PDA

View Full Version : I found a Big Red Machine team autographed ball!

adampad
12-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Check this out! I found this at a antique store! It's pretty faded, but you can make out Bench, Morgan, Foster, "George" Anderson, and just barely Rose. Anyone wanna help me figure out all the signatures I can't read?

Any clues on what it's worth? I'm thinking on tossing it on Ebay, since the 90's teams (sadly) meant more to me than the legendary 75-76 squads.

Redsfan320
12-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Cool! Sorry, but I've got no idea on what its worth, or any of the signatures.

Vottomatic
12-15-2009, 09:41 PM
I'll give you a buck for it. ;)

texasdave
12-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Shoot Woy a PM. If anyone would know I would bet it would be him.

TheBigLebowski
12-16-2009, 08:13 AM
I'd buy it.

I'm a collector of sports memorabilia, but only of teams/athletes of which I am a fan. I never sell anything that I buy because I don't want the stuff for speculative purposes.

Based on the pictures of that ball, I'd say it's worth a couple hundred bucks, as long as we could confirm all the signatures are there. The fact that it is faded causes it to obviously lose a little aesthetic as well as financial value, but it's still pretty danged cool and I would certainly love to have it.

Red in Atl
12-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Back in the day the 580 Gift Shop used to sell team balls with all the teams sig's on it. Don't know if that's what this is, but those things were only like $10 back then. Just FYI.

bounty37h
12-16-2009, 02:22 PM
I'd buy it.

I'm a collector of sports memorabilia, but only of teams/athletes of which I am a fan. I never sell anything that I buy because I don't want the stuff for speculative purposes.

Based on the pictures of that ball, I'd say it's worth a couple hundred bucks, as long as we could confirm all the signatures are there. The fact that it is faded causes it to obviously lose a little aesthetic as well as financial value, but it's still pretty danged cool and I would certainly love to have it.

I have been a collector since 1982, with autos being my main thing. Looking at these photos, the condition is pretty poor, both the ball and sigs. Unfortunatly, I doubt you could get $100 for it to be perfectly honest with you, and again, based only on the photo's. I would say just hold on to it as a neat thing you enjoy, thats worth more then that actual ball at this point.
Looking at pics again, I bet you couldnt even get $50 for it, sigs are shot.

nineworldseries
12-16-2009, 05:02 PM
How much did you pay for it, if I might ask?