Ron Madden
03-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Per John Fays blog.

Says maybe 2014 at the earliest.

OnBaseMachine
03-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Selig: Cincinnati deserves an All-Star Game
Posted by jfay March 6th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Commissioner Bud Selig was in Goodyear for a tour of the stadium. Reds owner Bob Castellini used the visit as an opportunity to lobby for an All-Star Game.

“He actually broached the subject a couple of hours ago,” Selig said. “Yes, it’s under consideration. We try to be as fair as we can. You have a lot of teams with new stadiums. All-Star Games were a part of that.

“Cincinnati deserves one and we’ll work on it.”

The Reds’ efforts in the Civil Rights Game will be helpful.

“It couldn’t have gone any better,” Selig said. “It was an amazing experience. That was great day for me. It was just a tremendous experience.”

The soonest the Reds could get the game is probably 2014. This year’s game will be in Anaheim, 2011 in Arizona, 2012 in Kansas City. The New York Mets are reportedly the front-runner for 2013. An American League city would get 2014 under the current system. But MLB is considering relaxing that rule.

Selig was impressed with Goodyear.

“This is remarkable, absolutely amazing. Bob Castellini took me on a tour. I think it’s a testament to all the people involved and a testament to baseball’s great popularity.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

WMR
03-06-2010, 09:02 PM
I wonder how much you'd have to pay for decent seats to an ASG in GABP?

KronoRed
03-06-2010, 09:28 PM
He'd say the same thing no matter where he was.

Reds in 2020.

Ron Madden
03-06-2010, 09:32 PM
He'd say the same thing no matter where he was.

That very same thought crossed my mind.

15fan
03-06-2010, 09:46 PM
“Cincinnati deserves one and we’ll work on it.”

My advice to Cincinnati is to threaten to walk off the lot if Bud doesn't throw in free undercoating, a complimentary first oil change, and most importantly, a new set of floor mats.