PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Miles Hurt

TheBigLebowski
03-04-2010, 08:03 PM
" Aaron Miles fractured the tip of his right middle finger Thursday afternoon while fielding ground balls.

The injury is not considered serious, but Miles isn't going to be able to participate in full-scale drills until the soreness fades. He's fighting for a backup middle infield job in Reds camp this spring."

This would never happen to a faster player. Makes the Tavares deal look worse and worse, as if that was even possible.

Red in Atl
03-04-2010, 11:24 PM
I wish they could have cloned Taveras, so we could have had him at the top and bottom of the order.

JayBruceFan
03-05-2010, 12:34 AM
On a side note, Adam Rosales homered today

Cant Touch This
03-05-2010, 07:21 AM
On a side note, Adam Rosales homered today

And I bet he circled the bases in 6.8 seconds.

texasdave
03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
" Aaron Miles fractured the tip of his right middle finger Thursday afternoon while fielding ground balls.

The injury is not considered serious, but Miles isn't going to be able to participate in full-scale drills until the soreness fades. He's fighting for a backup middle infield job in Reds camp this spring."

This would never happen to a faster player. Makes the Tavares deal look worse and worse, as if that was even possible.

And even if by some freak accident Taveras were to fracture the tip of his right middle finger (sometimes bones have been known to fracture when subjected to intense bursts of speed), without question his finger would heal faster.

fugowitribe
03-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Hey, I don't care if he is out for the year, as long as we have Taveras gone, I am cool with it. We have Cairo to back up the back up.

bgwilly31
03-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah im surprised we got anything for taveras to begin with. Just giving him away is fine with me.

Boston Red
03-05-2010, 10:23 PM
I guess this evens out the competition between Miles and Burke.

MBZags
03-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Given Cairo's hot start to spring training, he may end up making the team over Miles if the latter is out for a significant part of ST.

Redsfan320
03-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Given Cairo's hot start to spring training, he may end up making the team over Miles if the latter is out for a significant part of ST.

Yeah, check out the new sig. I changed to this morning. I'm seeing the makings of a very good fictitious baseball team starring Corky Miller at catcher, Cairo somewhere in the IF, and Dunn in Left or at 1st. :thumbup:

MBZags
03-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Cairo's such a beast that he could clearly play SS and 2B at the same time.

Redsfan320
03-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Cairo's such a beast that he could clearly play SS and 2B at the same time

Yeah. We should have him stand directly behind second base, and just have Brandon stand in the outfield somewhere. After all he's really not that great of a defender. ;) :cool:

markymark69
03-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Hey, I don't care if he is out for the year, as long as we have Taveras gone, I am cool with it. We have Cairo to back up the back up.

I agree. I was thinking the same thing.

Vottomatic
03-07-2010, 08:58 AM
And I bet he circled the bases in 6.8 seconds.

6.5 seconds. They had a Race Horse pacing him. :p:

TheBigLebowski
03-08-2010, 09:17 AM
It's been a little while since I've seen Cairo play but, from what I recall, he's never been very fast, so take this hot start with a grain of salt. Clearly an aberration.