PDA

View Full Version : Texans at Bengals

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Not much cooking so far, Bengals blocked a Texans FG early 0-0 in the 1st Quarter.

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 02:34 PM
After going for it on 4th and 1 the Texans score from about 10 yds out. 7-0 Texans.

So far the D is getting shredded by the Texans.

Degenerate39
10-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Texans get a touchdown

Degenerate39
10-18-2009, 02:37 PM
The Bengals should just act like it's always 4th quarter

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Looks like Odom may be out for quite sometime with a bad achilles injury.

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Palmer looking good so far today but again drops and flags are killing us. Caldwell really stepping up.

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Cedric Benson with a nice rushing TD 7-7 looks like a shootout today.

Degenerate39
10-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Credic Benson is a beast

Degenerate39
10-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Steve Slaton gets a TD for Texans :(

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Bengals D is non existant today. Peko injured has not returned as well as Odom with an achilles injury. Carson is going to have to air it out to keep pace.

Degenerate39
10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Lots of punts today

Degenerate39
10-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Esteban!

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Coles is finally earning that paycheck 14-14.

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Crocker with a big Int and Graham hit a 50 yd FG to end the half 17-14 Bengals.

CTA513
10-18-2009, 03:30 PM
17-14 Bengals after Graham kicks a field goal to end the half.

Crocker picked off a pass and Palmer threw about a 8-9 yard pass to setup the field goal.

Degenerate39
10-18-2009, 03:33 PM
I can't believe they got that last second interception and a field goal.

Brutus
10-18-2009, 03:40 PM
This was the best half of football Palmer has had yet. If not for the early penalties, they'd have three touchdowns on the board most likely. Now they just have to figure out how to get some pressure on Schaub. He's had too much time to throw. Hopefully the injury to Odom isn't serious.

Degenerate39
10-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Leon Hall recovers a fumble!

Yachtzee
10-18-2009, 03:47 PM
I've got the Browns-Steelers this week. Looks like the Browns got robbed on a 4th down stop. The measurement on the chains looked clearly short and the refs gave the Steelers the first down. Steelers then get 3 after a potential catch by Ward in the end zone is ruled a drop. Should still be 14-7.

CTA513
10-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Crappy Coats fumbles and gives the Texans the ball.

Yachtzee
10-18-2009, 03:59 PM
You're killing me Coats!

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 04:06 PM
How green does Coffman have to be to not get any playing time with Coats in there.

Redhook
10-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow, Slaton is dominating the Bengals right now.

dougdirt
10-18-2009, 04:14 PM
We are going to lose this game and its going to hurt.

CTA513
10-18-2009, 04:16 PM
The defense has done nothing and the offense kills itself with penalties, drops and turnovers.

CTA513
10-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Huber with a good punt and then Hebert gives them 15 yards by being dumb.

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Need a score here, have to keep pace.

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Offense has grinded to a halt in the 2nd half.

HeatherC1212
10-18-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm not even watching full time and I can tell this game sucks. :(

Joseph
10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Not a pretty second half.

Playadlc
10-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Ugly game. I don't think the Bengals D has enough depth to survive losing Odom, Peko and Williams.

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Those 12 yds of offense in the 2nd half say it all. Ugggggh!

macro
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Very disappointing performance overall today, but especially the by the defense.

Have the Texans converted every third down and scored on every drive, or does it just seem that way? It seems that they have done whatever they have wanted to do on offense.

The doubters in the media will be out in full force again this week.

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Big fumble there to give the Bengals a little life.

HeatherC1212
10-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Ugly game. I don't think the Bengals D has enough depth to survive losing Odom, Peko and Williams.

What happened to those guys?! :eek:

Well, I just read about Peko and Odom further up the thread but what's up with Williams? That's not good at all. :( We always seem to have a game where we lose players to injury and I guess this one is our game this year. This game SUCKS. :bang:

CTA513
10-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Bengals TEs are playing like they really want to be replaced.

traderumor
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
I had an ill feeling about this game as soon as I saw who we played. Just watched the NFL long enough to know the patterns, and after so much emotion in the last three division wins, I had a feeling this would be a tough game to win. And I really know nothing about the Texans.

Are the injuries temp or many games?

And oh yea, if you're gonna use tight ends in the offense, find some that can catch and hold onto the ball. Geesh.

Joseph
10-18-2009, 05:04 PM
This has seemingly been the MO of this team for a long long time. Win the occasional game against 'better' teams. Lose to teams that they should handle easily.

Reds4Life
10-18-2009, 05:04 PM
What is the word on Odom?

Last I saw they were talking like he might be out for the rest of the season. :(

HeatherC1212
10-18-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm going to look at the positives because I'm trying to remember them instead of just focusing on the loss. We're still undefeated in the AFC North, the offense showed a little life early in the game for once, and we're 4-2 overall after a pretty tough early schedule. Maybe we should just play all hard teams from now on?! :eek:

That's all I've got so someone else may have to help with the whole being positive thing, LOL :laugh:

macro
10-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Can the team petition the NFL to schedule all 16 of its games on the road next season?

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Chicago, Baltimore and Pitts all coming up. I would be happy with winning 2 out of those 3 games with the soft spot of our schedule following those games.

Reds4Life
10-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Chicago, Baltimore and Pitts all coming up. I would be happy with winning 2 out of those 3 games with the soft spot of our schedule following those games.

I think we win just 1 of the 3, maybe none.

macro
10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
I think we win just 1 of the 3, maybe none.

If the offense doesn't get its acto together and a couple of these injured defensive players don't come back soon, 4-5 after the next three games is a real possibility.

traderumor
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm going to look at the positives because I'm trying to remember them instead of just focusing on the loss. We're still undefeated in the AFC North, the offense showed a little life early in the game for once, and we're 4-2 overall after a pretty tough early schedule. Maybe we should just play all hard teams from now on?! :eek:

That's all I've got so someone else may have to help with the whole being positive thing, LOL :laugh:I think the 4-2 is the important thing to look at. I really haven't seen the Texans play, but apparently they have some offensive talent to chew up what seems to be a legit Bengals D.

The Bengals O--I think Bratkowski and Lewis decided the type of football they wanted to play in the offseason, but have the same players to try to play it with. They want to emphasize the run, but their personnell is still strongest with the wideouts. Of course, why you would want to do that with a golden armed QB and an above average core of receivers is beyond me.

macro
10-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Dave Lapham just said that Odom, the NFL's leader in sacks, is out for the season.

Reds4Life
10-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Dave Lapham just said that Odom, the NFL's leader in sacks, is out for the season.

UGH.

HeatherC1212
10-18-2009, 05:32 PM

THAT.SUCKS. :( :bang: :eek:

macro
10-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Let me add that I took that from a Bengals board, and did not hear it for myself. I assume it to be true.

joshnky
10-18-2009, 05:38 PM
I think the 4-2 is the important thing to look at. I really haven't seen the Texans play, but apparently they have some offensive talent to chew up what seems to be a legit Bengals D.

The Texans are an excellent offensive football team. Really, as bad as the defense played, this is a game the offense has to pick up the slack against a bad Texans D. The defense was on the field for the entire second half, which certainly didn't help matters.

Can you imagine how much better this offense would be with a healthy Utecht and Kelly? Coats and Foschii are not NFL-quality tight ends.

KoryMac5
10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Odom is a huge loss for this team as he can play both inside and out on the D Line. I guess it is time to see what Frostee and Michael Johnson can do. It is going to be hard to replace those 8 sacks.

If Peko is out for an extended amount of time this game is going to really hurt.

Redsfaithful
10-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Houston isn't a bad team at all, and they have easily the best offense the Bengals have seen this year. A loss here isn't that surprising, especially after having to constantly be up for the past three weeks; it's hard to maintain that kind of intensity forever.

It's the injuries that are really disturbing, that's the Bengals luck rearing it's head again.

Would be a good sign if they can beat Chicago, but Odom and all the other little injuries have me pretty worried now.

Also not sure what's up with the offense, they have four legit receivers who can catch the ball, why are they throwing to their horrible tight ends so much to begin with? If they aren't going to stay in and block they might as well be playing Coffman, at least he can (presumably) catch and not fumble.

joshnky
10-18-2009, 08:09 PM
If they aren't going to stay in and block they might as well be playing Coffman, at least he can (presumably) catch and not fumble.

Is Coffman even active? I thought that because the others are a little more advanced and Coffman is one dimensional (and doesn't play special teams), they were leaving him off the active roster each week.

WebScorpion
10-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I find it odd when looking back at this thread that nobody mentioned what I was thinking at the time. The Bengals (especially the defense) spent more time mourning and less time preparing for the game this week. They attended the funeral together and I just don't think their hearts were in it (the game) this week. As far as I'm concerned, they get a free pass for this game. In truth, I wouldn't blame them if they said, "Hey, it's just a silly game." and played this way all season. How Zimmer is continuing on, I don't know...I guess he knows it's what she would have wanted. The saddest part of this season is that they could come together, win it all, and still not be able to fully enjoy it.
Now that the Chicago game is over, we've seen what they CAN do. I hope they can focus enough to continue executing. To perform like that, in the face of what they've been through, I'll be proud to be a Bengal fan for the rest of the season no matter what they do. GO BENGALS! :notworthy

traderumor
10-26-2009, 04:05 PM
I find it odd when looking back at this thread that nobody mentioned what I was thinking at the time. The Bengals (especially the defense) spent more time mourning and less time preparing for the game this week. They attended the funeral together and I just don't think their hearts were in it (the game) this week. As far as I'm concerned, they get a free pass for this game. In truth, I wouldn't blame them if they said, "Hey, it's just a silly game." and played this way all season. How Zimmer is continuing on, I don't know...I guess he knows it's what she would have wanted. The saddest part of this season is that they could come together, win it all, and still not be able to fully enjoy it.
Now that the Chicago game is over, we've seen what they CAN do. I hope they can focus enough to continue executing. To perform like that, in the face of what they've been through, I'll be proud to be a Bengal fan for the rest of the season no matter what they do. GO BENGALS! :notworthyGreat point. As for Zimmer, I imagine work is therapy, sort of like the Joey Votto situation, where as long as he was focused on baseball, he could stuff down the feelings about his dad's death. I imagine this offseason will be the critical time for Zimmer, but then he isn't young and will most likely be able to deal maturely with this brutal fact of life.

bucksfan2
10-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Now that the Chicago game is over, we've seen what they CAN do. I hope they can focus enough to continue executing. To perform like that, in the face of what they've been through, I'll be proud to be a Bengal fan for the rest of the season no matter what they do. GO BENGALS! :notworthy

Good point. I would be more inclined to agree if the Bengals hadn't been notorious at laying eggs and playing uninspired in games. Even a handful of years ago when they had a top offense, the Bengals would come out flat and lose to teams they shouldn't have. The Houston game reminded me of that, although I thought Houston was a horrible match up for the Bengals.