PDA

View Full Version : Any bowlers on here?

OnBaseMachine
09-22-2009, 02:11 AM
I started bowling about eight months ago and in the last couple months I've fallen in love with the sport. I've learned to hook the ball with a solid rev rate and just recently purchased a $189 Rotogrip Cell Pearl bowling ball. I'm in three different leagues (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday). So far my highest games are a 279 (left the seven pin in the 6th frame) and a 269. I've started to gain more consisteny as of late as I'm now staying down and following through on my shots which is perhaps the most important aspect of bowling. As a result, I recently threw my highest series (650, roughly a 217 average). With help from my dad, cousins, and others, I've come along way in just a few months. My hope is to one day throw a perfect game.

On Sundays while most people are watching the NFL, I'm watching the PBA tour on ESPN. Bowling has quickly become my second favorite sport behind baseball.

I was just curious, is there any other bowlers on here?

Brutus
09-22-2009, 02:37 AM
I started bowling about eight months ago and in the last couple months I've fallen in love with the sport. I've learned to hook the ball with a solid rev rate and just recently purchased a $189 Rotogrip Cell Pearl bowling ball. I'm in three different leagues (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday). So far my highest games are a 279 (left the seven pin in the 6th frame) and a 269. I've started to gain more consisteny as of late as I'm now staying down and following through on my shots which is perhaps the most important aspect of bowling. As a result, I recently threw my highest series (650, roughly a 217 average). With help from my dad, cousins, and others, I've come along way in just a few months. My hope is to one day throw a perfect game.

On Sundays while most people are watching the NFL, I'm watching the PBA tour on ESPN. Bowling has quickly become my second favorite sport behind baseball.

I was just curious, is there any other bowlers on here?

I bowled when I was a kid. I was in a league until high school, when eventually I was forced to give it up due to my time commitments for the other sports.

When I was 14, I won our league's high average, went to the Coke state tournament where I finished 5th in the state. I had a 200 average as a teenager. I am actually disappointed I gave it up, as basically since I was 16, I've not played with any consistency.

I had a modest hook at the time. I usually used the second point for my break (which was usually a late one). Problem is, because it was a modest break, and using the second dot from the gutter, if the lane was dry I had a hard time keeping it in the pocket and too often got a split. Anyhow, when I play now, I usually roll a 150-160, but can still throw up a solid 250 occasionally. It's about timing for me, and balance. For some reason, my shoes stick every time I play and can't get the footwork down.

I do miss the game though. It's a fun sport.

OnBaseMachine
09-22-2009, 03:01 AM
I had a modest hook at the time. I usually used the second point for my break (which was usually a late one). Problem is, because it was a modest break, and using the second dot from the gutter, if the lane was dry I had a hard time keeping it in the pocket and too often got a split. Anyhow, when I play now, I usually roll a 150-160, but can still throw up a solid 250 occasionally. It's about timing for me, and balance. For some reason, my shoes stick every time I play and can't get the footwork down.

That's something I've been working hard on - learning to adjust to the lane conditions. Far too often my scores would decrease after the lanes started breaking down and drying out but now I'm starting to learn how to adjust. I move about two or three boards to the left when the lanes dry out and throw the ball at the same mark. Since I've been doing that my scores have improved.

Brutus
09-22-2009, 03:08 AM
That's something I've been working hard on - learning to adjust to the lane conditions. Far too often my scores would decrease after the lanes started breaking down and drying out but now I'm starting to learn how to adjust. I move about two or three boards to the left when the lanes dry out and throw the ball at the same mark. Since I've been doing that my scores have improved.

How far down the lane does your hook begin? Where I was often handicapped by a late break on a dry lane, I used it to my advantage when the lanes were well oiled, as I could move a few boards to the right, and go with more of a straight approach. However, I was always pretty impressed with people with a sharper, early break in these conditions as it is not as easy to adjust to them.

OnBaseMachine
09-22-2009, 03:11 AM
How far down the lane does your hook begin? Where I was often handicapped by a late break on a dry lane, I used it to my advantage when the lanes were well oiled, as I could move a few boards to the right, and go with more of a straight approach. However, I was always pretty impressed with people with a sharper, early break in these conditions as it is not as easy to adjust to them.

My ball is designed to hook on the backend, so it's doesn't hook a whole lot until it's about 35-40 feet down the lane.

Brutus
09-22-2009, 03:15 AM
My ball is designed to hook on the backend, so it's doesn't hook a whole lot until it's about 35-40 feet down the lane.

Very advantageous. You miss some of the "cross-board" oil streaks that way. It's harder adjusting to those conditions when you have an early break and a sharp kick-back.

traderumor
09-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Does Wii count? :)

NorrisHopper30
09-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Bowler here..but haven't been able to very much because of going to college. My dad won the Hoinke classic twice so he kinda got me hooked in high school and I bowled for Moeller..now he coaches there. My highest game ever was 263 and I averaged around a 185 in high school. Not great by any means but solid.

SunDeck
09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't bowl, but I am a firm believer in the beer frame.

BRM
09-22-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't bowl, but I am a firm believer in the beer frame.

I thought every frame was a beer frame? :confused:

Patrick Bateman
09-22-2009, 01:10 PM
In Canada, it's mostly 5 pin, which is a way different game than 10 pin. Smaller balls, and there is more of a luck aspect.

I've been doing that for a long time and am a decent bowler. But I tried playing 10 pin for the firs time in a while, and it was just so different. I've had no practice working a curve, and basically just tried to bowl it down the middle to set up spares. But I find 5 pin quite a bit more fun.

SunDeck
09-22-2009, 02:51 PM
I thought every frame was a beer frame? :confused:

Like I said, I'm not a bowler. But if that's the case, I may give it a go.

BRM
09-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Like I said, I'm not a bowler. But if that's the case, I may give it a go.

I'm not either. But if I played, that's how I'd do it.

flyer85
09-23-2009, 04:50 PM
used to bowl a lot competitively in my younger days (gave it up about 10 years ago). Bowled for the college team and that was an absolute blast.

BTW, never liked the reactive resin bowling balls. Friend of mine that bowled on the tour in the early and mid 70s tells of taking 1 bowling ball with him. Now they may drill 8-10 balls a week, experience is a much bigger factor.

Chip R
09-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Do you roll on Shabbos, though?

OnBaseMachine
09-26-2009, 01:23 AM
I subbed in a league tonight and threw my new highest series - a 664. I had a 211 the first game, 258 the second game, and finished up with a 195. I had a couple bad breaks in the last game or else I could've been up around a 700 series.

oneupper
09-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Just a silly question. I used to bowl a bit like 25-30 years ago. Nothing competitive, but I did win a company tournament once (don't get excited, like a 170 average was good enough).

Has the game changed? Is the technology/equipment better? Is it easier/harder to get a high score? Are the lanes more standardized?
Am I silly to ask these questions?

texasdave
09-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Centerfielder bowls anchor, dude!

goreds2
10-12-2009, 03:12 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/bowler_add_beer_tshirt-p235848825862484093qmkd_400.jpg

OnBaseMachine
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Man oh man I'm on cloud 9 right now. I bowled in my Monday night league tonight and bowled my first ever 300 game! I'm still stunned at this moment. My dad, who is a very good bowler himself, has been bowling for over 30 years and has never thrown a 300 before. I had others come up and tell me they know people who have been bowling for 30-40 years and have never bowled a 300 game. My dream was to one day bowl a 300 but I never expected it to come so early - as I said before, I've only been bowling for about nine months and didn't start hooking the ball until late March/early April. I'm so excited right now I probably won't be able to sleep.

*BaseClogger*
10-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Shouldn't this be in the Non-Sports forum? ;)

Congrats OBM!

Chip R
10-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Congratulations! Quite an achievement.

NorrisHopper30
10-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Man oh man I'm on cloud 9 right now. I bowled in my Monday night league tonight and bowled my first ever 300 game! I'm still stunned at this moment. My dad, who is a very good bowler himself, has been bowling for over 30 years and has never thrown a 300 before. I had others come up and tell me they know people who have been bowling for 30-40 years and have never bowled a 300 game. My dream was to one day bowl a 300 but I never expected it to come so early - as I said before, I've only been bowling for about nine months and didn't start hooking the ball until late March/early April. I'm so excited right now I probably won't be able to sleep.

You must be a natural, congrats. My dad has won the Hoinke Classic twice and he's never bowled a 300.

OnBaseMachine
10-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Here's the funny part - I bowled a whopping 144 in the first game. I was stuggling to find the pocket, and when I did, I left a ten pin a couple times. The second game I rebounded and hit the pocket every time but only finished with a 208 because I couldn't get the ten pin to carry. In the third game I continued making great shots and finally got the ten pin to fall down. I'm still pretty darn excited right now.

goreds2
10-27-2009, 03:56 AM
Nice job on the 300 game.

Is it more quiet than usual as you get close to the 10th frame?

Does word get out around the alley and people gather around?

OnBaseMachine
10-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Nice job on the 300 game.

Is it more quiet than usual as you get close to the 10th frame?

Does word get out around the alley and people gather around?

YES. After I got my first strike in the 10th frame, the whole bowling alley got extremely quiet and nearly everyone in the bowling alley gathered around the area behind me and watched my last two strikes. At this point, you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet, and to tell you the truth, this made me extremely nervous. I'm not gonna lie, I thought I was going to pass out or vomit - I was that nervous. My dad was there to watch me and my brother - dad normally only bowls on Wednesday night leagues but he drove down with us last night to just spectate. A lot of people came up to him afterwards and said they were watching him rather than me, just to see how he would react. From what I heard, dad was just as nervous as me, if not more. I still haven't come down from that high. It's an awesome feeling. I was laying in bed at 3:30 this morning staring at the ceiling and wondering if I was dreaming or if that really happened.

flyer85
10-27-2009, 12:49 PM
congrats.

Spring~Fields
10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
YES. After I got my first strike in the 10th frame, the whole bowling alley got extremely quiet and nearly everyone in the bowling alley gathered around the area behind me and watched my last two strikes. At this point, you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet, and to tell you the truth, this made me extremely nervous. I'm not gonna lie, I thought I was going to pass out or vomit - I was that nervous. My dad was there to watch me and my brother - dad normally only bowls on Wednesday night leagues but he drove down with us last night to just spectate. A lot of people came up to him afterwards and said they were watching him rather than me, just to see how he would react. From what I heard, dad was just as nervous as me, if not more. I still haven't come down from that high. It's an awesome feeling. I was laying in bed at 3:30 this morning staring at the ceiling and wondering if I was dreaming or if that really happened.

Wow congratulations, what a thrill that must truly be. I am happy for you.

My dad and his buddies use to be heavy into the bowling. I never heard the end of how balls are drilled, top weight, side weight, different ball for different lane conditions, dry, oily and the never ending arguments over the house blocking the lanes so the bowlers could score higher. Springfield houses use to block the lanes alot so that the bowlers could score high, if one could shoot the second board/second arrow area they could score. If not they were mad. Especially when they went out on tournaments and could not shoot the comfortable scores that the houses enabled here. :)

Now I have to ask you this question. Was your 300 sanctioned? :)

Either way that is one heck of an amazing feat. :thumbup:

GAC
10-27-2009, 06:51 PM
I threw a 300 game on Wii bowling. Does that count? :D

Chip R
10-27-2009, 07:09 PM
I threw a 300 game on Wii bowling. Does that count? :D

Did you have the gutters blocked?

GAC
10-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Did you have the gutters blocked?

Yeah! There still full of leaves. :p:

mole44
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM

Congrats man! Great accomplishment. I've been bowling (regularly, in a league) for 5 or 6 years now and I don't yet have a 300. Carried a perfect game into the 10th 3 times, but have failed to finish. First time was a 299, second time I threw a bad ball and then missed the spare, don't even remember the score lol, and just last week I threw a perfect ball, only to leave a pocket 8 pin of all things.

That's cool that your dad was there to see you do it. My dad bowls in the same league as I do so hopefully he'll be there to see mine, if I ever get one heh. He has two, but hes has about 25 more years of bowling on me.

Carrying a 204 average right now, which is the highest its ever been.

OnBaseMachine
10-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Now I have to ask you this question. Was your 300 sanctioned? :)

Yep. They already sized me up for a ring and I'll also receive a trophy shaped like a bowling pin.

The ring will look something like this:

http://clintonvillelanes.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/300ring.jpg

OnBaseMachine
10-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Congrats man! Great accomplishment. I've been bowling (regularly, in a league) for 5 or 6 years now and I don't yet have a 300. Carried a perfect game into the 10th 3 times, but have failed to finish. First time was a 299, second time I threw a bad ball and then missed the spare, don't even remember the score lol, and just last week I threw a perfect ball, only to leave a pocket 8 pin of all things.

That's cool that your dad was there to see you do it. My dad bowls in the same league as I do so hopefully he'll be there to see mine, if I ever get one heh. He has two, but hes has about 25 more years of bowling on me.

Carrying a 204 average right now, which is the highest its ever been.

Man, I can't tell you how frustrated I would be if I threw 11 in a row only to get robbed on the 12th ball. There's nothing more frustrating than leaving a pocket 8 or 10 pin.

A 204 average is awesome man. I haven't got there yet. My next goals are to throw a 700+ series and raise my average up over 200.

I see that you're from Ohio. Have you ever bowled at the Super Bowl in Erlanger, Kentucky, or at Shawnee Lanes in Chillicothe? I've bowled at both of those places and really enjoyed my time there.

WebScorpion
10-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Congratulations!

I bowled for quite a few years and my best game was a 288. 10 strikes followed by a 6-7-10 split where I only picked up the 6 and 10. After the 10th strike, they announced over the loudspeaker that I was about to bowl a 300 and everyone stopped and came to watch. I knew the 11th one was a mistake before I finished my approach...I was less nervous the first time I jumped from an airplane. :eek:

The part that bothered me most was I struck out from the 8th frame on in the game before, so I threw 15 in a row but didn't get a 300.

Again Congrats! Maybe someday you can make some money at it. :D

goreds2
10-28-2009, 12:26 AM
That 300 game should score you some groupies now. :thumbup:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_k16shfM7AKw/R_7d4lsCrZI/AAAAAAAAALU/R8dfDoeG4lo/s320/Scout_Camp,_Bowling_Girls_night_150.jpg

Spring~Fields
10-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Yep. They already sized me up for a ring and I'll also receive a trophy shaped like a bowling pin.

The ring will look something like this:

http://clintonvillelanes.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/300ring.jpg

Very nice. Well done young man.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

mole44
10-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Man, I can't tell you how frustrated I would be if I threw 11 in a row only to get robbed on the 12th ball. There's nothing more frustrating than leaving a pocket 8 or 10 pin.

A 204 average is awesome man. I haven't got there yet. My next goals are to throw a 700+ series and raise my average up over 200.

I see that you're from Ohio. Have you ever bowled at the Super Bowl in Erlanger, Kentucky, or at Shawnee Lanes in Chillicothe? I've bowled at both of those places and really enjoyed my time there.
Never bowled at either of those lanes. Just mostly around the cincy/dayton area and a little in indy.

On the 299 I left the 5 pin, got a nice "wussy" yelled out from my teammates. Gotta love teammates. Its was a light hit tho, and frankly i was lucky to leave only one pin.

I like yours goals, its good to have goals in bowling. Keeps you motivated. My long term goal was get over a 200 average and now that I've done that my goal is to keep it there. I've only thrown two 700's, maybe 3. A couple years ago I watched a guy bowl an 843, that was just insane.

BuckeyeRed27
10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Congrats on the 300 game. That's amazing.

I used to bowl a lot and recently joined a league for the first time in about 5 years. We are in week 6 now and I started off really well (for me), but have struggled a lot the last few weeks. I haven't been able to find the pocket consistently at all and keep missing easy spares which I think is just a lack of focus on my part. But I'm really happy to be back bowling every week.

Caveat Emperor
10-29-2009, 02:26 PM
I've bowled in winter office leagues for the last few years.

I can't seem to figure out how people get the ball to hook -- whenever I've thrown a hook, I use two fingers and palm the ball, but I know that's not how you're supposed to do it, and most of the time it leaves me with a ball side-spinning in a straight line down the lane.

It's the one sport / activity that I'm actually worse at than golf.

OnBaseMachine
10-29-2009, 02:32 PM
I've bowled in winter office leagues for the last few years.

I can't seem to figure out how people get the ball to hook -- whenever I've thrown a hook, I use two fingers and palm the ball, but I know that's not how you're supposed to do it, and most of the time it leaves me with a ball side-spinning in a straight line down the lane.

It's the one sport / activity that I'm actually worse at than golf.

What kind of ball are you throwing? If it's plastic then you need to get another ball as plastic balls aren't designed to hook.

RichRed
10-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Just saw this - congrats on the 300, OBM!

I bowled a 206 once, back in the dark ages. Good on ya.

Hoosier Red
10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
No, I went to IU and when you lose a 28-3 lead there is no bowling.

Oh you meant....

Congrats on the 300. I'm not sure if I could get that in 3 games.

mash3024
10-29-2009, 10:19 PM
300 is awesome man congrats!

I witnessed 3 300s last year in our league and it is quite a spectacle to see one, can't imagine throwing one myself.

I bowled in my first sanctioned league last year and finished the year with a 179 average. I am bowling in another league this year at Super Bowl in Erlanger and just bowled my high series of 670 (234, 192, 244) tonight. The 244 is my high game ever. Average is sitting at 183 after 9 weeks and my goal was to get up to 185 for the year, so hopefully I can get there.

OnBaseMachine
10-29-2009, 11:37 PM
300 is awesome man congrats!

I witnessed 3 300s last year in our league and it is quite a spectacle to see one, can't imagine throwing one myself.

I bowled in my first sanctioned league last year and finished the year with a 179 average. I am bowling in another league this year at Super Bowl in Erlanger and just bowled my high series of 670 (234, 192, 244) tonight. The 244 is my high game ever. Average is sitting at 183 after 9 weeks and my goal was to get up to 185 for the year, so hopefully I can get there.

Thanks for the congrats guys.

The Super Bowl in Erlanger is an awesome bowling alley. I've bowled there three times now (total of about 10 games) and love it. It's my second favorite bowling alley after the one I bowl in on a regular basis.

OnBaseMachine
12-14-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm getting two brand new bowling balls for Christmas. One is a 900 Global Bounty Hunter and the other is a Morich Craze. I'm pretty darn excited about it. :cool:

http://www.bowlingindex.com/store/graphics/00000001/900G-Bounty-Hunter.jpg
Bounty Hunter

http://bowlingballgalaxy.com/morich-bowling-balls/morcih-craze.jpg
Craze

The Craze is supposed to be one of the best hooking balls ever made.

flyer85
12-15-2009, 02:54 PM
plastic balls aren't designed to hook.they did at one time.

dougdirt
12-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Pft, all of you guys and your fancy bowling balls. I use the lane balls and man do they suck. I still enjoy kicking my friends butts though.

toledodan
12-16-2009, 12:32 AM
OBM congrats. the first one is always the hardest. my first one came in 1995 at royal z miamisburg lanes against my late wife. she had got me drunk before we were to bowl against each other. i bowled earlier that night and shot 666 at poelking south before driving over to roylal z. i've been bowling since 1989 and have enjoyed it. the sport has got alot easier over the years for sure but don't ever let someone take your feat away from you. it has taken me many years to get these awards.
12 300's
4 299's
2 298's
2 800's (816-800)
10 11 in a row awards
booked as high as a 238 average for a season
i'm the most proud of the 12 300's have came in a total of 7 different centers. my advice if you love it keep with it. to shoot a 300 at such a early time in your career is super. like you said there are alot of people that will never shoot one. also find some local sweepers and tournys. rack some money up before your average gets to high. keep working hard!

Dan

toledodan
12-16-2009, 12:33 AM
they did at one time.

some people can still hook the hell out of them!:D

OnBaseMachine
12-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks Dan. I noticed your sig a while back and have been meaning to send you a message to discuss bowling. I'm glad there's someone on here who loves bowling as much as I do. 12 300's is very, very impressive. It takes talent but it also takes some luck to bowl a 300. You can make a perfect shot and leave one of the corner pins, or an eight pin. To throw 12 straight balls in the pocket and have each one carry is tough to do. I hope I can thrown another one someday.

What kind of ball do you use?

toledodan
12-16-2009, 03:27 AM
Thanks Dan. I noticed your sig a while back and have been meaning to send you a message to discuss bowling. I'm glad there's someone on here who loves bowling as much as I do. 12 300's is very, very impressive. It takes talent but it also takes some luck to bowl a 300. You can make a perfect shot and leave one of the corner pins, or an eight pin. To throw 12 straight balls in the pocket and have each one carry is tough to do. I hope I can thrown another one someday.

What kind of ball do you use?

i love storm! for me they are the most true rolling balls that i have thrown. ebonite is a close second. since moving to the kansas city area i've been working on some different things. i first switched to hammer(burn&venom)with mixed results. out here the backends are not as clean as they are in ohio and i've been trying to overcome that. i switched back to ebonite and storm the last few weeks and the scores have come back around for me. also i moved back my feet some more to create more speed and power. no matter how long you bowl there will always be a learning curve. feel free to PM me anytime you have any questions. i will try to help.:beerme:

flyer85
12-16-2009, 09:10 AM
some people can still hook the hell out of them!:Dthere was a time when the columbia yellow dot bleeder was the ball to have.

toledodan
12-16-2009, 12:25 PM
there was a time when the columbia yellow dot bleeder was the ball to have.

i always was a fan of the white dot. there was a league back when i was in dayton that you could only use that line of equipment. white dot/yellow dot ect.

flyer85
12-16-2009, 01:33 PM
i always was a fan of the white dot. there was a league back when i was in dayton that you could only use that line of equipment. white dot/yellow dot ect.my first ball was a carmel white dot. My all time favorite ball was the columbia plastic Black Knight. Actually won a tournament, in Toledo, using it at the beginning of the resin era. I can guarantee I was the only person using plastic that day.

toledodan
12-17-2009, 12:52 AM
my first ball was a carmel white dot. My all time favorite ball was the columbia plastic Black Knight. Actually won a tournament, in Toledo, using it at the beginning of the resin era. I can guarantee I was the only person using plastic that day.

imperial lanes or southwyck?

flyer85
12-17-2009, 10:52 AM
imperial lanes or southwyck?it was the house where they used to always hold PBA National (don't remember the name).

toledodan
12-17-2009, 10:59 AM
it was the house where they used to always hold PBA National (don't remember the name).

more than likely imperial. of course southwyck did hold a few as well. southwyck is a two sided center.

flyer85
12-17-2009, 11:19 AM
more than likely imperial. of course southwyck did hold a few as well. southwyck is a two sided center.it was imperial then because it was not a two sided center.

toledodan
12-18-2009, 12:25 AM
it was imperial then because it was not a two sided center.

great center. they spent some serious coin fixing the place up a couple of years after i moved there(2002). last i heard though the place was going to be torn down due to another company buying the corner lot. i believe it was a health insurance company that bought it. well at least it wasn't another wallgreens.:D:eek:

flyer85
12-18-2009, 09:02 AM
great center. they spent some serious coin fixing the place up a couple of years after i moved there(2002). last i heard though the place was going to be torn down due to another company buying the corner lot. i believe it was a health insurance company that bought it. well at least it wasn't another wallgreens.:D:eek:

down here in the Dayton area a number of alleys have been torn down and replaced by Walgreens/CVS.

toledodan
12-18-2009, 09:36 AM
down here in the Dayton area a number of alleys have been torn down and replaced by Walgreens/CVS.

i know 2 of the houses i shot 300 in were. royal z miamisburg and centerville lanes. sellouts!:D

flyer85
12-18-2009, 10:47 AM
i know 2 of the houses i shot 300 in were. royal z miamisburg and centerville lanes. sellouts!:D
I grew up bowling at royal z miamisburg (forteners when I started bowling there) and Miami Lanes, bowled a few times at centerville.

OnBaseMachine
01-12-2010, 10:18 PM
I bowled my second 300 game tonight!:beerme:

Redsfan320
01-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Congrats, OBM. I don't mind bowling occasionally, but am not great. Don't think I've ever gone over 140~50 before. :dunno:

kaldaniels
01-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I have no clue when it comes to bowling...

What is the strike percentage of a good amateur bowler. How about for a pro bowler?

I'm just trying to gauge the difficulty level of bowling a 300 game. :dunno:

Kingspoint
01-14-2010, 03:00 AM
What's this "hook" stuff?

OnBaseMachine
01-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I have no clue when it comes to bowling...

What is the strike percentage of a good amateur bowler. How about for a pro bowler?

I'm just trying to gauge the difficulty level of bowling a 300 game. :dunno:

I'm not sure about the strike percentage.

Bowling a 300 is one of the toughest things to do in sports. There are plenty of good bowlers out there who have never thrown a 300 game. Obviously you need to be able to throw a good ball, but luck is a factor too. You can make the perfect shot and still leave a 10 pin/7 pin/8 pin. For example, my brother had the first eight strikes last night and buried one deep in the pocket in the 9th frame and left a 10 pin. He didn't do anything different from the previous eight, he just had bad luck on the 9th one. I've thrown two 300's now in less than a year, but there have been other time where I was perfect through seven or eight frames and made a good shot only to leave a corner pin. It's frustrating, but luckily I've had two games where I hit the pocket with every shot and everything carried.

OnBaseMachine
01-14-2010, 11:36 AM
What's this "hook" stuff?

Hooking the bowling ball to get a better angle at the pocket. Here's a video teaching you how to hook a ball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8pKpNSG8YE&feature=related

Kingspoint
01-15-2010, 09:12 AM
I was kidding, but actually, "Thanks". I've just bowled straight ahead my whole life with expected results.

Spring~Fields
01-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I bowled my second 300 game tonight!:beerme:

Congratulations on that, I think that is really fantastic. :)

OnBaseMachine
01-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks.

Buckeye33
01-16-2010, 03:32 PM
I am back bowling in a full league this winter for the 1st time in 5+ years and am loving it. I forgot how much fun it is to bowl in a league. I am currently up to a 193 AVG and have shot 600+ in 8 of 9 weeks. My goal is to get my AVG to 200 before the end of the season as I am more interested in being a consistent bowler right now than shooting a 300. If you become consistent the high scores will follow.

The thing that killed me was the 1 week of the last 9 that I did not shoot a 600+ I shot a fricken 412!!, easily the worst night of bowling in my league life.

As far as a 300, they are much more common now than they were 10+ years ago because of the technology advance in the equipment but they are still very hard to do. I had the front 9 a couple weeks ago and when I went to shoot in the 10th my heart rate had to be 125+ and of course I pulled my shot terribly.

OnBaseMachine
01-16-2010, 03:46 PM
412 ... now that's frustrating. I've had a few of those. About a month ago I had a 450 series. I was ready to throw my equipment in the river and quit bowling.

600+ in 8 of 9 weeks is impressive though. Keep up the good work.

Buckeye33
01-20-2010, 04:59 PM
412 ... now that's frustrating. I've had a few of those. About a month ago I had a 450 series. I was ready to throw my equipment in the river and quit bowling.

600+ in 8 of 9 weeks is impressive though. Keep up the good work.

Frustrating was not the word. After the middle of the 2nd game I had tried every shot I could think of and just ended up saying screw it and threw my plastic spare ball straight down the middle.

Had a 654 last night with a 3rd game 255. I always enjoy improving every game as it makes me think I am adjusting correctly. 9 out of 10 weeks of 600+.

Of course now that I am bowling so well I want to buy more equipment. :eek:

OnBaseMachine
01-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I did something tonight that I have never seen before - three straight pocket 8-10 splits. Incredible. I couldn't believe it.

OnBaseMachine
01-23-2010, 11:47 PM
I've been in a slump in the last 10 days but I bowled pretty well in my league tonight. The first game I used my MoRich Craze and struggled a bit with only a 176. My thumb was swollen a little bit, so I was having trouble getting my thumb out of the ball clean. In the second game I changed balls from the Craze to the MoRich Weapon of Mass Bias (the ball I threw my first 300 with) and found instant success. I started the game out with six straight strikes and was throwing the ball so well I thought I had a solid chance at another 300. I threw the seventh ball deep into the pocket only to find a four pin staring at me. I ended up with ten strikes for a 259 game. The next game I again threw the ball well except for one ball where I missed way outside and left a tough spare that I missed. I finished that game with a 202 to finish up with a 637 series. I just wish I had changed balls earlier instead of battling thumb problems and waiting until the second game to make a change.

Kingspoint
01-24-2010, 09:53 PM
And a woman wins a Bowling Major!

Danika Patrick and Michele Wie....she ain't!

Congratulations! That would be a great thing for Bowling. Getting the women and men on the same tour. That would open up a ton of different scenarios.

goreds2
01-25-2010, 08:21 AM
And a woman wins a Bowling Major!

Danika Patrick and Michele Wie....she ain't!

Congratulations! That would be a great thing for Bowling. Getting the women and men on the same tour. That would open up a ton of different scenarios.

In case anyone has no idea what you are talking about:

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/kulick-beats-the-pba-boys-makes-history-at-red-rock-82579507.html

OnBaseMachine
01-25-2010, 11:04 AM
In case anyone has no idea what you are talking about:

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/kulick-beats-the-pba-boys-makes-history-at-red-rock-82579507.html

I watched from start to finish. She was awesome. She throws an excellent ball. It's not like she backed in because her opponents bowled bad, she just out bowled them. Her first opponent, Mika Koivuniemi, bowled a very good game of 223 but she outdid him with a 227. In the championship game she bowled a 265, making it almost impossible to beat her. I liked Chris Barnes' reaction at the end. He's a classy guy. Like he said, he's used to losing to women anyways because his wife is a pro bowler too.

goreds2
01-25-2010, 02:55 PM
I watched from start to finish. She was awesome. She throws an excellent ball. It's not like she backed in because her opponents bowled bad, she just out bowled them. Her first opponent, Mika Koivuniemi, bowled a very good game of 223 but she outdid him with a 227. In the championship game she bowled a 265, making it almost impossible to beat her. I liked Chris Barnes' reaction at the end. He's a classy guy. Like he said, he's used to losing to women anyways because his wife is a pro bowler too.

I hope they replay that on ESPN (Instant Classic?). I watched the first match but did not have a chance to watch the remaining.

Kingspoint
01-26-2010, 05:34 AM
I liked Chris Barnes' reaction at the end.

The reaction I liked was the, "Are you kidding me?" reaction to the "I'm getting my booty kicked," as he gets walloped in the Championship game by more than 70 points.

Buckeye33
01-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Highest series of the season last night with a 673. I am most happy that I only had one open frame the whole series and that was only a miss throw on the 4-7. No splits or wild leaves makes me know I was in the pocket all night.

OnBaseMachine
01-27-2010, 10:58 PM
I used my new 900 Global Bounty Hunter tonight in league play and was crushing the pins. The company that makes this ball has a cool marketing ploy going on - if a bowler bowls a sanctioned 300 with the Bounty Hunter the bowler wins a cut of 50,000 dollars. Well, tonight I struck in the first seven frames. I buried the 8th ball deep in the pocket and left a stone 9 pin. I couldn't believe it ... I couldn't have thrown a better ball. I ended up striking in the 9th and 10th. If only that nine pin had carried...

OnBaseMachine
02-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I shot my first 700 series tonight. In the first game I had the first four strikes, then crushed the pocket and somehow left a seven pin, which I missed. I then struckout for a 267. If only that seven pin had fell...the next game I had a 203 and then the last game I started out with the first five strikes, had a pocket split, struck on the next two, and then left another pocket split, and then struckout in the 10th frame for a 232 and 702 series. I could've had two 300 games tonight with a little more luck. Oh well.

Buckeye33
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Congrats on the 700 series OBM! I have a 673 and a 675 the last two weeks (this week was canceled because of snow). I had the front 7 in game 2 of last week and buried the 8th and left a 7 pin and of course missed it and then struck out for a 267. I think I had a 225 in 3rd game but my 1st game wasn't good enough to get the 700.

OnBaseMachine
02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Congrats on the 700 series OBM! I have a 673 and a 675 the last two weeks (this week was canceled because of snow). I had the front 7 in game 2 of last week and buried the 8th and left a 7 pin and of course missed it and then struck out for a 267. I think I had a 225 in 3rd game but my 1st game wasn't good enough to get the 700.

Thanks man.

Glad to hear you're still bowling good. Keep it up. :)

goreds2
02-13-2010, 01:39 AM
http://hudm1012008.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/1998_the_big_lebowski_0041.jpg

OnBaseMachine
02-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Anyone watch the USBC Masters on ESPN today? Walter Ray Williams Jr. is a machine. I love watching him bowl. He shot a 258 to beat Ryan Ciminelli and advance to the championship round and then followed that up with a 290 to defeat Chris Barnes to win his 47th title.

Bumstead
03-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Walter Ray is my favorite bowler. He doesn't use perfect form and he doesn't hook the hell out of the ball but he sure knows how to win and he knows how important spares are to keeping your scores high. I've been bowling in leagues for about 17 years or so. I currently average 203 but am hoping to finish the season at 205 which would be my high for a full season. High series this year was a 735; got 17 out of the last 18...darn 2 pin....

Bum

Buckeye33
03-23-2010, 09:56 PM
I have my average up to 203 but only had a 598 tonight so I will probably be back to 202 next week. One more week so I have the 200+ average locked up and I am proud of that for my first full league in 5+ years.

OnBaseMachine
03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
One thing I've noticed, it seems like a lot of baseball players also enjoy bowling, and are pretty good at it too. I remember hearing Ryan Howard say he bowls a lot and averages around a 205. And our very own Brandon Phillips is an avid bowler, and Joey Votto bowls too. I read on Hal's blog a few weeks ago that Phillips has bowled three 300 games.

Check out this link below to see pics of Phillips bowling.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2041183&postcount=299

A 204, 234, and 279 is very impressive.

goreds2
03-24-2010, 10:28 PM
I just bought the basic Wii system with bowling included. Is it fun to play?

Thanks,

OnBaseMachine
03-24-2010, 10:58 PM
I just bought the basic Wii system with bowling included. Is it fun to play?

Thanks,

Yeah, but Brunswick Pro Bowling is more realistic and very fun to play.

OnBaseMachine
03-24-2010, 11:08 PM
I bowled well tonight, but I'm pretty disappointed right now. I started my first game out tonight with strikes in the first 9 frames. I let up on my speed on the first ball in the 10th frame and ended up going in high, leaving a 4-7 which I picked up, and ended up finishing with a 277 in the first game. In the second game I hit the pocket in every frame but one, but couldn't carry the 10 pin and ended up with a 213. In the third and final game, it was the same story as the previous game. I hit the pocket every frame but left a couple 10 pins but was still shooting at a 220 pace until I messed up and pulled the 9th frame ball right through the nose for a big split. I struck and spared in the 10th and finished with a 687 series. With a little more carry I could've been in the 720-730 range.

I'm disappointed about the first game. I had a great line to the pocket and could have shot another 300 if not for letting up on my speed. That's frustrating.

OnBaseMachine
03-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Video of Brandon Phillips bowling:

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=7220765

BuckeyeRed27
03-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm not quite on the level of OBM but I'm in a league right now. I'm trying to get my average above 155 for the season. I had a 180 177 series last week but could not do anything last night.

Question I wanted to ask is do you guys ever have problems with a specific lane? What I mean is I usually throw it to the same spot and get a nice curve up into the pocket. But last night on both lanes the ball just wouldn't spin. I would leave it way low and pick up 3-6 pins (then I was getting frustrated and missing easy spares). But I really feel like I wasn't doing anything wrong. When I'm off my ball usually spins too much and moves past the pocket. I have never had an issue with the ball not spinning enough.

OnBaseMachine
03-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Question I wanted to ask is do you guys ever have problems with a specific lane? What I mean is I usually throw it to the same spot and get a nice curve up into the pocket. But last night on both lanes the ball just wouldn't spin. I would leave it way low and pick up 3-6 pins (then I was getting frustrated and missing easy spares). But I really feel like I wasn't doing anything wrong. When I'm off my ball usually spins too much and moves past the pocket. I have never had an issue with the ball not spinning enough.

It sounds like you were bowling on some oily lanes. Oily Lane = Less Hook/
Dry Lane = More, earlier Hook.

Here's some advice I learned early on and it's helped me a ton: Move your feet in the direction you're missing. If your ball isn't hooking as much and is missing right, move your feet right. If the lanes are dry and your ball is hooking too much, move your feet left until the ball starts hitting the pocket. By moving right on oily lanes it allows your ball to hit the dryer boards and hook. Hope this helps.

BuckeyeRed27
03-25-2010, 11:59 AM
It sounds like you were bowling on some oily lanes. Oily Lane = Less Hook/
Dry Lane = More, earlier Hook.

Here's some advice I learned early on and it's helped me a ton: Move your feet in the direction you're missing. If your ball isn't hooking as much and is missing right, move your feet right. If the lanes are dry and your ball is hooking too much, move your feet left until the ball starts hitting the pocket. By moving right on oily lanes it allows your ball to hit the dryer boards and hook. Hope this helps.

But aim for the same spot I assume?
What I was trying to do last night was start at the same spot, but aim one arrow to the left. It worked out, but I wasn't getting a lot of strikes out of it because the ball was coming in too high or hitting the wrong side of the head pin and I was leaving the 5 or the 10 almost every time.

OnBaseMachine
03-25-2010, 12:10 PM
But aim for the same spot I assume?
What I was trying to do last night was start at the same spot, but aim one arrow to the left. It worked out, but I wasn't getting a lot of strikes out of it because the ball was coming in too high or hitting the wrong side of the head pin and I was leaving the 5 or the 10 almost every time.

Yeah, aim for the same target. When I first started bowling I'd stand in the same spot and would struggle if the lane conditions didn't fit my approach. Receiving the advice about moving my feet around really helped me out. Hopefully it does the same for you.

I don't know how serious you are about bowling, but another thing you can do is buy two different bowling balls. A strong ball for oily lanes and a weak ball for dry lanes. That would eliminate having to make big adjustments. You would still have to adjust but not as much.

BuckeyeRed27
03-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah, aim for the same target. When I first started bowling I'd stand in the same spot and would struggle if the lane conditions didn't fit my approach. Receiving the advice about moving my feet around really helped me out. Hopefully it does the same for you.

I don't know how serious about bowling you are, but another thing you can do is buy two different bowling balls. A strong ball for oily lanes and a weak ball for dry lanes. That would eliminate having to make big adjustments. You would still have to adjust but not as much.

I've started to think about buying a ball as I've started to build some consistency.

I'll have to play around with moving my feet. I always play with my target when I struggle, but that is really hard because it feels unnatural.

OnBaseMachine
03-25-2010, 09:17 PM
I subbed in a league tonight, and just narrowly missed a 300 again. For the second straight night I started a game out with the first 9 strikes, and then I buried the 10th ball and left a wringing 10 pin, which I picked up, and then struck again for a 279. Stupid 10 pin! I can't begin to describe how frustrated I was when I looked up and saw that 10 pin standing. My other games was a 203 and a 204, with plenty of 10 pins in those games as well. I finished with a 686 series, one pin less than last night.

Frustrating. I really wanted that 300.

goreds2
04-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I subbed in a league tonight, and just narrowly missed a 300 again. For the second straight night I started a game out with the first 9 strikes, and then I buried the 10th ball and left a wringing 10 pin, which I picked up, and then struck again for a 279. Stupid 10 pin! I can't begin to describe how frustrated I was when I looked up and saw that 10 pin standing. My other games was a 203 and a 204, with plenty of 10 pins in those games as well. I finished with a 686 series, one pin less than last night.

Frustrating. I really wanted that 300.

Good job though. As they say, make your spares and do not leave any open frames.

westofyou
04-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Good story

The Remarkable Story Of Tom Smallwood
FROM THE ASSEMBLY LINE TO THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE TO THE PBA CHAMPIONSHIP (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1166979/index.htm)

Buckeye33
04-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Well, I waited until the last week of the league but I finally got my first 700 series. I went 215-251-248 for a 714. As happy as I am that I got the 700+ I am upset that I blew a 290 in the 2nd game. I went 7/ in 1st, then the next 8 strikes. I started to get up to throw the 10th frame and somehow realized I could get the 290 and proceeded to throw the worst shot ever and left the 2-4-7 and whiffed it to leave an open in the 10th. Oh well.

OnBaseMachine
04-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Good story

The Remarkable Story Of Tom Smallwood
FROM THE ASSEMBLY LINE TO THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE TO THE PBA CHAMPIONSHIP (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1166979/index.htm)

I heard about that a couple months ago and Smallwood immediately became one of my favorites on the PBA Tour after I read that. I thought it was one of the best sports stories of the year when he won the PBA World Championship a couple months ago. He's got a very unique style as he barely puts him thumb in the thumb hole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTmNVbjypM

Video of Smallwood's release:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBOSg9NPs-w

OnBaseMachine
04-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, I waited until the last week of the league but I finally got my first 700 series. I went 215-251-248 for a 714. As happy as I am that I got the 700+ I am upset that I blew a 290 in the 2nd game. I went 7/ in 1st, then the next 8 strikes. I started to get up to throw the 10th frame and somehow realized I could get the 290 and proceeded to throw the worst shot ever and left the 2-4-7 and whiffed it to leave an open in the 10th. Oh well.

Congrats!

One of my buddies shot a 799 on Monday night and followed it up with a 764 on Wednesday night. On Monday night he needed a seven count on his final shot for an 800 and only got six pins as he threw the ball too far inside and it skidded down the lane and and never made it to the pocket. He's tough. He uses the two handed style, ala Jason Belmonte.

goreds2
04-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Very cool story about Smallwood. :clap:

OnBaseMachine
04-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Just missed a 300 tonight...

First game: 8 straight strikes to start the game. Buried the ball deep in the pocket in the 9th frame and left a ringing 10 pin. I picked it up and struck out in the 10th frame for a 279 game. 11 strikes.

Second game: 204. Left a pocket split, plus two or three 10 pins, one of which I missed.

Third game: 202. Left a solid four pin, a solid 7 pin, and a couple 10 pins, and one of which I missed again.

279 + 204 + 202 = 685 series.

I've narrowly missed three 300 games in the last 2 1/2 weeks. It's frustrating getting that far only to just miss it.

goreds2
04-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Some very cool bean bag toss boards I saw on Craigslist.

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv261/buckeyegameboards/102_0902.jpg

OnBaseMachine
05-03-2010, 11:27 PM
My Monday night bowling team finished up tonight with my team losing in the championship. I bowled a 234 the first game, a 178 the second game, and a 289 the third game for a 701 series. I had the first 10 strikes in the last game but left a solid four pin on the 11th ball. Oh well, we still get 1000 dollars for second place ($200 per person), plus another $40 per person for winning the 4th quarter. I'll also receive $125 for bowling a 300 game earlier in the season.

This is also the last week for my Wednesday night league. My team is one of six teams in the rolloffs. First place gets $4,000. I'd love to win that money...

BuckeyeRed27
05-04-2010, 10:13 PM
My league playoffs are this Saturday. First place gets the league entry fee back. Second place gets beer.

toledodan
05-04-2010, 10:27 PM
My Monday night bowling team finished up tonight with my team losing in the championship. I bowled a 234 the first game, a 178 the second game, and a 289 the third game for a 701 series. I had the first 10 strikes in the last game but left a solid four pin on the 11th ball. Oh well, we still get 1000 dollars for second place ($200 per person), plus another $40 per person for winning the 4th quarter. I'll also receive $125 for bowling a 300 game earlier in the season.

This is also the last week for my Wednesday night league. My team is one of six teams in the rolloffs. First place gets $4,000. I'd love to win that money...

congrats OBM! keep up the great bowling!:beerme:

Screwball
05-04-2010, 10:35 PM
So OBM, are you pretty much the best bowler in your league? I remember a few years back when I was in a league, the top bowler was around a 204 or so. Looks like your scores would blow that guy out of the water.

Screwball
05-04-2010, 10:36 PM
My league playoffs are this Saturday. First place gets the league entry fee back. Second place gets beer.

Clearly you're shooting for 2nd, right?

:beerme:

OnBaseMachine
05-04-2010, 10:43 PM
So OBM, are you pretty much the best bowler in your league? I remember a few years back when I was in a league, the top bowler was around a 204 or so. Looks like your scores would blow that guy out of the water.

Heck no. The high average in my league was a 222. That guy has been bowling for 30+ years and has an unbelievable 48 career 300 games and 27 800 series. There was a couple other bowlers up around 219-220.

I got off to a bad start this season. As I said earlier in the thread, I just started bowling a little over a year ago and this was the first time I bowled in a league, so I didn't really know the difference in bowling balls and lane conditions. As the year progressed I started to pick up on some of those things and it really helped me out a bunch. I finished the season with an average around 192, which I was quite happy with considering the way I started. If I had to guess, I would say I averaged a 205-208 in the second half of the season. I'm hoping I can carry that into next season.

OnBaseMachine
05-04-2010, 10:45 PM
congrats OBM! keep up the great bowling!:beerme:

Thanks. :)

Screwball
05-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Heck no. The high average in my league was a 222. That guy has been bowling for 30+ years and has an unbelievable 48 career 300 games and 27 800 series. There was a couple other bowlers up around 219-220.

I got off to a bad start this season. As I said earlier in the thread, I just started bowling a little over a year ago and this was the first time I bowled in a league, so I didn't really know the difference in bowling balls and lane conditions. As the year progressed I started to pick up on some of those things and it really helped me out a bunch. I finished the season with an average around 192, which I was quite happy with considering the way I started. If I had to guess, I would say I averaged a 205-208 in the second half of the season. I'm hoping I can carry that into next season.

Ah, gotcha. 192 still very good, especially given the fact you first picked up a bowling ball a short while ago.

I haven't gotten into bowling as much as I have golf, but I gotta think the "improvement curve" (for lack of a better term) is much the same. That is, the better you get, the smaller the incremental improvements are. It's a lot harder and takes a lot more practice to go from a 205 to a 215 avg than, say, a 150 to a 170 average.

OnBaseMachine
05-09-2010, 12:05 AM
My Wednesday night team finished 5th in the rolloffs. Not great but we still got $250 per person.

My Saturday night team made the rolloffs and we'll bowl tomorrow evening for the championship. This is a small league so the first place team will only get $400, or $100 per person.

Redsfan320
05-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Congrats!

And good luck!

OnBaseMachine
05-13-2010, 10:27 PM
My Saturday night team stunk it up. I was the high man on the team with a crappy 543 series. We finished 4th.

I signed up for a 14 week Thursday night summer league just to give me something to do until our fall leagues begin in August. We started tonight and I shot a 181 + 258 + 225 for a 664 series. I missed quite a few easy spares that cost me a 700 series. The first game should have been a 215-220 game if not for missed spares.

Our team won by a combined 650 pins.

toledodan
05-13-2010, 10:38 PM
start my summer league next thursday. just drilled me up 2 new storm balls, heat and tropical storm.

OnBaseMachine
05-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Through the first three weeks of my summer bowling league I'm averaging a 215. I'm hoping to at least keep it up above 205.

toledodan
04-23-2011, 02:32 AM
had to bump this back up. after a 6 year drought i got 300 game # 13.

OnBaseMachine
04-23-2011, 02:54 AM
had to bump this back up. after a 6 year drought i got 300 game # 13.

Congrats! That's a great feat.

toledodan
04-26-2011, 05:11 PM
:D
Congrats! That's a great feat.

thanks! wasn't sure if it would ever happen again.

texasdave
04-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Congrats and time to change that signature. =)

Bumstead
08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Congrats on your 13th 300! I am still searching for that first one. We are two weeks away from finishing up our summer league. It's been feast or famine all summer: have 3 series between 510 and 530 and 4 series between 675 and 700...averaging 208-ish but need to find a way to grind better when I'm not striking.

Currently using a Track 607ASE which has been a great ball for me. Since this is a "have-a-ball" league, I am going to add the 718A to my arsenal in the next week or two.

I'm really looking forward to the winter season which should be starting at the end of the month.

Bum