PDA

View Full Version : Trade thoughts:

vottofan4life
12-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Any trade that makes sense and that could help our team from here on out go ahead and post it.

Seattle mariners acquire Willy Taveras, Aaron Harang, and Yonder Alonso
Reds acquire Garret Olson, Ian Snell, Bill Hall,and 2 more prospects

A's acquire Sean Watson and Adam Rosales
Reds acquire Scott Hairston

Angels acquire Brandon Phillips and Bronson Arroyo and Chris Valaika
Reds acquire Ervin Santana, Howie Kendrick, and Brandon Woods

Red Sox acquire Willy Taveras, Mike Lincoln
Reds acquire Bill Hall
Mariners acuire Casey Kotchman

Yankees acuire Carlos Fisher, Willy Taveras, and Cody Puckett
Reds acquire Swisher

White Sox acquire Coco Cordero and Yonder Alonso
Reds acquire Alex Rios, Gavin Floyd and cash

Royals acquire Jared Burton, Daniel Dorn, and Chris Valaika
Reds acquire Callaspo and Josh Fields

Cardinals acquire Aaron Harang
Reds acquire Ryan Ludwick

Redsfan320
12-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Some thoughts, vottofan,

Seattle mariners acquire Willy Taveras, Aaron Harang, and Yonder Alonso
Reds acquire Garret Olson, Ian Snell, Bill Hall,and 2 more prospects

This doesn't sound bad. Snell has potential, and Hall's not a bad bench player. Olson isn't a great pitcher, but I'd take him for Harang if it meant dumping WillyT. The prospects better be good to be giving up Alonso.

Angels acquire Brandon Phillips and Bronson Arroyo and Chris Valaika
Reds acquire Ervin Santana, Howie Kendrick, and Brandon Woods
I'm not in for this one. Regardless of the return, I'm not ready to give up BP.

Reds acquire Bill Hall

I'm cool with this. Basically any two players are bettter than Taveras and Lincoln. I don't think it would happen thought because the Mariners have Branyan at first, so they don't need Kotchman.

vottofan4life
12-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Branyan is a free agent

Knightro28
12-26-2009, 05:18 PM
I would consider the Angels deal that would get us Santana, Kendrick, and Wood.

The only snag that I could think of (and I haven't done any research whatsoever) would be the contract details (years, $$).

Talent-wise, it is arguable that the Reds would get the better end of the bargain (and I loooove BP and Bronson), and if the contracts favor us as well, I'd do it.

Redsfan320
12-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Branyan is a free agent

Oh. I didn't know that. That changes things up a bit

freestyle55
12-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Reds acquire Bill Hall

Why would the Red Sox even listen to the sentence after they hear the syllable Wi? I'm pretty sure they don't need overpriced junk more than we do...

Vottomatic
12-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Any trade idea involving Willy Tavares better include Votto, Bailey, and Bruce or no team would listen.

redleg40
12-28-2009, 10:27 PM
The Cubs may be willing to take a chance on Willy T if they lose out on Marlon Byrd and we deal Micah Owings along with him.

My proposal would be:
Mike Lincoln, Willy T., and Micah Owings for
Sean Marshall and Wellington Castillo
We save approximately 6.5 million. That would be enough to get
Miguel Tejada.

Vottomatic
12-28-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't see the Cubs going for that deal without sweetening the pot with a quality prospect.

vottofan4life
12-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Add Chris Valaika

joe51391
12-30-2009, 01:38 AM
I know I will catch heat for this but I would trade Votto if it meant I get rid of 2 contracts Harang and Cordero and in return get a huge haul of prospects that we are weak at ss c and pitching so how about this return (enter Texas Rangers) ss Elvis Andrus c Taylor Teagarden p Neftali Feliz and p Martin Perez

Vottomatic
12-30-2009, 10:12 AM
I know I will catch heat for this but I would trade Votto if it meant I get rid of 2 contracts Harang and Cordero and in return get a huge haul of prospects that we are weak at ss c and pitching so how about this return (enter Texas Rangers) ss Elvis Andrus c Taylor Teagarden p Neftali Feliz and p Martin Perez

:scared::thumbdown

UPRedsFan
12-30-2009, 11:25 AM

Say goodbye to the offense if you do that! Votto has to stay for now or there will be no scoring next year.

vottofan4life
12-30-2009, 04:36 PM

I'd rather do a Yonder Alonso,Harang,Cordero, and Wladimir Balentien trade over to teh Rangers for Micheal Young(play ss til Cozart comes up),Brandon McCarthy(fight for 5th rotation spot and could pitch in bullpen)and Taylor Teagarden....We pay for half of Cordero's contract and i think we got a deal

cbowen2112
12-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Say goodbye to the offense if you do that! Votto has to stay for now or there will be no scoring next year.

Exactly what I was thinking. Votto is a proven MLB level hitter. Alonso would fit into that trade better. Also, has more "potential" upside.

flash
01-05-2010, 03:32 PM
The White Sox are looking for a designated hitter. What if the Reds offered them Dickerson, or Francisco or maybe even Bruce for Gordon Beckham and then move beckham to short, a position he played in college and in the minors.

Red in Atl
01-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Cardinals acquire Aaron Harang
Reds acquire Ryan Ludwick

Why would you ever trade a starting pitcher to the Cardinals? Why would you trade anything more than a wood nickle to the team that beats your ass every year?!?

bounty37h
01-07-2010, 12:22 PM

And still no catcher upgrade

bounty37h
01-07-2010, 12:24 PM
The White Sox are looking for a designated hitter. What if the Reds offered them Dickerson, or Francisco or maybe even Bruce for Gordon Beckham and then move beckham to short, a position he played in college and in the minors.

Is this serious?^

flash
01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Is this serious?^

Why wouldn't it be serious. I don't know if you meant from the Sox point of view or the Reds. Beckham looks like a 20-25 HR a year guy 90-100 RBI's, good OBP ratio.

Vottomatic
01-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Why wouldn't it be serious. I don't know if you meant from the Sox point of view or the Reds. Beckham looks like a 20-25 HR a year guy 90-100 RBI's, good OBP ratio.

Beckham was a first rounder who got called up to the majors in his first year in the minor leagues. The guy is special and they won't be trading him.

bounty37h
01-08-2010, 11:07 AM
^That.

BLEEDS
01-08-2010, 03:52 PM
I don't see the Reds making many trades that will help them - other than dumping salary. Teams aren't going to take on our payroll AND give up good players. We can either dump salary or get good players, not both.

HOWEVER, I can see a Harang/Alonso combo netting us something big.

to LA?
Kemp is probably out of the question, unless we possibly throw in some more AAA/MLB ready prospects.

to the Mets?
maybe net us Reyes in return?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Vottomatic
01-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't see the Reds making many trades that will help them - other than dumping salary. Teams aren't going to take on our payroll AND give up good players. We can either dump salary or get good players, not both.

HOWEVER, I can see a Harang/Alonso combo netting us something big.

to LA?
Kemp is probably out of the question, unless we possibly throw in some more AAA/MLB ready prospects.

to the Mets?
maybe net us Reyes in return?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I agree. The only trades we will make will be to dump salary. Major League Baseball Teams in general are not taking on more salary. Everyone is looking to dump it for the most part. The only reason a team would take on Harang or Arroyo is because their remaining contracts aren't that long.

The Reds would be targeting quality SS and 3B prospects, and as always, pitching. We have plenty of OFers. We're solid at 1B and 2B, and Catcher, for now. 3B is covered for a few more years, but never too late to be looking for the future replacement. SS is our achilles heel.