PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen 757690?

BLEEDS
10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Time for him to pay up his bet.

Reds Runs Scored in 2009: 673

Reds Runs Scored in 2008: 704

Believe me, this was a bet I wanted to lose, but with Taveras getting 404 AB's, 339 in the leadoff, 59 batting 2nd, and only 6 outside of that (batting 8th), it was a huge obstacle to overcome.

Couple that with batting the SS 2nd no matter if his OBP was worse than Taveras', and it became impossible.

Even without Votto and others missing time, outside of getting Manny Ramirez, this team wasn't approaching 700 runs.

BP did play all season, and he did increase his output vs RHP - still to only the tune of .740 OPS, ugh! But at least it wasn't sub 700 like it was last year.

We shall see if we get any improvement over this for next year. I'm not optimistic, since I can't see Duhsty sitting Taveras and his $4M salary for Stubbs, and even if so, looks like Janish is destined for 600 AB's in the 2 hole next year.
Hope Springs Eternal.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

PhillipsHead
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM
I think Jocketty might take the bat out of Janish's hands by going out and getting a SS. Unless he's really sold on the 'defense first' mentality by keeping an excellent glove there with Janish in exchange for a sub-average bat...

BLEEDS
10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I think Jocketty might take the bat out of Janish's hands by going out and getting a SS. Unless he's really sold on the 'defense first' mentality by keeping an excellent glove there with Janish in exchange for a sub-average bat...

I don't have a problem with Janish at SS - IFF I thought there was any chance that Duhsty would bat him 8th, but it won't happen.

SS bats second dude.

The only way to avoid it, is to get him off the roster. It's like giving an alcoholic a bottle and hoping he won't have a drink. You have to remove the tools of self destruction. It's the only way to assure it won't be used.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

texasdave
10-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Don't blame Janish. Don't blame Jocketty. Put the blame squarely where it belongs. Dusty fills out the lineup cards. Dusty should be gone.

bounty37h
10-07-2009, 05:06 PM

He is already quoted as saying he "doesnt expect to add anything in the off season to compete". Nice, already gave up on next year before the off season has really started.