PDA

View Full Version : RedsZone Heisman Trophy Vote

KoryMac5
11-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Tough year for the Heisman, nobody really stands out as a clear cut favorite. However I am sure that with all our collective college football knowledge we will be able to come up with a pick that is deserving.

Pick one form the list or write in a player. Make your choice and be prepared to back it up.

GIDP
11-30-2009, 06:50 PM
My write in is Gerheart unless hes on the list that I cant see yet

WMR
11-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Tobey Gerhart.

dougdirt
11-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Kellen Moore. TD to INT ratio is insane. His team in undefeated. Its a shame he doesn't get more pub for this thing.

Hoosier Red
11-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Colt McCoy, big time QB has had some huge games lately, plays in a better conference than Moore and on a better team than Gerhart

BuckeyeRed27
11-30-2009, 07:20 PM
1. Gerhart
2. Moore
3. McCoy
4. Suh
5. Spiller

Revering4Blue
11-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Colt McCoy, big time QB has had some huge games lately, plays in a better conference than Moore and on a better team than Gerhart

+1

Razor Shines
11-30-2009, 08:21 PM

Yeah

OnBaseMachine
11-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Toby Gerhart. I didn't see Gerhart's name on the poll until after I voted for write-in option. 1,730+ yards, 26 rushing touchdowns, plus a TD pass. He gets my vote.

Toby Gerhart
Colt McCoy
Case Keenum
Kellen Moore
LaMichael James

KoryMac5
12-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Toby Gerhart. I didn't see Gerhart's name on the poll until after I voted for write-in option. 1,730+ yards, 26 rushing touchdowns, plus a TD pass. He gets my vote.

Toby Gerhart
Colt McCoy
Case Keenum
Kellen Moore
LaMichael James

Gerhart is pretty awesome football player and besides his good stats the kid is taking 21 credits at Stanford with a very good GPA. Not too shabby.

Mario-Rijo
12-01-2009, 08:00 AM

Same here. Not to mention he has alot of votes in his area and was arguably fairly deserving last year as well. It's suppose to be a 1 year award but we all know your reputation plays a part in the minds of some of the voters. I think it ends up something like the following.

McCoy
Gerhart
Tebow
Moore
Spiller

Redlegs212
12-01-2009, 08:31 AM
McCoy gets my vote... I really do think he is overrated but he has arguably been the best player (of course he had help with an awful Non Conference Schedule)

bucksfan2
12-01-2009, 08:41 AM
1. Suh - Most dominating player in college football.
2. Gerhart - Great RB. Has put up some insane stats.
3. Spillier - Home run threat that is a good RB and return man.
4. McCoy - Had a better year last year.

It would be an outright shame if the voters give the award to Tebow. To be honest he hasn't been all that impressive this season.

DTCromer
12-01-2009, 11:18 AM
The Heisman trophy is for the best player in college football, correct?

Then it should go to Ndamukong Suh.

It won't, but it should. oh well.

This year's winner will be a mediocre/below average winner.

Oxblood
12-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Will Tebow even get an invite? Should he?

MWM
12-01-2009, 03:13 PM

He'll not only get an invite, I think he's the most likely candidate to win it. The media has been looking for a reason to justify giving it to him and he's been playing well the last few games of the season. He'd have been in my top 3 or 4 each of the past 2 seasons, but based purely on this season, he wouldn't make my top 5. I always use the litmus test of if we didn't know who this guy was coming into the season, how would we rank him. Florida has survived this year mostly because a dominant defense, although the offense has looked strong recently.

I'd give it to Gerhart or Spiller, then Ingrim, McCoy or Moore. All were great THIS YEAR and aren't in the conversation mainly because of their team (McCoy might be an exception to that). Unfortunately, the Heisman has become an exposure award and Tebow has gotten more exposure than any college football player I can remember. He's a great ambassador for the game and he seems to be a genuinely great human being. The game needs more of that. But his on-field performance is not up to the level of the other great players this season.

Chip R
12-01-2009, 03:34 PM

I think he's not only going to be invited but he will host the show and they are renaming the award to "The Tebow". All that after he cures cancer that afternoon. ;)

bucksfan2
12-01-2009, 04:24 PM
He'll not only get an invite, I think he's the most likely candidate to win it. The media has been looking for a reason to justify giving it to him and he's been playing well the last few games of the season. He'd have been in my top 3 or 4 each of the past 2 seasons, but based purely on this season, he wouldn't make my top 5. I always use the litmus test of if we didn't know who this guy was coming into the season, how would we rank him. Florida has survived this year mostly because a dominant defense, although the offense has looked strong recently.

I'd give it to Gerhart or Spiller, then Ingrim, McCoy or Moore. All were great THIS YEAR and aren't in the conversation mainly because of their team (McCoy might be an exception to that). Unfortunately, the Heisman has become an exposure award and Tebow has gotten more exposure than any college football player I can remember. He's a great ambassador for the game and he seems to be a genuinely great human being. The game needs more of that. But his on-field performance is not up to the level of the other great players this season.

If Tebow wins the award this year it will be a lifetime achievement award. It would be similar to giving Derrick Jeter the MVP this season. Don't get me wrong if I had a son who played football in college I would want him to be just like Tebow, the guy is just a stand up kid. But the reality is I am sick and tired of hearing about him. To me this season he wasn't anything special. He gets a lot of passing TD's and yardage because of YAC. Florida's OCC schedule was lackluster, and that is being nice. If his name was any different or he played at any other university he would be a boarder line top 5-7 candidate. In all reality he would get some credit for leading the #1 ranked and undefeated team in the country.

Its unfortunate that Suh hasn't gotten the kind of Heisman support from Nebraska. It is also unfortunate that Gerhard plays on the west coast and plays for Stanford. Both are dominant performers. McCoy to me is similar to Tebow but I think he has put up better numbers and has been more important to his team. Unfortunately for him he didn't put up 2008 numbers this season. Moore is a nice story but get real. Playing one legit opponent shouldn't get you Heisman pub. He is similar to the Houston kid, nice story, great numbers, but not a Heisman contender.

dabvu2498
12-01-2009, 04:42 PM
He gets a lot of passing TD's and yardage because of YAC.

Tebow or McCoy? (or Keenum to some extent)

I've heard McShay and/or Kiper say that McCoy's completion percentage when throwing the ball further down the field than 10 yards is one of the worst in college football.

KronoRed
12-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Tebow didn't win it last year and had a much better offensive year, he was also left off quite a few ballots.

He has no shot this year.

redsfan1966
12-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Gerhart won the Heisman last Saturday...

durl
12-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Randall Cobb. :D

swaisuc
12-04-2009, 09:28 AM
I think it's going to be whoever has the biggest game this week out of Tebow, McCoy, and Ingram.

I'm not a fan, but Tebow continues to be the primary reason why Florida is better than everybody else by a pretty good margin IMO.

DTCromer
12-04-2009, 09:35 AM
I think it's going to be whoever has the biggest game this week out of Tebow, McCoy, and Ingram.

I'm not a fan, but Tebow continues to be the primary reason why Florida is better than everybody else by a pretty good margin IMO.

Nahh, Ingram effectively eliminated himself vs Auburn.

IT's between Tebow and McCoy and Colt will win it this weekend.

IMO, there's a bit of a backlash on the Tebow front because there are actually people who are sick of him. I think McCoy wins it.

Tebow's numbers this year, just like every year, are a bit inflated and well, just not deserving of a Heisman candidate.

Highlifeman21
12-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Who's wishing Tony Pike hadn't missed some games due to injury?

IMO, he'd be a top 3 Heisman Finalist if he played the full season

DTCromer
12-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Most dominating player in CFB tonight is doing what the most dominating player should do. 8 tackles, 3.5 sacks vs Texas.

Looking at it objectively, Gerhart was running all over very soft defenses. ND? USC? Great numbers, but the guy did it against inferior teams.

give it to Suh. NOW!

MWM
12-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I want to change my vote. Suh is the best, most dominating player I've seen all year hands down. He should get it.

paintmered
12-05-2009, 11:13 PM
I want to change my vote. Suh is the best, most dominating player I've seen all year hands down. He should get it.

I don't know how anyone can argue anything else. I'm convinced on Suh.

paintmered
12-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Meanwhile, C.J. Spiller is having a MONSTER game against Georgia Tech.

Roy Tucker
12-05-2009, 11:44 PM

Me too. Suh is a football player. McCoy looked like he had no idea.

kaldaniels
12-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Not so fast my friends...

Be it the Official "Nissan" Heisman vote or the Official Redszone vote...how could anyone place one ballot before the biggest game of the year for Tebow,Mccoy,Ingram,Spiller and even Suh for that matter.

Now that the dust has cleared, I will cast my vote for Ingram (who had been my guy for most of the year regardless with McCoy a close 2nd). In an ideal world, I'd give serious consideration for Suh...but on a 2nd-tier (in terms of rankings) team, a dominant DT just isn't a realistic option in terms of the national electorate.

However I reiterate...shouldn't the Heisman "send out ballots" after this weekend instead of allowing early voters.

EDIT: This poll is locked...are you kidding me?

KoryMac5
12-06-2009, 12:28 AM

The poll was opened on 11-30-09 at 6:48 pm and closed after 6 days. However even with your vote for Ingram he would still finish a distant fourth place. But I do think Kal you bring up a good point as some writers have already sent their ballots in without watching these last few games this week.

kaldaniels
12-06-2009, 12:32 AM

The poll was opened on 11-30-09 at 6:48 pm and closed after 6 days. However even with your vote for Ingram he would still finish a distant fourth place. But I do think Kal you bring up a good point as some writers have already sent their ballots in without watching these last few games this week.

Thanks Kory and of course I knew my vote wouldn't sway things here...I just am prepared to be disgusted when at the Heisman ceremory they mention how some voters turned in their votes early November.

KoryMac5
12-06-2009, 12:20 PM
It will definitely be a fun comparison to make when the votes come out next weekend. I will bump this thread to see if anyone would have changed their votes based on the last few performances.

DTCromer
12-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm goign to vomit if Tebow or McCoy get it.

It'll be a disgrace to all former winners.

GIDP
12-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I might change my vote to CJ Spiller

MWM
12-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah, now that the season is over and the full body of work is present, I think it becomes obvious who should NOT get it. Like I said, I'd have an easy time voting for Suh. It's rare that a single defensive player can have that much impact on a game similar to an offensive player. Suh seems to be that exception and I'd love to see him rewarded for it.

But assuming no one is going to vote for a defensive player, I'd have to go with Gerhart or Spiller. Both have been outstanding this year. I also don't especially care for how accomplishments of these types of players have a tendency to be written off for things like soft schedules and such. Big brand players never have to worry about this, but the pundits look for reasons to minimize the play of the no brand players. That's too bad becuase if it were that simple, we'd see seasons like theirs every year and we don't. The NFL is littered with great players from small schools, lesser conferences, etc... so I don't have any problem with taking guys like Spiller or Gerhart and saying they are the most outstanding player in the country.

kaldaniels
12-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Vegas Odds for the Heisman as of 12/7/09

CJ Spiller +5000

Colt McCoy +125

Kellen Moore +1500

Mark Ingram -350

Ndamukong Suh +500

Tim Tebow +2500

Toby Gerhart +300

Hoosier Red
12-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm goign to vomit if Tebow or McCoy get it.

It'll be a disgrace to all former winners.

Especially Gino Torretta.
What will Eric Crouch think.
Jason White might buy the Heisman he sold to pay rent back just so he can renounce it.

GIDP
12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Vegas Odds for the Heisman as of 12/7/09

CJ Spiller +5000

Colt McCoy +125

Kellen Moore +1500

Mark Ingram -350

Ndamukong Suh +500

Tim Tebow +2500

Toby Gerhart +300

Interesting that the DT has higher odds than CJ Spiller.

Danny Serafini
12-07-2009, 07:39 PM
No need to put any money on Spiller or Moore. Finalists have been announced, it's Gerhart, Ingram, McCoy, Suh and Tebow.

DTCromer
12-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Especially Gino Torretta.
What will Eric Crouch think.
Jason White might buy the Heisman he sold to pay rent back just so he can renounce it.

Those guys actually had pretty good winners.

Eric Crouch winning it was a disgrace because it was a "career" heisman.

Toretta was actually a pretty good QB and his win over Marshall Faulk that year solidified his win.

Just because a guy doesn't do well in the NFL doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it. I mean, even Tebow deserved it his sophomore year IMO and he's not going to amount to much at the QB position.

HotCorner
12-07-2009, 09:56 PM
I changed my vote. I vote for Suh. He's simply the best college football player this season.

Oxblood
12-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Tebow getting an invite over Moore is a joke. Look at the numbers.

BuckeyeRed27
12-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Tebow getting an invite over Moore is a joke. Look at the numbers.

Tebow came in 5th and is only being invited to help ratings. If Moore came in 5th he wouldn't have been invited at all.

DTCromer
12-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I think the only reason I'll watch the trophy presentation this year is because the next 30/30 thing ESPN is showing after the presentation. "The U."

http://30for30.espn.com/film/the-u.html

Jack Burton
12-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Beano Cook's vote
1. McCoy
2. Ingram
3. Tebow

George Foster
12-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Wow, Ingram not getting any respect from the Red zoners. SEC haters?

The best player on the best team? Ingram.

RedsBaron
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I would vote for Ingram. Now if I had the first pick in the NFL draft I might select Suh.

BuckeyeRedleg
12-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Spiller deserves better.

GIDP
12-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I would vote for Ingram. Now if I had the first pick in the NFL draft I might select Suh.

I would draft Suh but i would ban signs that said "Suh- weeeeeet" from being in my stadium.

joshnky
12-12-2009, 07:03 AM
There is a website called http://stiffarmtrophy.com/ that has accurately predicted the Heisman winner seven years in a row. They compile all the ballots they can find that the voters post on their blog or in columns and then make a prediction based on that. They have the following results:

Ingram - 48.1% (projected winner)
Gerhart - 44.7%
Suh - 42.8% (most first place votes)
McCoy - 33.8%
Tebow - 10.6%

Mario-Rijo
12-12-2009, 07:10 AM
I would change my earlier vote (McCoy) after having watched Suh vs. Texas. Suh is some kind of player.

sonny
12-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Wow, Ingram not getting any respect from the Red zoners. SEC haters?

The best player on the best team? Ingram.

I honestly don't get the love for the guy. sure, he had 1800 all purpose yards, but he had some weeks where he really didn't make a difference. Even the SEC title game where he had 3 TD's he was buried at the line more often that a heisman winner should (avg 3,8 yds a carry). Just don't see why the Heisman has to go to the "best" player on the best team.

Still Gerhart for me, the guy brings it every game.

redsfandan
12-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks Kory and of course I knew my vote wouldn't sway things here...I just am prepared to be disgusted when at the Heisman ceremory they mention how some voters turned in their votes early November.
Saw this a little more than halfway down the page of the website that joshnky mentioned a few posts ago:
"What projection will you give voters who voted before Saturdays games?" About 10% of (the 926) voters voted prior to the final Saturday games.

DTCromer
12-12-2009, 11:33 AM
I think we'll be in for a bit of surprise tonight. I really think Suh is "THIS CLOSE" to winning the thing.

kaldaniels
12-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Saw this a little more than halfway down the page of the website that joshnky mentioned a few posts ago:
"What projection will you give voters who voted before Saturdays games?" About 10% of (the 926) voters voted prior to the final Saturday games.

I'm pleasantly suprised at the 10 percent figure. Still I question the voting credentions of those turning ballots in before that Saturday.

redsfandan
12-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Updated: December 12, 2009, 9:14 PM ET
Ingram wins Alabama's 1st Heisman

NEW YORK -- Mark Ingram completed the trophy case at Alabama, delivering the first Heisman to a school that boasts one of the richest histories in college football.

The tough-running sophomore tailback won the Heisman Trophy on Saturday night in the award's closest vote. Next, he'll try to lead the most storied program in the South to a national championship.

Ingram finished 28 points ahead of Stanford running back Toby Gerhart, the tightest finish in the 75-year history of the award.

1st
Place Total
Player Votes Votes
Mark Ingram 227 1,304
Toby Gehart 222 1,276
Colt McCoy 203 1,145
Ndamukong Suh 161 815
Tim Tebow 43 390

Ingram wiped away tears before starting his speech and his voice wavered throughout.

"I'm a little overwhelmed right now," he said. "I'm just so excited to bring Alabama their first Heisman winner."

Ingram received 227 first-place votes and 1,304 points. Gerhart got 222 first-place votes and 1,276 points, while Texas quarterback Colt McCoy, last season's runner-up, received 203 and 1,145.

Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was fourth and Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, who won the Heisman two years ago, was fifth.

The previous closest vote in Heisman history came in 1985, when Auburn's Bo Jackson beat Iowa quarterback Chuck Long by 45 points.

Ingram won four of the six regions. Gerhart took the far west and Suh won the southwest.

Ingram has been the backbone of Alabama's offense all season, rushing for a school-record 1,542 yards, gaining 6.2 yards per carry and scoring 18 touchdowns.

And in his final chance to make a case for the Heisman, facing Florida's then-top-ranked defense, Ingram ran for 113 yards and scored three touchdowns to punctuate his season.

The win sent the top-ranked Crimson Tide to the BCS national title game against McCoy and No. 2 Texas on Jan. 7 at the Rose Bowl.

Ingram is the third consecutive sophomore to win the Heisman since Tebow became the first in 2007 and he will be the sixth winner in the last seven years to go on to play in the BCS national championship game.

Few college football teams can match Alabama's history of success. The Crimson Tide dominated the Southeastern Conference for decades. With six AP national championships, only Notre Dame and Oklahoma have won more.

But at Alabama, it's a coach who has towered over the program more than any player.

The previous closest vote in Heisman history came in 1985, when Auburn's Bo Jackson beat Iowa quarterback Chuck Long by 45 points.

Ingram won four of the six regions. Gerhart took the far west and Suh won the southwest.

Ingram has been the backbone of Alabama's offense all season, rushing for a school-record 1,542 yards, gaining 6.2 yards per carry and scoring 18 touchdowns.

And in his final chance to make a case for the Heisman, facing Florida's then-top-ranked defense, Ingram ran for 113 yards and scored three touchdowns to punctuate his season.

The win sent the top-ranked Crimson Tide to the BCS national title game against McCoy and No. 2 Texas on Jan. 7 at the Rose Bowl.

Ingram is the third consecutive sophomore to win the Heisman since Tebow became the first in 2007 and he will be the sixth winner in the last seven years to go on to play in the BCS national championship game.

Few college football teams can match Alabama's history of success. The Crimson Tide dominated the Southeastern Conference for decades. With six AP national championships, only Notre Dame and Oklahoma have won more.

But at Alabama, it's a coach who has towered over the program more than any player.

Bear Bryant led some of college football's greatest players -- from Joe Namath to John Hannah, Ken Stabler to Ozzie Newsome -- but never had a player even finish in the top three of the Heisman voting over his more than three decades at Alabama.

David Palmer, the shifty receiver and return man, was third in the Heisman voting in 1993, the best finish by a Crimson Tide player.

No major college program had won more games without a Heisman winner.

"Everybody that's been in the Alabama family has been supporting me," Ingram said. "Walking to class, students flashed me the Heisman pose."

Now he can take his place among Alabama's greats and the Paul W. Bryant Museum has a new piece of a hardware to display.

Ingram came to Tuscaloosa from Flint, Mich., the son of the former Michigan State and NFL receiver of the same name. Tide coach Nick Saban had coached the elder Ingram in college.

Mark Ingram Sr. was a Super Bowl hero for the New York Giants, but last year he was sentenced to almost eight years in prison on bank-fraud and money-laundering charges. Then he did not show up at the federal prison in Kentucky to serve his sentence, which might cost him even more time.

The elder Ingram was found hiding out in a Michigan hotel the same day his son played Utah in the Sugar Bowl last season.

He has been serving his time in a New York City holding facility, where he's better able to watch his son's games on TV.

"My father has been a great influence on my life and I love him to death," Ingram said on the podium.

The father has seen his son quickly blossom into a feature back. As a freshman last season, Ingram was Bama's No. 2 back, with a nose for the goal line. He ran for 728 yards and a team-high 12. This season, he's been the best weapon on an offense with a first-year starting quarterback and a rebuilt offensive line.

And he's been at his best against most of Alabama's best competition. He opened the season with 150 yards rushing and two TDs against Virginia Tech, had 172 yards rushing at Mississippi, and set a Bryant-Denny Stadium record with 246 yards versus South Carolina.

In what was billed as the year of the quarterback -- with Tebow, McCoy and last year's Heisman winner Sam Bradford -- all returning to college, Ingram emerged as the Heisman front-runner at midseason.

His only poor game, a 30-yard rushing performance against Auburn on Nov. 27, came at the worst time and in front of a national television audience.

But with the Tide playing in the biggest game of the season, a No. 1 vs. No. 2 SEC championship against Florida, Ingram had one more chance to impress voters -- and he delivered.

Tide fans like to say their team is about winning championships, not Heismans.

Thanks to Ingram, Alabama might get both this season.

Handofdeath
12-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Beano Cook's vote
1. McCoy
2. Ingram
3. Tebow

Beano Cook is a joke.

cincrazy
12-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Beano Cook is a joke.

You should have heard his reasoning for his ballot on the Brian Kenny show. The guy is not competent. AT ALL. I don't know if it's his age, or if he's always been halfway out there, but nothing he said made sense. I almost felt bad for him.

jmcclain19
12-13-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm pleasantly suprised at the 10 percent figure. Still I question the voting credentions of those turning ballots in before that Saturday.

I question whether 10% of those voters actually even have a TV.

Looking at that Heisman Voter list...its a doozy.

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/voterlist.html

jmcclain19
12-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Also - to add on to that comment about the Heisman Voter list. In 2001 I worked for a media outlet, sitting directly behind the college football beat writer.

That blowhard, who spent his days opining about the time when men were men and football was a true game, not this pansy nonsense with penalties they play today, told everyone and their brother that he left off Rex Grossman completely off his ballot because "a sophomore should never win the Heisman - it's a reflection of that man's full collegieate career".

Instead, he voted for Joey Harrington and Eric Crouch 2nd. Crouch ended up winning by one of the closest margins in recent memory (the only one in the last 30 years that didn't have a winner broach 1000 points). I would have voted for Joey that year too, but to leave Grossman off (which I am sure others did as well) definitely cost him the Heisman and was completely irresponsible.

DTCromer
12-13-2009, 01:36 AM
I love how the media said Ken Dorsey wasn't good enough to win the Heisman because he had so many players around him and then Leinhart wins the Heisman 3-4 years later.

THEN, the next year, they said McGahee and Dorsey wouldn't win the Heisman (finished 4-5) because they would split the votes yet Bush/Lienhart finished 1-2 or 1-3 a few years later.

bucksfan2
12-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I love how the media said Ken Dorsey wasn't good enough to win the Heisman because he had so many players around him and then Leinhart wins the Heisman 3-4 years later.

THEN, the next year, they said McGahee and Dorsey wouldn't win the Heisman (finished 4-5) because they would split the votes yet Bush/Lienhart finished 1-2 or 1-3 a few years later.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the regional voting and its effect on the Heisman. I think its the biggest reason that Gerhart didn't win the Heisman and that a shame.

As for the Bush Leinhart example I think that was a unique situation. Not only were they largely considered the team of the decade but they also played in LA. They were celebrities for 3-4 years and had all kinds of attention on them. It is unique that a player comes from nowhere and wins the Heisman. I think that was the biggest thing with McGahee and Dorsey. IIRC McGahee was largely unheard of prior to his break out season. Bush and Leinhart were considered the best college football players over a 3 year span.