PDA

View Full Version : It comes in 3s. Peter Graves dead at 83

Chip R
03-14-2010, 11:52 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35866150/ns/entertainment-movies/

macro
03-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Joey...you like movies about gladiators?

RIP Peter Graves

goreds2
03-15-2010, 12:10 AM
I remember as a kid watching him on Mission Impossible. RIP

KronoRed
03-15-2010, 12:59 AM
So long Mr.Phelps :(

Sea Ray
03-15-2010, 04:04 PM
What a great way to go...drop dead after Sunday brunch, no hospital stay, no chemo, no surgery etc

Kingspoint
03-15-2010, 07:38 PM
The Minnesota native and brother of James Arness (Gunsmoke) has passed away. That was one talented family.

I was just talking about Peter Graves and reading him biography from Wikipedia last month.

It's very interesting how James Arness went to Hollywood first and then his "little brother" followed him out there.

westofyou
03-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Graves lived in the same neighborhood as young Barry Williams (Greg Brady) Barry would hound him and try and get tips and other acting tid-bits. Graves was pretty patient with the kid, Williams said he was insufferable at times.

Dom Heffner
03-15-2010, 10:37 PM
The Minnesota native and brother of James Arness (Gunsmoke) has passed away. That was one talented family.

I was just talking about Peter Graves and reading him biography from Wikipedia last month.

It's very interesting how James Arness went to Hollywood first and then his "little brother" followed him out there.

Perhaps these things come in 4's.

RedsBaron
03-16-2010, 12:43 PM
James Arness's web site has for several weeks been indicating that he was not autographing items "at this time", which makes me wonder if Arness himself is in poor health. Arness will be 87 years old in May.

edabbs44
03-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Graves lived in the same neighborhood as young Barry Williams (Greg Brady) Barry would hound him and try and get tips and other acting tid-bits. Graves was pretty patient with the kid, Williams said he was insufferable at times.

"Barry, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

marcshoe
03-22-2010, 12:04 AM
This one got me a little. I've long been comforted by the fact that Graves and Arness still lived, making me feel somewhat young. Not many of the actors I watched when I was small are still around.

GAC
04-03-2010, 10:08 AM
James Arness's web site has for several weeks been indicating that he was not autographing items "at this time", which makes me wonder if Arness himself is in poor health. Arness will be 87 years old in May.

He didn't look to be in the best of health when I saw him in a TV interview a few months back. But then again, do most who are 87 years old?

His website also says he will be unable to attend his brother's funeral because he fell awhile back and cracked a rib and injured his shoulder, which has caused other physical difficulties with his arm and hands.

Growing up, Gunsmoke was a staple in our household as it was my Dad's favorite show. And when it came on, you definitely didn't sit in Dad's chair.

Even today, when Gunsmoke comes on in reruns, I can't help but think of my Dad.

For those interested, here's Pt 1 of a five part interview with Jim from 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJsjup72W_8

But I loved watching Mission Impossible growing up. I don't understand why it isn't being shown on cable in reruns?

So RIP Mr Graves.