PDA

View Full Version : Mike Zimmer's Wife passes away

acredsfan
10-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Just coming across twitter... shocking... Apparently she died yesterday.

Caveat Emperor
10-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I saw Chad twittered that someone on the team had lost someone very close.

Unbelievably sad -- Mike Zimmer isn't an old guy by any stretch, so I can't imagine his wife was very old at all. My thoughts are with Mike and his entire family today.

Reds4Life
10-09-2009, 11:18 AM
:(

GIDP
10-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Is it bad if I view this more as a bengals than anything else?

WVRed
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM

If you view it as we are likely going to have our defensive coordinator MIA before likely the biggest game this season, then no.

That being said, there are more important things. Thoughts and prayers are with Mike Zimmer and his family. :(

SeeinRed
10-09-2009, 12:10 PM
WCPO is saying that he came home and found his wife unresponsive. He called 911 but I guess it didn't matter at that point. Very sad for anyone to have that happen, especially when they have 3 kids. My thoughts and prayers are with Mike and his family.

GIDP
10-09-2009, 12:34 PM
If you view it as we are likely going to have our defensive coordinator MIA before likely the biggest game this season, then no.

That being said, there are more important things. Thoughts and prayers are with Mike Zimmer and his family. :(

Yea thats how I first reacted honestly. I guess if others kinda felt the same way I wont get to upset at myself for doing it.

Reds4Life
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Yea thats how I first reacted honestly. I guess if others kinda felt the same way I wont get to upset at myself for doing it.

I thought it to, but it's just a game. In the big picture, it doesn't really mean a whole lot. The players still get thier millions, and everyone is happy.

Zimmer on the other hand, his life is now changed forever. He could be gone for the rest of the season. Going to be very hard on him and his family, especially with the holidays coming up. I don't think I'd be in any big hurry to return either.

traderumor
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Is it bad if I view this more as a bengals than anything else?Yes. The "biggest game of the year" isn't even secondary to a man losing his wife of 27 years.

LoganBuck
10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Wasn't she mentioned on Hard Knocks for making cookies for the team, because she thought that Zimmer was too hard on them?

My wife's Grandpa had a heart attack yesterday, it is stuff like this that reminds you of what really is important in life.

Really sad.

Roy Tucker
10-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Yeah, its bad.

Football is just a game. The man lost his wife while they are both in the prime of their lives. A very sad and sorrowful thing.

MWM
10-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow. This is just as awful as awful gets. I can't begin to comprehend the impact something like this would have on a man and their children.

And yeah, when I read the headline, football didn't even cross my mind. It just doesn't matter. AT ALL!

Caveat Emperor
10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
WCPO is saying that he came home and found his wife unresponsive. He called 911 but I guess it didn't matter at that point. Very sad for anyone to have that happen, especially when they have 3 kids. My thoughts and prayers are with Mike and his family.

Oh wow -- I didn't even realize they had kids. :(

Just awful...

camisadelgolf
10-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Wasn't she mentioned on Hard Knocks for making cookies for the team, because she thought that Zimmer was too hard on them?
Yup, that's her. She very frequently made things for the players. Death usually has almost no effect on me, but this one is really hitting me hard for some reason. I wish the Zimmer family the best--I can't imagine what it must feel like.

Boston Red
10-09-2009, 02:52 PM

Not really. It's a horrible story, but you don't know them personally. People die tragically all over the world all the time, but you really can't dwell on that fact or you'd never do anything else.

So, while it's not exactly the perfect reaction, it also doesn't make you a terrible person.

LoganBuck
10-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Oh wow -- I didn't even realize they had kids. :(

Just awful...

One of their sons is an assistant coach for the Saints, so they may be older kids.

Sad

HeatherC1212
10-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Oh wow, that is so heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mike, his family, and all his friends including the Bengals team who sound just as shocked as the rest of us. What a horrible tragedy. :(

RichRed
08-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Article up on espn.com about Zimmer and his wife that I thought Bengals fans might be interested in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=merrill_elizabeth&id=5428446

Playadlc
08-02-2010, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=RichRed;2185434]Article up on espn.com about Zimmer and his wife that I thought Bengals fans might be interested in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=merrill_elizabeth&id=5428446[/QUOTE

Thanks for posting this. It was a great read.