PDA

View Full Version : Costas/Selig interview on MLB

BigPoppa
11-15-2009, 02:30 AM
This interview is very difficult to watch because Bob and Bud keep shouting over each other and the crosstalk is very distracting.

Bud seems to dismiss any chance of reinstating Pete Rose.

KiefMoon
11-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Forget about Pete right now. Selig has a hard on for Giamatti that stretches for years. He (and I think Vincent) almost blame Rose for Bart's death. As long as Bud is in charge Pete's not getting in anywhere.

Selig comes off in that interview as being completely moronic about the true state of the game. He thinks because every year a small market team beats the White Sox (not that hard to do) in the Central that the competitive balance of baseball as it applies to budgets is GREAT. There's no problem according to him. What a f*@$ing joke. Baseball needs some type of cap. it's not necessarily bad for baseball that the Yankees or Sawx win titles but it is bad when Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Oakland can't compete at the highest level every year. He completely doesn't understand that. If he wants NFL business he needs to use NFL tactics.

Redsfan320
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey, at least Bud will be gone in three years. I was not previously aware of this until he said it on the interview. :D

bounty37h
11-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Forget about Pete right now. Selig has a hard on for Giamatti that stretches for years. He (and I think Vincent) almost blame Rose for Bart's death. As long as Bud is in charge Pete's not getting in anywhere.

Selig comes off in that interview as being completely moronic about the true state of the game. He thinks because every year a small market team beats the White Sox (not that hard to do) in the Central that the competitive balance of baseball as it applies to budgets is GREAT. There's no problem according to him. What a f*@$ing joke. Baseball needs some type of cap. it's not necessarily bad for baseball that the Yankees or Sawx win titles but it is bad when Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Oakland can't compete at the highest level every year. He completely doesn't understand that. If he wants NFL business he needs to use NFL tactics.

Is that the cap though, or a sign of bad F.O.? I amn def all for a cap, but think small markets teams use that as an excuse to not spend money, or spend wisely, a lot of times as well.

KiefMoon
11-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Is that the cap though, or a sign of bad F.O.? I amn def all for a cap, but think small markets teams use that as an excuse to not spend money, or spend wisely, a lot of times as well.

What's FO?

bounty37h
11-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Front office