PDA

View Full Version : AL Dynasty League Year 3: Two teams available to adopt

mbgrayson
03-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Hello everyone. I am the commissioner for an AL only dynasty league that is in it's third season on Yahoo. This is a 5x5 standard league.

We have ten slots, of which eight have re-upped from last year. Two teams are available to be adopted.

I am going to post the final rosters of these three available teams from last year, and if you are interested in adopting one of them, PM me. I will then PM you back with sign up info.

We plan to draft new AL players soon, and of course you can drop any players on your roster that are now in the NL. We will do this year's draft in the reverse order of finish from last year. Only players that are new to the AL or were not on someone's roster at the end of last year will be available in the Yahoo player pool to be drafted.

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, 3 OF, 2UT, 2SP, 2RP, 4P, 8BN, 2DL.

It is a dynasty league, so you keep everyone on your roster. You can release anyone you want, or who switches to the NL or is released by their team. Also, anyone who had someone who went to the NL over the off-season loses that player.

We are waiting to get managers for the last 2 teams, then we will start a slow off line draft. I think we will do 8 hours per pick, and post the picks on the Yahoo league message board. There won't be too many rounds, since everyone will start with 20+ players already. Finally, we will vote on any rule changes that anyone wants to suggest after the ten manager slots are full. One that I plan to put up for a vote is how trades get vetoed: league vote or commissioner decision.

Team #1
Bobby Abreu (LAA - OF)
Daric Barton (Oak - 1B)
Jason Bay (NYM - OF)
Chris Getz (KC - 2B)
Carlos Guillén (Det - 1B,3B,OF)
Aubrey Huff (SF - 1B,3B)
Maicer Izturis (LAA - 2B,3B,SS)
Hideki Matsui (LAA - OF)
Magglio Ordóñez (Det - OF)
Plácido Polanco (Phi - 2B)
Jorge Posada (NYY - C)
Marco Scutaro (Bos - 2B,3B,SS)
Ichiro Suzuki (Sea - OF)
Pitchers
Alfredo Aceves (NYY - SP,RP)
Octavio Dotel (Pit - RP)
Brian Duensing (Min - SP,RP)
Brian Fuentes (LAA - RP)
Freddy García (CWS - SP)
Édgar González (Oak - SP,RP)
Daniel Hudson (CWS - SP)
Tommy Hunter (Tex - SP)
Mark Lowe (Sea - RP)
Hideki Okajima (Bos - RP)
Carl Pavano (Min - SP)
Mariano Rivera (NYY - RP)
Marc Rzepczynski (Tor - SP)
Kevin Slowey (Min - SP)
Robinson Tejeda (KC - SP,RP)

Team #2.
Rod Barajas (Tor - C)
Jason Bartlett (TB - SS)
Russell Branyan (Sea - 1B,3B)
Shin-Soo Choo (Cle - OF)
Endy Chávez (Sea - OF)
Johnny Damon (NYY - OF)
Rajai Davis (Oak - OF)
Mark Ellis (Oak - 2B)
Gabe Gross (Oak - OF)
Vladimir Guerrero (Tex - OF)
Aaron Hill (Tor - 2B)
Julio Lugo (StL - 2B,SS)
David Ortiz (Bos - 1B)
Jhonny Peralta (Cle - 3B,SS)
Juan Rivera (LAA - OF)
Ty Wigginton (Bal - 1B,3B,OF)
Pitchers
Brian Bruney (Was - RP)
Mark Buehrle (CWS - SP)
Joba Chamberlain (NYY - SP,RP)
Neftali Feliz (Tex - SP,RP)
Félix Hernández (Sea - SP)
J.P. Howell (TB - RP)
Aaron Laffey (Cle - SP,RP)
Vin Mazzaro (Oak - SP)
Dustin McGowan (Tor - SP)
Gil Meche (KC - SP)
Andy Pettitte (NYY - SP)
Jarrod Washburn (Det - SP)
Brad Ziegler (Oak - RP)

The guys in italics will be dropped because they are no longer in the AL.

These teams will be available first to RedsZone members until Saturday 3/13, then I will open the league up on Yahoo if necessary.

Mike

Eric_the_Red
03-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I will take team #2.

redsfandan
03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
I will take team #2.
Sweet. I think that would mean that there's only one team left in the AL league and one team left in the NL league so, hopefully, we can't get things going soon.

Eric_the_Red
03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
My step-father is interested in both the AL and NL teams. Check your PM.

NJReds
03-11-2010, 09:16 PM
I'll take team if it's still available.

mbgrayson
03-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks everyone!

The league is now full thanks to some fast manager recruiting. I will be adding last year's rosters today and tomorrow. You can drop players once your roster is up, but you can't add anyone until we start the draft.

I will post the draft order by tomorrow, and I would propose that we start a slow draft, with up to 8 hours to pick, on Monday 3/15 at noon eastern.

If there are any proposals for rule changes, please post them here or on the league board. I will start with this one: who should have the power to veto trades, a majority of the league, or the commissioner?

Eric_the_Red
03-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Can we set the time to 12 hours to pick? If someone before me picks when I go to work, I won't be able to make my selection in time. Fantasy sports sites are blocked at my workplace.

mbgrayson
03-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Can we set the time to 12 hours to pick? If someone before me picks when I go to work, I won't be able to make my selection in time. Fantasy sports sites are blocked at my workplace.

Remember, the draft often moves pretty slowly. It looks like you pick 7th, and I pick 9th. If your turn is approaching and you have work, just send me (or anyone else) 2 or 3 players you are interested in, in your order of preference, before you go to work, and we would place your pick for you.

My concern is that when we have done 12 hour picks in the past, the whole pace of the draft slows way down. I know we have 2 weeks + till the season starts, but that could be a problem, given that we are just starting on March 15th.

mbgrayson
03-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Draft order: Inverse of last year’s standings:

1. Bk
2. That Cool Guy
3.Fall of Fail
4. Wrecking Crew
5. New York Knights
6. Cin-City Redlegs
7. The Strike Team
8. Efrat Invaders
9. Wii Not Fit
10. Montana Mariners

We can start drafting at noon Monday 3/15/10 eastern time, by picking players from the available player list. After you have chosen, you must also post a note listing the round number, your draft pick number, and the player chosen. For example: Round 1, pick 1, Alex Rodriguez. Each manager will have 8 hours to pick. If you will be busy during your pick, you may tell another manager or myself who you will take when your turn to pick comes. If you miss your pick, the next manager in turn must go forward, but you may still take your turn as soon as you come back on.

In the past, we have found it very helpful to send an e-mail note after you pick to the next manager in order, to remind him that it is now his turn.

The rosters are now loaded, look on ‘Sunday’ or later to see them.

The waiver wire priority will be the same, although that won’t come into play until later.

Several managers lost a lot of players to the NL. We had a suggestion to do compensatory picks after the first round. Without trying to classify players lost into type A, B, or C, here is how many players each team lost over the off-season:

1. Bk- 3
2. That Cool Guy- 1
3.Fall of Fail- 1
4. Wrecking Crew- 8
5. New York Knights- 3
6. Cin-City Redlegs- 3
7. The Strike Team- 1
8. Efrat Invaders- 5
9. Wii Not Fit- 4
10. Montana Mariners- 4

I propose that every player who lost 3 or more players get 2 compensatory picks after the first round (chosen in draft order), then we resume the regular draft, starting at the top again. (Straight draft format, not snake draft). We will only do this if at least five other managers vote ‘yes’. Post your vote...

Also, who should have the power to veto trades, commissioner or majority of managers? Post your vote...

I have added two slots to the roster to cover for the DL players some managers had at the end of last year. You will need to make sure that you have at least two slots open, since I will trim the roster size back down by two when the draft starts Monday.

You will not be able to place players on the DL (where you will have two slots) until Yahoo starts listing players as injured. So if you have an injured guy, you can either carry them in a bench roster slot for now, or drop them.

Mike
AL Commissioner

Eric_the_Red
03-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Same votes for me as NL league - league veto and no compensatory picks.

thatcoolguy_22
03-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Compensatory picks need to happen. Wrecking crew lost 8 players. If you want to put a limit on the player universe there has to be some sort of compensation when your superstar leaves for no other reason than because he was traded or signed a contract. The veto is whatever. We had a pretty big issue with a trade last year because of veto. Anyone remember the Pujols trade? ;)

redsfandan
03-14-2010, 12:45 AM
That's why I'm hoping everyone voices their opinion about vetoes NOW so we don't have a repeat later.

thatcoolguy_22
03-14-2010, 01:21 AM
I say no veto to any trade. We didn't have a hint of collusion last year and the only time the veto was used, it caused a huge controversy.

redsfandan
03-14-2010, 01:45 AM
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that statement.

mbgrayson
10-04-2010, 08:41 AM
2010 Final Standings:

Rank Team Points Pts
1. Montana Mariners 88
2. Strike Team 70
3. thatcoolguy_22 63
4. Full Of Fail 58
5. Cin-City Redlegs 56.5
6. bk 54
7. Wrecking Crew 52
8. New York Knights 38
8. Efrat Invaders 38
10. Wii Not Fitt 32.5
Last standings update: Mon Oct 04 04:07am MDT

Joseph
10-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Terrible as always :D

Fun season though everyone. I look forward to next year.