PDA

View Full Version : Reds on now on directv 692

GADawg
03-10-2010, 03:00 PM
if you're off today like my lazy arse anyway

OnBaseMachine
03-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Two televised Reds games so far this spring. Starting pitcher for both games? Mike Lincoln.

Plus Plus
03-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Any idea if this is being broadcast on cable as well?

GADawg
03-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Two televised Reds games so far this spring. Starting pitcher for both games? Mike Lincoln.

I don't mind watching him all spring as long as I don't have to watch him start regular season games

MississippiRed
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Is MLB Gameday just turned off today?

klw
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Isn't Leake throwing today too?

OnBaseMachine
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Isn't Leake throwing today too?

Yes, he was very impressive too. His line: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K

He faced the heart of the Angels order too. He struckout Erick Aybar, walked Bobby Abreu (all four pitches were below the knees), then got an inning ending double play from Kendry Morales. In his second inning of work, Hideki Matsui flied out routinely to CF, Juan Rivera lined out to 3B, Napoli reached on an error as Juan Francisco completely botched it, and then Brandon Wood flied out weakly.

Everything he threw was at the bottom of the strikezone.

GADawg
03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
did you see how close Drew Stubbs made that play at first after blistering that ground ball? Dude can get down the line.

Also i haven't seen much of Alonzo but after seeing him leg out that double earlier he appears to be more athletic than I was giving him credit for...maybe he can play a different position

oneupper
03-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Just picked it up on MLB.tv. Reds up 6-0 in the 8th.

oneupper
03-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Crazy end to the Angels 8th.

Kip Wells gets the first two out, then walks the bases full and finally uncorks a pitch which gets away from Corky the catcher. They get the runner coming home.

Who needs to throw strikes?

TeamBoone
03-10-2010, 05:46 PM
It would be extremely helpful if a thread is headed "now", "today", etc. if the date was included. Not trying to be picky, it's just annoying to open something and find out it's too late.

oneupper
03-10-2010, 05:50 PM
REDS win 6-0.
Lincoln 2 IP, Rhodes 1, Leak, Wood and Wells 2 each.
Three hits 5 BB for the Angels.

Frazier with 2 hits and 2 RBIs seems to have been the offensive hero.

corkedbat
03-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Yes, he was very impressive too. His line: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K

He faced the heart of the Angels order too. He struckout Erick Aybar, walked Bobby Abreu (all four pitches were below the knees), then got an inning ending double play from Kendry Morales. In his second inning of work, Hideki Matsui flied out routinely to CF, Juan Rivera lined out to 3B, Napoli reached on an error as Juan Francisco completely botched it, and then Brandon Wood flied out weakly.

Everything he threw was at the bottom of the strikezone.

Was Francisco at 3B when he made the error? If so, why? Get him to LF and let him get used to making them out there. He's not gonna be a major league 3B.

Chip R
03-10-2010, 08:02 PM
It would be extremely helpful if a thread is headed "now", "today", etc. if the date was included. Not trying to be picky, it's just annoying to open something and find out it's too late.

You mean something like a game thread? :confused:

OnBaseMachine
03-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Great news for those of us with DirecTV. The Reds and Dodgers game tomorrow (Friday, March 12) will be on Channel 694 at 3:00 Eastern Time. Bronson Arroyo will start the game but Aroldis Chapman is scheduled to pitch too, as is Micah Owings, Carlos Fisher, and Francisco Cordero.

I'm excited about seeing Chapman pitch.

TeamBoone
03-12-2010, 04:16 PM
You mean something like a game thread? :confused:

Not really... take this thread, for instance. "Reds on now on directv 692"; instead, "Reds on now (3/12 on directv 692". That way, without even opening the thread, I'll know not to look for them on 3/13!

GAC
03-13-2010, 05:16 AM
I'm assuming, since MLBN holds all the rights, that if one wants to listen to any of the ST games they need to subscribe to Gameday audio? I noticed that FSO will be broadcasting a couple Reds games in March too. But other then that, it's a pretty limited schedule?

membengal
03-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Yes, if you can't get WLW over the radio (or an affiliate carrying the games) you have to subscribe to the MLB audio to get it on mlb.com. It's not that much, all things considered, though, at $19.95, and I have experienced few problems with it. The bonus for the spring training games is there are times I can get Reds games through opponent broadcasts when WLW isn't carrying the game. It's how I was able to hear Monday's game agaisnt the Royals and the Friday game against the Dodgers, which was kinda cool since those were Chapman games.

RBA
03-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Reds at Cubs on WLW radio today (3-13-10). Start time 3:05 Eastern.

Tomorrow's game (3-14-10) White Sox at Reds is also on WLW. Start time is 4:05 Eastern as Arizona doesn't do daylight savings time.

No TV for both games this weekend.

redsfan1966
03-13-2010, 08:32 AM
I only have one question---I saw the Reds vs. Dodger game was on mlb.com--how come it wasnt on XM? Shouldnt it have aired on it as well?

Reds Fanatic
03-13-2010, 09:46 AM
I only have one question---I saw the Reds vs. Dodger game was on mlb.com--how come it wasnt on XM? Shouldnt it have aired on it as well?XM does not air all spring training games. They just air some games. You can see the games on XM at this link:

http://www.xmradio.com/schedule/sport/get_mlb_schedule.jsp