PDA

View Full Version : Francisco/ Alonso. Which one will be traded?

flash
09-15-2009, 08:57 AM
I really can't see the Reds keeping both of them with Votto already at first. I thought the Reds might be able to get SS Nunez from the Yankees, Brignac from the Rays, or Tejada from the Mets. That might solve the shortstop problem.

PTI (pti)
09-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Francisco will be garbage, imo. In 447 minor league games, he's walked 72 times.....versus 442 strikeouts. And his .311 on-base % is awful. And everything I've read says he is terrible defensively.

Trade him for whatever you can get.

bounty37h
09-15-2009, 12:06 PM
his call up article said they are going to try Francisco out in left field.

CesarGeronimo
09-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Francisco will be garbage, imo. In 447 minor league games, he's walked 72 times.....versus 442 strikeouts. And his .311 on-base % is awful. And everything I've read says he is terrible defensively.

The Reds might be concerned about the strikeouts, but certainly not the scarcity of walks and the low OBP. These Reds of ours have a way of dealing with guys who can't get on base. They simply bat them at or near the top of the order. And if these players continue to produce outs at a spectacular rate, the Reds do not waver. They stay the course.

Your garbage is Dusty's treasure.

demas863
09-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Geronimo - u hit it right on the head.

gedred69
09-15-2009, 08:50 PM

CAn you sayyyyyyyyy---Wily Mo? Granted it was his 1st AB, but he was deja vu Wily Mo on that 3rd strike breaker. Only a pitcher's ego allows him to see fast balls-------ever.

RoundingThird
09-24-2009, 06:29 PM
I'd like to see Francisco at least get a shot next year so we can really see what we've got. I'm thinking Alonso might be an autumn call-up in 2010.

roby
09-24-2009, 06:44 PM
I say trade them both and a package of other prospects (Travis Wood, Pedro Viola)inexchange for Hanley Ramirez. Put Ramirez in left field and bat him
4th. His added offense will allow the Reds to play Paul Janish and bat him 8th. It could get done!

vottofan4life
09-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Twins acquire Juan Francisco,Matt Maloney,Wladimir Balentien
Reds acquire Delmon Young, Francisco Liriano

Red Sox acquire Willy Taveras, Aaron Harang, Mike Lincoln,cash
Reds acquire Lars Anderson and Daniel Bard

Marlins acquire Todd Frazier and Sam Lecure
Reds acquire Dan Uggla---move phillips to ss

Indians acquire Adam Rosales, Paul Janish, Jared Burton, Pedro Viola, Cody Puckett
Reds acquire Josh Barfield, Andy Marte, Jeremy Sowers, Mike Gosling

Its possible

RedLakerFan24
09-25-2009, 02:16 AM

Indians acquire Adam Rosales, Paul Janish, Jared Burton, Pedro Viola, Cody Puckett

Its possible

I Like the Delmon Young and Francisco Lariano trade the most

Redlegs212
09-25-2009, 08:02 AM
I highly doubt the Red Sox would give us Bard for that package IMO

vottofan4life
09-25-2009, 06:47 PM
yeah ur right i guess redlegs212 but the other trades seem really possible

Griffey012
09-25-2009, 08:16 PM

Its possible

I would love to get ahold of Liriano at a discounted price, I think he would have more success in the NL. Has about a 43% GB rate which isn't to bad.

Not sure I wanna mess with Delmon Young though. 11 walks on the season. It would all depend on the price because he was a 1st overall talent. But for that package I would do it.

RedLakerFan24
09-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Cisco Looks really good, i think he could make a push for LF in 2010