PDA

View Full Version : When does "spin" come out from an organization?

Kingspoint
12-22-2009, 06:46 AM
During the time season tickets are being sold for the upcoming season.

I'm still waiting for some substance on the upcoming season.

I loved what Walt had to say last year at this time and couldn't agree with him more. But, I've heard so little this season.

The direction was pretty clear last year.

I feel like they are unsure of their direction.

The only thing I've heard so far is we aren't trading anyone and we need to cut payroll or something along those lines. Don't know how those two things go together.

We have commodities in Arroyo and Harang, and despite their problems (Arroyo and his guitar playing causing his carpal tunnel, and Harang and his inability to prevent extra-base hits the last two years), these two pitchers have got to be highly sought after in spite of their salaries. They aren't that exhorbitant of salaries. It's not like they are Top-20 salaries among pitchers or anything.

It's confusing. Some straight talk from Management would be beneficial.

Vottomatic
12-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Why do we need spin? If healthy, this team is a legit contender.

1. Bruce is healthy in RF. Probably hit 40 HR's, and hopefully increase his batting average.
2. No more Tavares in CF. Drew Stubbs or Dickerson are both defensive and offensive upgrades.
3. Plenty of choices in LF. Gomes, Heisey, Balentein. Gomes is not signed yet, I know.
4. Rolen is an upgrade at 3B defensively and offensively over EE. Leadership is valuable too.
5. Janish defense isn't a question mark, but his bat is.
6. BP played hurt most of last season. Potential 30-30 man. Great D.
7. Votto is the leader of this team offensively. Can hit for power and average. He is our Larry Walker/Matt Holliday.
8. Hanigan/Hernandez is one of the best catching platoons in mlb, when healthy.
9. Starting rotation is average. Harang, Arroyo, Bailey, Cueto, Maloney/Lehr/Wood.
10. Bullpen is strong.

Nothing wrong with this team when healthy.

GIDP
12-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Why do we need spin? If healthy, this team is a legit contender.

1. Bruce is healthy in RF. Probably hit 40 HR's, and hopefully increase his batting average.
2. No more Tavares in CF. Drew Stubbs or Dickerson are both defensive and offensive upgrades.
3. Plenty of choices in LF. Gomes, Heisey, Balentein. Gomes is not signed yet, I know.
4. Rolen is an upgrade at 3B defensively and offensively over EE. Leadership is valuable too.
5. Janish defense isn't a question mark, but his bat is.
6. BP played hurt most of last season. Potential 30-30 man. Great D.
7. Votto is the leader of this team offensively. Can hit for power and average. He is our Larry Walker/Matt Holliday.
8. Hanigan/Hernandez is one of the best catching platoons in mlb, when healthy.
9. Starting rotation is average. Harang, Arroyo, Bailey, Cueto, Maloney/Lehr/Wood.
10. Bullpen is strong.

Nothing wrong with this team when healthy.

I dont know what to say to half of those points.