PDA

View Full Version : Heisey starting off Hot!

Lockdwn11
02-25-2010, 05:38 PM
–Chris Heisey had quite a day in the cage. He hit two out against Francisco Cordero and two more out against Aaron Harang.-John Fay

This young man may just make this team if he keeps hitting like this. He was also the only one to make solid contact against Aroldis Chapman on wed.

Newman4
02-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Let's just hope it's not a sign of things to come for Coco and Harang. :eek:

Orodle
02-25-2010, 06:39 PM
at this point pitchers are most likely just throwing fastballs and possibly change-ups

Vottomatic
02-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Heisey-Matic!

I think he's the same type of player as Joey.

BLEEDS
02-25-2010, 06:52 PM
It IS called "batting practice", not "pitching practice" - the pitchers aren't trying to get these guys out...

Still, a good sign nonetheless.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Jones1
02-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Bleeds I watched Heisey play about 20 games with the dragons and caught about 10 of his games between triple and double A last year he is by far the best player Ive seen coming up not named Jay Bruce or Adam Dunn. Im not a scout but Im very positive he is going to be a special player. Id liken him to a BJ Upton and think he will be that good as i stated here awhile back.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2021052#post2021052

Lockdwn11
02-25-2010, 08:47 PM
It IS called "batting practice", not "pitching practice" - the pitchers aren't trying to get these guys out...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I agree but pitchers are way ahead at this point in the game. Chapman was throwing every pitch he had on wed.Heisey was the only one to make solid contact against him so the fact that he is locked in shows me he has worked hard this off season and is looking to do everything he can to make this team.

UPRedsFan
02-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Woohoo! I'm sold. Move Dickerson to platoon with Stubbs and give left field to Heisey.

BLEEDS
02-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Bleeds I watched Heisey play about 20 games with the dragons and caught about 10 of his games between triple and double A last year he is by far the best player Ive seen coming up not named Jay Bruce or Adam Dunn. Im not a scout but Im very positive he is going to be a special player. Id liken him to a BJ Upton and think he will be that good as i stated here awhile back.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2021052#post2021052

I hope so. I know he ran through the minors last year - of course the advantage is always to the hitter when they arrive on the scene, and don't spend a lot of time there, as pitchers are usually the ones who have to adjust first.

I hope he can break through that log-jam in LF and become a BJ Upton, that would be sweet!

Just think if we had that type of young player in LF, Dickerson/Stubbs in CF, Bruce in RF, and all that young pitching - what are we going to do with ALL that payroll Flex?!?!?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

SidneySlicker
02-26-2010, 11:17 AM

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Newman4
02-26-2010, 07:10 PM

PEACE

-BLEEDS

With that said, and nothing against Heisey because I wish him well, but how much significance can you put into his four HRs then? Not too long ago a guy named Wily Mo put on a pretty good show in BP. I guess we will have to wait til the Cactus League games and hope they all do well.

Jerome
02-26-2010, 07:19 PM
If he doesn't hit well tomorrow, can we please not start a thread that says, "He may not make the team if he keeps hitting like this..."

Vottomatic
02-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Heisey struggled today. He's a bust. ;)

Lockdwn11
02-27-2010, 07:17 AM
nm

improbus
02-27-2010, 09:29 AM
With that said, and nothing against Heisey because I wish him well, but how much significance can you put into his four HRs then? Not too long ago a guy named Wily Mo put on a pretty good show in BP. I guess we will have to wait til the Cactus League games and hope they all do well.

Let's just hope that he isn't Pedro Cerrano.

Lockdwn11
02-27-2010, 06:49 PM

Nothing more than he is starting off well.

ian_madden
02-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Let's just hope that he isn't Pedro Cerrano.

Hey Bartender... Joboo needs another refill!!!!!!!