PDA

View Full Version : No Fun League

Brutus
11-13-2009, 05:12 PM
OK.

I get it. I knew Ochocinco would draw a fine from the good people in Roger Goodell's NFL Commissioner office. After all, they're an uptight bunch. So I anticipated a slap on the wrist.

But come on.

Ochocinco Fined 20K for Attempted 'Bribe' (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4651092)

Appearance of impropriety? Conduct unbecoming of an NFL player? Can anyone take a joke these days?

So I suppose if I walk up to a policeman, waive a dollar bill, and say with a smile... "say, you think this will get me a free pass?" that I'm now bribing a police officer? People need to take a step back, take a deep breath and gain some perspective.

I doubt very seriously citizens and fans of the N.F.L. are ignorant enough to think that because Chad jokingly flashed a one dollar bill, that suddenly he or the league officials are suddenly more susceptible to bribery or gambling. What a ridiculous stance by the No Fun League commissioner's office.

Hoosier Red
11-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Here's what I wanted to know. Who gave him the $1 bill? I assume Chad didn't bring it out with him from the locker room? So who on the sideline has Chad come up to them and say "Hey man give me a $1 and I'll give it to the ref. That will be funny." and says, "Sure, this will work."