PDA

View Full Version : Bengals vs. Ratbirds Thread - Part Deux

The Operator
11-08-2009, 01:41 AM
I have a good feeling about this game, but this is The Bengals, so I hate to get too optimistic. I just feel like the Bengals actually stack up pretty well against The Ravens. On top of that, Palmer is 7-3 with a rating of around 90 against them for his career.

Since it's a divisional game, I know it will be tough. That being said, I loved the way Bob Bratkowski put together the offense (I never, ever thought I would type those words in that order) for the Bears game. The unbalance line was really creative. If they keep that kind of creativity up, the offense could have a big day. Palmer and the receivers match up well against the Ravens secondary. So I think the key will be to establish the running game.

On the defensive side, Flacco doesn't scare me that much but they do need to keep him under pressure. Ray Rice is their weapon that I'm concerned about. If they can shut him down, it should be a good day.

Prediction: 31-20 Bengals

macro
11-08-2009, 01:55 AM
This game and the game next week against the Stealers are each potentially worth three games in the standings. Any game against a divisional rival is already worth two games in the standings against that team. But the NFL's first tie-breaker between two teams is, of course, the head-to-head record.

If the Bengals beat the Ravens tomorrow, they're not just two games better off than if they lose. They also will win the head-to-head season record against them, as well. That's worth an additional game in the standings, because then the Ravens would then have to beat the Bengals by at least one game in the standings and not just tie. The tie would go to the Bengals.

If the Ravens win, the head-to-head would no longer apply since the two teams will have split. In that case, the Ravens could win a tie between the two teams, depending on how deep into the tie-breakers they would have to go.

Same scenario applies next week against Pittsburgh. Needless to say, the next two games are significant.

I'm once again a bit surprised that Vegas, the media "experts", and NFL fans, in general are all picking the Ravens. Not sure what the Bengals have to do to get respect. Don't get me wrong, a loss tomorrow or next week won't surprise me one bit, but I just find it odd that most non-Bengals fans are expecting it.

Mario-Rijo
11-08-2009, 06:15 AM
It's really gonna be imperative that we get out to an early lead. The last game I knew we'd pull out but this is now a different game, a couple of reasons why.

#1 - No Antwan Odom helping to create pressure from the front 4 without blitzing. I hope Rucker (and the home crowd) helps to make up for that with a good game.

#2 - Along with #1 the Ravens will have their LT back in Gaither and Oher goes back over to RT where he is better suited currently. They should run the ball more effectively and they did ok in spurts running it in game 1. Keeping us off balance could make for some big pass plays if we are not careful. We are clearly at a bigger disadvantage than we were before when our defense is on the field.

#3 - Our offense is/was playing great going into the bye but the bye week for us usually results in a sluggish start to the next game in the Marvin era. If the Ravens do indeed run the ball better in addition to the bye we may never get rolling.

#4 - The Ravens got their swagger back and regardless if it's real or not (I don't think so they are what they are) they are coming in more confident in themselves after that slaying of Denver last week.

We must get off to a great start offensively and (I can't believe I am saying this) through the air. I suspect the Ravens game plan will be to stop our run since they couldn't last time. We need to come out taking advantage of their agression in this area. Throw to set up the run later.

I believe they have the edge as they have something to prove, have momentum and are healthier both physically and from a confidence standpoint. That's why we must come out smoking and take that momentum/confidence away from them. I believe the Bengals know this however so let's hope they come out sharp on both sides of the ball and put them away early.

Redsfan320
11-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna go with 37-34, Bengals. I fear that Flaco may be dominant today, but I think Cedric Benson will save it for the Bengals.

Playadlc
11-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Ngata is inactive today for the Ravens. That's pretty big.

Roy Williams is also out again today.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Ngata being out is huge for the Bengals as he is really active on the D line for the Ravens. Bengals have to come out early and score quickly or it could be a long game at home. I would like to be able to split the next two games with Pitts next week and Baltimore today. Can't afford to lose both.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Bengals looking good so far up 7-0 on a Palmer to Caldwell TD.

cincrazy
11-08-2009, 02:43 PM
14-0 Bengals. They have about 117 yards, the Ravens have five. DOMINANT!

Redsfan320
11-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Bengals offense and defense looking awesome today.

WVRed
11-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Morgan Trent had a very nice tackle on the return and the Ravens got hit again with a holding penalty.

You have to wonder if Brian Billick is off laughing somewhere. John Harbaugh has gotten outcoached on numerous occasions this season.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Brat seems to have found his way calling the plays the last couple of weeks. Benson definitely makes things easier. Ocho is playing great today.

WMR
11-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Who DEY! Bengals look freaking awesome.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Looks like Henry is done for a while with a broken arm.

guttle11
11-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Time for Jerome Simpson to take the floaties off.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Good to see Coles getting more involved, underutilized so far this season.

WMR
11-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Bengals are rolling.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 03:10 PM
17-0 as Graham connects on a short FG.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 03:19 PM
When did Foschi turn into Mark Bavaro.

WMR
11-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Ced runs like he is pissed off. I love it.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Hall is quickly becoming a very good corner. Bengals have a nice duo.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Da Bears getting waxed again today by the Cardinals 31-7 at the half. Warner has 4 TD's.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 03:33 PM
17-0 at the half way to go Bengals!

WVRed
11-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I think the Bengals are going to miss Chris Henry. The offense has looked completely out of sync on passing plays since he went down and you could even debate whether he would have made the catch that Coles went out of bounds on that led to the FG.

If not for class tomorrow night, I would watch the Steelers-Broncos game. I'm hoping for a long game in that one to wear down the Steelers.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Flacco throws another pick, not sure why Joseph was ruled down though nobody on the Ravens touched him.

Dom Heffner
11-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Why not just give the ball to Benson here? Don't get cute.

Dom Heffner
11-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Never mind- CBS Sportsline had the Bengals 1st and goal at the 3. That's not the case.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Bengals need to exploit those all out blitzes on third down the Ravens are using. Brat needs to go back with what was working in the first half. More Benson.

cincrazy
11-08-2009, 03:59 PM
I think the Bengals are going to miss Chris Henry. The offense has looked completely out of sync on passing plays since he went down and you could even debate whether he would have made the catch that Coles went out of bounds on that led to the FG.

If not for class tomorrow night, I would watch the Steelers-Broncos game. I'm hoping for a long game in that one to wear down the Steelers.

Henry hasn't played much of a role in the offense so far this year. They have looked a bit sluggish since he left, but I think that's just a coincidence. The Ravens are doing a better job of mixing up their blitzes and getting to Palmer a bit quicker. It sucks to see Henry go, but I don't think it will make all that much of a difference.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Rivers out with a calf injury hopefully he is only down for 1 game.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Nice D play call by Zimmer.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Ravens with 78 yds total offense today. Nice job by the D.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Ravens finally score their first TD. 17-7 with about 13 mins left.

Dom Heffner
11-08-2009, 04:36 PM
There is a part of them that will always be the Bungles LOL...

The Operator
11-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Chad the fumble machine. Ugh.

LoganBuck
11-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Come on Chad...

Hold the ball

Dom Heffner
11-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Love to read the tweet on that.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Ocho needs to work all week on securing the darn football.

Dom Heffner
11-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Ocho needs to work all week on securing the darn football.

Who has time for that when you're making cute pictures of your opponents?

I love Chad, but he could have picked a better time for that one...

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 04:45 PM
That takes the wind right out of the sails there.

The Operator
11-08-2009, 04:46 PM
The Bengals really lucked out there. Chad, you owe the defense dinner.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Who has time for that when you're making cute pictures of your opponents?

I love Chad, but he could have picked a better time for that one...

Exactly, I love when Chad is having fun, but there is a time and a place for certain things.

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I may have thought about going for it on 4th and 1 but I think Marvin made the right call.

LoganBuck
11-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Fanene ==== Stupid

The Operator
11-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Way to go, Fanene.

Redhook
11-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Another sack for the Bengals on 4th and 29. Huge win for the Bengals. I really can't believe how good they are. I'm shocked and extremely thrilled. Who dey!

LoganBuck
11-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Bengals win!

KoryMac5
11-08-2009, 05:14 PM
BIG WIN! First win coming out of a Bye week since 2003. Dominant D performance today, the corners looked great and the D line was stout. Cedric Benson has really been a difference maker.

reds1869
11-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Huge win. Power has shifted in this division. Next week is the most important game of the year.

TeamSelig
11-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Great win. I actually thought we would lose that one. Hopefully Pittsburgh loses this week so next week isn't as "must-win"

The Operator
11-08-2009, 05:38 PM
As an afterthought, I'm glad to see Coles is finally starting to get in the action.

With Henry probably out for the year, they really need to have him come through in the second half. The receiving core of Chad-Coles-Caldwell can still be a strong one, but it hurts to lose Henry. He is a great deep threat.

Do we now get to see what Jerome Simpson can do?

macro
11-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Well, one thing's for sure. The Bengals will be Vegas underdogs again next week and the majority of the experts will be picking Pittsburgh, because...well, you know...they're the Stealers, after all, and they're the defending champions, and this game is in Pittsburgh, and they'll be ready for the Bengals this time, and the Bengals can no longer sneak up on anyone, and...etc...etc...etc...

On the other hand, the Bengals have historically not done well when favored, so while I complain about the continued lack of respect and the media's continued fawning over the teams that did well last year, I acknowledge that it's better for the team to be disrespected.

Mario-Rijo
11-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Henry hasn't played much of a role in the offense so far this year. They have looked a bit sluggish since he left, but I think that's just a coincidence. The Ravens are doing a better job of mixing up their blitzes and getting to Palmer a bit quicker. It sucks to see Henry go, but I don't think it will make all that much of a difference.

To be fair CC we can't be all that sure without watching game tape. He's made big plays when he has been thrown the ball but when he has been in the game how much pressure has he taken off of Chad? My guess is he has played a part in assisting running DB deep while others get to work the middle/underneath routes. Plus you also knew that if we ever got into a hole we could bring him out to help catch up we now lose that luxury. Hopefully Jerome and maybe even Cosby can help out.

The Operator
11-08-2009, 05:52 PM
For once, I would love to go into Pittsburgh and absolutely obliterate them. Hines Ward and Ben Roethlisberger are two of the most unlikable, actually hate-able people on the face of the planet in my opinion. I'd love nothing more than to go into their home field and take away their lunch money.

That being said, I'm sure it will be a tough game and if the Bengals win it will be no easy task.

Mario-Rijo
11-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Well, one thing's for sure. The Bengals will be Vegas underdogs again next week and the majority of the experts will be picking Pittsburgh, because...well, you know...they're the Stealers, after all, and they're the defending champions, and this game is in Pittsburgh, and they'll be ready for the Bengals this time, and the Bengals can no longer sneak up on anyone, and...blah...blah...blah...

On the other hand, the Bengals have historically not done well when favored, so while I complain about the continued lack of respect and the media's continued fawning over the teams that did well last year, I acknowledge that it's better for the team to be disrespected.

We can handle the Steelers but we simply don't play as well against their WR's who are so much better all the way around. We dominate the Ravens WR's however. Even still the Steelers have to play the Ravens twice more and they already have a loss in the division so we should control our own destiny win or lose, unless we underperform against Cleveland again or Pitt just flat out ends up with a better record which is completely possible in fact I think it's likely. So basically yeah it's the game of the year next week and we must scratch out a win.

Mario-Rijo
11-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Oh and props to Bratkowski as he had the perfect gameplan this week and called a pretty solid game. He used the passing game to set up Benson early on and we kept them off balance for the most part the rest of the day.

HeatherC1212
11-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Wow, good job Bengals! I wasn't sure how this game was going to go today and I'm thrilled they pulled off the win. :D I was in my car driving home and listening to most of the game this afternoon, but the offense seems to be finding its groove on a more consistant basis which is awesome. I feel bad for Chris Henry though. Hopefully other guys step up to help out and mad props to the defense today who definitely took care of the Ravens offense. Who Dey!! :jump:

Tony Cloninger
11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
What about the WR from UTah...Freddie Brown? I know he is on the practice squad...maybe he can do some things to help.

Sea Ray
11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Dave Lapham should know the rules a little better. After the sack on Flacco and Fanene took off his helmet in celebration Lap was saying onthe radio "that'll mean a 15 yd penalty and an automatic first down." It was only as the Bengals were snapping the ball that it occured to Lap that he was wrong. I got news for him:a dead ball foul after 4th down does not give you the chance to replay the down. It is a post possession penalty. I flipped to TV and Enberg and Fouts knew better. They knew the Bengals would retain possession. Of course Brad Johansen stayed silent. He knew less about the rules than Lap did. Not a banner moment for the Bengals' broadcast team

cincrazy
11-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Dave Lapham should know the rules a little better. After the sack on Flacco and Fanene took off his helmet in celebration Lap was saying onthe radio "that'll mean a 15 yd penalty and an automatic first down." It was only as the Bengals were snapping the ball that it occured to Lap that he was wrong. I got news for him:a dead ball foul after 4th down does not give you the chance to replay the down. It is a post possession penalty. I flipped to TV and Enberg and Fouts knew better. They knew the Bengals would retain possession. Of course Brad Johansen stayed silent. He knew less about the rules than Lap did. Not a banner moment for the Bengals' broadcast team

Actually, you must have flipped over after Enberg and Fouts FINALLY got it right. They were wrong at first, too. "Oh wait, is this going to be a first down for the Ravens!?"

Ugh. Such simple rules that can't grasp.

cincrazy
11-08-2009, 08:39 PM
What about the WR from UTah...Freddie Brown? I know he is on the practice squad...maybe he can do some things to help.

Has anyone signed Joey Galloway yet? I know he struggled in NE, but I'd get ahold of his agent ASAP. He could be a nice deep threat, and would give the wide receiving corps another solid veteran presence.

cincrazy
11-08-2009, 08:41 PM
To be fair CC we can't be all that sure without watching game tape. He's made big plays when he has been thrown the ball but when he has been in the game how much pressure has he taken off of Chad? My guess is he has played a part in assisting running DB deep while others get to work the middle/underneath routes. Plus you also knew that if we ever got into a hole we could bring him out to help catch up we now lose that luxury. Hopefully Jerome and maybe even Cosby can help out.

Well, I'm not going to say the injury has no impact, after thinking about it more. You are right in that there could be some things that are hard to pick up on that he changes just by being in the game.

But, he's the sixth leading receiver on the team. He has really struggled this year, and was also dealing with some leg issues that kept him from getting open deep effectively.

The loss certainly isn't good, but I don't think it has THAT much of an impact, to where I'm worried about it.

Mario-Rijo
11-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Well, I'm not going to say the injury has no impact, after thinking about it more. You are right in that there could be some things that are hard to pick up on that he changes just by being in the game.

But, he's the sixth leading receiver on the team. He has really struggled this year, and was also dealing with some leg issues that kept him from getting open deep effectively.

The loss certainly isn't good, but I don't think it has THAT much of an impact, to where I'm worried about it.

I hope your right. However I disagree that he has struggled, he's done relatively well considering he's rarely thrown too being the 4th WR on a team now running the ball. He's got 12 catches 226 yards 18.8 yards per catch and 2 TD's, not bad production for only being thrown to 22 times and he has no drops, not bad for a guy with leg problems. Oh and 45.5 % of his catches for a 1st down.

Dom Heffner
11-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I think Henry is a non-factor, or at least the Bengals should be fine without him.

I think he's been playing hurt all year until now, anyway- he was just now getting to 100%.

LoganBuck
11-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Has anyone signed Joey Galloway yet? I know he struggled in NE, but I'd get ahold of his agent ASAP. He could be a nice deep threat, and would give the wide receiving corps another solid veteran presence.

No. Joey is old and washed up.

WMR
11-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Galloway would be a horrible target. I'd utilize one of our younger guys in more sets before I signed someone like him.

Yachtzee
11-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Before the season, there's no way I thought they would be 6-2 and 4-0 in the division. They've locked up a winning record in the division and come out 6-2 with most of their toughest opponents already vanquished. The biggest challenges coming up seem to be Pittsburgh and Minnesota, but hopefully they don't trip up against the Raiders, Lions or Browns. They also have to play San Diego on the road and the Bengals don't usually do well on the West Coast.

D is holding up well in spite of injuries. Only 215 total yards for the Ravens and a big chunk was gained on the Ravens' last play where Rice caught the ball and ran all over the field and the Bengals let him run because it was killing the clock.

The Operator
11-09-2009, 12:54 AM
I really hope The Bengals can keep Mike Zimmer around for quite a while as DC.

As good as he is, I would imagine he'd have some options sooner or later as a potential head coach. I really hope they can hang onto him. He's one of the best, IMO.

GIDP
11-09-2009, 01:21 AM
I wouldnt be surpried if they dont IR Henry. I mean a broken bone takes some time to heal but its not a season ending injury and they have enough depth to just deactivate him.

We have Cosby who is already active on sundays, plus Coffman and Simpson who are on the rosters as it already is. Do they really need to make a move? Unless Henry is out for the year for sure then I dont see it being a big deal.

Sea Ray
11-09-2009, 01:56 AM
With surgery I think they will IR him. Some breaks take longer than others to heal. I think this is a major break

GIDP
11-09-2009, 02:04 AM
With surgery I think they will IR him. Some breaks take longer than others to heal. I think this is a major break

Well even the major breaks take like 6 weeks at most to heal. It's all about if they think he would be recovered by playoff time or not. There is a good chance he could be back by week 15 if the guy heals quick.

CTA513
11-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Purify, Simpson and Cosby are the 3 guys Palmer brought up when asked about Henrys injury.

Purify is on the practice squad so Henry would have to go on IR or they would have to cut someone else for him to get a chance. I would like to see Simpson get a chance but my guess is Purify will be the guy since he also plays special teams.

GIDP
11-09-2009, 02:26 AM
I think I expect Cosby just to get reps as the 4th guy.

WebScorpion
11-09-2009, 02:33 AM
I think I expect Cosby just to get reps as the 4th guy.
That was my thought too. I think he's the best deep threat. :thumbup:

TeamSelig
11-09-2009, 02:50 PM
lol@ analysts talking about how this is a huge loss for the Bengals. A guy who has had 12 receptions in 8 games.

cincrazy
11-09-2009, 03:23 PM
No. Joey is old and washed up.

Is he really that horrible? I barely watched him at all in NE this season, so I'm not saying you're wrong, I have no idea. I just find it hard to believe that the guy could drop off that far that quick. Plus, IMO, Galloway at 50 could go out there and produce more than Jerome Simpson or some of the other options.

guttle11
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Well even the major breaks take like 6 weeks at most to heal. It's all about if they think he would be recovered by playoff time or not. There is a good chance he could be back by week 15 if the guy heals quick.

Healing the bone isn't the only issue. With a broken arm he can't lift or catch passes until it's fully healed. Even if the bone fully heals in 6 weeks, it'll be another 2-3 weeks until he get even close to being in "game shape".

I think best case scenario is that he's ready to play by mid-January. Given that he's the 4th WR option and there have been/will be injuries to other positions, it's best to IR him. If the Bengals haven't found a way to make up the production or attention grabbing of Henry by then, that's their fault. My guess is that it'll turn out ok.

bucksfan2
11-09-2009, 04:35 PM
lol@ analysts talking about how this is a huge loss for the Bengals. A guy who has had 12 receptions in 8 games.

Henry will be a big loss for the Bengals, and a tough WR to replace. What he does for the offense isn't always measured in catches. When he is on the field the defense has to know where he is. Because of his speed and deep play ability he usually requires safety help over the top. It opens up the field for the other WR's to work. So yea this injury hurts because it is difficult to replace someone with Henry's skill set.

cincrazy
11-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Henry will be a big loss for the Bengals, and a tough WR to replace. What he does for the offense isn't always measured in catches. When he is on the field the defense has to know where he is. Because of his speed and deep play ability he usually requires safety help over the top. It opens up the field for the other WR's to work. So yea this injury hurts because it is difficult to replace someone with Henry's skill set.

I think, in most other years, this statement is dead on. But Chris Henry hasn't been the same receiver this year. He was slowed up with leg problems towards the end of the preseason, and I don't think he ever regained his burst. Maybe teams were still accounting for him just based on his past reputation, I give you that much. And for that, yeah this will hurt us a bit.

But in terms of production, we aren't losing anything. The guy just hasn't been very good this season.

Mario-Rijo
11-09-2009, 07:46 PM

At darn near 20 yards a pop those are some highly important catches. It's no longer a critical loss like in years past due to the ever emerging running game but it's one of the few guys who we have that can legitimately stretch the defense and pick up chunks of yards. Go find another guy who gets the ball thrown to him only 2-3 times a game at most and can put up the kind of yards/TD's he can. Go find a 4th or even 3rd corner who can cover him, heck that even goes for most starting CB's. We can win without him but schematically/strategically speaking it's a loss don't kid yourself.

Mario-Rijo
11-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I think, in most other years, this statement is dead on. But Chris Henry hasn't been the same receiver this year. He was slowed up with leg problems towards the end of the preseason, and I don't think he ever regained his burst. Maybe teams were still accounting for him just based on his past reputation, I give you that much. And for that, yeah this will hurt us a bit.

But in terms of production, we aren't losing anything. The guy just hasn't been very good this season.

Again I just have to disagree CC. Even with the leg issues he had (Marvin said his legs had bounced back nicely after the bye and he was feeling good) 20 yards a catch. On his current pace (assuming he didn't start to play a bigger role) he was headed for about 25 catches for 450 yards or better and 4 TD's. That's outstanding production for a 4th WR.

Redsfaithful
11-09-2009, 07:54 PM
This is an elite football team, I've bought all the way back in. Throwing away the Denver game which was a once in a lifetime loss, you have one other loss in a week where the Bengals went to Vicki Zimmer's funeral and dealt with that all week.

4-0 in either the toughest or second toughest division in football is really impressive. To me it's not really a matter of whether or not they make the playoffs anymore, it's how far they can go when they get there.

This is all assuming no horrific injuries to someone like Palmer down the stretch, which admittedly would be pretty Bengal-like.

LoganBuck
11-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Lapham hinted tonight that Maurice Purify would be the player to fill Henry's roster spot. Purify has physical size, and the key here imo, plays special teams. Henry did not play special teams, by having Purify on hand, the Bengals would be clear to deactivate Daniel Coats, and activate Chase Coffman. So Carson Palmer would have a good target to work the middle of the field.

Sea Ray
11-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Lapham hinted tonight that Maurice Purify would be the player to fill Henry's roster spot. Purify has physical size, and the key here imo, plays special teams. Henry did not play special teams, by having Purify on hand, the Bengals would be clear to deactivate Daniel Coats, and activate Chase Coffman. So Carson Palmer would have a good target to work the middle of the field.

They've already filled his spot with Scott Kooistra but I don't think they're done. I think they may juggle something this week in order to get Purify on the roster.

LoganBuck
11-10-2009, 12:01 AM
They've already filled his spot with Scott Kooistra but I don't think they're done. I think they may juggle something this week in order to get Purify on the roster.

Fui Vakapuna would be my choice to be released and then signed back to the practice squad, or left to wander in the wilderness.

Sea Ray
11-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Fui Vakapuna would be my choice to be released and then signed back to the practice squad, or left to wander in the wilderness.

No can do. According to the current CBA, a player plucked off another team's practice squad has to be kept on the 53 man roster for a minimum of three weeks

Mario-Rijo
11-10-2009, 01:56 PM
No can do. According to the current CBA, a player plucked off another team's practice squad has to be kept on the 53 man roster for a minimum of three weeks

Which is why Jerome Simpson will probably have exactly one shot to prove he belongs before Purify takes his spot.