PDA

View Full Version : Keeper league trade advice

cinredsfan2000
03-02-2010, 06:59 PM
I was offered the following trade offers not sure if im getting enough back.
Id be trading away
Mark Teixeira
Justin Verlander

for offer #1
Jay Bruce
Gordon Beckham
David Price

Offer #2
Jason bay
Jay Bruce
Max Scherzer

HumnHilghtFreel
03-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I'd do offer #1 in an instant most likely.

Tornon
03-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Knowing nothing about how the league rules work or what the rest of your team looks like.. I'm not sure if I would do either of them.

cinredsfan2000
03-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Knowing nothing about how the league rules work or what the rest of your team looks like.. I'm not sure if I would do either of them.

10 team everybodys kept my team.Im a little heavy on reds players though.

Mike Napoli
Mark Reynolds
Brandon Phillips
Chipper Jones
Jimmy Rollins
Mark Teixeira
Jason Kubel
B.J. Upton
Josh Willingham
A.J. Pierzynski
Alfonso Soriano
Joey Votto
Rickie Weeks
Vernon Wells
Robinson Canó
Josh Hamilton
Erick Aybar

Bronson Arroyo
A.J. Burnett
Johnny Cueto
Heath Bell
Mike González
Aaron Harang
Rich Harden
Edwin Jackson
Joe Saunders
Justin Verlander
Edinson Vólquez
Jered Weaver
Aroldis Chapman

Tornon
03-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Hmm.. seeing how strong your IF is & how weak your OF is I might lean towards the 2nd deal. You don't seem to have anywhere to play Beckham if you deal #1

cinredsfan2000
03-02-2010, 09:58 PM
My thinking with beckham was chipper jones pretty much can be counted on to miss a good chunck of time almost every season so i figured beckham would be a good to have . I figure David Price would be a solid young S.P. with a lot of upside while verlander's value is pretty much at it's peek i figure :confused:am i missing anything while also gambling that bruce has his breakout season. like joey had last season:beerme:

Eric_the_Red
03-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Lots of risk with both trades. You are dealing proven commodities for unproven ones. I like #1 best, but I think you may be able to get more.

HayPay
03-03-2010, 07:57 AM
I dont like either offer. Big Tex could be an MVP canidate this year and Verlander is an absolute monster!

Redsnake
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
I don't like either deal as well. Reynolds plays 3B for Chipper if he gets hurt, so need for Beckham. Losing Verlander willl hurt.You do need some OF help. I would try dealing one of your questionable OF (Hamilton, Soriano and Wells) and packaging Votto along with them to land a top 15 outfielder.

AtomicDumpling
03-04-2010, 02:22 AM
I was offered the following trade offers not sure if im getting enough back.
Id be trading away
Mark Teixeira
Justin Verlander

for offer #1
Jay Bruce
Gordon Beckham
David Price

Offer #2
Jason bay
Jay Bruce
Max Scherzer

Offer #2 is better than offer #1, but I wouldn't do either of them. You should be able to get better value for Teixeira and Verlander.