PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the shuffle of McGwire...

Griffey012
01-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Is Tony LaRussa dodging the bullet. Now would have been a perfect time for him to man up with one of his players and apparently good friends and admit to knowing his players were juicing. The man is a great manager, but cmon does he really think America believes him? I almost believe not knowing about steroids as much as I believe Sammy Sosa forgot how to speak english.

He coaches McGwire and Canseco, probably the 2 biggest juicers in baseball history, did he really never stop to ask one of them, how are you getting so big? so fast?

One more reason to pound the Cards this season.

bigredmechanism
01-12-2010, 02:49 AM
Either way, the Cards are going to be a tough cookie next year. I'm not sure it's going to be easy to knock them down a peg. Established pitchers with established hitters; it's always hard to beat, and we don't have the equivalent on either front.

mlh1981
01-13-2010, 11:21 AM
People hate liars, and those who cover up for said liars, more than steroid users. Agree with the OP

Newport Red
01-13-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't know why managers are getting blame in this. Were they required to enforce baseball's nonexistent drug policy? They're hired to win games.

If anyone should notice PEDs, it should be the trainers and team physicians.

Griffey012
01-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't know why managers are getting blame in this. Were they required to enforce baseball's nonexistent drug policy? They're hired to win games.

If anyone should notice PEDs, it should be the trainers and team physicians.

I am not blaming LaRussa or any manager for PED's, it is the fact the he just sat there and lies that he had no idea his players were juicing. Unless he lived under a rock, he had to know.

foxfire123
01-13-2010, 07:02 PM
I am not blaming LaRussa or any manager for PED's, it is the fact the he just sat there and lies that he had no idea his players were juicing. Unless he lived under a rock, he had to know.

Why say anything? After all, they're making him look like <insert sarcastic voiceover> the Greatest Manager in the World...