PDA

View Full Version : uniforms

bounty37h
10-14-2009, 04:49 PM
I was thinking of things to talk about here, kinda dead as we head into off season, and wanted to propose if you could make any one change for the team, what would itbe, but too many easy/obvious, Baker, Tavares, etc.
So, going different direction, if you could change the uniform in any way before next year, what would you do, if anything (and yes, put talent in the uniform is an obvious answer). What is your favorite Reds uniform?

Lockdwn11
10-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I was thinking of things to talk about here, kinda dead as we head into off season, and wanted to propose if you could make any one change for the team, what would itbe, but too many easy/obvious, Baker, Tavares, etc.
So, going different direction, if you could change the uniform in any way before next year, what would you do, if anything (and yes, put talent in the uniform is an obvious answer). What is your favorite Reds uniform?

I wouldn't change a thing I love the new uniforms.

indyredleg
10-14-2009, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't change a thing I love the new uniforms.

:thumbup:

Donder
10-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Get rid of the black bill on the road hats. I think the less black there is, the better.

Eric
10-14-2009, 07:21 PM
All Red hat with white insignia. Get some pinstripes and be a baseball team.

Number_Fourteen
10-14-2009, 07:36 PM
What is your favorite Reds uniform?

'69-'71 uniform. The belt, button up, red/white, plain yet very sharp. As classic a uniform as I've ever seen in baseball.

Ghosts of 1990
10-14-2009, 07:48 PM
we just got new uniforms. I like them. Lets have some tradition and let these stick a while. Good franchises have had the same uniform for centuries.

redhawk61
10-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Get rid of the black bill on the road hats. I think the less black there is, the better.

motion seconded

mlh1981
10-14-2009, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't change a thing.

On a funny note, I own one of the black Reds new era hats with the red bill. Those are popular, but I think I'm the only one wearing them who is actually a fan of the team lol

will5979
10-15-2009, 07:56 AM
I think the less black there is, the better.

You racist or something?

just joking this morning :D

About the uniforms, lets go back to the polyester pullover Big Red Machine uniforms...I hate the button down jersey shirt...pullover are much more comfortable.

Va Red Fan
10-15-2009, 09:33 AM
I love the new unis, but the classic whites of the Big Red machine through the 1990's are still my favorites. All white with a Reds C on the chest was great. I loved the classic red hats with the Cincy C as well.

bounty37h
10-15-2009, 09:39 AM
My Fav is prob the original vest of Klu's days, not the generic retro attempt we made a few years back-those looked so cheap and Myrtle Beach softball league.

Girevik
10-15-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't like the red jerseys they wear on Sundays...I'd like to seem those those. I also like the vest look a lot.

BigPoppa
10-16-2009, 12:21 AM
I know I'm going to be jeered and flamed, but.............

1) I'm not crazy about the BarberShop Quartet font on the current unis.

AND

2) I'd like to see a Black alternate jersey

Okay.....begin your :rant2::nono::thumbdown

Donder
10-16-2009, 07:18 AM
I know I'm going to be jeered and flamed, but.............

1) I'm not crazy about the BarberShop Quartet font on the current unis.

AND

2) I'd like to see a Black alternate jersey

Okay.....begin your :rant2::nono::thumbdown

I'm not crazy about the font but I can't say I notice it that much. And I've already expressed how I feel about black. And let me be specific, I'm only referring to the color as it appears in a baseball uniform. :)

I'd actually love to see the Reds switch out the black as the third color for navy blue.

demas863
10-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Go back to the "pre-Jimbo" days and further - no facial hair, no long hair or sideburns. Pants will be standardized with stocking showing. A uniform, is "uniform." Think of a soldier. No think of a Marine. Castellini can pull this off. He seems "old school" and loves tradition. He appears to engender respect. It would send a message that this team will strive to do everything right and restore the Red tradition and that includes WINNING. I believe discipline, although not sufficient, is required to win. If we're the oldest franchise why do the Yankees carry the banner? Yeah, they've won a lot and are arguably the most disciplined team in baseball, but we've ungrudgingly given up #2. Why did the franchise give up opening day preference? Cas has already made efforts to restore tradition somewhat by bringing back former stars which was welcomed by both fans and players. I know this proposal is bold and controversial and will be ripped by you young whippersnappers:) but as a Redlegs, oops Reds fan since 1945 I think I'm entitled to a little senior citizen leeway. By the way, Jackie Robinson is the greatest player Ive ever seen. When caught in a rundown, which was often, he would always be safe - and at the furthest base. Amazing. Sorry to go a bit off topic.

johnswahoo
10-17-2009, 01:25 AM
I grew up in Pittsburgh and have lived in the Ohio area since 2002. I like the Reds, they aren't my first team, (Pirates) but I do have partial season tickets and do not like the black billed caps.
I would love too see the Reds in Pinstips with redstockings and the red hat. In the the pin strips I would also just have the letter C over the right chest. Something different but also says retro.
I personally love the uniforms of the 80's----c-with reds spelled out, white with red trim and red pull up stockings...
I sometimes think that having the uniforms that players wore before them makes them feel that this is tradition and you need to step inline if you want to be apart of that tradition.
Some players forget that just 30 years back the Reds were a dominate force in Baseball, just the Yankees and Redsox of today. I guess part of the problem is that many of today's players weren't even alive back then. Hell some of the players were just babies when the Reds last went to the World Series!

mroby85
10-17-2009, 11:05 AM

I agree 100%, I would keep it on the outline of the letters though. Outside of the black bill, I wouldn't change anything though.

justincredible
10-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Get rid of the black bill on the road hats and you've got a perfect uniform.

urdun
10-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Get rid of the black bill on the road hats and you've got a perfect uniform.

I agree I like the current uni's.

Pinstripes though, those things were horrible looking! :barf:

KiefMoon
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
I'd actually love to see the Reds switch out the black as the third color for navy blue.

Some of the Reds best uniforms were from the 1930's-40's. Very clean looking with navy blue as a third color. The numbers were actually the same script as the Sawx. Those unis with the current home hat (with navy blue instead of black around the C) would be sweet. Get rid of their names at home too!!

I definitely wish they'd get rid of the black, the only thing black on a Red should be his shoes. The Red jerseys remind me of the old BP jerseys from the 80's.

KiefMoon
11-13-2009, 04:49 PM
If your interested check out this page with every uni from every MLB team ever.
The Reds '47-'55 are some of the best!!!

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?city=Cincinnati&league=NL&sort=year&increment=18&pos=55

George Foster
11-16-2009, 01:12 AM
The reds have not been in the playoffs since 1995. They had no black in their hats or uniforms....just sayin.' The black has been bad luck.