PDA

View Full Version : Should Dusty Be Nervous?

HalMorrisRules
10-10-2009, 05:03 PM
This article states that Castellini reportedly is hot after Duncan AND LaRussa. Not sure how I feel about that. Glad to be rid of Dusty but after years of cheering against LaRussa I don't know how I would suddenly be able to go into rah-rah mode.

MLB whispers: Is Dusty Baker's job safe in Cincinnati? (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-11-rogers-whispers,0,1352594.story)

TheBigLebowski
10-10-2009, 05:48 PM
He's not going anywhere.

GIDP
10-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Did we win the lottery somewhere?

FlyerFanatic
10-10-2009, 07:45 PM
HELLLL YEEAAHH, get it done bob c!

Red Forman
10-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Dusty has gotta go!!!

BTW....

We all know that Marty B hates Tony L....

I'd luv to hear Marty + Tony pregame radio sessions....

that would be priceless!!!:thumbup:

jmac
10-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Dusty has gotta go!!!

BTW....

I havent heard too many interviews with Tony that I enjoyed. He always seems so annoyed.
Pic would have the worst part and that is trying to interview him after a loss.:eek:
However, Nothing against Dusty but I am sure Tony wouldnt bat low OBP guys at the top and I seriously doubt if he would bat BP 4th.

goreds2
10-11-2009, 03:26 AM
Dusty has gotta go!!!

BTW....

LOL, that would be interesting. :D

RedLakerFan24
10-11-2009, 03:43 AM
I Just want the Reds to do something, im tired of Loosing

Griffey012
10-11-2009, 08:43 AM
I havent heard too many interviews with Tony that I enjoyed. He always seems so annoyed.
Pic would have the worst part and that is trying to interview him after a loss.:eek:
However, Nothing against Dusty but I am sure Tony wouldnt bat low OBP guys at the top and I seriously doubt if he would bat BP 4th.

BP batting 4th this year was never much of an issue. He had 98 RBI's with the 1 and the 2 hole being horrible at getting on base. Being a free swinger it is actually better for him to be in a position to knock guys in than it is to be hitting in front of people waiting for them to drive him in. Ideally 5th or 6th would be perfect for him, but we have no one to hit cleanup.

redsfanfalcon
10-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Why should Dusty be nervous, isn't his contract guaranteed? He would get paid either way.

HalMorrisRules
10-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Why should Dusty be nervous, isn't his contract guaranteed? He would get paid either way.

No one likes rejection of any kind. He is a person too though I am sure he has a lot more wood pulp in him than most.

Kingspoint
10-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Do it. Do it.

Nobody should be allowed to step on a field wearing a REDS' uniform who thinks that a .300 OBP hitter is worthy of being a leadoff man for a team.

Maybe Dusty hated Pete Rose and the Big Red Machine so much that he does it just to get even with the them.

will5979
10-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Maybe Dusty hated Pete Rose and the Big Red Machine so much that he does it just to get even with the them.

No he just does it cause he is a moron.

bounty37h
10-12-2009, 10:01 AM
I hate Tony, but hate losing more, get a winner in here!

Girevik
10-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I would be beyond shocked if Baker were fired, never mind bringing in a guy like LaRussa. I would love to see it, but I don't think it has a chance of happening. I'd just be thrilled if they could just land Duncan.

GBC Red
10-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I would be beyond shocked if Baker were fired, never mind bringing in a guy like LaRussa. I would love to see it, but I don't think it has a chance of happening. I'd just be thrilled if they could just land Duncan.

I would love to see LaRussa here. That being said, it's not going to happen. I agree that Dusty will be the manager next year. I don't think he will be retained through 2011, but as far as 2010 goes, Dusty is our guy.

As for the pitching coach, I wouldn't be shocked if we make strong run at Duncan.

Rockermann
10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't think LaRussa (and possibly Duncan) would come to the Reds without some kind of assurance Mr. C would open the pocketbook to get the one or two missing pieces needed to make the team competitive. Add that cost to the cost of the two of them and I think it just puts it out of the realm of possibilities.

Old NDN
10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Given that Rolen is such an important part of this team now, and his past problems with LaRussa, I just don't see it happening. Duncan would be great, but I think he has his sights set on a manager's job, if he's leaving.

markymark69
10-12-2009, 12:28 PM

Exactly, so why spend all that money on two managers? If Bob is going to go into his wallet, spend it on players. In many cases, the manager is immaterial. If you've got the horses, the manager's chair becomes easy to fill.

corwinator3407
10-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Dusty isn't going anywhere. Neither is LaRussa

DannyB
10-13-2009, 08:31 AM
I am sure Tony wouldnt bat low OBP guys at the top and I seriously doubt if he would bat BP 4th.

I dont think any other manager would.

tobttr
10-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I guess I'm kind of in the middle about Dusty. I think he definitely loves his veterans too much, but to his credit, this team never quit and did increase their win total from 08 despite having everybody in the world on the DL at one time or another.
But a much bigger question to me is why in the world would LaRussa want to leave the St Louis Pujols? And if he did, why oh why go to a small market team that throws nickels around like they are manhole covers? If a big prestigious position came open, maybe....but leave the perennial division champs to manage in Cincy? I just don't see it. Am I missing something?

gedred69
10-14-2009, 11:35 PM
LaRussa is a whining cry-baby, and as ambivalent as I am on Dusty, Better him than the whiner. But Duncan is extremely interesting. Can anyone name another successful pitching coach, that wasn't a pitcher himself?

RedsFan~Ang
10-15-2009, 12:52 AM
I don't think Dusty is or should be nervous. And I don't think that he is the reason for our losing record. He hasn't had alot to work with since joining us. What he had this year was a bunch of AAA players and not alot of offense. Hard to compete when that's all you got!

Va Red Fan
10-15-2009, 09:40 AM
I don't think Dusty will be fired. He is not the biggest problem. If that is how the FO chooses to "fix" things, they are barking up the wrong tree. Give Dusty a power bat in the OF, a SS who can play D and hit for a decent average and stability behind the dish and this team will be a force.

indyredleg
10-17-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't think Dusty will be fired. He is not the biggest problem. If that is how the FO chooses to "fix" things, they are barking up the wrong tree. Give Dusty a power bat in the OF, a SS who can play D and hit for a decent average and stability behind the dish and this team will be a force.

He may not be the biggest problem but Dusty is not one of the answers. A
.520 winning% and an average finish of 3rd place spread out over 16yrs...not mention he has not had winning record since 2004's third place campaign with the Cubs.

Dusty is mediocre and if that is what the ultimate goal of the Fo is then I say keep him.

goreds2
10-25-2009, 03:27 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2457/3858201872_542983f45b_o.jpg

Vottomatic
10-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Tony Larussa agreed in principle to manage the Cards another year.