PDA

View Full Version : Is Phil Cuzzi on the take?

Mutaman
10-10-2009, 01:05 AM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but after seeing Cuzzi blow that call on Joe Mauer's double on a play that was RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, you really have to wonder if this guy is on the take. Or else the worst homer in the history of sports.

Other thoughts on a really miserable game:

* After a long dry spell I feel the Evil Empire might just do it. Why do the Twins consistently lay down and lose to these guys. It looks like my only hope is that the Angels advance because unlike Gardenhire, Scioscia actually knows how to beat the Yankees.

* What is Joe Nathan's problem? I know the Twins always tend to choke up everytime they enter the Bronx (6 games, 6 losses, 4 walkoffs) but he was pathetic tonight. He had a deer in the headlights look from the moment he entered the game. Thanks for breaking ARod out of his post season funk.

*I kinow the percentages say not to send Mauer with no outs, but I also knew as soon as he held third that the Twinkies would never get him in.

markymark69
10-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't know if he's on the take, but he blew that call, no question about it. And it had an impact on the game, it cost the Twins a run, although you still have to score when you are presented with a bases loaded, no out situation. We know that from first hand experience.