PDA

View Full Version : WBC and Reds Impact

Oxilon
01-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Reds could have some valuable young arms in the WBC again this year. Cueto should be pitching again. And now we have Chapman pitching for Cuba. After seeing Volquez go on the shelf for TJ surgery, most likely from pitching in the WBC, needless to say I would be worried if either Cueto or Chapman sees a lot of playing time.

mdccclxix
01-12-2010, 05:14 PM
is it happening again or every 3 years?

jfleur87
01-12-2010, 05:17 PM
It will happen every 4 years now if I'm not mistaken. For some reason I think the 2nd was only 3 years after the first. I don't know why, but we have some time before we have to worry about it.

Carolina Red
01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Chapman won't be Pitching for Cuba no matter what year it is. He defected and is no longer a citizen of Cuba.

corwinator3407
01-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Chapman won't be Pitching for Cuba no matter what year it is. He defected and is no longer a citizen of Cuba.

Correct.

WBC needs to stop.

Kingspoint
01-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Reds could have some valuable young arms in the WBC again this year. Cueto should be pitching again. And now we have Chapman pitching for Cuba. After seeing Volquez go on the shelf for TJ surgery, most likely from pitching in the WBC, needless to say I would be worried if either Cueto or Chapman sees a lot of playing time.

I hate the WBC and hope it goes away.

flash
01-13-2010, 09:04 AM
If the WBC was really used to promote the game it would be great, but so many games take place in the United States that it is overkill. Having it in a southern hemisphere country like Australia, South Africa, Chile, Argentina or Brazil during December would be better. Even having it in a tropical country would be better.

Orodle
01-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I love the WBC. But ya its not happening this year.

Vermilion Red
01-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I love the WBC, but my enjoyment goes down each time a Reds' pitcher takes the hill.