PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard anything about Opening Day tickets?

baron23
01-23-2010, 08:35 PM
I guess it will be a lottery again. Any ideas when that will be?

BEETTLEBUG
01-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Lottery i think that sucks big time.

gedred69
01-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Last year was a lot less expensive to come up with tickets, as there were no Cubs fans to compete with. Cards always bring a lot of their fan base (much more palatable then Cubs fans), so I imagine it will be a tougher ticket this year. I'll just buy a partial season ticket again, and not worry about it.

baron23
01-25-2010, 08:35 AM
I was able to get mine by purchasing tickets to a game during the white sox series, which happened to be the civil rights game. that was a great promotion and i hope they give us an option to buy opening day tix if we also buy tix to an interleague game this year.

bounty37h
01-25-2010, 10:07 AM
I heard they are hard to come by, and 60% of the ones who get them wont be seen at another Reds game all season, unless its a bobble head night.

Brandon4MVP
01-25-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't think they are going to do another lottery this year. Reason being is they are giving season ticket holders the opportunity to buy extra this year. Anyone that has a single season ticket (including full,half, and 20 game packs) can buy 2 opening day tickets. And anyone with two season tickets can buy up to 4 opening day tickets. As opposed to last year where you only had the option to get the exact number of season tickets you had. This was a promotion that was for season ticket holders renewing their season tickets by the end of november.

gedred69
01-27-2010, 12:04 AM
I don't think they are going to do another lottery this year. Reason being is they are giving season ticket holders the opportunity to buy extra this year. Anyone that has a single season ticket (including full,half, and 20 game packs) can buy 2 opening day tickets. And anyone with two season tickets can buy up to 4 opening day tickets. As opposed to last year where you only had the option to get the exact number of season tickets you had. This was a promotion that was for season ticket holders renewing their season tickets by the end of november.

Actually, that 2/ticket was only for those who paid for their season/part season by November 30th..

PedroBourbon
01-27-2010, 09:17 AM

And 80% of those are going up on eBay for $80+/ticket.

Brandon4MVP
01-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Actually, that 2/ticket was only for those who paid for their season/part season by November 30th..

The last sentence of my post said that haha "This was a promotion that was for season ticket holders renewing their season tickets by the end of november."

fugowitribe
01-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Is there a lottery for any other games?..........No, if you are there in person to buy them, then you want to go to the game. Ticket Brokers are the reason that these tickets are so damn expensive. Sell to those who show up and have bought before. The system is a dissapointment.

mroby85
01-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I always heard so much about opening day, and went to 3 out of the last 4, but I have to say I think it's completely overrated. It's usually completely freezing and the stadium has been filled with people who don't even watch/care about the game, and aren't really knowledgeable about what's going on. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't understand all the hype after I went. I'll just watch it on tv, and go the first Friday night or something.

gilpdawg
01-31-2010, 01:46 AM
I believe I heard the registration for the lottery starts on 2/1.

PhatHead
02-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I hit the ticket lottery 2 years ago and it was freezing cold, the game was delayed for 3 hours and the Reds lost, but it was still a blast.