PDA

View Full Version : Five teams interested in JHJ

Redsfan320
01-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Per MLBTR. The Padres, A's, and Yankees are the only teams listed.

I would love to see him back in Cincy.
I'd greatly prefer him on the bench to Rosales or Sutton, and wouldn't mind him as a starting SS, at least if Janish gets hurt.
Of course, we all know, if the Yankees want him, they'll get him.

redleg40
01-09-2010, 11:31 AM
If he comes back to Cincy, Dusty will have him starting somewhere! As long as Dusty is in charge I say no. Of course my opinion doesn't count.

Vottomatic
01-09-2010, 01:09 PM
JHJ is the consummate utility player and teammate. He can play nearly anywhere competently, and he's a good energy guy to have around. Plus the experience factor can't be beat for a guy like him.

Redsfan320
01-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Well, MLBTR says the Yankees are in "serious talks" with Hairston.

Translation: We can forget about him.

BigPoppa
01-10-2010, 12:56 AM
JHJ is the consummate utility player and teammate. He can play nearly anywhere competently, and he's a good energy guy to have around. Plus the experience factor can't be beat for a guy like him.

+ 1

Much rather have JHJ around than Willy T.

George Foster
01-11-2010, 12:41 AM

He's a perfect backup for Jetter or anybody else for that matter, he's cheap, and a great teammate. Perfect for the Yankees. Good for JHJ! I was rooting for him in the WS. I'm glad he got a hit and contributed.

Vottomatic
01-11-2010, 09:37 AM

Yeah, that stinks.

bgwilly31
01-11-2010, 04:37 PM
+ 1

I hear that.

scott91575
01-15-2010, 01:15 AM
+ 1

That is not saying much since I'd much rather keep around what I just dropped in the toilet than Willy T.

roby
01-15-2010, 02:16 PM
That is not saying much since I'd much rather keep around what I just dropped in the toilet than Willy T.

As much as I despise WT, I'll pick him.

Vottomatic
01-17-2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/padres-closing-in-on-jerry-hairston-jr.html

Looks like he's going to join his brother Scott.

For $2MM? Couldn't the Reds have paid him that? The dude can play anywhere and we had a glut of injuries last season. He's better than Drew Sutton......

The Voice of IH
01-17-2010, 10:43 PM
I rather see the feature, Stubbs, play more the JHJ. no need bringing in the old guys when this team is peparing for the feature.

Vottomatic
01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
I rather see the feature, Stubbs, play more the JHJ. no need bringing in the old guys when this team is peparing for the feature.

I wasn't looking at JHJ as a CFer. Utility guy?

I guess the fact that EE was lost for most of the season at 3B before being traded, or Alex Gonzalez was lost for most of the season at SS before being traded, with injuries is lost on you? Or Votto being lost for a month with depression? Or Tavares and Dickerson missing significant time due to injuries? Or Ramon Hernandez being injured? How about Jay Bruce being injured?

What if Janish doesn't pan out offensively?

JHJ is a guy who can step in and play many positions. Or just spell a guy for a day off.

BigPoppa
01-18-2010, 01:56 PM
JHJ is a guy who can step in and play many positions. Or just spell a guy for a day off.

Yes.....this is why you want JHJ around, not to be a starter or to take a job away from one of the rising star youngsters.

JHJ is like that kitchen drawer that everybody has - whatever you might need in a pinch, it'll be in that drawer.

robmadden1
01-18-2010, 02:25 PM
The #Padres have signed Jerry Hairston Jr. to a one-year deal for $2.125 million. A nice pickup for a guy who will play 3B, 2B, SS and OF.

http://twitter.com/FollowThePadres/

markymark69
01-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Although I wouldn't have minded seeing him back, I don't think the Reds saw him as a fit. I agree he's better than Sutton or Rosales, but I think the Reds want to see more of those two, not saying that's a good thing, I just think that is what the organziation believes.