PDA

View Full Version : Homer's stats

UPRedsFan
09-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Counting tonight in Homer's last 6 games:

39.1 innings
35 hits
1.83 ERA

I know it's Sept, but do we have something for next year?

I can envision him competing with Cueto for ACE status in 2010

LouisvilleCARDS
09-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Would have got a win if not for Cordero. Don't worry, he's once again not earning his $10 mil plus salary. Wish he would go back to the Brewers or something.

GIDP
09-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Would have got a win if not for Cordero. Don't worry, he's once again not earning his $10 mil plus salary. wish he would go back on his raft or something.
Well i have to say I wont miss you after this ban worthy post.

LouisvilleCARDS
09-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Funny edit. :rolleyes:

But really, Cordero sucks.

kfm
09-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Funny edit. :rolleyes:

But really, Cordero sucks.

Are you actually serious. Maybe his manager should not have him go for his fifth save in five nights. Are you really serious about Cordero, this has to be some type of sarcasm that I am not getting.

LouisvilleCARDS
09-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Are you actually serious. Maybe his manager should not have him go for his fifth save in five nights. Are you really serious about Cordero, this has to be some type of sarcasm that I am not getting.

He's getting paid 10 mil. FOR PITCHING ONE INNING!!!!

The guy barely pitched what, 30 pitches in the previous 4 nights? If he was getting paid $4 mil or something, then that's fine. But for $10 mil plus and having the highest salary on this team, this guy better be PERFECT or get the hell out of town, PERIOD.

Ghosts of 1990
09-18-2009, 11:22 PM
I've always thought he'd be better then Cueto and Volquez. Where's the guys who wanted to trade him?

GIDP
09-19-2009, 09:19 AM
The most impressive thing about Homers stats is that hes on the mound confident hes going to do well. He has a lot of Nolan Ryan hard headedness in his demeanor on the mound. As a hitter Homer is not a guy you want to let know hes better than you because it just makes Homer better. Hes going to throw a fastball until you hit it and then you start to think about cheating on the fastball and you will be totally off balance with a curve or splitter when it comes. He has been taking this I'll stop throwing it when you hit it attitude to the mound and I love every second of it because he has the stuff to have that type of pitching style. He is not going to be intimidated by anyone out there and its great to see. I guess his bad attitude is finally paying off :D.

kfm
09-19-2009, 11:14 AM

The guy barely pitched what, 30 pitches in the previous 4 nights? If he was getting paid $4 mil or something, then that's fine. But for $10 mil plus and having the highest salary on this team, this guy better be PERFECT or get the hell out of town, PERIOD.

"Perfect or get the hell out of Town, period." One of the most ignorant statements I have ever read on this board. No closer, regardless of money is perfect. Please meet the other guys you would gladly run out of town.

Sortable Pitching
RK PLAYER TEAM BLSV ERA
Brian Fuentes LAA 7 4.26
Joe Nathan MIN 5 2.21
Mariano Rivera NYY 2 1.94
Francisco Cordero CIN 4 2.37
Heath Bell SDG 5 2.86
Jonathan Papelbon BOS 3 1.97
David Aardsma SEA 4 2.06
Jonathan Broxton LAD 5 2.42
Trevor Hoffman MIL 3 1.88
Francisco Rodriguez NYM 6 3.13
Brad Lidge PHI 10 7.21
Bobby Jenks CHW 6 3.71
Carlos Marmol CHC 4 3.41

kfm
09-19-2009, 11:16 AM
I've always thought he'd be better then Cueto and Volquez. Where's the guys who wanted to trade him?

They are probably somewhere talking about how its time to give up on Jay Bruce and Drew Stubbs.

Griffey012
09-19-2009, 12:17 PM

Why should he get out of town? If someone paid you 10 million to pitch one inning would you not take it? There is no reason just to judge Cordero based off the 10 million he is making and say he is a waste. He has saved 38/42 games and has pretty much been dominant which is all you can ask for out of a closer.

The fact that our management was willing to pay him 10 million is who fingers should be pointed at when complaining about his contract. Cordero is performing as good as we could have asked.

SoTxRedsFan
09-19-2009, 02:16 PM

This post is hilarious. Why hate on the guy for accepting a contract that he never should have been offered?

Especially when the guy is leading the LEAGUE in what he's paid to do. GET SAVES. If he were on a winning team he'd be having an all time type of season.

Ignorance really is bliss sometimes, huh Lousville?

Ghosts of 1990
09-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Check out Bailey's BB/K ratio over his last 6 starts. Elite.

corwinator3407
09-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Can't understand as often as new threads are made around here that they can't stay on topic without negativity about something else.

Anyways, Homer has been owning. I'd guess only one more start this year? His value on FanGraphs for 09 is $3.4 mil. Just dominating stuff lately. I love it.

Ghosts of 1990
09-19-2009, 06:07 PM
What's the 09 Fangraphs value mean?

gedred69
09-19-2009, 06:27 PM
I for one kept insisting, "he's still young", hard-headed yes, but there's still time. A little curious though, another pitcher----albeit, one that's kicked around on the fringes for several years,----is the person that teaches him the pitch that had made him into what every one of us hoped Homer would be. What does that say about the pitching coaches in the Reds system?

Anyhow, however you may look at it, he is next year's #3/4.

Ghosts of 1990
09-19-2009, 11:37 PM
I for one kept insisting, "he's still young", hard-headed yes, but there's still time. A little curious though, another pitcher----albeit, one that's kicked around on the fringes for several years,----is the person that teaches him the pitch that had made him into what every one of us hoped Homer would be. What does that say about the pitching coaches in the Reds system?

Anyhow, however you may look at it, he is next year's #3/4.

I dont know I think at worst he's the #2. Cueto is the only guy who is debateably more effective. Homer has top of the line stuff. If he is anything close to this pitcher next spring you trot him out there as a #1 or #2 and let Harang and Arroyo battle the 3's and 4's of the league (another strength if you can afford to do it).

corwinator3407
09-21-2009, 01:57 PM
The Value calculated by FanGraphs means how much the pitcher would get on the open market based on their numbers.

JKam
09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Is Homer throwing a split finger fastball now? I thought I heard he had learned one in the minors. Or is he still pretty much sticking with the fastball-curveball repetoire?

GIDP
09-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Is Homer throwing a split finger fastball now? I thought I heard he had learned one in the minors. Or is he still pretty much sticking with the fastball-curveball repetoire?

He has 2 seamer, 4 seamer, Cuve, splitter, and slider. Hes been pretty much fastball non stop and has thrown all the others a just to keep guys honest.

JKam
09-21-2009, 06:55 PM
He has 2 seamer, 4 seamer, Cuve, splitter, and slider. Hes been pretty much fastball non stop and has thrown all the others a just to keep guys honest.

So he's a lot like Curt Schilling?

GIDP
09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
So he's a lot like Curt Schilling?

Curt had better control of all those pitches but sure why not.

redsfanmia
09-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Curt had better control of all those pitches but sure why not.

Later in his career not at 22.

corwinator3407
09-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Later in his career not at 22.

And didn't throw nearly as hard. I'm interested to see his last start of the year probably (sometime next week) to see if his velocity is back up.. I didn't like seeing 92 consistently on Wednesday, I prefer 95-96

corwinator3407
09-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Will this be Homer's last start of the year tonight? Or will he start again on Sunday? Thoughts??

UPRedsFan
09-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Bases loaded, one out, Pujols and Holiday waiting on deck.

The old Homer gives up 3 runs that inning. The new Homer looks like a World Series game one starter. Gets Pujols, gets Holiday. 1 run and out of the inning with the lead still well in tact!

7 innings 1 run against the Cardinals tonight.

I can't wait for next April!!!!!!!!