PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite concession at the GAB?

Kingspoint
03-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Alley Dogs - Section 401:
Featuring Kahn's Hotdogs, Brats, Big Red Smokeys, Popcorn and Soft Pretzels.

Beer Portable Stands - Sections 109, 126, 135 & 518:
Guests can choose among the domestic, microbrews and imports at these portable beer stand locations.

Tiki Bar - Section 133:
Featuring mixed drinks, wine and an assortment of Frozen Drinks.

Doggy's Dogs - Section 135:
Featuring Kahn's Hotdogs, Brats, and Big Red Smokeys.

Downtown/High 5/Crosley Grill - Sections 119, 130, 514:
Specializing in 1/2 pound Burgers, Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, Chicken Tenders and an assortment of French Fries.

Dugout Dogs - Sections 516 & 525:
Featuring Kahn's Hotdogs, Brats, Big Red Smokeys, Popcorn and Soft Pretzels.

Frank's Franks - Sections 113, 142, 531:
Featuring Kahn's Hotdog, Brats and Big Red Smokey.

Home Run Dogs - Section 105:
Featuring Kahn's Hotdog, Brats, Big Red Smokeys and Popcorn.

Knuxy's Knots - Section 525:
Featuring Gourmet Pretzels, Kahn's Hotdogs and the Big Red Smokey.

LaRosa's Pizzeria - Sections 113, 133, 518:
Try a piece of Cincinnati featuring LaRosa's Pizza and Steak Hoagies.

Montgomery Inn - Section 124:
Cincinnati's own Montgomery Inn Pulled Pork and Chicken.

Riverfront Dogs - Section 118:
Featuring Kahn's Hotdog, Brats and Big Red Smokeys.

Roebling Dogs - Sections 113 & 135:
Featuring Kahn's Hotdog, Brats and Big Red Smokeys.

Skyline Chili - Sections 116, 130 & 518:
Featuring Cincinnati's own Skyline Cheese Coney.

Pub - Section 108:
Featuring a wide variety of bottled beers, both domestic and import.

United Dairy Farmers - Sections 117, 133 & 525:
Try a United Dairy Farmers Chocolate/Vanilla Soft Serve Sundae today. UDF Hard Dip Cups, Ice Cream Bars and the Frosty Malt are also available.

Ghosts of 1990
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
We could be better in this area overall, but I've always loved Skyline when I'm blowing my diet for ballpark food. Last year we had Chicago Style hot dogs on the man concourse 1st base line. Those were really good.

sivman17
03-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Skyline without a doubt. However, I do like the new one dollar stands but the line is usually too long to deal with.

Anytime I watch the Reds it makes me want Skyline even if I'm not at the game. Crazzyy

Ghosts of 1990
03-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Skyline without a doubt. However, I do like the new one dollar stands but the line is usually too long to deal with.

Anytime I watch the Reds it makes me want Skyline even if I'm not at the game. Crazzyy

Lol yes same here on the skyline/reds association. I only cave in the spring and summer during baseball season and usually buy the skyline chili spagetti at the store

BLEEDS
03-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Since I don't live in Cincy anymore, I would go for LaRosa's and Skyline - although I'm a Gold Star guy myself. Can't beat the hometown grub.
If UDF sold Chocolate Malts at the ballpark, I'd put them number one.

I'm also partial to the sundae helmet. Makes me feel like I'm 8 years old again!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Kingspoint
03-17-2010, 05:16 AM
I've been to ChiliFest in October. That was fun.

But, I think I'd go for the Kahn's Brat(s) and a Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb, if I could find one.

DaytonFlyer
03-17-2010, 08:54 AM
The UDF Frosty Malts. I must have one every time.

Redsfan320
03-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Coneys (no mustard, no onion), and FuNachos (all cheese, no salsa, because the salsa's no good there). Can't go wrong with those!

BLEEDS
03-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Coneys (no mustard, no onion)

Huh? Then I think it's just called a chilli-cheese dog!

Extra onions for me! :p:

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Redsfan320
03-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Then I think it's just called a chilli-cheese dog!

That works as well. I just prefer "coney." It still is one, just w/o a couple minor toppings. :)

Road Pop
03-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Last game I ate Penn Station. I usually hit the Skyline in Delhi and LaRosa's in either Delhi for take out or Boudinot for eat-in when I'm in town.

texasdave
03-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Since I don't live in Cincy anymore, I would go for LaRosa's and Skyline - although I'm a Gold Star guy myself. Can't beat the hometown grub.
If UDF sold Chocolate Malts at the ballpark, I'd put them number one.

I'm also partial to the sundae helmet. Makes me feel like I'm 8 years old again!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I get to Cincinnati once a year and live almost exclusively on Skyline and LaRosa's for the entire week. When I visit GABP, however, I am going for a hot brat and a cold beer thank you very much.

Kingspoint
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM
I get to Cincinnati once a year and live almost exclusively on Skyline and LaRosa's for the entire week. When I visit GABP, however, I am going for a hot brat and a cold beer thank you very much.

Remind me not to sit next to you at a game. :D

Or, at least sit upwind. But, by the responses here, I don't think there's a safe place in the GAB.

BLEEDS
03-17-2010, 03:16 PM

I hear ya, but I can get a beer and a brat at any game - and I will, several of each!
BUT, if I'm at GABP, I'm as giddy as a school girl to be able to grab a coney and a slice of LaRosa's pizza to enjoy during the game!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

davereds24
03-17-2010, 03:52 PM
nachos with cheese, salsa, extra peppers

montgomery inn pulled pork meal

JohnnyBench
03-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I'm sitting on this barstool talking like a damn fool
Got the twelve o'clock news blues
And I've given up hope on the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew

Is it any wonder I'm not crazy? Is it any wonder I'm sane at all?
Well I'm so tired of losing I got nothing to do and all day to do it
I go out cruisin' but I've no place to go and all night to get there
Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal? Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?

Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands
It's ticking away with my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands
It's hard to believe such a calamity

And it's ticking away, ticking away from me
(Too much time on my hands)
It's tick-tick-ticking away from me
Now I don't know what to do I swear

Too much time on my hands

Now I'm a jet fuel genius
I can solve the world's problems without even trying
I have dozens of friends and the fun never ends
That is, as long as I'm buying
Is it any wonder I'm not the president
Is it any wonder I'm null and void?

Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands
It's ticking away at my sanity
it's hard to believe such a calamity

Tick-tick-ticking away
And I don't know what to do

Tick-tick-ticking away

Too much time on my

:p:;)

GIDP
03-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Hot dog and beer
`

bounty37h
03-18-2010, 11:42 AM
I've been to ChiliFest in October. That was fun.

But, I think I'd go for the Kahn's Brat(s) and a Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb, if I could find one.

Are kahns the main hotdog in Cincy area, or is that just at Reds games?

bounty37h
03-18-2010, 11:45 AM
nachos with cheese, salsa, extra peppers

montgomery inn pulled pork meal

I am very interested in trying your version of pulled pork, see how it compares to what we have here in NC, the real deal!!!

Rockermann
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
It's tick-tick-ticking away from me
Now I don't know what to do I swear
(Too much time on my hands)...

One of my favorite Styx songs. Great little rocker. :)

BigJohn
03-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Man, I am a cheap Basterd, We bring a small soft-sided cooler with water and Gatorades in it, bring our own bag of peanuts and a big bag of trail mix from sam's club. Then on the way home we stop in Batavia and have Skyline dogs and 5 ways topped off with a large Chocolate Malt at UDF. Things have probably changed this year though, with the new City BBQ right there across the road from Skyline it may be hard to keep from turning left instead of right!!!!!!!!

BLEEDS
03-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Man, I am a cheap Basterd, We bring a small soft-sided cooler with water and Gatorades in it, bring our own bag of peanuts and a big bag of trail mix from sam's club. Then on the way home we stop in Batavia and have Skyline dogs and 5 ways topped off with a large Chocolate Malt at UDF. Things have probably changed this year though, with the new City BBQ right there across the road from Skyline it may be hard to keep from turning left instead of right!!!!!!!!

So you may be cheap, but are you also skinny?

That's a good appetizer, but last time I checked MBL games are 3+ hours long. A Gatorade and peanuts/trail-mix aren't going to cut it.

Gluttony is in full force when I'm going to to a game!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BigJohn
03-18-2010, 01:36 PM
BigJohn is not one of those nicknames like Tiny. If they call you Big John there is a reason. I have been known to stop at Larosa's on the way to the game, then hit Skyline on the way home. The Snacks are just for something to do while watching the Reds race, fan cam, kiss cam and skyline shuffle, etc!!!!!

BLEEDS
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
BigJohn is not one of those nicknames like Tiny. If they call you Big John there is a reason. I have been known to stop at Larosa's on the way to the game, then hit Skyline on the way home. The Snacks are just for something to do while watching the Reds race, fan cam, kiss cam and skyline shuffle, etc!!!!!

That's what I figured! lol.

That being said, I think you're taking away from the "Game Experience" if you are doing bottled waters and trail mix!

Maybe just me since I can't eat that stuff every day!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BigJohn
03-18-2010, 01:50 PM
I have a 16 year old son, You know how many $5 hot dogs he can eat if you go to the game hungry?

He does (always) have to get an order of Nachos, Double Cheese!!!!!!

Kingspoint
03-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Are kahns the main hotdog in Cincy area, or is that just at Reds games?

Someone else will have to answer that, as I just like brats, period. I don't know the Cincy specialties.

Kingspoint
03-18-2010, 02:12 PM
I have a 16 year old son, You know how many $5 hot dogs he can eat if you go to the game hungry?

When the kids were young, it was always a bag full of drinks and food, allowing for one item each for the kids they could buy.

Then some moron of an owner decided to disallow any food/drinks to be brought in the games. Some people can be real idiots sometimes. There are so many people that immediately were eliminated from going to the games because of that. You need to keep baseball family friendly. So, instead of 7 or 8 games in a season a family would go to, it's one, two, or even none.

Like you said, even if you bring your own food, you still can't help but buy things there anyway.

BLEEDS
03-18-2010, 02:17 PM

I hear that - you fill him full of rice so it expands in his stomach! Then, you make him get a job to pay for his own food!
Wishful thinking, I'm sure... lol!
If all else fails, give him $5 and tell him to go stand in the $1 hotdog line!

Like I said, I still eat before/after a game - I also continue to eat during a game, I can't help myself!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BLEEDS
03-18-2010, 02:18 PM
When the kids were young, it was always a bag full of drinks and food, allowing for one item each for the kids they could buy.

Then some moron of an owner decided to disallow any food/drinks to be brought in the games. Some people can be real idiots sometimes. There are so many people that immediately were eliminated from going to the games because of that. You need to keep baseball family friendly. So, instead of 7 or 8 games in a season a family would go to, it's one, two, or even none.

Like you said, even if you bring your own food, you still can't help but buy things there anyway.

Is that still a rule now, or can you bring your own food to GABP?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BigJohn
03-18-2010, 02:37 PM
You can bring in your own food. I have carried in Subway sandwiches, or home made sandwiches and plastic bottles as long as they haven't been opened. Coolers must be soft and any bags of snacks must be sealed.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/cin_ballpark_gabp_azguide.jsp

Caveman Techie
03-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Just because it's where my season tickets were located and it's the one I always went to. Knuxy's Knots

Kingspoint
03-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Is that still a rule now, or can you bring your own food to GABP?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was speaking about a Minor League ballpark elsewhere. It's cool that the REDS let you bring in whatever you want as long as it's what was said...in unopened plastic containers, etc.

OGB
03-19-2010, 06:03 AM
My favorite will always be the hot dog, but not the new large ones on the gourmet bun or whatever it is. I love the old Riverfront style small dogs that come in the foil pouch that are kept hot in a steamer, are piping hot, and the bun is real soft as a result. Just add mustard, kraut and enjoy. I can do 2 or 3 no problem.

While I haven't had one since I was a kid, I have to agree with BLEEDS, for I too have a huge soft spot for the helmet sundae.

BLEEDS
03-19-2010, 10:33 AM
You can bring in your own food. I have carried in Subway sandwiches, or home made sandwiches and plastic bottles as long as they haven't been opened. Coolers must be soft and any bags of snacks must be sealed.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/cin_ballpark_gabp_azguide.jsp

Cool!
I wonder if I can stop by Gold Star and get a 10 pack of conies - and put them in a zip lock storage bag?!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BLEEDS
03-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was speaking about a Minor League ballpark elsewhere. It's cool that the REDS let you bring in whatever you want as long as it's what was said...in unopened plastic containers, etc.

Of course, the king of the back-pedal/revisionist history... :p:

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BLEEDS
03-19-2010, 10:38 AM
My favorite will always be the hot dog, but not the new large ones on the gourmet bun or whatever it is. I love the old Riverfront style small dogs that come in the foil pouch that are kept hot in a steamer, are piping hot, and the bun is real soft as a result. Just add mustard, kraut and enjoy. I can do 2 or 3 no problem.

While I haven't had one since I was a kid, I have to agree with BLEEDS, for I too have a huge soft spot for the helmet sundae.

Dude, totally with you, give me the cheap, small hot-dog with the normal bun. I don't want the ginormous dog on a 1/2 pound deli-bun with sesame seeds! I just want to load it up - my preference is mustard, onion, and relish - and be able to hold it with one hand!

Man, I am totally jonesing for some Cincy eats. All this talk about LaRosa's, UDF, Skyline/GoldStar. Makes me miss my old home, just for those comfort foods.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BigJohn
03-19-2010, 11:29 AM
and Graeters' Ice Cream, OMG the Raspberry Chocolate Chip is AWESOME!!!!!

http://www.graeters.com/raspberry.aspx

BLEEDS
03-19-2010, 11:44 AM

I am SOOO going to place an order for that to be delivered!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Caveman Techie
03-19-2010, 12:21 PM

My new favorite is the Blueberry Pie Icecream. And I don't even like blueberry's!

Pony Boy
03-19-2010, 12:25 PM
I have been to a lot of MLB parks and GAPB is one of the best in the area of concessions.

I love the bar on the lower level between 3rd base and the left field corner. To be able to get real mixed drinks right on the concourse is pretty unusual in MLB parks.

Although I am a goldstar guy, I think that the skyline chili is excellent. It taste like what you get at a real skyline, unlike the goldstars at PBS, which don't taste anything like real goldstar.

Overall the options of food are just outstanding. Larosas, Penn Station, Montgomery Inn (although I personally hate Montgomery Inn food; I would love it if they were replaced by City BBQ), Skyline, UDF. The Reds have done an excellent job with our ballpark food.

BLEEDS
03-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Just so you know I wasn't kidding:

Thank you ________ for your order placed on Friday, March 19, 2010!

For your future reference, your Customer Number is 88317 and your Order
Number is 188600.

The following Gift Message will be included with your order:

Below is a summary of your order and the total price that will be charged
to your credit card:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Product Code - Product Name Price
1 DCC - Double Chocolate Chip 0.00
1 BLI - Buckeye Blitz 0.00
1 VAN - Vanilla 0.00
1 COO - Cookie Dough Chip 0.00
1 PBC - Peanut Butter Chip 0.00
1 BRC - Black Raspberry Chip 0.00
1 06-2 - 6 Pint Ice Cream Shipper 80.00
(Next Day Air Afternoon)
Sub-Total: 80.00
Tax: 0.00
Shipping & Handling: 0.00
TOTAL: 80.00

next Th is my birthday, and I've lost 15 lbs since Jan 1, so I can celebrate a little!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Kingspoint
03-19-2010, 07:16 PM
You'll still have 5 pounds to spare after that.

BLEEDS
03-19-2010, 09:03 PM
You'll still have 5 pounds to spare after that.

Actually want to lose 20 lbs more, 10 in the next 5 weeks...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

gedred69
03-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Beer.......

BigJohn
03-22-2010, 10:37 AM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/ayce.jsp?partnerId=ed-3272473-128875590

Anyone tried the All you can eat seats?