PDA

View Full Version : What's up with all these players from no where?!?

Redsfan320
03-16-2010, 06:52 PM
And why aren't they listed with the non-roster invites? Players like "Kris Negron" and "Chris McMurray," who are, according to C.Trent, available for today's game. I like to track these things, and this makes it very difficult. :angry:. List them-- SOMEWHERE! If they are listed somewhere, please direct me there. Also, in a pic, I saw someone with a #90 jersey and the name "Cannon," but as this was on Jamie Ramsey's blog, it could have been a doctored photo somehow joking about John "The Loose Cannon" Fay.

Thanks for any help.

JayBruceFan
03-16-2010, 10:29 PM
That would be Minor League Pitcher Forest Cannon:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=572357

Fantastic Name

Redsfan320
03-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Don't have #s for them, but according to C.Trent, Kris Negron is a 2B who we got in the Gonzo trade with Boston, and Chris McMurray is a catcher. Mr. Cannon was in Billings last year. Billings! Rookie league! What is he doing at Big-league spring training?? Some sorta contract thing? Turns out McMurray's still in high-A, and Negron isn't doing to great between high-A and AA.

JayBruceFan
03-16-2010, 11:04 PM
The picture with Cannon was from Minor League Camp

Redsfan320
03-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Ohhh. That clears it up a little. Still, why aren't Negron and McMurray listed on the Reds NRIs?

DannyB
03-17-2010, 11:34 AM
The minor leagues have their own spring training and its right there with the big club so its pretty common to use those guys when they need some bodies.