PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Batting Order

cbowen2112
12-30-2009, 02:16 PM
So, I was bored and just thinking of what the 2010 Reds batting order might be.

CF Stubbs
LF Dickerson/Heisey
1B Votto
2B Phillips
3B Rolen
RF Bruce
C Hernandez
SS Janish

The only thing I think could happen differently depends on a SS acquisition. If this were to happen, then you can bet on SS hitting in the 2 hole. Another thing that is possible is moving Rolen to the two hole. He seems to be better in the middle of the order, but if he has the most patience and can move that leadoff runner over, then he might fit. Same argument last year putting Phillips in the two hole. It never happened. Dusty should not have his SS hitting in the two hole unless they do acquire someone like I said earlier.
Another potential problem would be Dickerson hitting in front of Votto. "We gotta split the lefty hitters dude!"

Thoughts?

cbowen2112
12-30-2009, 03:14 PM
So, not thoughts. I know it isn't breaking news guys, but come on humor me. Bored here...:beerme:

Vottomatic
12-30-2009, 06:20 PM
CF Stubbs
LF Heisey
1B Votto
SS Tejada
RF Bruce
3B Rolen
2B Phillips
C Hernandez/Hanigan

cbowen2112
12-30-2009, 06:32 PM
CF Stubbs
LF Heisey
1B Votto
SS Tejada
RF Bruce
3B Rolen
2B Phillips
C Hernandez/Hanigan

I like it except with the addition of Tejada, I still do not think Dusty would bat SS cleanup. Phillips that low is interesting though.

redleg40
12-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Part of the problem we have is that Phillips is not a clean up hitter. He needs to bat 2nd or 6th. Dusty needs to be fired!

cbowen2112
12-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Part of the problem we have is that Phillips is not a clean up hitter. He needs to bat 2nd or 6th. Dusty needs to be fired!

2nd is ideal for Phillips.

CesarGeronimo
12-31-2009, 12:09 AM
After Dusty is reassigned to be the new curator and living exhibit at the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum, I'd go with this order:

1. Dickerson/Heisey - LF
2. Hanigan - C
3. Votto - 1B
4. Bruce - RF (and pray he's a lot better than last season)
5. Rolen - 3B
6. Phillips - 2B
7. Stubbs - CF
8. Janish - SS

Redsfan320
12-31-2009, 09:23 AM
After Dusty is reassigned to be the new curator and living exhibit at the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum, I'd go with this order:

1. Dickerson/Heisey - LF
2. Hanigan - C
3. Votto - 1B
5. Rolen - 3B
6. Phillips - 2B
7. Stubbs - CF
8. Janish - SS

I like this, but I want Stubbs in the 1 or 2 hole. I prefer him there over Hanigan.

cbowen2112
12-31-2009, 11:26 AM

1. Dickerson/Heisey - LF
2. Hanigan - C
3. Votto - 1B
5. Rolen - 3B
6. Phillips - 2B
7. Stubbs - CF
8. Janish - SS

Hanigan might be good there because of his patience, but his RBI total last yea was abysmal whenever he had opportunities. Stubbs should be in the leadoff spot over the two LF guys. But, I get what your saying about this happening after Dusty is let go.

CesarGeronimo
12-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Hanigan might be good there because of his patience, but his RBI total last yea was abysmal whenever he had opportunities. Stubbs should be in the leadoff spot over the two LF guys. But, I get what your saying about this happening after Dusty is let go.

I think the Reds should - warning: crazy idea here - start putting their high OBP guys at the top of the order. Dickerson .383 in 357 major league at bats and Hanigan .363 in 346 major league at bats are as good as they have in OBP. Stubbs may eventually be a lead-off hitter, but I think he'll struggle at times in his first full (hopefully) MLB season and won't put up the kind of numbers he did at the end of last season. I hope I'm wrong about that. I also hope I'm wrong about Dusty sitting him down if he does struggle.

double21d
01-01-2010, 10:54 AM
I'd like to see Phillips 2nd Votto 3rd and Rolen 4th. However, I think that works best if Gomes is on the team to bat 5th in my opinion.

vottofan4life
01-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd rather just sign miguel tejada and let chris heisey,dickerson,nix,francisco,and frazier fight for the lf position

flash
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I really don't like Dikerson in left field. Mostly it is because I really don't like left handers at that position. There are so many options right now it is really hard to judge. I don't even think Bruce is a lock in right. If he doesn't produce right from the start he could be sat down. Right now the Reds have eight outfielders competing for at best 5 slots.

Stubbs- nice cup of coffe last year in September, but has only produced at a high level once in the minors. I'm not convinced yet.

Dickerson- performed poorly at the beginning of last year, but has a lot of potential. Can he make use of it? Better than Bruce against lefties last year.

Bruce- Has been given every chance. Was very bad offensively last year. Lots of potential, but look for a short leash this year.

Francisco- With Rolen signed for 3 years look for Francisco to be in the outfield mix. I can't see the Reds keeping him at AAA with his power.

Heisey- The guy is ready. here will he play.

Fraizer- See above.

Taveras- Buy a ticket out of town. A very bad signing. I cannot beleive Dusty wasn' involved. Better yet, Willy, buy two.

Nix--sign an apartment lease in Louisville.

CesarGeronimo
01-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Stubbs has a decent chance to become an average or even above average hitting centerfielder who plays great defense. I can't imagine his numbers will be as good as they were last September, but they don't need to be as long as the Reds don't continue this asinine insistence that the centerfielder must hit at the top of the order.

Here's a newsflash for Dusty. Because CF and SS are positions where defense is emphasized, it will quite often happen that you will have players at those positions that you might not want to bat at the top of your order. In fact, you might want to bat them near the bottom of your order. This is some really novel and profound analysis, I realize, but the Duster should spend the winter trying to wrap his mind around this revolutionary paradigm, particularly as it relates to using the inexperienced and still developing Drew Stubbs in center.

cbowen2112
01-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Stubbs has a decent chance to become an average or even above average hitting centerfielder who plays great defense. I can't imagine his numbers will be as good as they were last September, but they don't need to be as long as the Reds don't continue this asinine insistence that the centerfielder must hit at the top of the order.

Here's a newsflash for Dusty. Because CF and SS are positions where defense is emphasized, it will quite often happen that you will have players at those positions that you might not want to bat at the top of your order. In fact, you might want to bat them near the bottom of your order. This is some really novel and profound analysis, I realize, but the Duster should spend the winter trying to wrap his mind around this revolutionary paradigm, particularly as it relates to using the inexperienced and still developing Drew Stubbs in center.

Simply because the CF spot is manned by one of, if not the fastest guy on the team. Him batting lead off is not too crazy. Plus he can steal bases at a pretty significant rate. SS hitting 2nd only works when you have a hitter there, which we do not at this time. Jeter's don't grow on trees and I have no idea why he continuously put the rotating door of SS there last year. Guys like Keppinger worked, but not better than a Phillips could have done IMO. I see where you are coming from, but we can never understand the great mind that is Johnny Baker Jr.

vottofan4life
01-01-2010, 03:33 PM
The only guy that should ever bat lead off on this team is Drew Stubbs

cbowen2112
01-01-2010, 03:37 PM

As of now, I cannot disagree with you.

Redsfan320
01-01-2010, 03:39 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm with you two. Mainly because I liked his work there last season and this: If he doesn't bat leadoff, who does?

CesarGeronimo
01-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Drew Stubbs hit .267 with a .323 OBP in his 180 at bats with the Reds last season. I don't think that makes him an obvious choice to lead off based on anything other than he plays centerfield. I'd rather have someone who is the team's best at getting on base in the leadoff spot and who hopefully has some speed as well, rather than having the team's fastest player necessarily lead off even if he's not as good at getting on base.

cbowen2112
01-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Drew Stubbs hit .267 with a .323 OBP in his 180 at bats with the Reds last season. I don't think that makes him an obvious choice to lead off based on anything other than he plays centerfield. I'd rather have someone who is the team's best at getting on base in the leadoff spot and who hopefully has some speed as well, rather than having the team's fastest player necessarily lead off even if he's not as good at getting on base.

Yeah, but did you see Dickerson run the bases last year?

CesarGeronimo
01-01-2010, 04:53 PM
That is a good point about his baserunning blunders.

cbowen2112
01-01-2010, 04:55 PM
That is a good point about his baserunning blunders.

I just think you take the good with the bad. But, if Stubbs starts off like Willy Taveras, then you must make a change, but will Dusty do so? History points to, NO.

mikemo14
01-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Heisey LF
Stubbs CF
Phillips 2b
Votto 1b
Rolen 3B
Bruce RF
Hernandez C
Janish ss

OR For around 8-10 Million

Heisey CF
Tejada ss
Phillips 2b
Votto 1b
Rolen 3B
Bruce RF
Nady LF
Hernandez C

BLEEDS
01-16-2010, 03:09 PM
1. Dickerson/Heisey - LF
2. Hanigan - C
3. Votto - 1B
5. Rolen - 3B
6. Phillips - 2B
7. Stubbs - CF
8. Janish - SS

:laugh::laugh::lol::lol::ughmamoru:ughmamoru

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BLEEDS
01-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Heisey LF
Stubbs CF
Phillips 2b
Votto 1b
Rolen 3B
Bruce RF
Hernandez C
Janish ss

OR For around 8-10 Million

Heisey CF
Tejada ss
Phillips 2b
Votto 1b
Rolen 3B
Bruce RF
Nady LF
Hernandez C

We can dream can' we?!?!

Vottomatic
01-17-2010, 03:55 AM
My batting order is based on signing Tejada, which I think we will:

CF - Stubbs/Dickerson - (righty/lefty, atleast it should be)
2B - Phillips (RH)
1B - Votto (LH)
3B - Rolen (RH)
RF - Bruce (LH)
SS - Tejada (RH)
LF - Heisey (RH)
C - Hanigan/Hernandez (platoon)

Vottomatic
01-17-2010, 03:59 AM

Meh.....Dickerson is solid. His OBP is ignored as usual (.383 career in 357 at-bats). Plus his fielding percentage is 1.000 in CF. It's LF where he struggled a bit.

If everyone is healthy, I GUARANTEE THIS TEAM WILL BE OVER .500 NEXT SEASON. Guarantee it.

Ghosts of 1990
01-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I really don't like Dikerson in left field. Mostly it is because I really don't like left handers at that position. There are so many options right now it is really hard to judge. I don't even think Bruce is a lock in right. If he doesn't produce right from the start he could be sat down. Right now the Reds have eight outfielders competing for at best 5 slots.

Stubbs- nice cup of coffe last year in September, but has only produced at a high level once in the minors. I'm not convinced yet.

Dickerson- performed poorly at the beginning of last year, but has a lot of potential. Can he make use of it? Better than Bruce against lefties last year.

Bruce- Has been given every chance. Was very bad offensively last year. Lots of potential, but look for a short leash this year.

Francisco- With Rolen signed for 3 years look for Francisco to be in the outfield mix. I can't see the Reds keeping him at AAA with his power.

Heisey- The guy is ready. here will he play.

Fraizer- See above.

Taveras- Buy a ticket out of town. A very bad signing. I cannot beleive Dusty wasn' involved. Better yet, Willy, buy two.

Nix--sign an apartment lease in Louisville.

Heisey is "ready"? Like Bruce was "ready" right? There's no way to really tell IMO.

Bruce is still only 23 years old and I wouldn't look for him to get an overly short leash. They're going to headline things with him from an organizational standpoint.

Now, when you say he's been given every chance, what do you mean? He's been given a little more then a full season, and did some impressive things while he was playing.

But "every chance"? For a 22 year old who was struggling and still devleoping, his protection was often either Paul Janish or Ryan Hanigan (on a good day). I don't think that was wise by Dusty and I don't think that's putting him into the best position to succeed. He should be hitting around phillips or votto in the order for best results. Just my 2cents.

BLEEDS
01-17-2010, 03:38 PM
My batting order is based on signing Tejada, which I think we will:

CF - Stubbs/Dickerson - (righty/lefty, atleast it should be)
2B - Phillips (RH)
1B - Votto (LH)
3B - Rolen (RH)
RF - Bruce (LH)
SS - Tejada (RH)
LF - Heisey (RH)
C - Hanigan/Hernandez (platoon)

If we sign Tejada he should bat 2nd, not Phillips. BP is a terrible option in that place; he SHOULD simply switch with Tejada, but under DUHsty he'll bat 4th.

What is SHOULD be:
CF Stubbs
LF Dickerson/Heisey
1B Votto
3B Rolen
RF Bruce
2B BP
SS Janish
C

What it WILL be:
CF Stubbs
SS Janish
1B Votto
2B BP
3B Rolen
RF Bruce
C

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Vottomatic
01-17-2010, 04:09 PM
If we sign Tejada he should bat 2nd, not Phillips. BP is a terrible option in that place; he SHOULD simply switch with Tejada, but under DUHsty he'll bat 4th.

What is SHOULD be:
CF Stubbs
LF Dickerson/Heisey
1B Votto
3B Rolen
RF Bruce
2B BP
SS Janish
C

What it WILL be:
CF Stubbs
SS Janish
1B Votto
2B BP
3B Rolen
RF Bruce
C

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I can see your point.

I was trying to get alot of speed at the top of the lineup. Phillips and Stubbs would cause trouble on the basepaths.

Ghosts of 1990
01-17-2010, 04:14 PM
If Tejada could stay healthy I think you could see the guy really have a nice year in our park. And that would be an absolutely sick lineup.

I wonder if he's just too expensive?

Vottomatic
01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
If Tejada could stay healthy I think you could see the guy really have a nice year in our park. And that would be an absolutely sick lineup.

I wonder if he's just too expensive?

Reds are trying not to add payroll. Therefore all the rumors surrounding Arroyo, Harang, etc........of unloading their contracts. This would free up enough money to sign a Tejada type player.

I also read on another website that many clubs are interested in Tejada and Hudson (has he signed yet?) but their pricetags are higher than anyone wants to pay right now, and they're hoping the closer to the season they get, the cheaper they will be.

cbowen2112
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Figured I would bring out this thread again from a few weeks ago.

Now with Cabrera and possibly Gomes....

CF- Stubbs/Dickerson
SS- Cabrera
1B- Votto
2B- Phillips
3B- Rolen
RF- Bruce
LF- Gomes/Heisey
C- Ramirez/Hanigan
P- Insert Name Here

or

CF- Stubbs
LF- Dickerson/Heisey
1B- Votto
2B- Phillips
3B- Rolen
RF- Bruce
C- Ramirez/Hanigan
SS- Cabrera
P- Insert Name Here

We can pretty much guarantee that CF will lead off and SS will probably bat 2nd if Dusty doesn't change his mind.

Also, I wouldn't mind this one for kicks...

CF- Stubbs
2B- Phillips
1B- Votto
LF- Gomes
3B- Rolen
SS- Cabrera
RF- Bruce
C- Ramirez
P

Phillips in 2 hole is best IMO

Baseball Lover
01-31-2010, 10:51 AM

1. Dickerson/Heisey - LF
2. Hanigan - C
3. Votto - 1B
5. Rolen - 3B
6. Phillips - 2B
7. Stubbs - CF
8. Janish - SS

I love this lineup. Given the talent on this team, it is the best fit. Since the Reds signed Cabrera, insert him in a platoon role with Janish. Unfortunately, it is Dusty Baker, so you can pretty much assume it will be...

1. Stubbs
2. Cabrera
3. Votto
4. Phillips
5. Bruce
6. Rolen
7. Dickerson
8. Hanigan

BLEEDS
01-31-2010, 01:42 PM
IF Gomez is here, we're back to the ""WISB" (What it Should Be) and "WDBWD" (What Dusty Baker Will Do)

Vs RHP:
WISB:
CF Stubbs/Dickerson - Stubbs should start everygame, but I think they give spot starts to Dickerson
3B Rolen - never gonna happen, but should
1B Votto
RF Bruce - heaven forbid we put two Lefties - and our two highest OPS - back to back
2B BP - by default he's our best #5 hitter vs RHP
LF Nix/Balentein/Gomes/Dickerson - take your pick, they'll all struggle to OPS .750 v RHP
SS Cabrera
C Hernandez/Hanigan

WDBWD:
CF Stubbs
SS Cabrera - SS bats (you know the rest)
1B Votto - even DUHsty can't get this one wrong
2B BP - continues to be miscast as a cleanup hitter vs RHP)
3B Rolen - veteran respect)
RF Bruce - continues to be miscast as a #6 hitter vs RHP, at least he'll have better hitters behind him so he might get some more hittable pitches? MAYBE?
LF Nix/Balentein/Gomes/Dickerson - take your pick, they'll all struggle to OPS .750 v RHP
C Hernandez/Hanigan

vs LHP:
WISB:
CF Stubbs
3B Rolen - again, will never happen, but it should. He has a career .400 OBP vs LHP, and 09 was .459 (that is not a typo!)
1B Votto
2B BP - actually did not crush lefties as much as normal, down to .883 in 09, was .944 and .984 the previous 2, but I give him the benefit of the doubt and keep him here
LF Gomes - I start him every game vs LHP. He is a masher, easily .900+ OPS v LHP. With the four guys batting in front of him, there should be plenty of people on base.
RF Bruce - not the best option remaining, statistically SS and C out OPS him but you got to get him more AB's
SS Cabrera
C Hernandez

WDBWD:
CF Stubbs
SS Cabrera - you know the drill
1B Votto - again, even DUHsty can't mess this one up
2B BP - I can live with this, but given Rolen hasn't hit yet, he should be here instead
3B Rolen - give the guy with .175 more OPS than the cleanup guy vs LHP last year this spot
RF Bruce - DUHsty might actually drop him in the lineup vs LHP, he did last year, but will he permanently/until he starts to hit? Methinks not
LF Gomes/Dickerson/Balentein/Nix/Taveras - Gomes should start every game vs LHP, but probably won't under DUHsty,
C

Other Notes:
We MASH vs. LHP.
We have 5 guys who SLG .500+ versus RHP (if you count Stubbs 42 AB's, and play Gomes), and have 4 guys easily capable of OPS-ing .900+ (Votto, Rolen, BP, Gomes)
Unfortunately, this is only in less than 30% of all games, since RHP is 70%+.

Problem is, we run this exact same lineup out versus RHP, where Rolen becomes a .750 OPS (hasn't been over .800 since 2006) and BP becomes ABYSMALL - career .700 OPS, and hasn't broken .750 OPS yet (09 was .740, 06 was .743, 07 .737 and 08 .676) - and this is the guy we bat cleanup?!?!?!
I seriously think Rolen would do well in the #2 hole - he has decent OBP skills still, and batting in front of Votto, he's not getting pitched around, so he'd benefit from some more hittable balls. Same could be said for BP I guess, but he has no patience what-so-ever.
Doesn't matter cause DUHsty would never fathom moving either of them there.
SO these two guys lose about .150+ of SLG - while Bruce gains almost .200. So, we become pedestrian.

What this roster SORELY needs is better hitting vs RHP - in LF and 3B which are perennial power corners, but we just don't provide it (show me all the Laynce Nix stats you want), and to a lesser extent 2B - unless you're batting that guy cleanup, then it's HUGELY needed.

That will continue to be our Achilles heal until we get better players AND a coach who will bat them in the right places in the lineup.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Ghosts of 1990
01-31-2010, 07:08 PM
BP or Rolen should be hitting behind Bruce if the Reds want Jay to develop as a hitter. Cabrera is a shoe-in to hit 2nd. Dickerson will probably end up hitting some leadoff as I don't expect Stubbs to win the leadoff job out of spring, Stubbs may end up hitting 7th/8th

Kingspoint
02-01-2010, 12:46 AM
So, I was bored and just thinking of what the 2010 Reds batting order might be.

CF Stubbs
LF Dickerson/Heisey
1B Votto
2B Phillips
3B Rolen
RF Bruce
C Hernandez
SS Janish

The only thing I think could happen differently depends on a SS acquisition. If this were to happen, then you can bet on SS hitting in the 2 hole. Another thing that is possible is moving Rolen to the two hole. He seems to be better in the middle of the order, but if he has the most patience and can move that leadoff runner over, then he might fit. Same argument last year putting Phillips in the two hole. It never happened. Dusty should not have his SS hitting in the two hole unless they do acquire someone like I said earlier.
Another potential problem would be Dickerson hitting in front of Votto. "We gotta split the lefty hitters dude!"

Thoughts?

That would have been a good lineup.

Now with Cabrera batting in the #2 hole, the whole things screwed up and it sucks.

Kingspoint
02-01-2010, 05:54 AM
I would have used this lineup the first two months of the year and then re-evaluate when June hits:

1. Stubbs Bats-R CF Projected .340-.360 OBP
2. Dickerson Bats-L LF Projected .360-.370 OBP
3. Votto Bats-L 1B Projected .960-1.000 OPS
4. Phillips Bats-R 2B Projected .450-.470 SLG
5. Rolen Bats-R 3B Projected .780-.800 OPS
6. Bruce Bats-L RF Projected .470-.490 SLG
7. Hanigan Bats-R C Projected .350-.370 OBP
8A. Platoon of Sutton Bats-S SS Projected .340-.360 OPS (I don't think what he did last year was any indication of what he'll do this year, or would have done last year if given regular at-bats and starts; but, we're never going to get the chance to find out because he's never going to get the at-bats. Because, once again, in a year that the REDS have no chance whatsoever to make the playoffs, the at-bats have been given away to a veteran who's sure to have an abysmal On-Base Percentage while playing every day.)
.................8B. Janish Bats-R SS Projected .300-.320 OPS, but good defense.

If Gomes is signed (which I hope he's not as it blocks Heisey's development. But, if he is:

1. Stubbs Bats-R CF Projected .340-.360 OBP
2. Sutton Bats-S SS Projected .340-.360 OPS
3. Votto Bats-L 1B Projected .960-1.000 OPS
4. Gomes Bats-R LF Projected .480-.500 SLG
5. Rolen Bats-R 3B Projected .780-.800 OPS
6. Bruce Bats-L RF Projected .470-.490 SLG
7. Phillips Bats-R 2B Projected .450-.470 SLG
8. Hanigan Bats-R C Projected .350-.370 OBP

I really like Drew Sutton. He's had excellent patience at the plate his whole career, and that doesn't disappear just because you go to the Majors. It does as a pinch-hitter, though. Pinch-hitters don't go up to take pitches. They go up to swing and make contact. If he was a starter, his OBP would be .340-.360 in 2010. Cabrera's not going to sniff .330 and most likely hang around between .300-.320 all year for an OBP, which is absolutely pathetic for a guy who was signed on to bat 2nd. It's also pathetic because he can't run anymore at age 35.

Walt is really stupid sometimes with some of the moves he makes.

BLEEDS
02-01-2010, 10:51 AM
You need your LF-er to SLG, not to OBP. That is the problem with our lineup.
Oh, that and Chris Dickerson can't stay on the field, and when he IS healthy, he's a platoon player.
And, if we didn't have Cabrera, Janish would bat 2nd, per DUHsty ball.

So instead of assuming a guy who has already proven he can hit in the bigs for 10+ years, 6600+ AB's, and had a down year last year is "washed up" - you'd rather project guys who haven't even had a cup of coffee in the bigs (Heisey, Sutton) are going to break in and suddently do better ?!?!
Yet another overvaluing of prospects, that's always worked out great for the Reds hasn't it?

Then you undervalue what a Rolen and Cabrera bring to the team for veteran leadership/intangibles.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?!?!

I'll bet you another pizza that Cabrera OBPs over .325.
Dominos has a good special for 2 2-toppings for $5.99 ea, so after July 9th, you can just send me that!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

WildcatFan
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Stubbs
Cabrera
Votto
Phillips
Rolen
Gomes
Bruce
Hanigan

Chris Sabowned
02-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I'd rather see Cabrera near the bottom of the lineup with either Dickerson or Phillips 2nd. So the lineup would look like this...

1. Stubbs
2. Phillips
3. Votto
4. Rolen
5. Bruce
6. Gomes
7. Cabrera
8. Hanigan/Hernandez

or...

1. Stubbs
2. Dickerson
3. Votto
4. Rolen
5. Bruce
6. Phillips
7. Cabrera
8. Hanigan/Hernandez

WildcatFan
02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I would also rather see that, but my guess is Cabrera bats second based on recent history

Mr Larkin
02-01-2010, 01:31 PM
He has not even put on a Reds jersey yet. Lets not jump off the deep end and say that Cabrera will stink or that he has to bat second. I think Dusty will want to keep Stubbs, Votto, Phillips and Rolen in the top four spots and that will put Cabrera down to at least 6th, but we will have to wait to see.

SullyGator
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
I have a strong feeling Cabrera will bat 2nd. He's usually around .270 batting. That would be great for setting up the big boys.

WillRich
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
With Taveras gone lets dream of getting Damon
1) Stubbs
2) Damon
3) Votto
4) Phillips
5) Bruce
6) Rolen
7) Hernandez
8) Cabrera
9) Insert name here

Just dreaming of seeing Damon in a Reds uniform:)

TheBigLebowski
02-01-2010, 06:57 PM
The stubbornness some of you exhibit never ceases to amaze.

SS bats 2nd, dude.

BLEEDS
02-01-2010, 08:41 PM
The stubbornness some of you exhibit never ceases to amaze.

SS bats 2nd, dude.

I think only the magnificence that is Johnny Damon's "veteran presence" could actually get DUHsty the Toothpick to change one of his 10 Commandments of Baseball Ineptitudeness

PEACE

-BLEEDS