:

BIG TEN

Penn State
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Michigan State
Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

Cincinnati
Florida
USC
TCU
Oklahoma State
Boise State

BuckeyeRed27
11-09-2009, 03:52 PM
WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #? Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

W. Virginia @ #5 Cincinnati
#1 Florida @ S. Carolina
Stanford @ #12 USC
#14 Utah @ #6 TCU
Idaho @ #7 Boise State

GAC
11-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I don't like the Illinois/Northwestern or Michigan State/Purdue games.

In the Big 10, I've come to realize that any team, regardless of how good they are, or are suppose to be, can be beat by anyone within that conference.

And I don't know if it's from parity or sucktitude.

Illinois has made a surge, winning their last two games; but Juice left this past week's game with a leg injury, and we don't know if he'll play vs the Wildcats. Northwestern looked good in beating Iowa, but it helped that Iowa's QB went down, and wasn't in the game for the second half, or it could have been a different outcome, and another Iowa squeaker win.

These are games, just like last week, that can go either way.

Spring~Fields
11-09-2009, 08:06 PM
In the Big 10, I've come to realize that any team, regardless of how good they are, or are suppose to be, can be beat by anyone within that conference.

And I don't know if it's from parity or sucktitude.

Illinois has made a surge, winning their last two games; but Juice left this past week's game with a leg injury, and we don't know if he'll play vs the Wildcats. Northwestern looked good in beating Iowa, but it helped that Iowa's QB went down, and wasn't in the game for the second half, or it could have been a different outcome, and another Iowa squeaker win.

These are games, just like last week, that can go either way.

I don't think it is parity :) might be poor preparation and execution on a consistent basis. Most of the teams don't have a good defense, sure Ohio State does, not great, but good.

I saw the Northwestern and Iowa game at the gym. Along with Ohio States game. Northwestern wasn't doing anything against Iowa, other than that early stuff. Problem with Iowa was their offense had nothing in their backup QB he could not hit open receivers, like inexperienced or young QB's do. So Iowa could not get anything going to make up that small difference after their QB went down.

I did not know that Juice was injured too. I have noticed that Illinois must have made some adjustments as they seemed to be playing better. But if he is out, what do they have?

QB Juice Williams made his 42nd career start, but injured his left ankle late in the first quarter when he was bent awkwardly on a running play. Williams didn’t return as he needed crutches and a walking boot in order to hang out on the sidelines. It’s too soon to know if he’ll be available to go on Saturday against Northwestern.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=teamreports-2009-ncaaf-iic&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report

• QB Dan Persa injured his throwing hand late in the third quarter when he smacked it on blitzing linebacker Pat Angerer’s helmet while following through on a pass. Persa missed the rest of the game and required X-rays, but results weren’t available.

• QB Mike Kafka (left hamstring) started and shared the first-half snaps with backup Dan Persa. The latter handled the third quarter and might have played the rest of the way if he hadn’t injured his right hand. Kafka didn’t appear to injure his hamstring any further, which suggests he should be able to play more this week at Illinois.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=teamreports-2009-ncaaf-nnv&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report

I think these two can go either way:
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue

I am hoping that Purdue has some sort of let down after their celebrated victory over a struggling Michigan team.

But I think the rest of the Big Ten are locks. I would be shocked if Ohio State lost to Iowa regardless of who starts at QB for Iowa unless Pryor has a relapse, which he can.

GAC
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
But I think the rest of the Big Ten are locks.

You silly, silly boy! Haven't I taught you anything? There aren't any locks in the Big 10. It should have been a LOCK for OSU to beat Purdue. There were several locks these past several weeks in the Big 10 that caught us all nappin'. ;)

Yeah - with Iowa minus their QB, OSU should win quite easily IMO. If Juice can't play, then advantage the Wildcats. That MIchigan State @ Purdue could be a tough one.

http://themindperspective.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/thinking-cap.jpg

Spring~Fields
11-10-2009, 10:49 AM
You silly, silly boy! Haven't I taught you anything? There aren't any locks in the Big 10. It should have been a LOCK for OSU to beat Purdue. There were several locks these past several weeks in the Big 10 that caught us all nappin'. ;)

You mean caught you napping don't you? :sleep: :welcome:

Yeah - with Iowa minus their QB, OSU should win quite easily IMO. If Juice can't play, then advantage the Wildcats. That MIchigan State @ Purdue could be a tough one.

Yupp!!!

OSUredsFAN
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #11 The Ohio State University

GAC'S SIX

#1 Florida @ S. Carolina
Stanford @ #12 USC
#14 Utah @ #6 TCU
Idaho @ #7 Boise State

OnBaseMachine
11-10-2009, 07:37 PM
WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Penn State
#21 Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Purdue
#11 Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

#5 Cincinnati
#1 Florida
#12 USC
#6 TCU
#19 Oklahoma State
#7 Boise State

GAC
11-11-2009, 07:08 AM
BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #11 Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

#1 Florida @ S. Carolina
Stanford @ #12 USC
#14 Utah @ #6 TCU
Idaho @ #7 Boise State

Danny Serafini
11-11-2009, 10:24 AM
WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #? Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

#1 Florida @ S. Carolina
Stanford @ #12 USC
#14 Utah @ #6 TCU
Idaho @ #7 Boise State

kaldaniels
11-11-2009, 03:43 PM
WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #? Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

#1 Florida @ S. Carolina
Stanford @ #12 USC
#14 Utah @ #6 TCU
Idaho @ #7 Boise State

HeatherC1212
11-11-2009, 08:15 PM
WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois (Basing this on Juice not playing)
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #? Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

#1 Florida @ S. Carolina
Stanford @ #12 USC (Just a hunch on my part)
#14 Utah @ #6 TCU
Idaho @ #7 Boise State

kaldaniels
11-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Am I missing something...whats up with the Idaho love the past few weeks in GAC's pick'em games?

Spring~Fields
11-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Am I missing something...whats up with the Idaho love the past few weeks in GAC's pick'em games?

You have to understand, GAC is getting up there in years, and he does a lot of Idaho potatoes, mashed potatoes that is, along with milk & crackers and pureed road kill. It's something that he is trying to deal with. :cool: Before "father time" GAC was.

Buckeye33
11-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #? Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

#1 Florida @ S. Carolina
Stanford @ #12 USC
#14 Utah @ #6 TCU
Idaho @ #7 Boise State

Revering4Blue
11-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Penn State
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Purdue
Ohio State

Cincinnati
Florida
USC
TCU
Oklahoma State
Boise State

*BaseClogger*
11-13-2009, 02:29 AM
WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #? Ohio State

GAC'S SIX

#1 Florida @ S. Carolina
Stanford @ #12 USC
#14 Utah @ #6 TCU
Idaho @ #7 Boise State

HeatherC1212
11-14-2009, 06:46 PM
I see the Buckeyes decided to give me heart failure today just like the Bearcats did last night. :eek: I'm glad the Bucks won but was this game really that close between the teams? I wasn't home for most of it so I have no clue how the teams played overall. It sounds like it was a hard fought game between two tough teams and I'm VERY happy for that young kicker to have hit that final field goal! GO BUCKS!!! :jump:

Hey, my hunch was just proven right! Stanford takes down USC and the score wasn't even close (44-21 or something like that). GO ME!!! :laugh: ;)

Spring~Fields
11-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Big Ten Box Scores
Saturday, Nov 14

Indiana 20
Penn St. 31

South Dakota St. 13
Minnesota 16

Michigan St. 40
Purdue 37

Northwestern 21
Illinois 16

Michigan 24
Wisconsin 45

Iowa 24
Ohio St. 27

GAC
11-14-2009, 07:22 PM

I like potatoes :p:

Spring~Fields
11-14-2009, 07:27 PM
I see the Buckeyes decided to give me heart failure today just like the Bearcats did last night.

I thought they had it put away and all of a sudden they turned up the stress meter. Shhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooo!!!! insert sweating bullets icon here.

GAC
11-14-2009, 07:30 PM
I really don't know what to say about that OSU game. I was at my brothers watching, and in the second half we were almost ready to start rootin' for Iowa. We were doing as lot of yelling at inanimate objects in the house.

Jim Tressel - you are so predictable man! And as far as I'm concerned, even though you won by the hair of your chinny chin chin, you were once again out coached.

And to young Mr Vandenberg - you played one heck of a game kid. Especially in the 2nd half.

The Michigan State-Purdue game was a good one. I actually called the final score at my brothers at halftime. The way these two offenses were having their way, I told my brother the final will be 40-37. Of course I didn't say who would end up with what though. ;)

And whats up with Minnesota? Geez!

The other highlight of my afternoon was seeing USC get their butts beat by Stanford.

Gee, lets see - that ought to drop USC from 9th to 10th. ;)

Spring~Fields
11-14-2009, 07:34 PM
And to young Mr Vandenberg - you played one heck of a game kid. Especially in the 2nd half.

That youngman did a fine job.

USC lose again? Just can't trust those polls.
What is that two or three they lost?

GAC
11-14-2009, 07:37 PM
That youngman did a fine job.

USC lose again?

They didn't just lose. They got their BUTTS KICKED 55-21 by a good team, but still unranked.

GAC
11-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Went 6-0 in the Big 10 this week. I needed that bad.

And so far I'm 4-0 in the other. C'mon TCU and Oklahoma State!!!

Is Charlie Weis' job on the line after they lose to Pitt tonight? ;)

Spring~Fields
11-14-2009, 07:45 PM
BIG TEN

Indiana @ Penn State
Michigan @ #21 Wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Michigan State @ Purdue
#? Iowa @ #11 Ohio State

Ut Oh, ...............:)

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:g0wG16e1KXIKXM:http://blindsquirrelproduction.com/blindsquirrel.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QEW5mSFxUcaIaM:http://www.blind-hog.com/BlindHog.bmp

Spring~Fields
11-14-2009, 07:52 PM
They didn't just lose. They got their BUTTS KICKED 55-21 by a good team, but still unranked.

I remember that you had said that you had thought that Stanford was a good team.

I hope the rest work out for you, it is a lot fun when getting them all right. :thumbup:

MWM
11-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Pryor actually looked like a real QB today. Best he's looked yet in the passing game. This is the first time I've actually seen improvement. Now, I don't know if it's because they finally let him pass or if he actually has gotten better. Either way, it's encouraging. All he ever needs is for the defense to have to respect the pass and he will become a major force. If he doesn't, he'll be a huge disappointment.

kaldaniels
11-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Pryor actually looked like a real QB today. Best he's looked yet in the passing game. This is the first time I've actually seen improvement. Now, I don't know if it's because they finally let him pass or if he actually has gotten better. Either way, it's encouraging. All he ever needs is for the defense to have to respect the pass and he will become a major force. If he doesn't, he'll be a huge disappointment.

So is Pryor gone after next year, or does he lack the polish to be a top round NFL pick?

MWM
11-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, I kind of hope he's gone after next year only because that means he had a huge year and Ohio State had a great year. But that's highly unlikely. As much as he's been compared to Vince Young, it will be Young's NFL career that will really hurt Pryor if he ever does get much better. But he's too far off now to think he has much chance of being close to ready for the NFL after next season.

HeatherC1212
11-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Went 6-0 in the Big 10 this week. I needed that bad.

And so far I'm 4-0 in the other. C'mon TCU and Oklahoma State!!!

Is Charlie Weis' job on the line after they lose to Pitt tonight? ;)

I guess I'm in good company then since I also went 6-0 in the Big Ten and am very close to going 6-0 on the special picks. Don't get too cocky there mister, LOL ;) :p: :cool:

DTCromer
11-15-2009, 02:19 AM
So is Pryor gone after next year, or does he lack the polish to be a top round NFL pick?

lulz

GAC
11-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Much better week for most if us (compared to last anyway).

CONGRATULATIONS TO....

Heather and yours truly for going a perfect 12-0 this week. [Heather - you're not allowed to sit behind me this week because I think you're peeking over my shoulder] ;)

BuckeyeRed27 went 6-0 in the Big 10, and Buckeye33 went 6-0 in GAC's SIX.

Alot of 4-2's in the Big 10 (there were a couple 5-1's), and everyone of those two losses were the MSU-Purdue and Northwestern-Illinois games.

In GAC's Six, the USC loss got a majority, but "Hey!", you all can't be perfect pigskin prognosticators (try saying that three times fast) like Heather and I. ;)

I'll shut up know, because I'm probably setting myself up next week to get screwed!

WEEK #11 STANDINGS

BIG TEN

kaldaniels 64-15 .810
HeatherC1212 64-15
Spring~Fields 63-16 .797
GAC 63-16
cumberlandreds 62-17 .784
Captain Hook 47-14 .770
Danny Serafini 60-19 .759
BaseClogger 59-20 .746
Buckeye33 59-20
OnBaseMachine 59-20
BuckeyeRed27 59-20
Revering4Blue 50-18 .735
OSUredsFan 50-19 .724
Hoosier Red 36-14 .720
OUReds 52-21 .712
IowaRed 45-24 .652

GAC'S FIVE

Revering4Blue 43-15 .741
Buckeye33 45-18 .714
cumberlandreds 44-19 .698
IowaRed 39-19 .672
Danny Serafini 42-21 .666
BaseClogger 41-21 .661
GAC 41-22 .650
HeatherC1212 41-22
OUReds 37-20 .649
BuckeyeRed27 39-24 .619
kaldaniels 37-26 .587
OnBaseMachine 37-26
OSUredsFAN 34-24 .586
Captain Hook 25-19 .568

GAC
11-15-2009, 07:15 AM
WEEK #12 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

#? Ohio State @ Michigan [A Michigan win = bowl eligible. Just sayin']
Minnesota @ #? Iowa
#20 Wisconsin @ Northwestern
Purdue @ Indiana
#18 Penn State @ Michigan State

GAC's SIX

#8 LSU @ Mississippi
#13 Oregon @ #17 Arizona
Air Force @ #22 BYU
N. Carolina @ Boston College
Kansas State @ Nebraska [winner wins Big12 North and plays Texas in championship]
California @ Stanford

Spring~Fields
11-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Heather and yours truly for going a perfect 12-0 this week. [Heather - you're not allowed to sit behind me this week because I think you're peeking over my shoulder] ;)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hey great job, really, very nice. That's no easy thing to do!!

HeatherC1212
11-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Much better week for most if us (compared to last anyway).

CONGRATULATIONS TO....

Alot of 4-2's in the Big 10 (there were a couple 5-1's), and everyone of those two losses were the MSU-Purdue and Northwestern-Illinois games.

In GAC's Six, the USC loss got a majority, but "Hey!", you all can't be perfect pigskin prognosticators (try saying that three times fast) like Heather and I. ;)

I'll shut up know, because I'm probably setting myself up next week to get screwed!

WEEK #11 STANDINGS

BIG TEN

HeatherC1212 64-15
GAC 63-16

GAC'S FIVE

GAC 41-22 .650
HeatherC1212 41-22

Actually, if you look at those results, I think you're looking over MY shoulder right now since I'm ahead in the Big Ten and tied with the special picks. I hope you don't mind being beaten by a girl right now, LOL ;) :beerme:

That's pretty cool to get them all right though. :) I just went with my hunches this week and it seems to have worked out. It helps that I usually watch a ton of college football every weekend so I see a lot of teams. I'm out of town this coming weekend so I'll have to get my picks in early. Hopefully I can keep kicking GAC's behind....er, doing well with my picks. :p:

GAC
11-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I hope you don't mind being beaten by a girl right now, LOL ;) :beerme:

Not at all. I've been gettting beaten by one for the last 28 years. :D

HeatherC1212
11-15-2009, 02:24 PM

Hey, good for her! ;) :thumbup: :cool:

Spring~Fields
11-15-2009, 11:16 PM

Did you have to go and motivate her even more? I mean she is beating the dickens out of us now. :lol:

GAC
11-16-2009, 05:05 AM
Did you have to go and motivate her even more? I mean she is beating the dickens out of us now. :lol:

Naw! She's like Tressel - very predictable. I know what's coming at me and when to duck.

cumberlandreds
11-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Congrats to Heather and GAC on perfect weeks! :thumbup:
Here are my winners this week. Can't believe football season is about to wind up.

WEEK #12 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Ohio State
Iowa
Wisconsin
Indiana
Penn State

GAC's SIX

LSU
Oregon
BYU
Boston College
Nebraska [winner wins Big12 North and plays Texas in championship]
Stanford

BuckeyeRed27
11-16-2009, 12:19 PM
WEEK #12 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

#? Ohio State @ Michigan
Minnesota @ #? Iowa
Purdue @ Indiana

GAC's SIX

#8 LSU @ Mississippi
#13 Oregon @ #17 Arizona
Air Force @ #22 BYU
Kansas State @ Nebraska
California @ Stanford

*BaseClogger*
11-16-2009, 07:47 PM
WEEK #12 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Minnesota @ #? Iowa
Purdue @ Indiana

GAC's SIX

#8 LSU @ Mississippi
#13 Oregon @ #17 Arizona
Air Force @ #22 BYU
Kansas State @ Nebraska [winner wins Big12 North and plays Texas in championship]
California @ Stanford

GAC
11-17-2009, 06:13 PM
BIG TEN

#10 Ohio State @ Michigan
Minnesota @ #13 Iowa
#16 Wisconsin @ Northwestern... gonna be a good game IMO. In the end, I think the Badgers running game will wear the Wildcats down.
Purdue @ Indiana....trap game ;)
#18 Penn State @ Michigan State..... don't like this game one bit, and went back and forth on it. I'm calling for the upset. Historically, PSU's defense has not fared well in East Lansing as they've lost 4 of 6 there.

GAC's SIX

#8 LSU @ Mississippi
#13 Oregon @ #17 Arizona
Air Force @ #22 BYU
N. Carolina @ Boston College... tough one here.
Kansas State @ Nebraska... high stakes game.
California @ Stanford

HeatherC1212
11-17-2009, 08:55 PM
BIG TEN

#10 Ohio State @ Michigan :D
Minnesota @ #13 Iowa
#16 Wisconsin @ Northwestern (I agree that this will be a good game)
Purdue @ Indiana (Meh, I'm a little torn on this one but I think Purdue pulls off the win)
#18 Penn State @ Michigan State (Hmmm, not sure about this game. I'm going with PSU to play fired up with a chance to get a good Bowl game on the line for them. I'll probably be wrong but oh well, LOL :laugh: )

GAC's SIX

#8 LSU @ Mississippi
#13 Oregon @ #17 Arizona
Air Force @ #22 BYU
N. Carolina @ Boston College (Going with the home team for this one but it could go either way.)
Kansas State @ Nebraska
California @ Stanford (After the way Stanford has played the last few weeks, this game may be a blowout.)

OSUredsFAN
11-17-2009, 09:18 PM
WEEK #12 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

#9 The Ohio State University @ Michigan
Minnesota @ #15 Iowa
Purdue @ Indiana

GAC's SIX

#8 LSU @ Mississippi
#13 Oregon @ #17 Arizona
Air Force @ #22 BYU
Kansas State @ Nebraska
California @ Stanford

Spring~Fields
11-17-2009, 10:06 PM
WEEK #12 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Ohio State @ Michigan
Minnesota @ Iowa
Wisconsin @ Northwestern
Purdue @ Indiana
Penn State @ Michigan State

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2009, 01:24 AM
WEEK #12 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Ohio State
Iowa
Wisconsin
Indiana
Penn State

GAC's SIX

Mississippi
#13 Oregon
#22 BYU
North Carolina
Nebraska
Stanford

Buckeye33
11-18-2009, 01:27 PM
#? Ohio State @ Michigan
Minnesota @ #? Iowa
Purdue @ Indiana

GAC's SIX

#8 LSU @ Mississippi
#13 Oregon @ #17 Arizona
Air Force @ #22 BYU
Kansas State @ Nebraska
California @ Stanford

Spring~Fields
11-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Purdue @ Indiana....trap game ;)
#18 Penn State @ Michigan State..... don't like this game one bit, and went back and forth on it. I'm calling for the upset. Historically, PSU's defense has not fared well in East Lansing as they've lost 4 of 6 there.

Purdue @ Indiana (Meh, I'm a little torn on this one but I think Purdue pulls off the win)
#18 Penn State @ Michigan State (Hmmm, not sure about this game. I'm going with PSU to play fired up with a chance to get a good Bowl game on the line for them. I'll probably be wrong but oh well, LOL :laugh: )

Hey GAC!! I was just thinking. :sleep:

I was thinking that maybe you and Heather should switch to picks that you are both more comfortable with. You two could take Indiana, and Heather could take Michigan State since both of you seem a bit uneasy. Perhaps even Kal would be more comfortable with those same picks.

Just trying to be neighborly and helpful, you know. :devil:

BIG TEN

kaldaniels 64-15 .810
HeatherC1212 64-15
Spring~Fields 63-16 .797
GAC 63-16
cumberlandreds 62-17 .784

:oops: Where did that come from

IowaRed
11-19-2009, 09:33 AM
BIG TEN

#? Ohio State @ Michigan
Minnesota @ #? Iowa
Purdue @ Indiana

GAC's SIX

#8 LSU @ Mississippi
#13 Oregon @ #17 Arizona
Air Force @ #22 BYU
Kansas State @ Nebraska
California @ Stanford

kaldaniels
11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
WEEK #12 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Minnesota @ #? Iowa
Purdue @ Indiana

GAC's SIX

#8 LSU @ Mississippi
#13 Oregon @ #17 Arizona
Air Force @ #22 BYU
California @ Stanford

Danny Serafini
11-19-2009, 01:29 PM
WEEK #12 SCHEDULE

BIG TEN

Minnesota @ #? Iowa
Purdue @ Indiana

GAC's SIX

#8 LSU @ Mississippi
#13 Oregon @ #17 Arizona
Air Force @ #22 BYU
California @ Stanford

Revering4Blue
11-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Ohio State
Iowa
Wisconsin
Indiana
Michigan State

Mississippi
Oregon
BYU
Boston College
Nebraska
Stanford

Spring~Fields
11-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Big Ten Box Scores
Saturday, Nov 21

Ohio St. 21
Michigan 10

Minnesota 0
Iowa 12

Wisconsin 31
Northwestern 33

Purdue 38
Indiana 21

Penn St. 42
Michigan St. 14

GAC
11-22-2009, 07:08 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO kaldaniels and Heather for winning the BIG TEN.

No perfect scores this week in either bracket. Most (not all though) picked the Badgers to beat Northwestern. And in the other bracket, most (not all) picked LSU to beat Ol' Miss, and Stanford to beat Cal.

NOTE TO ALL: EVEN THOUGH THE BIG TEN IS OVER, I'M GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO GAC'S FIVE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME GOOD GAMES, INCLUDING CHAMPIONSHIPS, COMING UP. I'M ALSO GOING TO WORK SOMETHING UP FOR THE BOWL GAMES TOO.

WEEK #12 STANDINGS

BIG TEN [FINAL]

kaldaniels 68-16 .809
HeatherC1212 68-16 .809
Spring~Fields 67-17 .797
GAC 66-18 .785
cumberlandreds 65-19 .773
Captain Hook 47-14 .770
Danny Serafini 63-21 .750
BaseClogger 63-21
BuckeyeRed27 63-21
Buckeye33 62-22 .738
OnBaseMachine 62-22
Hoosier Red 36-14 .720
OSUredsFan 53-21 .716
Revering4Blue 52-21 .712
OUReds 52-21
IowaRed 47-27 .635

GAC'S FIVE

Revering4Blue 47-17 .734
Buckeye33 50-19 .724
cumberlandreds 47-22 .681
BaseClogger 45-23 .661
IowaRed 42-22 .656
Danny Serafini 45-24 .652
GAC 45-24
OUReds 37-20 .649
HeatherC1212 44-25 .637
BuckeyeRed27 42-27 .608
kaldaniels 42-27
OnBaseMachine 42-27
OSUredsFAN 37-27 .578
Captain Hook 25-19 .568

GAC
11-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Let me take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I hope you, and your families, have a safe and joyous Holidays. Eat lots of good food, and fall asleep watching football. That's what it's all about!!

WEEK 13 SCHEDULE

GAC'S TWELVE

Thanksgiving Day....

#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Friday.....

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati
Temple (7-0, 9-2) @ Ohio (6-1, 8-3)... Ohio can win a share of MAC Championship
#2 Alabama @ Auburn
#9 Pittsburgh @ West Virginia
Nevada @ #6 Boise State

Saturday.....

Notre Dame @ #17 Stanford... bye bye Charlie?
Georgia @ #7 Georgia Tech
Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky
Florida State @ #1 Florida

Spring~Fields
11-22-2009, 08:03 AM
BIG TEN [FINAL]

kaldaniels 68-16 .809
HeatherC1212 68-16 .809

Congratulations, hey great job. :)

And thanks to GAC for keeping this up through out the Big Ten season, it has been a lot of fun. :duel:

GAC
11-22-2009, 12:54 PM
I think kal and Heather should arm wrestle for the tie-breaker. ;)

kaldaniels
11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
There are regular season games involving Big 10 teams to be played...just sayin.

cumberlandreds
11-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks GAC for doing this the past few seasons. It's interesting and fun seeing who others pick. It's a lot of work too compiling these each week. I helped out on another board one season with picks and I know it's a lot to keep up with.
Here are my winners for this week:

WEEK 13 SCHEDULE

GAC'S TWELVE

Thanksgiving Day....

#3 Texas
Friday.....

Cincinnati
Temple
Alabama
Pittsburgh
Boise State

Saturday.....

Stanford... bye bye Charlie? ( He is already bye-bye,IMO)
Georgia Tech
LSU
BYU
Kentucky; UK to end a 24 year losing streak to Ewe Tee
Florida

IowaRed
11-23-2009, 08:44 AM
#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Friday.....

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati
#2 Alabama @ Auburn
Nevada @ #6 Boise State

Saturday.....

Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky

OSUredsFAN
11-23-2009, 11:16 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO kaldaniels and Heather for winning the BIG TEN.

No perfect scores this week in either bracket. Most (not all though) picked the Badgers to beat Northwestern. And in the other bracket, most (not all) picked LSU to beat Ol' Miss, and Stanford to beat Cal.

NOTE TO ALL: EVEN THOUGH THE BIG TEN IS OVER, I'M GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO GAC'S FIVE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME GOOD GAMES, INCLUDING CHAMPIONSHIPS, COMING UP. I'M ALSO GOING TO WORK SOMETHING UP FOR THE BOWL GAMES TOO.

So the non-conference games in September counted but the few that remain don't?? that makes no sense

Spring~Fields
11-23-2009, 11:38 PM
WEEK 13 SCHEDULE
#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati
Temple (7-0, 9-2) @ Ohio
#2 Alabama @ Auburn
Nevada @ #6 Boise State

Notre Dame @ #17 Stanford
Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky

I will just pick for the fun and laughs of it. Ok, I was bored.
*Note to GAC, you don't have to mess with mine i.e. don't take your time with it, I am just messing around to see if I can get them right.

HeatherC1212
11-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Wow, go me! I come home from vacation and find out that I didn't totally screw up my picks for this past week, LOL :laugh: I love college football so this was really cool to follow every week and see how my picks turned out. I had a great time playing this game this year and thanks to GAC for putting everything together every week! :D

And for the record, I would SOOOOO lose an arm wrestling match so I'll gladly take the tie, LOL :laugh: :eek:

BuckeyeRed27
11-24-2009, 12:04 PM
WEEK 13 SCHEDULE

GAC'S TWELVE

Thanksgiving Day....

#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Friday.....

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati
Temple (7-0, 9-2) @ Ohio (6-1, 8-3)
#2 Alabama @ Auburn
Nevada @ #6 Boise State

Saturday.....

Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky

OnBaseMachine
11-24-2009, 05:10 PM
WEEK 13 SCHEDULE

GAC'S TWELVE

Thanksgiving Day....

#3 Texas

Friday.....

#5 Cincinnati
Ohio
#2 Alabama
West Virginia
#6 Boise State

Saturday.....

Notre Dame
#7 Georgia Tech
#8 LSU
#22 BYU
Tennesee
#1 Florida

HeatherC1212
11-24-2009, 10:23 PM
WEEK 13 SCHEDULE

GAC'S TWELVE

Thanksgiving Day....

#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Friday.....

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati
#2 Alabama @ Auburn
#9 Pittsburgh @ West Virginia (I'd love to see WV pull an upset though to derail Pitt before they get UC at home next week)
Nevada @ #6 Boise State

Saturday.....

Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky

Buckeye33
11-25-2009, 12:01 AM
#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Friday.....

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati
#2 Alabama @ Auburn
Nevada @ #6 Boise State

Saturday.....

Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky

GAC
11-25-2009, 05:31 AM
There are regular season games involving Big 10 teams to be played...just sayin.

So the non-conference games in September counted but the few that remain don't?? that makes no sense

Gentlemen, I apologize. Other then Cincy playing Illinois, which is on this week's schedule, I didn't realize that Illinois and Wisconsin still had games next week (Dec 5th).

I'm old..... I have brain farts. :p:

So.... I will obviously count these three remaining games towards the Big 10 schedule, and adjust accordingly. I'll have those other two games on next weeks schedule too.

So kal and Heather.... we'll have to postpone your victory celebration just a bit in case there is some movement (change) in the Big 10 standings.

Sound fair to everyone?

Also..... I've been thinking that next year, instead of just picking the winners/losers, how about including point spreads to make it more interesting? I would like everyone's input on this, and also a good source to utilize for it. I know on the ESPN preview page for each game they list the underdog and points. Is that a good one to use?

What do you all think?

Danny Serafini
11-25-2009, 09:36 AM
WEEK 13 SCHEDULE

GAC'S TWELVE

Thanksgiving Day....

#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Friday.....

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati
#2 Alabama @ Auburn
Nevada @ #6 Boise State

Saturday.....

Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky

Spring~Fields
11-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm old..... I have brain farts. :p:

Also..... I've been thinking that next year, instead of just picking the winners/losers, how about including point spreads to make it more interesting? I would like everyone's input on this, and also a good source to utilize for it. I know on the ESPN preview page for each game they list the underdog and points. Is that a good one to use?

What do you all think?

I think having been soundly beaten by a girl er um woman in a male dominated sport, football, has you thinking too much. :p:

Illinois
Fri, Nov 27 at (5) Cincinnati 12:00 pm
Sat, Dec 5 Fresno State 12:30 pm

Wisconsin
Sat, Dec 5 at Hawaii 11:30 pm

This is all that is left, I would not have sweated these games. Illinois will lose both of those. Wisconsin should win that game too unless they leave it on the beach somewhere.

Oh wait, any chance that you and Heather might take Illinois in those games? :evil: Just to CMB I will take Cincinnati, and Fresno over Illinois, and Wisconsin over Hawaii. :p:

Spring~Fields
11-25-2009, 11:50 AM

What do you all think?

Why not test your point spread idea during the bowl games and see how well it is received by everyone? Another words if we stink at it, well you know. Where do we research this point spread and how much additional time will that take?

BuckeyeRed27
11-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Why not test your point spread idea during the bowl games and see how well it is received by everyone? Another words if we stink at it, well you know. Where do we research this point spread and how much additional time will that take?

I like this idea. Picking the point spread tends to be a very humbling process however.

kaldaniels
11-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I think the point spread idea would bring some spice to the contest...too many of the games are gimmes...not that there is anything wrong with that....thats just the way it is right now. Egos would have to be set aside however, because the winner of the point spread competition next season would be lucky to be at a 60 percent win percentage.

*BaseClogger*
11-25-2009, 02:08 PM
WEEK 13 SCHEDULE
#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati
Temple (7-0, 9-2) @ Ohio
#2 Alabama @ Auburn
Nevada @ #6 Boise State

Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky

Thanks GAC!!!

edit: and please, just say NO to this idea of using the point spread. :)

DTCromer
11-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Hey Big 10 fans: What's the expected bowl lineup for the the conference this year? Obviously OSU is going to the Rose Bowl. . what about the rest of the bowl eligible conference?

GAC
11-25-2009, 05:41 PM
WEEK 13 SCHEDULE

#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati

Temple (7-0, 9-2) @ Ohio...Temple lost their stud freshman tailback Bernard Pierce last week to shoulder separation. Ohio's spread O should give the Owls a true test.

#2 Alabama @ Auburn
Nevada @ #6 Boise State
Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky

GAC
11-25-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm more then game for trying the point spread for the bowl games.

Where is a good source to utilize to get the spreads?

OSUredsFAN
11-25-2009, 09:30 PM
WEEK 13 SCHEDULE

GAC'S TWELVE

Thanksgiving Day....

#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Friday.....

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati
#2 Alabama @ Auburn
Nevada @ #6 Boise State

Saturday.....

Notre Dame @ #17 Stanford... happy trails Charlie
Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky

Danny Serafini
11-26-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm more then game for trying the point spread for the bowl games.

Where is a good source to utilize to get the spreads?

I don't gamble, but I have a few friends that do, and their lines typically come from www.scoresandodds.com.

GAC
11-26-2009, 06:09 AM
I don't gamble, but I have a few friends that do, and their lines typically come from www.scoresandodds.com (http://www.scoresandodds.com).

I don't gamble either. So, using the site you provided above, Texas is currently giving Texas A&M 21 pts.

I usually just go to ESPN's game schedule, and then that particular game "preview" where it lists the favorite/underdog, and the spread. And they also are spotting Texas A&M 21 pts.

My question is... what happens if I post the schedule with the spread, and then, after we all post our picks, which will be based on the spreads, something happens during the week afterwards (injury, suspension, etc) that effects/changes that spread (line movement)?

Our do we say that once you make your pick, that's it, you have to stay with it regardless. And that it has to be up to each participant to possibly wait as long as they can to make their predictions "just in case" the above occurs?

Razor Shines
11-26-2009, 07:13 AM
I don't gamble either. So, using the site you provided above, Texas is currently giving Texas A&M 21 pts.

I usually just go to ESPN's game schedule, and then that particular game "preview" where it lists the favorite/underdog, and the spread. And they also are spotting Texas A&M 21 pts.

My question is... what happens if I post the schedule with the spread, and then, after we all post our picks, which will be based on the spreads, something happens during the week afterwards (injury, suspension, etc) that effects/changes that spread (line movement)?

Our do we say that once you make your pick, that's it, you have to stay with it regardless. And that it has to be up to each participant to possibly wait as long as they can to make their predictions "just in case" the above occurs?

I'm in an office pool and we play ATS (as real men and women tend to do :D) and we can pick our games early, but if the line changes it's too bad, so sad.

Revering4Blue
11-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Cincinnati
Texas
Ohio
Alabama
WVU
Boise St.

Stanford
Georgia Tech
LSU
BYU
Kentucky
Florida

kaldaniels
11-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Let me take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I hope you, and your families, have a safe and joyous Holidays. Eat lots of good food, and fall asleep watching football. That's what it's all about!!

WEEK 13 SCHEDULE

GAC'S TWELVE

Thanksgiving Day....

#3 Texas @ Texas A&M

Friday.....

Illinois @ #5 Cincinnati
#2 Alabama @ Auburn
Nevada @ #6 Boise State

Saturday.....

Arkansas @ #8 LSU
#21 Utah @ #22 BYU
Tennesee @ Kentucky

kaldaniels
11-26-2009, 01:31 PM

The same injury/suspension issue could apply to this season's pick'em game as well...I don't know if it is allowed this year but it's fine with me if people want to change their picks. However, for the sake of the awesome one who tracks players' picks...I would make the rule that once your picks are in, it is done. Put the onus on each player to strategize when the picks are turned in.

Spring~Fields
11-26-2009, 03:11 PM

For continuity you GAC set the point spread at the time of listing the games and that would become that weeks standard to pick or make our choices from. Where you get the point spreads would be your disgression.

Our do we say that once you make your pick, that's it, you have to stay with it regardless.

Once you set the teams and pts that would be it. The individuals making their selections currently have up until game time to choose or make changes to their selections. Of course you GAC we give an allowance, in your case it might be the first half. (insert Don Rickles icon here) :devil:

You want might to make sure that everyone knows what Texas +21 points means for example. Or whatever symbol that indicates a given pick has to win by or lose by. Whatever that means to be sure that eveyone has a clear understanding. I am not even sure myself, would my example of Texas +21 mean that if I picked Texas that they would have to win by 22 pts or 21 pts for my pick to be correct? Or if they only won by 18 pts, the selection would be incorrect?

Razor Shines
11-26-2009, 04:05 PM
For continuity you GAC set the point spread at the time of listing the games and that would become that weeks standard to pick or make our choices from. Where you get the point spreads would be your disgression.

Once you set the teams and pts that would be it. The individuals making their selections currently have up until game time to choose or make changes to their selections. Of course you GAC we give an allowance, in your case it might be the first half. (insert Don Rickles icon here) :devil:

You want might to make sure that everyone knows what Texas +21 points means for example. Or whatever symbol that indicates a given pick has to win by or lose by. Whatever that means to be sure that eveyone has a clear understanding. I am not even sure myself, would my example of Texas +21 mean that if I picked Texas that they would have to win by 22 pts or 21 pts for my pick to be correct? Or if they only won by 18 pts, the selection would be incorrect?
I hate to split hairs, but its actually Texas -21. A&M is +21.

Spring~Fields
11-26-2009, 05:35 PM
I hate to split hairs, but its actually Texas -21. A&M is +21.

There you go, just my point to GAC, that some might not understand even if they thought they did. ;)

So if a person selected Texas at -21 over A&M and Texas wins by 17 points. Would the selection of Texas and -21 be right or wrong?

Danny Serafini
11-26-2009, 07:28 PM
There you go, just my point to GAC, that some might not understand even if they thought they did. ;)

So if a person selected Texas at -21 over A&M and Texas wins by 17 points. Would the selection of Texas and -21 be right or wrong?

A&M would be the winning pick. With Texas at -21, they would have to win by more than 21 to be the right pick.

Spring~Fields
11-27-2009, 12:18 AM
A&M would be the winning pick. With Texas at -21, they would have to win by more than 21 to be the right pick.

Texas 49
Texas A&M 39

So A&M turns out to be the right choice due to the wide spread in this case.

GAC
11-27-2009, 06:24 AM

And that's a good point too Danny (for those that don't understand pt spreads anyway). Texas was giving A&M 21. So if someone picked Texas yesterday, Texas would have to win by greater then 21 for them to win.

So if you picked Texas yesterday, you would have lost.

I'm in an office pool and we play ATS (as real men and women tend to do ) and we can pick our games early, but if the line changes it's too bad, so sad.

I would make the rule that once your picks are in, it is done. Put the onus on each player to strategize when the picks are turned in.

For continuity you GAC set the point spread at the time of listing the games and that would become that weeks standard to pick or make our choices from. Where you get the point spreads would be your disgression....Once you set the teams and pts that would be it. The individuals making their selections currently have up until game time to choose or make changes to their selections.

Well... you've convinced me gentlemen, so that is what I am going to do.

And we're going to start it on the bowl games, on a trial run.

It's all for fun anyway right? I just thought it would be a little more interesting, and much more of a challenge on each of us, if we TRIED using the pt spread.

As the "commish" it will be up to me to post the bowl schedule with the appropriate spreads. And I am going to use the website Danny suggested..... http://www.scoresandodds.com/index.html?sort=rot

If one goes to the above site, pick a particular game, and then click on "Free Match Up" under each game, it gives you the point spread. For instance, the Illinois-Cincy game has Cincy at -17.

Once your picks are in, then it's done. If the line changes, too bad. That puts the pressure on each of us as to WHEN we want to post our picks. One might want to wait till as late as possible, in case the unforeseen does happen.

Personally, I have no problem if someone wants to change their picks once posted; but the "commish" is scatterbrain, and I'm afraid I'd screw it up and miss something. Just too much work. ;)

And to those that are somewhat unfamiliar with point spreads, and how they work, I will post an example of how I am going to do it, so as to not cause confusion.....

Lets use the Rose Bowl, and say Ohio State will face Oregon. And lets say the line is Ohio State -4. That means that OSU is GIVING Oregon 4 pts. If you pick OSU, then for you to win, OSU must win by more than 4 pts.

And when I post the Bowl Schedule, I will post it as such....

Rose Bowl: OSU (-4) vs Oregon

Everyone understand?

Now, my next question is...

There are 34 Bowl games, beginning on Dec 19th, and ending with the NC game on Jan 7th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4111912

Do we want to do all 34, or only do particular bowl games?

It doesn't matter to me. You all decide.

OSUredsFAN
11-27-2009, 10:18 AM
I say we do all of the bowls.

GAC
11-27-2009, 10:41 AM
My wife is draggin' me out on BLACK Friday to go shopping! ARRRRRRGH!

We don't get to spend much time together due to different work shifts, so we're going just to get out of the house and to eat out. I do most of my Christmas shopping on-line anyway. I'm not getting up at 4 AM, and fighting crowds, just to get a good deal on this year's hot new item.

But I am gonna miss not seein' the Illinois-Bearcat game. #$@@!!

I'll be hanging out in the TV department A LOT! .... with all the other disenfranchised husbands who have no gonads to stand up to their wives.

So maybe I'll see you down there on Bechtle Ave Spring~Fields. ;)

cumberlandreds
11-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Do all the bowls. That way the bad one's will have some meaning to us.

Buckeye33
11-27-2009, 05:46 PM
It looks like I picked both Utah and BYU, but I wanted to clarify that I am picking Utah.

Thanks

GAC
11-28-2009, 08:41 AM
It looks like I picked both Utah and BYU, but I wanted to clarify that I am picking Utah.

Thanks

Noted 33.

And I am going to give OSUredsFAN the benefit of the doubt and say he picked Texas, even though neither team is "bolded" :p:

GAC
11-28-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm doing this just for fun. It's not going to be utilized in determining W-L picks this week. But here are the point spreads for today's Saturday games, just in case some might like to see just how much utilizing point spread would determine if they won-loss in contrast to the way we have be doing it.....

Notre Dame @ Stanford (-10)
Georgia @ Georgia Tech (-11)
Arkansas @ LSU (-4)
Utah @ BYU (-5)
Tennessee (-1) @ Kentucky
Florida State @ Florida (-26)

I also went back and looked at everyone's picks for the Thursday/Friday games (6 total), and just for the heck of it, looked to see what everyone's W-L record would currently reflect (change) IF we had utilized the point spread. And yes, I also understand that IF we had been using the point spread it may have affected (changed) how some selected their winners; but I wanted to see what it would look like anyway....

Not good. ;)

Of the 13 participants....

7 would have went 0-6, 2 would have went 1-5, and 4 would have went 2-4.

And where the wins came from people picking WV over Pitt, and Ohio over Temple.

The point spread would have really screwed all of us IF we had stuck with those picks, simply because though we picked the winning teams, those teams didn't meet/exceed the line.

I think it's gonna make it more fun, and interesting.

When I look at Saturday's games (above), I wouldn't take Florida at -26, and maybe not Georgia Tech at -11.

Spring~Fields
11-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Notre Dame @ Stanford (-10)
Georgia @ Georgia Tech (-11)
Arkansas @ LSU (-4)
Utah @ BYU (-5)
Tennessee (-1) @ Kentucky
Florida State @ Florida (-26)

Testing the waters.