PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Hairston joins Pads

TippyDrunks
01-18-2010, 09:50 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AmZTpeD00F1yrInV4_s9vOMRvLYF?slug=ap-padres-jerryhairston&prov=ap&type=lgns

mroby85
01-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Good luck to Hairston, I hated seeing him go last year.

BigPoppa
01-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Good luck to Hairston, I hated seeing him go last year.

+ 1

BLEEDS
01-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Why would you hate seeing him go? He is an adequate bench guy, problem is Duhsty gives him too many starts in LF/CF and SS.

At this point, we can't afford $2M Bench players. Give me any pick of the young guns down in the minors and put them no the bench for 1/6th of the price.

I'd much rather have Sutton for the bench/utility role.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

UPRedsFan
01-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Hairston is a true professional and very respectful and accomodating with the fans. I wish him well in SD. Gotta root hard for good guys like that

CRedsLarkin11
01-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Why would you hate seeing him go? He is an adequate bench guy, problem is Duhsty gives him too many starts in LF/CF and SS.

At this point, we can't afford $2M Bench players. Give me any pick of the young guns down in the minors and put them no the bench for 1/6th of the price.

I'd much rather have Sutton for the bench/utility role.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I couldn't agree more. I am thankful it wasn't the Reds

mroby85
01-22-2010, 03:04 PM
I loved Hairston, thats why I hated to see him go. He played his butt off, and went all out all the time. He was a solid player that made you like him that much more for how hard he played. It's not like Dusty had anyone better to play. This team didn't have enough talent to win last year no matter how it was arranged, whether people want to admit that or not, its the truth.