PDA

View Full Version : Buying stuff online

NorrisHopper30
03-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm thinking about buying shoes from b2bman.com because they are really cheap (fake, from china) and one of my friends thinks I should go get a visa card that you put a certain amount of money on rather than just using my credit card.

Has anyone used this site before? How can I tell if it's legit? What do you think I should do?

George Anderson
03-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm thinking about buying shoes from b2bman.com because they are really cheap (fake, from china) and one of my friends thinks I should go get a visa card that you put a certain amount of money on rather than just using my credit card.

Has anyone used this site before? How can I tell if it's legit? What do you think I should do?

My nephew bought a pair of shoes from overseas and they never shipped.

I would be very leary.

Sea Ray
03-07-2010, 07:42 PM

Call the 800 number on your card and ask them their policy but I think buying on line is the easiest thing in the world because you can pretty much refute the charges if you don't receive a service. For that reason I now put services that my business receives on a card rather than writing a check. As for on line purchases I do it all the time and sleep very well at night

macro
03-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Do a google search on "b2bman scam" and you'll find that this site is listed on all the scam lists.

RBA
03-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Do a google search on "b2bman scam" and you'll find that this site is listed on all the scam lists.

I went to the site and they have a banner saying to use Western Union or MoneyGram. Two services that scammers like using. I wouldn't order from them, but that's just me.

NorrisHopper30
03-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Thanks guys, I decided to use ebay.