PDA

View Full Version : Former Mariners pitcher Moyer back in hospital

robmadden1
11-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Former Seattle Mariners pitcher Jamie Moyer was hospitalized in Philadelphia on Wednesday because of recurring symptoms from sports hernia surgery in September.

Phillies physician Michael Ciccotti told MLB.com that Moyer, 47, was “completely comfortable and fine.”

“We’re just taking appropriate precautions, and also wanting to do what we can to make sure he’s on track for spring training,” Ciccotti said.

Ciccotti said Moyer felt an increase in pain over the weekend and is being evaluated.

Moyer underwent surgery Oct. 2 and was hospitalized for three days the next week because of a blood infection.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/story/969756.html

Redsfan320
11-26-2009, 10:42 AM
That's a shame. I've always liked him. He wore those socks high, and he got hitters out while never throwing over 86mph. My guess is that with this surgery, and getting booted to the pen last season, that he'll retire sometime before spring training.

muddie
11-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Hard to imagine Moyer retiring but I guess the odds are stacked on this one. The one little trivia thing with him is that he is Digger Phelps son in law, in case anyone out there cares a bit.