PDA

View Full Version : Shortstop...missing Davey

BoldOD
01-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Our current shortstop woes had me reflecting on just how much of an asset the Reds had in Dave Concepcion. Talk about an anchor.

will5979
01-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Davey was before my time but thats not to say I don't respect the hell outta him because I do. However, think of what we have been missing in Barry Larkin. Sucks that people have to get old (remember his 01-03 years) and retire, and unfortunately in baseball 40 in almost ancient.

Still makes me mad that the Reds didn't allow him to come back in 05, looking back now how many really thought the Reds were better off WITHOUT Larkin in 05?

roby
01-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Our current shortstop woes had me reflecting on just how much of an asset the Reds had in Dave Concepcion. Talk about an anchor.

Davey was a terrible hitter when he first came up (at least as bad a Janish!). Wouldn't it be nice if Janish made a bunch of improvement offensively like Davey did?

gedred69
01-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Davey was a terrible hitter when he first came up (at least as bad a Janish!). Wouldn't it be nice if Janish made a bunch of improvement offensively like Davey did?

Davey did have upside-type qualities even though he didn't hit at first, contact, line drive hitter, good speed on the bases, and other peripherals, blah, blah.... Not to mention the guys hitting in front of him. They even made a .300 hitter out of the Chief!!

Chris Sabowned
01-26-2010, 12:32 PM
And hows about that Jonathon Bench guy. Talk about a player.