PDA

View Full Version : Rich Aurilia

gobucks106
02-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Here's a blast from the past. On MLB Traderumors it says while he is not retired he has a broadcasting deal in place that is contingent on him not finding a job on the field. Who would you rather see as the veteran precence in the clubhouse? Miles or Aurilia? We got Jansih to back up short while Aurilia I am sure is not the defender he once was or has the range he had in the past but I am sure he could still play the corner infield spots and maybe even a spot start at second. He would be a nice right handed bat off the bench and could spell both Rolen and give Votto a day off against a tough lefty. I'd take him over Miles anyday of the week. Now what I don't know is if their is mutual interest. I am just throwing this out their since he does not have a job and that fact he played here and I am sure he still knows some guys. Hell he played for Baker in SF. I think he'd be a nice fit.

Hey Meat
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Here's a blast from the past. On MLB Traderumors it says while he is not retired he has a broadcasting deal in place that is contingent on him not finding a job on the field. Who would you rather see as the veteran precence in the clubhouse? Miles or Aurilia? We got Jansih to back up short while Aurilia I am sure is not the defender he once was or has the range he had in the past but I am sure he could still play the corner infield spots and maybe even a spot start at second. He would be a nice right handed bat off the bench and could spell both Rolen and give Votto a day off against a tough lefty. I'd take him over Miles anyday of the week. Now what I don't know is if their is mutual interest. I am just throwing this out their since he does not have a job and that fact he played here and I am sure he still knows some guys. Hell he played for Baker in SF. I think he'd be a nice fit.

As much I liked Aurilia when he played for the Reds, don't know if he would be that much better than Votto against lefties. I don't know his numbers, but isn't Votto pretty good against left handed pitching for a lefty?

CRedsLarkin11
02-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Votto is one of those rare hitters that is excellent against both. I do agree that we need someone off the bench that can play first other than Hernandez but it's probably not going to happen (*edit- his OBP was over .400 against right and left handers last season)